Community Hospice of Texas

Community Hospice of Texas Employee Reviews

very rewarding job
I enjoy my work family, and the job is rewarding, and sometimes emotional. I feel we have a good support system in place when things get tough. I am pleased with the job, and the great group I work with.
Don’t be fooled
You are basically getting grilled by several different employees at an “interview” to see if they want u in their click or not. They make u do a “personality test” even! this place is a complete waste of time- learn from my experience
Pros
Cons
everything
Great job and team! Management leaves a lot to be desired!
Loved my job and team of peers I worked with! During my 15+ years at CHOT, I had 11 directors! Staff retention is a big issue at this company and is mostly due to poor management. Hiring good management seems to be the company’s biggest challenge. Would have liked to stay at this company until retirement but left because of poor management!!
I love my job
Hospice is a difficult job. It’s the staff at Community who genuinely care about one another who make it worth it. It’s a very flexible job with managers who understand the need for a good work life balance.
Longevity
Retention is horrible. There is no respect for longevity. Quick to kick you to the curb rather than try to help.The job it self is rewarding.Clients, families , and field staff help dealing with the lack of appreciation worth it.
Pros
Lunch leftovers at times
Cons
No breaks
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great team!
Community has a great team or nurses and caregivers. The workload can be overwhelming at times, but the support that I receive from my coworkers and supervisors is phenomenal.
Good and Bad
Actually not very different from any other hospice, except they are nonprofit. You are typically worked like a dog with little genuine gratitude from management. On call is mandatory. Computer documentation. Pay is decent.
Pros
Nonprofit
Cons
Hard work with little genuine support for management.
Compassionate and Committed
I found my time with this organization to be insightful and educational. In my role as intern management ensured I had access .to any and all pertinent training materials. In addition to daily one-on-one conversations with immediate supervisors, I was afforded a weekly conversation with my oversight team. This team was supportive and encouraging of growth and goal achievement.
Sympathetic and understanding work environment
It's a good place to work. The company has a lot of compassion for the patients and their family, which in turn has helped me learn how to grow in my own sympathies. The teamwork is exceptional, a trait that can only be nurtured by an understanding management team that views its employees as people. I've never worked with a friendlier staff.
They are incredibly flexible, and not just in the personal aspect of things. Logistically, they are willing to work with you in ways not many other companies are. Doctors appointments are never a point of contention, nor childcare.

The only issue I have is all the driving. If not for that, I may not look elsewhere, but I think it's time for me to have a job that lets me settle down a little more.
Great organization, great mission
The company is a great organization with a great mission, which makes the job fulfilling. Just like most organizations, there are busy times and slow times, however the pace of work for the most part is fairly busy, which makes the day go by faster. Company uses the newest technology available to perform its mission.
Pros
Great coworkers, great benefits
Cons
High turnover due to the type of business
great place to work
great place to work,get cancelled when census is low,i love my job here ,just need more hours,good insurance benefits,flexible hours,good teamwork,great manager
Not a bad place to be
It's a nice environment. Colleagues are enjoyable and easy to get a long with for the most part. Management (depending on department) needs improving.
was a good place to work
typical work day very busy
I learned multi tasking, computer programs to operate different office equipment

site management was wonderful upper management disconnected

hardest part one bad mistake and fired

most enjoyable co workers at the site
I learned alot about hospice.
I enjoyed my work but not always the coworkers. Just think we could have had a better team. But I do believe Community Hospice is a good company with good goals.
Pros
A very good leader.
Cons
Some of the nurses i worked with.
I worked here for 3 years. The only reason I left is because I needed off the night shift. The people who worked there, had worked there for many years. I still stay in touch with the co-workers I had, I would still be on the night shift all these years later.
Pros
great work place, great co-workers
Cons
Couldnt get off the night shift, no room to move up
Horrible place to work, they do NOT car about their employees AT ALL.
Work all the time, only hear about the negative, never get any good recognition. The management is a bunch of back stabbing liars. NO teamwork whatsoever.
Pros
Good amount of PTO, but you never get approved to take time off
Cons
Community hospice is still allowed to work with the public.
Horrible place to work
I truly believe that their main focus is not care "Giving" like it should be. I feel, from what Ive seen, it is all about money. The families are the ones that suffer. I could not work for a place like this!
fun work place
Ii see 5 pt a day.
I learned to take care of pt and family has they go through a family member passing.

Management is very good.

The most enjoyable of this job is getting to meet new people and taking care of people.
overall good place to work
Management really tries to maintain work/life balance. Flexible, especially where family circumstances apply. Team communication needs improvement, which is true almost everywhere!
excellent company
by far the best company I have ever worked for or with. I would recomoment this hospice company to anyone or any family that needs the care for end of life.
Compassionate care
Community Hospice of Texas is an amazing place to work. The staff provides compassionate care to patients at the end-of-life and helps the family as well.