Community Maternity Services Employee Reviews

Struggle Bus
Case worker (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 28, 2018
Over worked, underpaid and always understaffed. As long as I have been here the program has been understaffed. Higher ups are terrible to work for. My supervisor has been good. They will always make it difficult for you to take time off because they need the staffing
Pros
Slightly flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours and emotionally draining work
Work in a multidisciplinary team that is fast paced. Very rewarding job
Prevention Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 30, 2018
I would give this job a 9 out 10. I have gained a lot of experience and knowledge through this position. Weekly supervision is also offered and is very supportive in addressing case related concerns.
Family and individual oriented
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake George, NYJune 9, 2017
Very flexible and understanding for personal situations. Family care is very important to them. My supervisor is very caring, honest, and upfront. If I have questions or struggles my coworkers or supervisor provide the aid needed. When a crisis arises, I'm not left hanging trying to figure out what I am going to do. The job is pretty cut and dry with plenty of room for building experience. Great community networking and assistance. I've found them to be very accommodating!
Pros
paid training, continued education, on site support, great office moral
Cons
finding your own personal balance
Busy
Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Schoharie, NYMay 2, 2017
I loved this job it was great being in out in the field meeting new people making connections in the community to help families that are in need of support services.
Pros
staff
Cons
driving
Residential group home setting for at-risk teen moms
Evening Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 23, 2017
A typical day in this job requires you to be physically capable, mentally solid and emotionally calm. Dealing with teens on an average day is somewhat taxing; dealing with teens who have given birth and have to parent children is an entirely different game altogether.
I have learned in this job that you have to maintain your cool; you cannot take things personally. You realize rather quickly what your strengths and weaknesses are.
The hardest part of this job is keeping the peace between the teens and teaching them to parent when they themselves come from such harsh backgrounds. They were never parented - what makes us think they can be capable of parenting?
The most enjoyable part of the job is playing with the babies! That is an amazing job perk.
Pros
Meals are free
Cons
Inconsistent breaks, difficulty taking time off
Excellent
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12203February 24, 2017
Great staff that provided an excellent learning environment for moms to be and new moms and their babies. The community living also provided a an excellent home environment for the cliental.
Cms
N/A (Former Employee) –  AlbanyApril 11, 2015
Like most not for profit agencies CMS pays little. Depedning on the redisential setting the supervisior can be very poor. The agency as a whole is under staffed creating for a high intensity work setting.
Pros
work flexibility depending on position
Cons
no promise of breaks
Interesting and fulfilling work.
Case Manager/ Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Granville, NYAugust 4, 2014
Counseled pregnant teenagers and teen mothers and helped them enroll in appropriate programs.
Educated teen mothers on child care.
Explained stages of pregnancy to pregnant teens.
Provided transportation to various appointments.
Great work place
Chil Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 18, 2014
Arrive for overnight shift get briefed by current staff about clients.I cant say there Is a hard part if the job is done right, The Best part are the smiles you when a child feels safe.
Benefits
Cons
no overtime
fun enjoyable job with many diffences
Caseworker/Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYAugust 10, 2012
exciting fun flled days. Different people on any different days. Working with other rescorses. Make daily appointments. Handle any emergency first. homeless, Family court, out of food are a few, Allways an open dor policy. If it wasn't my supervisor there were three other to call at all times. Woked side by side with other case workers helping each other when needed. When you can't help them and rescorces have run out. Helping them learn how to manage there life and childrens educatation.
Pros
working with other agency's, seeing my hard work show, earnning respect you from your clients very quickly
Cons
hard decisions of what you are going to do with a case