Community LIFE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
completed
RNCM (Current Employee) –  Homestead, PAAugust 2, 2018
expect changes in your plans for the day daily
enjoy working with good IDT, team members are respected.
team work is at the base of decision making, with some exceptions.
hardest part to keep up with large caseload, have to do a lot of documentation after hours to complete work.
most enjoyable part, long term relationship with ppts and families, making difference in their lives
Pros
make difference in life of elderly
Cons
long days
Fantastic Company Fantastic People
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bedford, PAAugust 1, 2018
I could not have asked for a better company to work for! What really makes the difference here are the people. It's like working with close family members who care about their job, participants and you. Everyone is helpful and friendly!
Pros
The people and work enviroment.
Cons
Participants when they pass away.
Great coworkers and team!
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, PAAugust 1, 2018
Community LIFE is by far one of the most rewarding and Best positions I have held. Director is always ready to answer any and all questions and the Comaony as a whole offer great incentives and I enjoy my Current Position at Community LIFE. One of the Best Employers I’ve had the honor to be affiliated with!
Pros
Pto
Great and fulfilling job
DIRECT SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Central Point, ORJuly 15, 2018
A good place to work, can be stressful when situationa becime eacalated hut when its calm it is a fun and nice place to work. Meet interesting and fun people as well.
Moved on
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2018
This is a great program for the elderly but not recommended for employment. There is a very high employment turnover due in part to management issues.
Pros
helping people
Cons
management
Fun place to work
Phlebotomist/Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAMay 28, 2018
Community Life provides oppurtunity to help the elderly community. Employees will find great oppurtunity to help the elderly community with daily activities.
Great new experience
Regional Community Life Supervisor, USA (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 6, 2018
Everyone covered down for one another I enjoyed caring for military families while their spouses were away. My problem solving skills were very useful during this time.
Pros
Great hours and benefits
Cons
Nasty quarters
Enjoyed working with them an notec that employees were important to them
Clinic/ Homecarr RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 20, 2017
It was a pleasant experience working with people who love their jobs. Administration always tried to work with personal and know if staff is happy then clients are happy
Pros
Multiple locations
Cons
Friendly people
Would not recommend!
PA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PANovember 2, 2017
This could be a very good job if the management didn’t suck. The aides are ALL overworked and severely underpaid. RUN! They make it sound good but when you get in the door it’s a completely different story. At this moment there are 39 people who receive homecare daily with only 15 aides. No incentives, heavy loads daily and lots of favoritism. They DO NOT care about the few hard workers they have, and you will not advance here.
Pros
Day center can be really fun.
Cons
Pay is terrible for what they expect
Garaeat
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDOctober 19, 2017
Smitty life was the great place to work out I love working there I got to know all the people that are support very well and I love working with the other staff members I will greatly support anyone trying to work there because it's a great establishment
Horrible place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2017
The leadership is horrible, they expect too much of their staff and LIFE programs in general are a bad idea. I would not recommend anybody working in the nursing field here
Cna
Home Health Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAOctober 20, 2016
Assist patient in their home at 7am with patient care and adl's, wait with patient while van came to pick patient up, report to the center, wait for patients to enter center and make them breakfast, clean off tables, participate in activities with patients, assist with patient adl's throughout the center if they needed help toileting, walking, or bathing, and eating meals.
Pros
loved the staff
Cons
death of patients
Very poor leadership! managers are designated but not developed
marketing (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2016
This organization does amazing things for the elderly " more for some than others" but good things none the less! Direct care workers show real compassion for the participants. Employees are treated very poorly by management, no matter how good you are at your job. Everyone is in constant fear for their position which causes very low morale.
Pros
ability to make a difference in lives of individuals who really need it
Cons
poor management
Be prepared because you could get the axe next
Enrollment and Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2016
No two days are alike, my first Supervisor was fantastic but upper management is horrible and not to be trusted; elders are treated well but employees are not -- this company is a wolf in sheep's clothing. People are fired routinely. Rather than working on issues and addressing problems, people are fired, from all levels of the agency. Morale is low because no one knows who is going to get the axe next. On the other hand, a more enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the elders and activities does a wonderful job of hosting large events for this to happen, such as carnivals, proms, petting zoos, etc.
Pros
Coworkers care
Cons
Management doesn't
Great workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2016
The work load is well balanced and my coworkers are great. I the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the clients. I have great and understanding bosses.
Great benefits, Room to grow!
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2016
I've been with Community LIFE for 5 years and it is a company you can feel good about working for. Everyday you know you are helping frail elders to remain independent. The company offers more paid time off than anywhere else I've ever worked, great hours, and many employee appreciation perks. Employees who do well have the opportunity for advancement within the company, and tuition reimbursement is offered as well.
Pros
Benefits, hours, managers
Wonderful Place to Work!
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, PAJanuary 1, 2016
Community LIFE is a very special place to work. It is one of the few place where you can feel that what you do makes a real difference in the life of people. The management are fair and they do their best. Sometimes co-workers can be a challenge especially when they don't think of the big picture. But everyone cares about the elderly and wants to do the best for them. They do lots of things to encourage us, like picnics and bonus.
Pros
Making a real difference
Cons
None worth mentioning
Nice environment
DIRECTOR OF NURSING SERVICE (Former Employee) –  PittsburghOctober 5, 2015
Excellent program for seniors, direct care staff are dedicated, reimbursement and benefits are good.
Staff appreciation is done on a regular basis
Pros
Locations
Cons
on call hours
Clean environment and safety was tops.
Participant Assistant /Home Care (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAFebruary 10, 2015
I was happy working at Community Life mainly for the wonderful participants that were enrolled in program. Many things were under strong rules. Employees were afraid to give opinions or to make suggestions.Lack of communication among managers and staff. No motivation incentives. Too many clicks and gossip.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
could not recommend points of views.No incentives, co-workers not team players
everyday was like working with my sisters. a big happy family. i miss them
Bus/Van driver (Former Employee) –  Tarentum, PAOctober 4, 2014
each morning we had our meeting to hear updates about participants. someone always brought cookies or doughnuts. sometimes we would have to gas up before the day and meet up there. we had two men working as drivers along side of 9 girls. the hardest part was when a participant would pass away. sometimes we would meet up after work for dinner. Great place to work!
Pros
free lunch, good benefits, awesome supervisor
Cons
sometimes no time for lunch or short lunch, parking was assigned