Community Progress Council Employee Reviews

Helping the Community, Fostering Change and Working Together
Manager (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 27, 2018
Working in Early Childhood Education is a demanding and challenging field but it is also extremely rewarding. Community Progress Council seeks to help its clients remove barriers to self-sufficiency and gives families the tools and training needed to make positive changes in their lives. There is a lot of longevity at the organization and those who truly embrace and believe the mission succeed in their work. I enjoy coming to work every day and working with families and children as they have their "AHA" moments. I also enjoy helping employees grow and develop. The agency is an important part of the community it serves. This is a wonderful place to work and make an impact.
Misery loves company
Head start (Former Employee) –  York paDecember 6, 2018
Management with a lack of care and concern. Treat teaching and education staff horribly. Paid time off is forced to be used when they are closed. Everyone gets mad at you when you are sick, because they have to fill in. Paperwork is endless. You'll end up working at home, which takes your hourly pay down to nothing. CPC staff has very little understanding of education. Yet makes decisions for education. "In service days" are on useless information and a waste of time for teachers, yet mandatory. Upper CPC management claims to love the kids, yet barely steps foot in classrooms or knows any of them. Buildings are disgusting and moldy. You have no breaks. Have to eat unhealthy government lunch that is served to the kids, and you'll get in trouble for bringing your own food yet half the time there isn't enough for you to eat with the kids. Dont care for their employees. Left months ago and should have left sooner. If you're considering this place for teaching job, stay away. Everyone is miserable because it's such a horrible place to work.
Abrogate Leadership/Upper Management Team
Employee (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 6, 2018
In the beginning, I LOVED my job & believed in the mission, sadly, after about 7 years, things began to alchemize. Employee morale plummeted and became destitute...
Pros
Employees/Coworkers
Cons
Disparity between leadership and employees - "Them vs. Us" Environment
Hostile place
Head Start (Former Employee) –  York PANovember 25, 2018
no advancement
makes up rules as they see fit
poor employee moral
does not live up to the mission
bullies staff
no diverse in practice
leadership is lacking
Run away!
Employee (Former Employee) –  York paNovember 11, 2018
This is a horrible place to work. There are way too many directors of invented departments. Most of the directors have no idea what they are doing. The preschool teacher are paid so poorly they qualify for the programs cpc offers. The benefits are so expensive that employees can't afford them. People also figure out that it pays more to stay on welfare then to work there. Although the mission is to get york county out of poverty, they can't even get their staff out of poverty. Most of the locations where the children and staff are are so full of mold and mildew it's no wonder staff are sick all the time. They do offer vacation, but the catch is they tell you when to take it. If you want other time off it has to go unpaid. It is also frowned upon to work as a team. If you offer to help a coworker in a different department you will more then likely get written up. If you are not a manager and not willing to kiss the managers butt you are asking for trouble. They want you to praise them like they are Gods and have the best ideas ever. There is also no security in any of those locations. Some of the parents that walk freely in there are gang member or known drug dealers. There are no precautions taken to protect staff. You should consider wearing a bullet proof vest to go there. Not to mention the daily drug raids done but york city police and they have to close the streets off. The culture there is horrible. I would not recommend anyone to work there.
Cons
i work there because i recieved benefits from welfare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  226 College Ave.York PA 17403August 28, 2018
i did what i had to do , to improve my lifei really learned alot about the process about helping people in need , includeing my self i worked in a place where we helped people with LIHEP energy assistance
Pros
humbleness
Cons
reality
Great workplace
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 25, 2018
A typical day at work is laid back. I was able to learn a wide variety of things. My workplace was very friendly and accepting of each person. Everyone greeted each other with respect and love.
Pros
Lay offs, holidays, spring breaks
Cons
Lay offs
Excellent
Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working for C.P.C. My co-workers and supervisors were very nice and supportive. I only wish I could've stayed there.
Decent place to work at.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 2, 2016
Great place for day care and housing. Seeing the children everyday was the best part and being able to assist the community.
Not a bad place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 27, 2015
It's not a horrible place to work. It is non-profit so you don't get paid very well. Most of the people there are very smart and have a vast knowledge of the clientele.
Non-Profit Organization
Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 15, 2015
I loved all of my clients and I have learned a lot from each one of them. I'm so glad that their are non-profit organizations out there to help the needy.
Pros
Co-workers, friendly place
productive fun and enjoyably place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 2, 2014
I'll great my co worker and clients and superviser. I learn how to put file in to Microsoft excel and got a long with my co worker. the hardest part of the job was getting start after doing it for a while i got the hang of it. the most enjoyable part of the job that its something i love to do.
Pros
free coffie
Cons
2 brakes
EarlyHead Start/Head Start
EHS/HS Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 27, 2013
my typical day begins at 7:30am and it is non-stop untill 3pm when I leave
I adore my co-workers. The children that attend EHS/.HS are a huge bonus.
Pros
differnt people of various nationalities. Learnig their life styles
Cons
lack of available advancement
Loving the kids
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 21, 2013
Making sure the kids was well balanced and ready for the day. I have learned that know matter what enviroment your in, theres always a challenge. The hardest part of the job is when you had a child that was misbehaving. The part enjoy the most playing and pretending and acting with the kids.
Challenging & Rewarding place to work at.
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 26, 2012
Oversee multiple tasks in budgeting & staff and enjoy the versatility to multiple task.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  York PaNovember 16, 2012
good work making appoiment for taxes for people. filing helping others to get the taxes done..
Pros
kind people
Cons
good breaks
Staff are deticated to the program and families of service.
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 22, 2012
A typical day is home visits, data entry, planning, prep for next home visit, sending for required health information, follow up on applications, scheduling in-takes, recruitment, problem solving. EHS & HS staff are great to work with. The home visiting, FA, and teaching staff are deticated to the families and to doing the best job they can for the families and programs. The hardest part of the job - expectations of completing the job with independence while being expected to depend on supervisor at the same time. Constant contradiction does not encourage success. The most enjoyable part of the job was working within the community and empowering the families of service.
Pros
hourly rate of pay