Community Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

I worked part time and took call right out of school. The people are great.
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILApril 20, 2018
It has been such a long time since I worked for Community Memorial that I cannot comment regarding currant employment conditions. The management has changed and no one works there that I worked with.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Did not have full time hours/call
Nice place to work
Sr Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIApril 19, 2018
Good group of people with a good director. I was just transferred to Froedtert Hospital into a position that does not fit my skill set. My director had no idea it was happening, Was very happy at Community Memorial. My position at Froedtert is different I want be able to use my skills in MS Access and SQL Server like I enjoy,
Pros
Nice environment and people
Cons
Was transferred because of my skills to Froedtert
Poor management
In-Room Dining Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIApril 4, 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere at Community Memorial Hospital. I loved being able to talk with patients and make them feel more comfortable. I was always willing to help them with their meals if they needed it. I learned more personal skills such as empathy. The management was very poor. I'd like to consider myself a hard worker and team player but was not treated as such. EXAMPLE: I was threatened to be fired when I sprained my ankle because I was unable to work. I enjoyed the patients and atmosphere most.
Respected name and involved company
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Cloquet, MNApril 1, 2018
This job is absolutely dirty and hard work. However I enjoy the steady challenge of each days workload and the self satisfaction I always leave with knowing all achieved.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Missed breaks, 6 day weeks
Per Diem and On Call work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 30, 2018
Enjoyed working within the hospital setting and enjoyed the pace and duties associated with my positions. Caring and professional group made me proud to work for our "Community" hospital.
i dont mind working but at times i feel that things need more control
Wisconsin-Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 18, 2018
There is No follow though on anything it is told what should be done and how but that,s where it stops. along with no control of employee,s the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my supervisor work just as hard along side her employees.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
Hires lots of young people with no work ethics
Loved working here
Registered Nurse III (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 8, 2018
Best place I've worked. Enjoyed staff, education, management and my job. I miss this position.Team players, busy, fast pace but relaxed at times as well.
Enjoyed working at CMH
IT Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oconto Falls, WIMarch 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at CMH and learned a lot from my Information Services team. I am very glad my team members were very patient with me learning all the new systems. I thought my immediate supervisor was great.
I wish they actually cared about their employees
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 23, 2018
I really enjoy all the employees and my coworkers at CMH, but after working there for several years as a on-call employee I have come to realize that the management and department head of my area do not care about their employees. I have helped them out a lot and even had bad experiences where they would not let me have time off for my spouses family members funeral. I am very upset about the management and was hoping for more from this place. The job is easy and other departments seem way better so I'm hoping to transfer. On top of the management not caring about their employees they also have terrible communication which makes getting the job done harder than it should be. The cafe manager is another story all together I have expressed to the department head about the numerous customer complaints about him and also how he makes me feel uncomfortable in the work place yet still nothing has been done. Again as a whole I do not dislike working at CMH it is just a review of my department that needs to be fixed. Our turn over rate is ridiculous for example they hired someone just 2 weeks ago and have already fired him as well as another person who had been there for 2 months without hiring any replacements. I hope something will be done about the department because overall CMH is not a bad place to work.
Pros
$35 to spend for food, discounts, friendly coworkers and employees
Cons
once you are on-call they won't change it for almost 5 years, management
Great coworkers
Travel Registered Nurse, PACU (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Time at CMH was positive. My co-workers and team was great. Collaboration and work environment was faced paced but work flow was smooth. Their computer charting is challenging. Quirks within the system make it ripe for computer errors that land always on the RN.
Productive and good environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burke, SDFebruary 17, 2018
Productive and good environment to work and the coworkers are all great!! You get to learn new things everyday. Everyone is efficient, quick, and friendly.
Pros
Working with great co workers
Will Not Recommend
nurse (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Worst manager I have ever had in my 15+ years in nursing. She had no respect for the nurses and nursing assistants that worked in her department. Would constantly embarrass and reprimand you in front of others at the nursing station. Ortho Floor was the worst unit to work in!
Fast paced place to work
CNA on the Medical/Surgical Floor (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 16, 2018
I have learned a lot as a PCA at Community Memorial Hospital, I am looking to advance to a Critical Care Technician and that position isn't an option on my floor.
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
lack of promotion
Something different everyday
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CADecember 20, 2017
First thing is check to see if there are any jobs available. If jobs are available they need to be completed. Most jobs are transporting a patient from one place to another.
Geat benefits
Sterile Processing Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WINovember 12, 2017
Hours are great and works with my personal life. Great benefits. Very flexible when it comes to needing time off and atmosphere for the most part is pretty friendly.
A friendly and warm environment place for working.
DISPATCH CLERK/ HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WINovember 2, 2017
A very friendly environment, Nice people to work around. They provide different type of fun things employers can participate within the company. The goes by when you busy and working together as a team and with other departments. The manger keep us inform with everything that goes on and update us with new coming events or job assignments.

We also have parties and celebration when the company has done well within that year. In House keeping, I have learned to use properly cleaning solutions.
In my current job, I have learned the different type of equipment use within the hospital.
Pros
Able to use our badge to eat lunch in case you forget your lunch or may not have cash that day.
Cons
Short breaks.
take your time with patent care
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAOctober 17, 2017
It is a great feeling to draw hard-stick patients the first time. Drawing blood is a very rewarding position for those who intend to pursue a medical career.
Pros
patient care
Cons
management making rules with no employee input
cashier window (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAOctober 4, 2017
review work, rebill claims to Gold coast on denials received, also helped with phone calls and applied payments to account. Reviewed accounts and took proper adjustments.
Worked alone on weekends
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NYSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working independently yet did need guidance from managment on new policy and procedure that was not communicated to weekend shift. Have lots of time when the ER is slow, and no time to breathe when its busy.
Great Place to work
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 19, 2017
CMH is a great community hospital. Caring nurses and physicians provide excellent care. The Emergency Dept is busy and constant. There is an Urgent Care or Fast Tract are that provides immediate care for less serious injuries , headaches, ear pain or minor cuts.. The staff in the ED are great