Community Mental Health Center, Inc. Employee Reviews

There is a reason most of us have been here for 10 plus years!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  LawrenceburgAugust 26, 2018
I have worked at CMHC for many years. I have worked within several position here and have continued to advance and grow with the agency. My salary has increased as I continued to advance and is very competitive within our state. I make my own schedule, have great support, love my coworkers, and feel I am constantly growing and learning. Yes, there is productivity standards....this is so we can keep our doors open and be able to serve our communities. Simple business 101. Yes, there is a lot of paperwork...this is so we can cover and justify our supports and make sure STAFF and families are safe and most of is is required by federal or state government. Most of the staff have been here for years. My team are friends inside and outside of the office and very supportive of each other. My program works hard to show staff how much we appreciate staff and families. This is a rewarding career by helping so many individuals dealing with substance abuse, mental illness, etc. This is a creative career where you get to think outside the box to help your families become successful. This is a flexible career that allows you to meet your personal, educational, and work needs all in one! They support educational advancements with tuition support and intern support. This is local, and a agency that will give you what you give them....support and hard work and compassion.
Pros
coworkers, trainings, flexible, advancements, helping others
Fast, Fun, Hard, Educational!
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Brookville, INAugust 26, 2018
I worked as a homemaker at CMHC for 1.5 years. It was a great place to get my "feet wet" and learn more about the field and help me decide what I wanted to do. I wasnt finished with my degree, but they still hired me to assist with supervised visits and learn more about the field. My boss was great! She was always doing things to make all of us feel less stress, to let us know she valued us, and to just put a smile on our face. She was too busy at times, but she was always available even at night time or weekends when I had questions. The staff are really close and are friends outside the office, but was realing welcoming to me. I learned just as much from them as I did from my supervisor. I hated all the paperwork, but I wasnt used to that and now I realize that is going to be every where now that I am staying in this field. I hated going into some of the homes due to bedbugs, and hate that the office and myself had to deal with bed bugs with little support. I worked two 10 hour days a week, had good support when I needed it but no one was constantly breathing down my neck. The bed bugs was a problem for me and help me decide what I wanted to do with my educational degree and my professional goals.
Pros
coworkers, support staff, hours, supervisor, location, working from home
Cons
client homes with bed bugs-grossed me out
I learned so much here
Case Manager ifs (Former Employee) –  CmhcAugust 25, 2018
I worked here for 2 years. It was my first job in the field and I feel I learned so much! I hope to come back here once I get some traveling off my bucket list. Things I loved: my coworkers!!!, the flexibility, making my own schedule, working with the younger children, I liked working in the schools, my boss was very encouraging and supportive, I loved our retreats, and the progress I would see in the little ones!!! Things that I disliked: the pay was low for being a college graduate and TONS of paperwork. The deadlines can be stressful too. Not a lot of funds to purchase supplies for our sessions either. Overall, I plan to come back. I loved my office, coworkers, and I did what I wanted to do in this field and why I majored in social work. Yes there was stress, but my boss really worked hard to help us with that and even would encourage PTO days for self care. This is a hard field but why I want to continue to help out little ones!!
Pros
Coworkers, flexibility, supervisor, helping others
Cons
Pay
Poor work environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 16, 2018
Very poor management, lack of collaboration, poor communication, lack of appropriate values and morals displayes throughout work environment, lack of support
Intensive Family Services Supervisor is AWFUL
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  lawrenceburg indianaMay 14, 2018
The case managers at IFS CMHC are amazing.
The supervisor is scatterbrained and drama inducing.
The supervisor is a text book narcissist. (repeatedly bragging about her IQ score to someone with a higher IQ score who never bragged LOL)
The old supervisor still works there and is the only reason anyone knows what to do with the computer system.
The cleaning lady and front desk girls are amazing.
If you decide to work here ask for formal training or you will get fired for not knowing how to work the computer system. Do not let the supervisor train you!!!!
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
no idea how the supervisor is allowed to even work in this field.
Awful
Residential Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INMay 13, 2018
You have to be comfortable with all sorts of people. The company has very poor management, a lack of professionalism. Coworkers caused problems for other coworkers, acting in childish ways. Employees were punished for actions of clients.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Too many to count
Great kids to work with, great co workers, poor management, inability to take time off
Case manager (Former Employee) –  batesvilleMarch 15, 2018
Working with the kids and families is very rewarding. Company pushes productivity in order to make money which makes taking a vacation almost impossible even though you do get a lot of vacation days. Management pushes making that dollar not client care although other staff are great and do care for the clients.
Pros
insurance, co workers, working with clients
Cons
productivity, management, double standards, family/home life, working overtime with no extra pay
Must be comfortable with all types of people.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJanuary 9, 2018
Start your day with emails and finishing paperwork from the day before. Then you call parents/caregivers, teachers,doctors and other providers. Then you visit with the clients & deal with daily crisis. Check in with the manager when you can. Weekly supervision with supervisor. Hardest part part of the job is learning you cant help everyone and people will not like you. The best part of the job is when the families are grateful for your service and actually change.
Terrible place to work
Social Work (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INAugust 16, 2017
Was interviewed and hired, only to be met with hostility from coworkers. My supervisor's relationship with coworker was unprofessional and resulted in my having to leave the company. Small town gossip, unprofessional attitudes, and a generally hostile work environment.
Was a positive environment to work.
Mental Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJune 15, 2017
You are not able to advance to a higher level in the company unless you are willing to relocate to a new city or state. The company did not want to invest in the employees
Job required lots of social interactions with families, providers, and co-workers. Struggles are the lack of guidance and support from Management.
Wraparound Resource Facilitator/Earlychild (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 13, 2013
I have learned how to interact and work with different people from different cultures, with different values, beliefs, and ways of interacting. I have learned how to manage child and family teams. I have develop positive profession relationships with co-workers. Hardest part of the job is working with Child Services cases and families involved with child services.
The post enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist families in improving functioning and being apart of there progress.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
hours a month required to have face-to-face time with families