Community Psychiatric Clinic Employee Reviews

Community Support Case Manager Belltown
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 21, 2018
Stressful work environment. High case loads. Not enough time in the day to complete paperwork. Huge productivity demands but not enough resources to do the job properly. The pay is a joke, benefits suck. Might be a good first job out of college but not for long-term commitment.
The current supervisor is terrible, clearly burned out and doesn't seem to like his job. Not the case managers fault that you are stuck at a dead end position. Treat people a little better and maybe you wouldn't have such a huge turnover rate.
Pros
Job
Cons
Poor leadership
Fantastic Mission and Culture
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 16, 2018
The best part about working at CPC has been the clients and staff. It can often be challenging working in mental health but the support I've received from my peers and both my supervisor and upper management has made all of the difference. The CEO values transparency and sends out email announcements to all staff letting us know about the state of the organization and upcoming changes both in the field and at CPC. He's even made it out to other worksites many times to talk with staff about the organizational changes and hear about the challenges we're facing on the front lines. To top it off, the benefits are great! I don't plan on leaving anytime soon and would definitely recommend CPC as a place to work.
Pros
Time off, decent pay, culture, management
Cons
Challenging work
Review Summary
Child & Family Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 10, 2018
As a social work intern, I provided support and mental health therapy to families. It was wonderful to work as part of a team who had the same vision in supporting our clients.
Community Psychiatric Clinic
Facilitator Wraparound Delivery Team (Current Employee) –  King County, WAMarch 31, 2018
The Wraparound Delivery Team does an excellent job of helping families with children who have behavior and mental health problems find support services and provides families with resources to improve the lives of the children who need mental health services
Pros
Excellent Community Service Agency
Cons
Location is difficult to drive to on a daily basis
CPC is a great place to work
Certified Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 12, 2018
CPS's at CPC can expect to have community oriented clientele. This meaningg you will go out into the community to see your peers. What I learned is that people don't necessarily appreciate you coming to their house, others dont mind. Management is always there to de escalate any situation and they really listen to your concerns. The hardest job for me was traveling in unfamiliar territory. The thing I enjoyed most about the job was helping recover from mental illness.
Very dedicated clincians and employees
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 4, 2018
Clients are the reason this is a great place to work; management is striving to continue to make CPC a place for wellness for all clients who seek services; this is only possible with talented, skilled and caring clinicians and their support staff.
Pros
Clincians, co-workers and salaries and benefits are all excellent
Cons
Public funding for medical insurance being possibly reduced
Not worth it
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 1, 2018
I worked here for almost a year in 2014. My direct manager was great but the higher up management was not. We had a state audit and did poorly. I received very little support from upper management. The very upper level management is paid too much, in my opinion, while there is not enough money for things the clients and facilities need.
I learned a lot and enjoyed the clients but overall the pay is not worth the stress. I left to go back to school but probably would have left soon anyway.
Poor Management
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 10, 2018
High staff turnover
Little opportunities for advancing career
Poor management
Minimal raises
Unprofessional regional director
Questionable ethical practices
Lack of staff & management makes it difficult to have paid time-off/vacation, sick day,& even daily lunch breaks
Pros
Decent-priced healthcare benefits
Cons
difficult to take breaks, paid time-off due to poor management & lack of staff
Great place to work!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 27, 2017
When I moved to Seattle and accepted a position at CPC, I had no idea what a great organization they'd turn out to be. I love the work we do. I have a supportive supervisor, amazing coworkers, management that actually cares about the mission of the organization... all in support of the clients.
Pros
Excellent benefits, Pto, and pay increases
Cons
Union
A place where the client is the focus, and optimal wellness is the goal.
King County Hospital Liaison (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAAugust 26, 2017
The Community Psychiatric Clinic is an organization that embraces holistic, evidence-based, recovery-focused approaches to help people with behavioral health challenges improve their quality of life.

Work at CPC is fast-paced, collaborative, and results-oriented with an emphasis on making the client the center of its efforts.

I felt very supported and encouraged to work above and beyond, in a daily effort to exceed the organization's mission, vision, and values.
Pros
Collaborative, fast-paced, recovery-oriented
Cons
(Not really a con, but...) Training requires occasional multi-hour commutes to/from Seattle
The Staff and clients are why CPC is great
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2017
You have control of your schedule, so managing the typical day is up to you. I have been given the opportunity for outside training, where I was able to learn other therapeutic techniques. From the agency, I learned about the system and specific skills for case management. My direct supervisors are a strong support, but I have not heard that across the board from my colleagues on different teams. The hardest part of the job is the requirements in paperwork and from the county interfering with your ability to actually manage clients' goals and help them. The most enjoyable part of the job is my team, they often help with client situations and debriefing at the end of the day.
I love my staff & I feel supported by my clients staff & HR.
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2017
I have been with CPC now for 4 years at the end of this month. I always felt the desire to work with this population but started with a much more challenging one being teenagers & also children both in residential. Residential takes special people. I've been in it for almost eight years. I've done voluntary work in dementia wards, closed prisons, and interned in adult out services. Each time I try & have been relatively successful introducing art into the therapeutic encounters
Pros
rewarding & impowering mentally emotionally & physically
Cons
Challenging job mentally emotionally & physically
Amazing Supervision
SSVF Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 15, 2016
I loved my supervisor. He was amazing. He seriously cared about his team. He made sure that we were taken care of and not only listened when we were frustrated with clients but even personal matters. He has a HUGE heart and i couldn't have asked for a better supervisor. CPC unfortunately doesn't pay enough to live in Seattle and my commute took at least 2 hours so i had to resign. I loved my team and the program but the constant changes with guidelines and policies can become frustrating.In all I had a great experience with SSVF.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
not enough pay
Good Experience for a Resume
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 15, 2016
Very high turnover rate. It's good for the case management experience for a resume. Pay is low even compared to similar jobs at non profit mental health organizations in Seattle. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was my coworkers were awesome and my boss was very accommodating and flexible with hours I worked. Workload is more like 60 hours a week of work expected to be completed in a 40 hour work week.
Pros
Healthcare plans, 11 paid holidays, coworkers, pay differencial with higher degree/experience, good experience for a resume
Cons
Low pay, No pay without leave people had to come to work sick if out of sick leave, high expectations, large caseloads, little room for advancement, additional duties without compensation
Official response from Community Psychiatric Clinic
March 15, 2017

