Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula

Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
student
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 10, 2018
I was only a student doing my internship at this hospital. I only worked there for three months overseeing the employees and helping out with whatever i could.
Spa like hospital
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 3, 2018
The hospital itself was very spa like and created a more lay back cultural. Benefit and salary was very good and one of the few hospital that were not union.
Staff RN
CA- Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 26, 2018
This is a very friendly community hospital. The staff if friendly and knowledgeable. The nurses are smart, as are the doctors. I really enjoy working here.
Excellent Employer/Opportunity for growth
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 12, 2018
Excellent employer. Pay and benefits are exceptional.My management team throughout different departments were always supportive. Offers continuing education benefits to further your career.
Fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 5, 2018
Everyone was so helpful and friendly throughout my time at Community Hospital. Very clean and fair staffing. Everyone is always willing to help. I loved the environment.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
no cons
Very professional
Certified Professional Coder (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAFebruary 5, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working for CHOMP was the people. They employed some of the most dedicated and professional people. I definitely enjoyed learning and pursuing personal goals.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
not enough diverstity
Administration does not care about employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 26, 2018
The administration at CHOMP allows its managers to treat employees in such a poor manner. They protect the ones that are doing the most damage at all costs. Managers that have had multiple complaints made against them are either given promotions or transferred to other departments. The HR department does nothing to help the employees, which is wrong since the employees are the ones doing all the actual work.
Great Place to work
Laboratory Technician / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA 93942January 11, 2018
I was trained at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. After completing school I performed my required clinical hours here. Although I did not have any experience they were willing to hire me.
I learned so many skills at this hospital.
Pros
Good Learning Hospital
Cons
Can't think of any.
Excellent
Volunteer Assistant Counselor; Counselor (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 3, 2018
The hospital covers everything a person needs for a full recovery from alcohol/drugs. It was a pleasure to work for this organization. I am also in recovery and wen through the program
Wonderful Organization to Work for....
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA 93942December 4, 2017
Sadly, I left my position to relocate out of state. I cannot recommend CHOMP enough. Amazing benefits and people. A lot of opportunity for growth. There are always some rough parts of any job but overall, they are a fabulous employer.
Run!
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 17, 2017
Poor Management. Culture is cut throat and competitive, not supportive. Everyone is so intimidated and afraid of management that it creates a culture of everyone against each other.
No work/life balance and expectations of overtime, with no respect for family life.
Pros
payrate is competitive
fun and hard working place
Radiology Front Dest/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Monterey caOctober 2, 2017
I really like my co workers very fun to work with, willing to help out when day gets busy. Some days are better than others, I like being busy it makes the time go by fast. I learned that there are alot of different personalitys that you have to learn to get along its a give and take experience. I love what I do at chomp but my job did change I worked for Chomp for 14 years the first 9 years I work in Radiology really like it, I was then switch over to PBS as registrar and it was very different, I had to learn there system and be trained for there type of work ethics, were challenging, but I learn a lot. The best part of my job is talking to patients and getting to know them. The challenging part is keeping up with the fast past of business with appointments and phone calls and the busy day with everything else.
Pros
get pain really good, and hours are pretty good also
Cons
1/2 lunches
Quality Work environment
Emergency Department RN, 36 HRS per week (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 2, 2017
Quality work environment, well staffed with visible interactive executive management, competitive wage, education focused. Limited room for organizational advancement.
I will never work for that company again
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 17, 2017
Horrible place to work. They say all the right things but their actions are the opposite. It's pretty on the outside but inside it's ugly and no one will talk about it because they are scared to lose their jobs or their life will become more miserable working there. There is no union to protect the employees.
very clinically oriented workplace for pharmacists
Clinical Pharmacist - Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 5, 2017
The pharmacists are involved with distribution as well as clinical activities with a busy clinical schedule. Pharmacists are involved with the pain management protocol which is a very interesting clinical practice not found in many hospitals. This is a very unique, advanced setting for pharmacists to practice.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Mandatory meetings
I've worked with lots of wonderful people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 31, 2017
Community Hospital is a wonderful place to work. I was employed for 35 years. I had a great working relationship with hospital staff, as well as upper management.
Patient care was always number one and giving back to our community.
Pros
Education, Advancements
Great hospital overall
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 28, 2017
Great and friendly employees, very well kept hospital, great patient care. employees make you feel welcomed. very open and willing to help one another
Productive and fun work place.
Internship (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 5, 2017
CHOMP is constantly busy, us radiologist never sit down, we are always on the go. I enjoy being proactive to help my patients have the best/ comforting experience here at CHOMP. The internship here at CHOMP has had an positive effect on myself. I want to continue to work in the medical field as I continue to pursue my Associates degree in Radiology.
Pros
Great benefits, Great co workers
Cons
Short lunch/ dinner breaks
Amazing place to work
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 26, 2017
I loved working in the CHOMP ED. The department has 35 beds plus triage and four psychiatric beds, we saw about 150 people per day on average. The team is wonderful. I always felt supported by the staff, doctors and by management. I left this position because I had to move. I hope to be back there one day.
Pros
great team
great
Instructor Disaster training (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 25, 2017
Great campus and welcoming staff. I conducted a contracted training session at the hospital on preparing for disasters. The course included power point presentation, a mock drill, and after action review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.7InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

4.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight