Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula

Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula Employee Reviews

Unsupportive to staff allows harrasment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Pacific Grove, CAMarch 10, 2019
Poor management, lack of diversity, unsportive culture, not open to staff ideas, and no support from HR for employees when they ask for help when harassed by managers.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, staff has no voice, rights, or union to address harrasment.
Excellent
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 16, 2019
This is an excellent company to work for. I highly recommend it. The cost of living is high in this area, but Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula accommodates it.
We have a great gift shop
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 6, 2019
It's a very pleasant place to work at. Staff is very helpful and friendly.
Anytime I need help, my co-workers help me. Overall this company is very constructive.
Pros
constructive
Cons
there's no restaurants around to go get food.
Charming and supportive staff
Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CADecember 28, 2018
Reallocate good program for new employees . Good learning courses. Great assistance director . Poor schedule, release 1 or 2 weeks in advance. Good technology
Very political
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 12, 2018
There was a lack of communication within the department. The culture was a very cut throat and unfriendly. Complaints would be ignored by upper management. However, the pay was great and I feel they fairly compensate for the workload that your given.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Fast Pace area especially in a Trauma situation,some of the Doctors can speak as fast as you can complete the order we call it Stat.
Senior Trauma Tech-ER (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 23, 2018
emergency Room you get to know all the procedures and carry it with you always its like second nature you just react to the patients complaint stat. Continuing education is a must cause every month there is always a new machine that you must know do to its a life saving unit. hospital policy is also a must to know cause of pat care and new laws that effects all hospital employees. Security is another policy to know. for me I was in security as a supervisor so I was able to put both policy together. Second nature was my work as a SR. Tech.24 years of my Life. My parents are now old that's why I moved to kings county. I am still certified C.P.R. and my knowledge in the medical field well its still second nature. Never went away.
Pros
The fast pace of 911 and the education you carry it forever
Cons
caring for homeless people that are cold sick no place to go and no food
tough job for a large well managed hospital
Nutrition Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 15, 2018
daily fast paced, always learning to improve my skill set, management was punitive in nature, and you took full responsibility for every second you worked, every word that came out of your mouth, but basically if you fulfilled your responsibility you would be able to have job security.
Pros
good pay and set hours
Cons
tempormental and aggressive coworkers and supervisors
Great interdisciplinary team work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 2, 2018
Since new management and HR, focus is on money and profits, patient safety and care comes secondary.They have lost many staff including doctors due to this new attitude. Very punitive environment. People are afraid to speak up.

Great learning opportunities.
Pros
good pay/benefits
Cons
poor management and HR/ not supportive of staff
Nice Place to work
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF PATIENT BUSINESS SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 10, 2018
Overall CHOMP is a great place to work. Unfortunately i worked under a leader who was very passive aggressive and really did not follow the company mission and values.
student
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 10, 2018
I was only a student doing my internship at this hospital. I only worked there for three months overseeing the employees and helping out with whatever i could.
Spa like hospital
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 3, 2018
The hospital itself was very spa like and created a more lay back cultural. Benefit and salary was very good and one of the few hospital that were not union.
Staff RN
CA- Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 26, 2018
This is a very friendly community hospital. The staff if friendly and knowledgeable. The nurses are smart, as are the doctors. I really enjoy working here.
Excellent Employer/Opportunity for growth
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 12, 2018
Excellent employer. Pay and benefits are exceptional.My management team throughout different departments were always supportive. Offers continuing education benefits to further your career.
Fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 5, 2018
Everyone was so helpful and friendly throughout my time at Community Hospital. Very clean and fair staffing. Everyone is always willing to help. I loved the environment.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
no cons
Very professional
Certified Professional Coder (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAFebruary 5, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working for CHOMP was the people. They employed some of the most dedicated and professional people. I definitely enjoyed learning and pursuing personal goals.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
not enough diverstity
Administration does not care about employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 26, 2018
The administration at CHOMP allows its managers to treat employees in such a poor manner. They protect the ones that are doing the most damage at all costs. Managers that have had multiple complaints made against them are either given promotions or transferred to other departments. The HR department does nothing to help the employees, which is wrong since the employees are the ones doing all the actual work.
Great Place to work
Laboratory Technician / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA 93942January 11, 2018
I was trained at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. After completing school I performed my required clinical hours here. Although I did not have any experience they were willing to hire me.
I learned so many skills at this hospital.
Pros
Good Learning Hospital
Cons
Can't think of any.
Excellent
Volunteer Assistant Counselor; Counselor (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 3, 2018
The hospital covers everything a person needs for a full recovery from alcohol/drugs. It was a pleasure to work for this organization. I am also in recovery and wen through the program
Wonderful Organization to Work for....
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA 93942December 4, 2017
Sadly, I left my position to relocate out of state. I cannot recommend CHOMP enough. Amazing benefits and people. A lot of opportunity for growth. There are always some rough parts of any job but overall, they are a fabulous employer.
Run!
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 17, 2017
Poor Management. Culture is cut throat and competitive, not supportive. Everyone is so intimidated and afraid of management that it creates a culture of everyone against each other.
No work/life balance and expectations of overtime, with no respect for family life.
Pros
payrate is competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.7InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

4.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula Reviews by Location