Since joining the CPC organization in July 2016, I have visited all of our program sites, met with the clinical teams, and have enjoyed candid conversations with staff of what was both right and wrong with the agency and what they have wanted to see improved. Most importantly I have seen firsthand the talent, passion and commitment our staff have for the work and the individuals we serve.

Over the last eight months we have been working hard to change the culture at CPC, improving communication and embracing greater openness and collaboration. We have made significant improvements in a number of key areas, including significant increases in the clinical pay scales.

I encourage you to visit our new website at www.cpcwa.org and review our revised Mission and Vision Statements, along with our newly developed list of organizational Values. We appreciate your candid feedback and are committed to making CPC the best place to work in Seattle.

Doug Crandall, CEO

Productive and Great Team
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 25, 2016
Great team but high caseload compared to other similar agencies. High turnover. Not enough time for in depth collaboration within agency.
Always looking over your shoulder expecting to get in trouble more than a month after the incident.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2015
Non-profit with "for profit" mentality. Way too many people involved in corrective action so it comes down on you well after it's essentially over. No sincere appreciation or respect given by upper management to staff. CEO untrustworthy. Passive-aggressive tendencies. Low pay with old technology that continuely breaks down and takes a long time to get anything fixed or replaced, if at all. Good benefits for line staff who have union representation, but not for middle management. One must be a "yes man" to move up within the agency. Upper management micromanage and again so many people involved in any decision things move slowly. Within the team good comraderie, everyone helps each other out. If you wish to advance in the field, unless you kiss ___, go somewhere other than CPC. If you want to make a decent living, go somewhere other than CPC. If you want honesty, consistency, and to be treated with respect, go somewhere other than CPC. If you want supervision hours go somewhere other than CPC. I have never seen "other duties as assigned" mean so many different unrelated things.
I highly recommend NOT working for CPC.
Pros
Good benefits, good staff.
Cons
Never get breaks, upper management untrustworthy, little if any appreciation or respect by upper managemtent, Attitude that everyone is expendible, No support for a hard job.
Leaves too much to be desired
Community Support Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros:
-Outpatient clinic
-Close to home
-Great co-workers that will support and encourage you
-Awesome supervisor
-Relaxed environment
-Healthcare covered
-8-hour work day

Cons:
-Starting pay is below $15 minimum wage for Bachelors level, and barely $17 for Masters level.
-Only 3% raise annually
-No raise if you switch positions, unless you are becoming a supervisor (eg: switching from Case manager to Adult Outpatient)
-Lack of communication from management
-Unionized position with no assistance from union to improve workplace
-Union dues extracted from every pay check
-Last minute decisions which employees are informed of after the fact (and expected to adjust within hours or days)
-A caseload of 50-80 clients
-Weekly, monthly and annual paperwork for all 50-80 clients (not electronic "yet")
-Productivity measured by billable hours, not by paperwork with an expectancy of 60% performance (which no one ever meets)
-Not enough work space to see clients
-Expected to do outreaches, run groups, attend trainings and attend more than 2 meetings per week
-No bonuses

This is a good position if you live close. It pays the bills and is a great stepping stone to a higher paying/more manageable position. Just beware of what you're getting into: High expectations for below-minimum wage work.
Pros
Good work environment, nice supervisor, healthcare covered
Cons
LOW salary, unionized, old fashioned, extremely high caseload
Low performing Organization.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2015
The caseloads are unmanageable. The pay is far too low for all of the responsibilities they roll into your job title. The management is not interested in feedback from their staff. The services provided to already impoverished communities are sub-par and this appears to be acceptable to upper management. Lack of culture and diversity w/in the staff. Poor communication. Operates on a "for profit" mentality instead of a "non profit". Not operating on a "live" interactive database,(no EMR) using paper charts. No secure network. Productivity in measured by "daily activity logs"; only clinical interventions can be used on this DAL, making progress seem very low. Paperwork in not taken into consideration of your productivity nor are phone calls or outreach visits. Overall a very low performing organization with high turnover.
Pros
Excellent team members, good supervisor.
Cons
Pay, service delivery, productivity measurements, Upper management
Great Place to work
community outreach liaison (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2015
I have been here for three years. I can honestly say that the work environment is really good. I know that I can go to my supervisor when I am having issues or questions and will be given respect.
Productive work day where each employee is responsible for schedule and progress
Certified Peer Counselor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2014
I have recieved the highest employee ratings at each review. My supervisors comment on my quick on my feet problem solving and calm reactions to stressful situations.
I achieved the highest award within 6 months of working voted by county peers.
A typical day at work is meeting with clients in the community one on one or with professionals ensuring I empower my client with the best opportunities towards independence.
The hardest part of my job (yet the easiest for me to manage) is crisis intervention.
When my supervisor needs to redirect my work, it is always met with positive outlook and noteable achievements to improve my skills.
Pros
Great benefits and job security
Cons
Using personal automobile to travel to various work sites, sometime driving up to 100 per day (3-4 hours of driving per day)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Psychiatric Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Psychiatric Clinic Reviews by Location