Community Housing Partners Employee Reviews

Amazing
Payroll and Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAAugust 17, 2018
This company really knows how to serve others and keep the employees happy. I would gladly go back to this company and hope to when I move back to Virginia.
You must fit the mold and love hierarchy
Resident Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 22, 2018
The person I directly reported to was truly extraordinary, they were collaborative, creative, pushed me to be my best self as an employee and supported my visions. The culture of the company however, was very different, the language that was used within the company suggested that they were open, collaborative and creative, their actions showed otherwise. I realized early on that what to company is really looking for, are people who keep their heads down, agree with their managers, and don't make waves. They also have a "good 'ol boy" hierarchical structure, that says you MUST go through the "chain of commands" and you cannot speak to people above your pay grade. This is archaic. The culture was more about being a good cog in the system, opposed to creating new solutions and pushing the company forward. This is not the kind of environment I thrive in. If you like being a cog, than check out CHP, but if by nature, you need to innovate, create and find better solutions than I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Pros
You have the opportunity to work with incredible community members
Cons
They expect you to keep your head down and avoid making waves
Resient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 14, 2018
Fun work place, enjoyed co-workers and the culture. Assisted individuals reach life goals and aspire to better themselves. Worked closely with community agencies an support personnel.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Lack of direction
Poor management
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  VAApril 1, 2018
Property manager wanted to micro manage everything, but missed at least 3 days a month and was never at work on time. Wrote me up for doing a job she insisted I do but failed to tell upper management she told me to do it. There was inappropriate relationships between office staff and management. Property manager would tell you to do one thing, regional would tell you to do another and then corporate would come and tell you to do a whole different one. They would write one employee up for doing something and not say anything to others for doing the same thing or worse. One of the worst maintenence companies I have ever worked for.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits.
Cons
Poor management, lack of respect, management belittles employees
Community Housing Partners
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 14, 2018
This position was extremely rewarding. To meet and learn about many diverse school age children in a community. Having a position to be able to assist in their education and have a positive influence on their life.
Poorly excecuted company
Resident Services (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 12, 2018
I worked in Resident Services for some time and the idea of what this department does is awesome, however everything is poorly executed. It is a very cut throat atmosphere and the upline of supervisors are rude and condescending. I did not enjoy it at all.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Rude supervisors, not enough resources to help the residents, cut throat, no clear job duties
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJanuary 8, 2018
love the culture at chp, great people. one of the best places I have worked. everyone is helpful and caring. I enjoy the fact that I assist people with finding place to call home
Pros
great support system in place to help you achieve
Cons
nothing
Community Housing Partners
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work, a family environment. Supervisor would demand his coffee every morning by screaming coffee down the hallway. I left because of this
Chp
ADMINISTRATIVE OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2017
When I fist started at Community Housing Partners I enjoyed the work culture. It was when new management stepped in and things went left. I cant handle being micro managed.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
the work culture
Community Center
AmeriCorps Member (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 9, 2017
If working with residents of the community and providing education in the areas of volunteerism, stewardship and financially stability is what you are looking for then this will work for you.
now this is a class act company to work for
Senior and Multi-Family Housing (Former Employee) –  Berryville, VAJuly 8, 2017
I Only worked here for a year but I have to say everyone is so polite, must be a Virginia thing, and my RM was wonderful. He was always there to lend a hand, take a phone call, anything I needed he was there to help. You could email anyone at Corp and get a respince within 24 hours or at least, any ill get back to you when I can. They never left you hanging. 100% class act company to work for.
Pros
Very lenient if you had to take the day off
Cons
None!
No growth
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 11, 2017
It was not a good place to work. It was very stressful and there was no upward mobility. I would not recommend this company to anyone and I feel that the company did not do anything to help its employees.
Good organization with good employees but I was lied to.
Development Officer (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 27, 2017
The organization is a good organization with good people. However, I was told that they didn't expect any production from me for 3 years but then I was let go after 8 1/2 months. In addition, I was actually doing good work.
Pros
Good organization and good employees.
Cons
I was lied to.
Great overall help to better yourself
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 14, 2017
A typical day at work would be me being responsible enough to handle my daily job task. I learned the importance of safety. Management was great always willing to help. The workplace was different locations most of the time. The hardest part of the job was getting to the locations and most enjoyable part was the people I came to meet.
Pros
Rewards gifts
Cons
Distance
The Company
Resident Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2017
Community Housing Partners is a good company to work for. They have opportunities for advancement. They have great opportunities for training the hardest part of my position is the travel in traffic .
interesting, fun friendlyrd enviroment
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2017
always givesyou something to look forward to,
hardest part is schedule of shifts
very cultural
most management is effective and understanding
i have learned effectiveness, respect, logic and discipline
Pros
career expansion
Awesome place to grow
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAAugust 10, 2016
Great learning environment.
Room for upward mobility.
Values their employees.
Must be willing to drive to outer areas. Most jobs are located in small towns in very rural areas.
Great Experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2016
I was hired here without any property management experience. This company is an excellent place to start. They worked hard to make sure we received the best training.
Pros
Training and Advancement Opportunity
Cons
Pay
Positive Work Environment
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAMay 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping residents and renting apartments.
Deposits
Customer Service
State Reports
Enjoyable Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day at work includes completing and filing Hud, tax credit, section8 files, managing work orders, collecting, posting and depositing income in a timely manner, filing court documents in a timely manner. My co-workers are easy to get along with, helpful,and takes our job seriously. The hardest part of my job is getting tenants to turn in recertification documents in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people with low income acquire a nice apartment.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
healthcare