Community Housing Partners Employee Reviews

Don't do it to yourself
Maintenance Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 8, 2019
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for the company they scratch their employees to the limit you have to work two or three properties just to get your hours poor management skills some of the staff does not know how to talk to the employees they are not trustworthy they lie their deceitful and if you are not a so-called team player you're not in there click they show favoritism to some of the employees and they treat the employees that does all the work like nothing but praise the ones who sleep on the job and does nothing if you like to be used this is the job for you if you know your worth stay away
Pros
Cons
Not a healthy place to work
Poor management
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  VAApril 1, 2018
Property manager wanted to micro manage everything, but missed at least 3 days a month and was never at work on time. Wrote me up for doing a job she insisted I do but failed to tell upper management she told me to do it. There was inappropriate relationships between office staff and management. Property manager would tell you to do one thing, regional would tell you to do another and then corporate would come and tell you to do a whole different one. They would write one employee up for doing something and not say anything to others for doing the same thing or worse. One of the worst maintenence companies I have ever worked for.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits.
Cons
Poor management, lack of respect, management belittles employees
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sr. Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCOctober 7, 2018
Management was the best as they were very supportive and takes employees suggestions into consideration. They definitely make you feel like a team player. Advancement is easy and you do not have to wait years to excel.
Pros
Coworkers are always willing to help fellow coworkers
Horrible place to work
Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoJanuary 24, 2019
You want to get screwed over go work with CHP Solutions you can't trust anything that management says they're all out for themselves they say their nonprofit agency nonsense the people at the top are making lots of money they care nothing about their employees are just putting on a good show because they get donations from private citizens so they have to make themselves look good
Others than mangers trying to tell you how to do your job it was ok
Maintenance Superior (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VA/Blacksburg Va.December 10, 2018
Worked 2 different times first time always no money in the budget for supply paid for some myself 2nd no different management poor money they save bigger the bonus at the end of the year Maintenance looked at like 2nd class people and was told one time any body could do maintenance this from someone who couldn't change a lock
management needs to be trained in people skills always a maintenance or grounds jobs available the mangers mico-mange and don't have any idea what's going on
Pros
Working with Tenants they also were glad to see maintenance
Cons
Managers
Too much work for one person
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 17, 2019
I was supposively a property manager with CHP. Issue with that is that I was the only person who worked in the office, ever. I had one maintenance person with at least 30 open work orders all the time. I was finally given extra maintenance help when I gave notice. Had to come in early or stay late to do work I couldn't do with office being open during day with phone ringing off the hook, tenant complaints and trying to lease units. The company philosophy is great, but on property level, there were no resources or time to properly succeed in companies objectives.
Pros
Regional manager was great, and tried to deal with vorporate demands and impossible work load fir manager.
Cons
One person in office, no managing done. Always have reports to do, no mattet how overwhelmed you are. Q
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 26, 2018
I loved this company I went from being a part time leasing agent to Managing three properties in less to two years from beginning employment with them.
Summary
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 24, 2018
Very nice, friendly, relaxed environment. Work load is reasonable, co-workers are helpful when they can be. Although things can get intense, backed up on work orders and such. Overall it's a good organization
Chp
ADMINISTRATIVE OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2017
When I fist started at Community Housing Partners I enjoyed the work culture. It was when new management stepped in and things went left. I cant handle being micro managed.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
the work culture
Amazing
Payroll and Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAAugust 17, 2018
This company really knows how to serve others and keep the employees happy. I would gladly go back to this company and hope to when I move back to Virginia.
Great Mission
Prefer not to disclose (Current Employee) –  VAMay 16, 2018
Company mission is something you can really believe in. The sites are small and therefore pay is low while stress is very high. This is not a 40 hour/week job.
Pros
Most folks there are AMAZING
Cons
Upper Management won't always keep promises
You must fit the mold and love hierarchy
Resident Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 22, 2018
The person I directly reported to was truly extraordinary, they were collaborative, creative, pushed me to be my best self as an employee and supported my visions. The culture of the company however, was very different, the language that was used within the company suggested that they were open, collaborative and creative, their actions showed otherwise. I realized early on that what to company is really looking for, are people who keep their heads down, agree with their managers, and don't make waves. They also have a "good 'ol boy" hierarchical structure, that says you MUST go through the "chain of commands" and you cannot speak to people above your pay grade. This is archaic. The culture was more about being a good cog in the system, opposed to creating new solutions and pushing the company forward. This is not the kind of environment I thrive in. If you like being a cog, than check out CHP, but if by nature, you need to innovate, create and find better solutions than I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Pros
You have the opportunity to work with incredible community members
Cons
They expect you to keep your head down and avoid making waves
Resient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 14, 2018
Fun work place, enjoyed co-workers and the culture. Assisted individuals reach life goals and aspire to better themselves. Worked closely with community agencies an support personnel.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Lack of direction
Easy going Job with great benefits
Weatherization Technician (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJanuary 21, 2014
Going to the clients house looking at what needed to be replaced or fixed and do them. Worked 4 days of 10 hour days a week.

Learned to replace broken doors and windows, insulate attics and knee walls and seal bypasses among many other things.

The management was good not great however we did most things the way it had to be done. Some things could not have been done as good as we may have liked due to budgeting our finances.

Co-workers were mostly laid back and easy going. They were all about teamwork, understanding and patient.

Dealing with difficult work environments such as tight working areas along with invested spots in the household.

Not very stressful and laid back.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no overtime
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 14, 2018
This position was extremely rewarding. To meet and learn about many diverse school age children in a community. Having a position to be able to assist in their education and have a positive influence on their life.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJanuary 8, 2018
love the culture at chp, great people. one of the best places I have worked. everyone is helpful and caring. I enjoy the fact that I assist people with finding place to call home
Pros
great support system in place to help you achieve
Cons
nothing
Poorly excecuted company
Resident Services (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 12, 2018
I worked in Resident Services for some time and the idea of what this department does is awesome, however everything is poorly executed. It is a very cut throat atmosphere and the upline of supervisors are rude and condescending. I did not enjoy it at all.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Rude supervisors, not enough resources to help the residents, cut throat, no clear job duties
interesting, fun friendlyrd enviroment
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2017
always givesyou something to look forward to,
hardest part is schedule of shifts
very cultural
most management is effective and understanding
i have learned effectiveness, respect, logic and discipline
Pros
career expansion
Great Experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2016
I was hired here without any property management experience. This company is an excellent place to start. They worked hard to make sure we received the best training.
Pros
Training and Advancement Opportunity
Cons
Pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work, a family environment. Supervisor would demand his coffee every morning by screaming coffee down the hallway. I left because of this