Community Options, Inc. Employee Reviews

lack of supportive personnel
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2018
they seem to hire anyone offof the street or craigslist. No regards for hard working employees and nurses. Claim to serve the developmentally disabled with dignity instead they provide little to no mental stimulation for the consumers they serve
Pros
Cons
no breaks and drama filled environment
Do too much
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 15, 2018
For a little pay they want a lot out of you some people work some don’t company wants you to do a lot for alittle bit of pay it could be very stressful.
Direct Care
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 10, 2018
I worked here a year and the changes I have seen the last 3 months are dramatic. They hired a new Executive direct and he has brought a lot of positive changes.
Pros
The new Executive Director has been fair and we have noticed a huge improvement.
Cons
I had to resign due to personal health issues. Wish the pay was better.
Dsp
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, WVAugust 9, 2018
I loved my client, however, it was poor management. No pay raises until the state law required it. Supervisors were not friendly; thought they knew it all. Would sometimes accuse you of things you were not guilty of.
Pros
liked my client: good health insurance
Cons
bad management, cut throats
Enjoyed working for this company
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2018
Community Options has been a great place to work for me, I get along with all staff and individuals and I enjoy helping the people that aren’t able to help themselves fully
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Communication
Laid back workplace
Directional support staff (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 7, 2018
Extremely relaxed workplace most people are fun to work with. However some clients can be dangerous and not enough training is given. There is also very little to no room for advancement. Management plays favorites.
Cons
No breaks at all
Poor work environment
Group Home Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAJuly 29, 2018
Not a great experience. Very challenging clients and front line staff are not provided with a programmatic structure. High turnover rate of staff including attrition.
July 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience. As an organization, we strive to provide top notch services for our individuals. As a rapidly growing, nation-wide organization, continuing to improve our programs is a top priority so we greatly appreciate your feedback.

Unorganized and work culture lacks positive teamwork
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Burlington County, NJJuly 26, 2018
The individuals supported are not the issue, it's the staff that work in the group homes. Attention to the basic care of the residents served are not met and staff lack the desire to treat the residents like they would like to be treated themselves. Management is not effective and does not take the initiative to address concerns and problem solve, thus creating an unsettling work environment.
Very Stressful
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 25, 2018
This place was aweful and they did not have the clients well being in mind. They were treated poorly. People were stealing and it was very stressful place to work. Overworked and under payed. Need more training for employees on how to take care of disabled clients and how to protect yourself from being injured by clients.
Pros
Working with clients
July 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. As an organization, we pride ourselves on the quality of care and the treatment of our individuals. As a rapidly growing, non-profit organization, continuing to improve our training efforts is a top priority so we really appreciate your feedback. We encourage all of our employees to discuss training opportunities, as well as safety concerns with their direct supervisors. The National HR Department is another great support system that our staff can utilize. The HR phone number is: 609-951-9900.

Horrible
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 24, 2018
They are very unprofessional and make up rules as they go. They add days so that you won't get paid over time. DO NOT WORK HERE. You will completely regret it.
Stressful, promises made and never kept
Program Manager, (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 11, 2018
Work environment was alright with interactions with the staff that I was responsible for, however upper management had vacancy in key positions and interim staff made situations very stress full.
Pros
providing supports for the individuls we served.
Cons
not enough staff to properly provide supports
Commuity options
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 10, 2018
I love my job and working with staff and clients eveyone comings in on time our house is very clean food always in the house staff works with each other
Fun workplace
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 10, 2018
I feel that community options did a great job not making the house feel like a group home for the clients but a family and a well structured one at that. What a great place to work
July 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are very proud of the dedication of our Direct Support Professionals. Supporting the individuals we serve is very rewarding and we are thrilled to hear that there is a "family-like" structure that contributes to a positive experience for everyone.

Great place
Direct Staff Professional/House Lead (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 9, 2018
I worked at the Bowling Green Ky location. My immediate manager was great. He had passion for the workers and clients. Its a laid back atmosphere where you are helping others have a successful life. Our clients depend on us to make their lives better. They worked with scheduling demands and were always helpful to personal situations. No job is perfect but if you like helping others it is a rewarding career.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Ling hours
Do Not Work Here
DSP (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2018
Horrible place to work. Upper management ineffective and elitist. Coworkers not helpful and downright rude and vindictive. No support from management or coworkers. No real advancement opportunities.
Pros
Individuals
Cons
Everything else
August 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are sorry that you were not able to find the advancement you hoped for. We would like to mention that although your location may have been fully staffed, we are always hiring throughout our 50+ regions in 11 states so there is always room for advancement. Please be sure to consistently check out job postings so you do not miss an opportunity to grow with us. You can find all open positions at: www.comop.org/careers.

Additionally, we take pride in hiring effective management for all of our regions. If there are ever any concerns regarding management or communication, please contact the National HR department at: 609-951-9900 so that it can be addressed accordingly. We appreciate your feedback.

Great Company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2018
Community Options is a great company! I enjoyed working there. The staff and the patients were nice and the environment was very inviting. The pay was not bad either.
It was great working with the residents. Management was okay but great work place for someone with the passion to help others
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Forked River, NJJune 21, 2018
It was great working with all the residents and getting to know them on a personal level. The hours where good management was okay the best part of the job was the residents they were amazing people and I enjoyed helping and working with them.
August 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are delighted to hear about your positive experience and are very proud of the dedication and work ethic of our DSPs, who play a crucial role in the individuals' lives. Additionally, we pride ourselves on our flexibility so we are happy to hear you could benefit from the work hours. Thank you for your feedback!

productive and fun
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 14, 2018
working with people with disabilities is fun I do enjoy my work environment at their various homes and with in the community I do get paid raise according to the individual or site that I work with or on,I have work with community options for over about 3 years and love it I enjoy picking up shifts and working overtimes I will definitely miss community options I have to leave because I'm relocating to a different state.
Pros
work free and peacful enviroment
Cons
short hours shirfts on week days
Community Options
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 1, 2018
Good Managers but unrealistic expectations from Corporate office. Can be a pleasant place to work. Needs caring staff who aren't afraid to attend to individuals with behaviors and personal hygiene needs.
Pros
Little direct supervision, not an ordinary job
Cons
Managers are overworked and consequently not as supportive as they should be.
Unethical and hostile work environment
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 27, 2018
Expect no training or support when starting your new job. Expect to be put in situations where you're putting your career at risk. The company claims to be non-profit but the only thing they care about is money, clients are simply a means to that money. Clients are not treated with dignity or respect. Living conditions are appalling.
Pros
the clients
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Options, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight