Community Hospital OKC Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work. Pay is low in comparison to most places. Issues are not addressed by management.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2019
Just don't bother working here unless you have a good friend that's been there forever. Very clickish atmosphere. The staff are very inappropriate at times. Management ignores issues needing to be dealt with.
Pros
The food is good in the cafeteria.
Cons
Just too many to list
Clicky facility
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 2, 2019
Made to travel to 3 facilities when I was hired to work at 1..No incentive given for travel..Norelief.Staff shows up late constantly.Supervisors on day shift are rude.
Pros
You get a meal discount
Cons
12hr shifts in bad enviroment
Fantastic place to work
Quality Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 22, 2019
This company is physician-owned and really cares about its employees. I recently got promoted and everyone has been extremely helpful to assist in any troubleshooting I need.
Pros
Awesome management staff
Cons
It is fast-paced in certain areas
Coworkers are focused on giving exemplary patient care and are an awesome group of talented people!
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 8, 2018
Opportunity for advancement is limited and seems to correlate more with who you know rather than how qualified you are for the position. Promotion from within is not the company's standard based on its hiring history.
Easy going and very good benefits
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Okc okApril 27, 2018
I love working there i really love the way they do things and the tranning was easy and well tought. I learned alot of new things like ckeaning the surgical rooms and cleaning with the different types of chemicals that are only used in those rooms.
Great Company
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2018
This company is amazing to work for. They really look out for their employee's and care. If you get chance to work for this company i would highly recommend them.
great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 19, 2017
This was definitely my most favorite job. I left do to needing icu experience to go on to crna school. I highly recommend this hospital. I worked for this company for 12 yrs
Productive and Good Place to work for
Receipt Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2017
I loved working for HPI. It has a great culture and has a wonderful atmosphere. The Most enjoyable part of this job was the people. Great people to work with.
High turnover
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 13, 2017
I wouldn't waste your time working with this hospital. I worked here many years in a couple different departments. There's no room for advancement unless you're best friends with the directors/ management or having an inappropriate relationship with one of the surgeons. HIGH staffing turnover and for good reason. (New north location)
Pros
Free lodge on a rare occasion
Cons
Too many to list!
Do not work for this company!
RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 13, 2017
I worked in the Surgical Department as an RN for 6 years, and I never worked in a more hostile and critical environment. Nepotism was rampant, and if you weren't related to or lifelong friends with someone in management, you didn't have a chance. They were constantly terminating people for absolutely no reason. Oh don't get me wrong, there were always "reasons". Sometimes they would terminate someone just to make room for one of their friends. The pay and benefits were good. And I did learn a lot while I worked there, like the world can be a mean place, you can't trust everyone, and sometimes it's worth it to make less money to work in a better environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hostile environment
Sterile processing
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 11, 2017
The worst job I've ever had in my life.too many chiefs.There is no training process your thrown in there to figure it out. The only time management will talk to you is when you do something wrong that you was not properly train to do anyway. I feel like this place will be a great place to work when they get some new management.I only speak for the north campus don't know how south runs.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
very unorganized
A great place to work
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 29, 2017
A great place to work, very busy during the day, learned a lot about time management between different facilities, communication with management was good, helping employees was the most enjoyable part of this job.
my work place was safe and fun to work at, i enjoyed working at all my jobs.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  3100 SW 89th Street, oklahoma coty o,73159November 13, 2016
It was great working at this hospital Ceo presidents doctors and P A's and all staff was great to work with i only have one regret that i had to come back to hawaii under personal situations, my employment there was great.
Pros
free lunches, great benifits, bonuses
Cons
none to speak of everything and every one was sweet
Very good place to work
Medical Billing Appeals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 8, 2015
Work consisted of reviewing medical claims and eobs. I made the determination on whether a claim could be fixed and resubmitted or an appeal needed to be done. The necessary action was taken to get the claim paid.

I learned about claims and what needs to be done to get them paid. I mainly worked with orthopedics but also did general practice, ob/gyn, pain management, bariatric, workers comp. etc.

I worked well with my co-workers and we always utilized each other if there was a question that needed an answer. We had the best management. They were always there when they were needed.

The one thing that was most enjoyable was when there was an extremely difficult claim not being paid and getting it handled so that it was paid. The most difficult ones are the ones that there is absolutely nothing that could be done to get the claim paid. This would be mostly a medical necessity issue and it becomes an elective surgery.
Pros
great management, co-workers, healthcare and other benefits
Cons
can't think of any
Amazing Company
Director of Project Management (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 12, 2013
By far, one of the best places I've ever worked. I started as a contractor before being hired directly to the IT Department. I know all departments are operated differently, but the IT Dept. was a great place to be at HPI. Great management and very focused on community, family, growth and team. I've learned a ton while at HPI and sorely miss the team and company.
Pros
Great work/life balance, focused on employees and growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Hospital OKC. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Hospital OKC Reviews by Location