COMMUNITY HOSPICE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Caring and empathetic company
Hospice Nurse (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Ft. WorthMarch 11, 2018
Community Hospice and its staff are very empathetic and caring towards the patient and family members. Respite was provided as family requested to avoid caregiver burnout.
A place to give the terminally ill care and security
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYFebruary 6, 2018
The caregiving in the security in this company is great, sometimes the office staff was more business than understanding the care that was needed. Overall I enjoyed working here, as you went home to home and didn't have anybody looking over your shoulder all the time.
It was okay when work was fairly spread equal between me on other drivers in co workers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 6, 2018
I wish I could be there still but my years in service isn't a enough to achieve or to advance with the company with in so I had to make a difficult choice but still was very thankful for being employ I learn in work well at my very best in I will take with me where ever I go.
Pros
Time flys when busy working i know i always was
Cons
Not enough breaks or help
Great Learning Enviornment
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 22, 2017
I would still work for the company, assisting patients with their last stage of life is a very rewarding job. Having the Home Team, Facility Team and the Hospice House in Hughson CA. are all excellent places to expand your experiance as a nurse.
what they stand for is wonderful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hughson, CADecember 4, 2017
Very physical job, Under-staffed. Burn out happens fast. The people making the difference in the patients lives, are the ones being over-looked. As with many companies, the people that run the show, are the ones that have the easiest and highest paying positions. The corporate employees either forgot or don't care about how much the employees on the front line actually do, and aren't helped and appreciated enough.
Pros
doing good for people in need
Cons
selfish in staffing enough employees and pay for them
Great Company
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 2, 2017
95-99% perfect...any complaints pale in comparison to the benefits and the fulfillment from such an honorable position. You wouldn't believe how many skills you use in end of life care as everyone has different needs-problems and the skill it takes to do it site on scene. Acute care is probably easier but you lose the flexibility and independence hospice has. I love it.
Pros
Pay, benefits, middle management is awesome and very supportive, challenging patients to keep u sharp, keep skills up, opportunities for free CE (meal included) events and more
Cons
Upper management has unreasonable expectations/does not understand positions, EMR program is tedious and slow, car gets dinged and broke into making pt visits, no longer provide CEUs regularly for employees, just the occasional ones offered to the public after hours/weekends
Company falling apart
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2017
Community Hospice falling apart our team managed by a bully consultant. Rumors of the Company folding and it was very stressfull not knowing if your job is secure.
Pros
salary good
Cons
unstable company
Not Specified
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CANovember 21, 2017
My day at work would be great because doing donations was a highlight of my day, also assisting in cashier and pricing could be fun as well. I loved working for this employer.
Pros
Good Communicaton
Cons
Heavy Equipment sometimes overloaded with donations
Compassion is the keyword
Registered Nurse- Float, Primary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2017
Co-workers and management show compassion and understanding not only for patients but for each other. Loved working here. Team/family atmosphere. Challenging role dealing with patients and families but co-workers and managers help to make it a very enjoyable workplace.
Management creates a very stressful environment
Hospice Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  NCSeptember 26, 2017
VP of Business Development creates a very stressful environment filled with threats of your job. Don't expect support only words that are not conducive to a motivating work environment.

Want to know more about COMMUNITY HOSPICE?

Ask a question
Community Hospice
Vice-President/ Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 15, 2017
Changes in leadership change the environment of the organization where it became cut-throat. you come to work fearing your job. atmosphere became dull and staff where unhappy.
The hospice heart was no longer there. There is no compassionate for employees. Clinical Staff are excellent leader leads by fear.
Pros
Benefits and Salary are excellent
Cons
Leadership is very bad
Very Welcoming
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CA/Stockton, CASeptember 13, 2017
Made you feel like you were part of the Family.
The patients and Families were so appreciative of your time and assistance.
Would prefer not to say anything else about this organization.
Great Company!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2017
Excellent company to work for! Great Benefits! Great support system! Would recommend to anyone. Would not quit if I had more income. Excellent work life balance.
Pros
Great support! Very organized
Cons
None for company. I need more income
Great place to work!!!
Patient Care Coordinator, VC (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCAugust 28, 2017
Working with this hospice company has been very rewarding. I have been able to touch so many lives without even knowing it. Being able to help someone else is a reward in it self.
Pros
401k company match
Cons
healthcare changes and reimbursements
Community Hospice
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALJuly 3, 2017
Taking care of terminal ill patients in home setting. Very rewarding but also very stressful. You have to be able to make changes at unplanned times to accommodate patients. Management was wonderful in being supportive. The driving from place to place gets old some days.
Pros
Caring for others
Cons
Driving
Excellent place to work.
Healthcare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with the doctors. I was able to work with the Chief Resident at Shands Hospitalto create simulations used for training other physicians. I wrote and acted in them. It was very fun. The competition was tough and I had to work very hard to maintain and increase my market share. My manager taught me alot about the industry as well as sales and marketing for a non-profit organization. She was great to work for.
Pros
Job culture was great and being independent lead to my success.
Cons
Discussing death and dying daily.
The work is very rewarding
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  NcMay 2, 2017
The job itself is rewarding, however as a nurse you typically work 60+ hours a week and are expected to do more.. more nursing staff required to do what is expected. Management is great.
Pros
Manager
Cons
Long work days and call
Fun and productive working environment
Office Support Project (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 3, 2017
Wonderful charity and a great atmosphere. Everyone is nice and professional. Staff members are wonderful and everything is organized and runs smoothly. Great volunteers and opportunities.
Pros
Volunteers
Cons
No Salaries
Great job if management likes you
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHMarch 15, 2017
I absolutely loved my job with Community Hospice. However, with management, the right hand did not follow what the left hand instructed me to do. Hence, it all rolls down hill and no one would defend you and it was an useless battle. It was all about referrals. Other former employees feel the same way. Patients and families were great and made it worth the other nonsense
Pros
Patiennts and families
Great working conditions
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHMarch 2, 2017
Some of the greatest people that I have ever worked with. Even on a coworkers worst day they are still better than most. The dedication of the employees is noticeable at every level from patient care through administration.
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
None that I can think of!