Community Physical Therapy & Associates

Community Physical Therapy & Associates Employee Reviews

Great Learning Environment
Director of Rehabilitation, CPT (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 3, 2018
Lots of peer to peer education as well as leadership courses. Opportunities to take online courses and CPR courses on site. ACP classes as well. Great team and unmatched management.
People work well together
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 14, 2018
Good staff to work with. Management does their best. Smaller company. I am prn but have plenty of work to do. SNF work is rewarding but patients are challenging both physically and mentally.
Growing Skilled Nursing Therapy Company
Speech-Language Pathologist - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Franklin Grove, ILMarch 26, 2018
Great short-term job. I needed an interim job for 1 month between a short-term and long term contract. I had to travel more than 2 hours each way, but they agreed to pay my wage for one-way each day for the duration of the short-term contract.
Good place to work!
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJanuary 10, 2018
Lots of flexibility with schedule, fast paced, great team to work with and enjoyable patients. Very helpful staff upon orientation and beautiful facility to work in.
Pros
free staff lunches, good team support
Family owned business
PTA (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at CPT,I would go to various places from home health to SNF facilities. No 2 days were alike. High level of multi tasking, a lot of driving flexibility were a must.
Pros
Meeting great patients and working with very knowledgeable, skilled therapists.
Cons
No cons
Bad ethics and poor communication
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Grove, ILDecember 9, 2017
This company is unethical and expects minutes over good treatment. Also unwilling to spend money for the patients to get proper equipment. Management is very poor at communication and points fingers more than help each other’s departments. Good therapy staff and good facilities but terrible management.
Friendly and Supportive
Physical Therapy Aide/Administrative (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYSeptember 19, 2017
We care about our patients and their well-bring. We try to make your recovery as smooth a possible. We are very supportive. We take stride in what we do. We have the best team to get you better.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No lunch break
Initially a good company but values have changed for the worse
home health physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 8, 2017
I was with company for 9 years. I was initially impressed with the ongoing education the company provided to all employees and the company very ethical and valued quality care. My direct manager was supportive and always accessible by phone. Fast forward 9 years and the company no longer provides education to employees. The office staff works hard but it is very unorganized. There are unethical therapists within the company that produce a lot of money for the company and are allowed to continue to work there (ie. 5 minute patient visits). The company's values have decreased, demands on employees have increased and office staff is very unorganized. I left the company due to the unethical behavior that was allowed and the increased demands as a therapist without being properly compensated.
Pros
manger was very good
Cons
unethical, unorganized, no staff continuing ed offered
Productive workplace
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILMarch 7, 2017
Great atmosphere.
I've learned to work with different personalities and behaviors.
The hardest part of my job is watching patients lose all hope.
The most enjoyable part of my job is watching my patients succeed.
Pros
Not enough hours
Cons
Good pay
Contract Agency with many qualified therapists.
Licensed PTA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2016
General SNF contract agency. Providing needed skilled therapy services..

general caseloads; ortho, neuro, pulmonary,

I like treating patients one to one. I was not assigned any one p.t., this was different for me. It was hard to get answers/supervision.
I am mostly good on my own and very good with time mgt too. but, when I have question re patient's goals, I like to be able to reach evaluating therapist.
Pros
Some great people working for them.
Cons
Supervision of sites too detached from overall company monitoring, /leading to much unfair politics unbeknownst to higher u
No Compensation increases since hired
COTA (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 16, 2016
I have worked there for 6 years. Once hired you don't get a yearly increase. Very high productivity. Micro-manage employees. My reward is helping a patient and seeing their progress. This is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Seeing the progress of the patients
Cons
Miror-managed on the job.
professional, warm, and friendly place to work
Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJuly 12, 2016
this place has to be ten stars, the owners understood family and work with you with any and everything. The salaries they paid were outstanding and you work with many therapist and they were all wonderful people, professional, fun and kind people. This is a huge company that shows proof that you can work and enjoy yourself at the same time. When there are problems with anything they take care of it a.s.a.p.
Pros
a learning experience for life
Cons
A good Company that gives one a lot of work opportunities.
Physical Therapist -PRN (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 10, 2016
Work places where I was assigned as registry are beautiful and has staff that are very welcoming, friendly,and helpful. Work day is full and hard but can be managed well and there are rehab techs that can assist.
SNF and Senior Care Home Health Services (Current Employee) –  Addison , IllionisJune 7, 2016
I have been with this company for 12 years I just look for extra hours on weekend, there is no way that I will leave CPT, I do enjoy everything about this company, the hours, relocation within other facilities to make up the hours as the census fluctuates, diversity of the culture between clinicians and the patient
Pros
profesionalism, communiction, familly oriented
a family owned therapy company
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 23, 2014
a family owned therapy company that works for SNF and HC, that employes about 300 therapists.
Great company
Physical therapist Assistant- PRN (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 15, 2014
I only work as PRN but so far my experience has been great. they have great location and plenty of work for me if I need it.
Pros
great snf placement
Cons
sometimes I may have to travel far.
Small office, very fast paced, no down time or breaks
OFFICE MANAGER - 4 Companies (Current Employee) –  Southington, CT 06489December 1, 2013
This is a very high stress and fast paced office and industry. A typical day includes constant interruptions with the phones ringing and patients coming and going. Co-workers have been there a long time and like to do their own thing so management is difficult when trying to get everyone to do the same thing. The hardest part is managing the amount of work. It is the perfect amount of work provided there are no interruptions in the day, but that never happens. What I really enjoy is solving problems with patient accounts.
Pros
Problem solving and accounting
Cons
Healthcare, expectations are very high, no separation of duties, too many hands in the pot
Friendly Work Environment
Resp. Therapist- Job (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILOctober 8, 2013
I was required to take care of twelve to fourteen respiratory patients.I the value of being a strong hard working independent therapist.I had a good relationship with the director of respiratory and nice co-workers.Working twelve hours shifts was the hardest part of my job,,no complaints what I want to do.The most enjoyable part,interacting with patient.
Pros
Hard work days but rewarding experience.
Cons
short breaks according to work load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Physical Therapy & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Physical Therapy & Associates Reviews by Location