Community Medical Center Employee Reviews

Love it! Challenging, demanding, rewarding
Trauma/Emergency Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PA 18510June 19, 2018
As an Emergency Nurse I can say that this was the single best job I ever had. Outstanding ED leadership, collaborative team, variety of patients, trauma center with exceptional trauma team. Work was extremely demanding but if you love what you do, this is where to do it.
Pros
Loved the job
Cons
No time to break or lunch
For a small Community Hospital it has high standards
Surgery Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 10, 2018
Full time Peri- Op Educator
Large break room for staff
Not enough staff to cover in-services and in- house ed. classes
close to commute in Ocean County, NJ
Has 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts.
Do not question management, but at least you have labor laws in NJ to protect you.
Pros
Competitive salaries, varied shifts, part of a large healthcare affiliate merge system
Cons
Frequent management change and inconsistency, favors Filipino Nurses
worked with your family schedule
Part time Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 8, 2018
it was a fun yet sometimes busy place to work. but the Director of Pharmacy was understanding to the family needs. She was a mother and knows what it was like to work and take care of young children.
Busy
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 6, 2018
This is a very high paced place to work. There are some great people that work there. The best part of my job is the customers. The hardest part of my job is there is a lot to do and not enough time to get it all done.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Have to pay for your lunches with a small discount
Very Busy Place
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 4, 2018
You will be working and they will maximize on your blood, sweat, and tears. Not a place for those who seek downtime! No way to sugar coat how busy you will be.
Great Company
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 3, 2018
I have worked for the hospital for over twelve years. I have grown so much and it allowed mw to go to school to further my career in the medical field. they are supportive of anyone who wants to go to school and offer tuition reimbursement.
E.R
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  san angelo txMay 29, 2018
The E.R is very busy, but as the registrar the job is pretty easy. I've learned a great deal about different insurances and have become familiar with medical terminology.
Pros
the days go by fast
Cons
no lunch breaks
Most enjoyable place to work
Lead Rehab Therapist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 19, 2018
I enjoyed my 14 years at Community and will sad to see it close. Great teamwork with a multidisciplinary team. Diverse programming and was in the process of growing new programs. Very proud to be a primary therapist in the only Postpartum inpatient unit in the West Coast.
Pros
Teamwork, collaborative
Cons
changing owners
Excellent coworkers, but very poor management
Patient Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 14, 2018
The people are very hard working and fun to work with, but management is lacking. My supervisor was very inconsistent and everyone in the department walked on eggshells when she was around.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
poor management
Do not recommend
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lucedale, MSMay 14, 2018
Rude staff and management.. they talk badly about you when your not working. Not helpful when you have questions about your job duties or how to use the computer systems.
Company is ok
Medical Receptionist Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 9, 2018
No comment is better than a bad comment, place is not a bad place to work at even though the job is very hectic at times. The place is very old and needs cosmetic something.
unfair, favoritism
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 9, 2018
lots of favoritism. A women said she wanted my hour because she was part-time and I was full.
next thing i know she has a complaint against me for yelling at her .she said i was waiving my arms around. excuse me I'm Italian and talk with my hands. I never yelled at her and her witness was not there but at lunch. I had witnesses state that the woman was at lunch with them, but nobody interviewed them
Pros
worked with some great people at night.
Cons
unfortunately not everyone is nice.
Used to be ok
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 2, 2018
When I started deveral years ago it was a nice place to work. Nowits just 'work more, work harder, do more......." It is depressing and the pay doesnt get better they ask you to take your time off.
Good working environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 1, 2018
It is a great place to work. The people are great to get along with and are willing to provide anyone with an assistant when required. It is very busy but if you don't mind hard work it will pay off.
Good environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 10, 2018
I always felt that my managers and coworkers cared about me not only as a coworker but as a friend as well. Everyone in the hospital was very friendly.
Great Experience overall
RN- Unit Based Staff Educator (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 11, 2018
Worked at CMC for 17+ yrs. Starting on a 10:30a - 7pm shift in Labor and Delivery and changing over the years from 3-11, 7-3, voluntary on call night shift and 8 - 4;30 as the Unit Nurse Educator. My experiences at this facility were extensive, ranging from triage monitoring/ testing discharge and admission of low risk labor and delivery patients as well as extremely high risk labor and delivery patients. Assisted in several hundred deliveries. I performed OR scrub nurse duties that would include scheduled as well as emergency Cesarean Section deliveries, and rarely emergent hysterectomy. My duties over the years included precepting new nurses, skills validation for staff members, development and evaluation of New Employee Orientation program, education and instruction of new central monitoring systems for all staff.Worked closely with unit manager(s), physicians and other members of the health care team (respiratory therapy, anesthesia, NICU, nursery, maternity) departments. Participated in Unit Quality Improvement, and hospital wide Quality Improvement, Patient Advisory, and Policy and Procedure Committees. The unit staff ancillary employees and physicians trusted each other and worked well together on all shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing a life changing event in the lives of my patients even when the outcome was not favorable.
Pros
Improving the education of Staff Nurses, Experiencing the life changing event of childbirth with families
Cons
up to 16 hr days, working weekends, missing family events, holidays, multiple mgmt changes
ok
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMarch 10, 2018
Great team work. Understaffed, incredibly busy. Management and administration don't care nor understand. They are about profits. learn a lot and work staff makes up for chaos
Fast Pace Hospital with opportunities to advance
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 28, 2018
A fast paced job with areas to advance. Community medical center has taught me a lot in order to further my career as a Nurse. It is very enjoyable to help patients who come to this hospital.
Fast paced work environment that challenged my skills.
Post Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 27, 2018
On average I would care for 6 patients. I learned a lot about recovery of OB patients, a new experience for me. The core staff was extremely supportive and helpful. The nurse manager was also supportive and allowed us to self manage. The hardest part of the job was the call shifts but that has been resolved. I enjoyed my coworkers a great deal.
Pros
plenty of time for continuing education
Cons
Continued to rely on nurses for transport of patients even with overflow.
Fast paced work place
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 27, 2018
You have to be willing to work and do the job right at all times. Some days are more trying than others and some days are more hectic and more fast paced than others.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Not always enough help