Community Living, Inc. Employee Reviews

caring place to work
Direct Supprt Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 11, 2017
good place to work, caring,devoted people, happy individuals you work around, opportunity for advancement within the company. everyone treated fairly and given the same amount of respect
High Expectations
Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOOctober 29, 2017
A typical day at work is very stressful.

I have learned that when a small company (with the best of intentions) takes on more clients than it is prepared to, the quality of the services being provided decreases. Also, the workload on staff increases as does staff turnover.

The upper management has expectations that are very high if not unrealistic.

Staff members get along well and work together as a team to do the best that they can.

The hardest part of the job is that new "job responsibilities" are frequently added to the position requirements even though meeting the previous responsibilities is very difficult.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the pure satisfaction of supporting the individuals that we serve and knowing that you are making a positive difference in their lives.
Horrible pay for crazy hard work
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOOctober 17, 2015
They do not value their employees. They can't hold any workers because the pay is comical. No raises. The benefits are ridiculous.
Pros
the clients
Cons
a lot
Community living
Weekend lead RA (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 29, 2017
Community living cares for its staff and clients. It pays a living wage and provides benefits for its employees. It has long work schedule hours but they also come with some balanced incentives.
Community Living Inc
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOJune 13, 2017
Management is great! The key to a successful work environment is open communication. The clients at Community Living Inc become family and the most enjoyable part of the job is that you are able to go home knowing that you made a small impact on someone's life that day. Community Living Inc is a great place to work and they train their staff on everything they need to know.
Pros
Can transfer inside of company.
Hard work but rewarding
Contract Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 23, 2017
There isn't a day that's the same. It is possible to have one day that's for paperwork, but the next day could be totally stressful with issues that streamline back to you and it doesn't matter if you can't figure it out; that's not an option. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Doesn't balance with family life, very stressful at times
Good Job
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MONovember 29, 2017
ThIs is a good job starting out. The people care about the clients. There is room for advancement quickly.
Pros
Quick advancement
Cons
Difficult to balance work and home life when youre a manager.
Good Company To Work For
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MONovember 21, 2017
They are a good company to leave for , the clients are our man focus and we build bonds with one another. I have bond with my clients and co-workers. Its chill and they are flexible with your schedule.
Negative work place and negative management
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Angola, INOctober 24, 2017
There were certain things that are just regular things I did but the company did not tell me and I lost respect for the company. I made a couple med errors and they wouldn't tell me what the error was. Found out from another coworker that they were just vitamins no serious prescription meds. I didn't like going to work because I sit down doing pretty much nothing and I never felt engaged with other employees or the individuals. I didn't feel like was advancing in anyway so became tired of it.
Pros
Could get as many hours as I wanted
Cons
I just sat around all day and didn't get to do much but pass medications and help with food
Management was horrid
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOOctober 15, 2017
I worked 60 hours a week from the time I started to the time I left and always by myself with 4 clients that were all one on one. The house manager was never and there and when she did show up she was drunk.
Great job for caring people.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Angola, INSeptember 1, 2017
I worked there for three years part time and met a lot of great people. I worked with clients with developmental disabilities and helped them with day to day living and meeting their daily goals.
Nasty unprofessional horrible place to work needs to be shut down
Support Stafg (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOApril 20, 2017
close the company down horrible place i feel sorry for the clients especially at westminister i feel zorry for the clients shut the entire company down to much abuse and neglect im.reporting it to dmh very soon
Pros
Umlimited over time is the only good thing
Good honest people and a good honest company
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 22, 2015
CLI was a really good job to get me started, it was good money, good people, and you could learn just about anything in the medical background

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Living, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.