Community Housing Innovations Employee Reviews

Worst place ever to work
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYAugust 25, 2019
The people that work at CHI case managers , support staff , maintenance are wonderful .
The management is horrendous
They hire unqualified acquaintances for management positions that run the employees and houses to the ground
they are power hungry tyrants
That lie cheat and steal to get their way
With Human Resources backing them up 100%
There is no support for a employee but to quit or get fired
No job protection whatsoever
Place sucks
Awful management/supervision. Expect so much from you. Upper management is very unprofessional.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYAugust 24, 2019
Worst place i have ever worked at. I would not suggest any social worker that cares about being professional and truly helping people apply to work here.
CHI can be unhealthy.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYAugust 7, 2019
Nepotism is all it is in CHI. You can work your finger to the bone, sacrifice your personal time to the clients, unpaid and it still does not matter. It is all about Nepotism. CHI has placed favored individuals in Management positions with little or no experience. Such individuals are dirty and will blame the case managers for their own errors. HR, Middle and upper management are not only unapproachable, but dare you speak out against a Supervisor's unethical actions. You get fired. You get abused by the clients continually, and no support from Management. Supervisors will lie, and you cannot speak out against them. Employees has no protection, poor benefits and no support.
Great for the Detail-Oriented and Responsible who want Entry Level Social Services Experience
Resident Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYJune 25, 2019
In these 24/7 Facilities, A typical shift entails monitoring that clients are following rules and regulations that ensure their safety.

Early mornings and Late Nights are typical and may make the RSS role difficult for some, Multiple facilities across NYS make it quite convenient.

Management is highly responsive and the workplace culture teaches accountability, integrity, and professionalism.

Specialist are thoroughly trained and certified in valuable emergency response skills.
productive, fun with kids
Summer Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYJune 12, 2019
this is a summer camp for community housing interventions. working with the children can be frustrating at times but in the end its really fun and its easy work as long as you know how to deal with children
Work place culture
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  75 South Broadway, Suite 340 whiteplan, NY 10601May 17, 2019
I would describe the workplace as an independent environment. You work by yourself and you have your own office. If you are looking to use your skills, this position allows you to be creative. Oversaw a residential shelter program which housed eight homeless males with a history of impairments. I Conducted intensive assessment which included and not limited to: health, financial, nutritional, and social/emotional. Once Identified next came the development of individualized care plans for residents and connected them to any additional community resources. Implemented goals as potential crises were recognized and effectively intervened to prevent or resolved crisis situations. Recognized for effectively incorporating outside the box methods during conflicts and mediating fair solutions.
Facilitated team meetings and on-site pieces of training to prepare staff
Pros
You work independently
Cons
The managers were well informed about their job responsibilities
I absolutely love my job
Residential Support Specialist r/Mastic Beach NY (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 29, 2019
Since day 1 I have been treated with much respect and have been a major fan of the company since being hired. I only have positive things to say and am grateful for my job and all of the higher ups...
Pros
There is a high recognition of all good staff.
Cons
No cons at this time.
Great experience to learn horrible staff and management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 7, 2019
I worked at CHI for two year. Being a case manager is something i recommend for everyone ! You learn everything possible, from mental health addiction , homelessness , you think of any population you will be working with them. You establish a close relationship with DSS/ DOL and maybe other treatment facilities. I adored this job, until a specific manager came in. She was very judgemental, called us white privledge and was not someone i felt comfortable speaking to as a supervisor. When this “supervisor” moved up she hired an even more less qualified supervisor . It was a nightmare . CHIs main goals is numbers on how to get our homeless clients out no matter if it is beneficial for them or not. Eventually i couldn’t take the abuse and i left. I hope CHI makes changes and gets rid of people who are not fit for the positions they were given. PS management is lazy they call out all the time, dress very innoproriate and treat clients horribly. It’s such a shame because they could have had wonderful people take those positions who love social work.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Horrible insurance no supervisor no training horrible management
Experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYJune 29, 2018
I learned how to stay focused, positive and professional while working in a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the clients live in a safe and healthy environment and working with a team of motivated colleagues with the same goals.
Not really a great culture.
House Monitor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2018
There are no real benefits for the employees. A lot of information provided to employees is bogus or false. There is no real coverage for an employee that could get hurt on the job. I enjoy working with he residences. But there is no real growth potential.
Me at work in CHI
House Monitor (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYFebruary 20, 2018
When its was great at times sometimes it was busy n times its was slow but it fell good helping people n not a bad place to work till retired met alot of overtime but company got smart n cut on overtime more than before I worked there for five years
Bad management
House Monitor (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYOctober 31, 2017
I was hired as a house monitor, and was poorly treated. I put in all the hours that was needed of me & still was not treated fairly.
The workplace was a dangerous place for just one person.
Pros
Some co-workers are nice but the majority of the staff need attitude adjustments.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 17, 2017
In order to have a decent salary, you must negotiate a fair salary when first accepting a position. The upper management at the company is never satisfied with an excellent work performance, they talk down to you to lower your self esteem. They go behind your back to staff in your department and talk about you to make you look bad or incompetent. The hardest part of the job is trying to work with other department heads, who have little people skills and are just difficult people to deal with. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is time to go home.

Beware not a very professional place to work.
Love helping people and guiding them in the right direction.
House Monitor (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYMay 23, 2017
Seeing what people went through in life really touched my heart. I always went over and beyond being a house monitor take make sure the people where set. I was say people take there life for granted they should cherish there life's.
i like working here because i like to help other .
Floater / House Monitor (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 21, 2015
come in greet the clients ask does anyone need help with anything proceed to check the house for safety reason .the most enjoyable, is when they find permanent housing . my coworker are great to work with we all try and do our best .
Pros
meet new people and also assist in finding housing or talk to them about schooling
Cons
some client just have so many problems that they some times take it out on staff verbally
Great place to work.
House Monitor (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYMarch 24, 2015
Great place to work. Flexible hours, overtime, friendly co-workers. Can't say enough good things. But I need something closer to home. I apply myself whole heartedly to my jobs and am ready to take on any challenge. I pride myself in my dedication to my responsibilities.
Great Experience
Accts Payable Clerk/Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoyed working for community housing innovations, coworker and management were very helpful and willing to train you to advance to other positions. excellent family values and MOST coworkers were work as a team.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
not much room for advancment
Too many channels
Property Management (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYDecember 29, 2014
The staff in the company are top notch; however one has to go through too many channels to get an answer or an approval. no raises.
House monitor.
House Monitor (Current Employee) –  Commack, NYAugust 3, 2014
Great to work with different environments, and different people. Helped me evolve as a worker dealing with the unexpected daily.
Assist to the District Director and Property Manager for Homeless population
Assistant Administrator/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYMay 23, 2013
Assist District Director of program, housing homeless individuals. Perform duties of the District Director when necessary. Hire, assign, schedule and monitor employee job performance. Instruct various training for staff. Create newsletter for employees. Prepare and submit payroll for district employees to Headquarters. Determine client eligibility for the program. Inspect homes to determine suitability for clients. Mediate monthly client meetings to maintain program protocol.
Learned: About the homeless population and they could be helped..
Management: Caring toward clients and staff.
Co-workers: Hard workers and caring toward clients.
Hardest part of the job: Not being able to house everyone.
Most enjoyable part of the job: Great company to work for.
Pros
Helping individuals find housing.
Cons
Could not help everyone