COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION Employee Reviews

Lacks Diversity even with Affirmative Action being a plus
Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
Hello,
I find lack of African American Licensed Clinician, which make the work place tense being only AA licensed clinician at the time.Over the last few years, was terminated and leaves me to get singled out. Diversity is important part of the work place and according to CRF mission statement not being followed by the CRF programs. If you could look into the problem it could be the cause of the turn over and in 2018 this shouldn't be happening.
Extra work always
N/A (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2018
Will never run out of work, understaffed, underpaid. Management seems to know but laughs about it, Haa ha Job Security. For a place that does mental health they do not care about the mental health of their staff.
Aide
Aide (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 27, 2018
I work with mentally challenger individuals who want to help me in the garden, etc. I help with any chores that need to be done and I can help members in the computer room
Pros
Good people
Cons
Part time
Intense collaberative environment to grow as a therapist
PSYCHOSOCIAL REHABILITATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2018
I have gained valuable experience in working with clients in crisis suffering varied psychiatric symptoms and struggling with substance use. The work environment is positive and collaborative.
Okay place to get experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
CRF is a great company to gain experience and there are opportunities for advancing your career, however management needs to work on a better method for documentation of actions performed so that it does not interfere negativly with work/life balance.
This a fun and great company to work for.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2018
I loved working for this company for over 15 years. I had a family emergency and I had to take a leave of absence for over a year.

I would consider working for them. For example, the have a great training program for new employees.
Pros
Free food and paid lunches.
Cons
I had a family emergency and have to be gone for over a year.
A great learning center.
PSR Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2018
If you are new in the field or working on your internship, CRF is an outstanding learning facility due to you will work with a wide range of mental illness. You will learn the DSM V, assessments, discharge planning, individual service plans.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
pay is low for all the work you do.
great company!
Certified Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I worked for Ezperanza Crisis Facility and loved it. I worked 3 days a week 5 hours a day. I ran groups and help clients going through crisis issues. Helping them cope with some of there problems and helping them with how they can better solve them or work through them.
Well experienced staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2018
The group works as an ACT team and meets daily for morning meetings. Thereafter, each team member is assigned duties for the day. Typically meeting a handful of clients daily.
Co-workers are nice, and the population of people we work for are great
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2017
Teamwork is important, fast paced, stressful sometimes with no help
Co-workers were great
It was nice to help clts in need
Nice holidays off
Nice dayshift hours, but too much paper work to be completed at home, with no overtime pay
Pros
free lunches sometimes, good pay, nice holidays
Cons
case load difficult, too much paperwork, lots of work done at home-no overtime pay

Want to know more about COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION?

Ask a question
Poor pay, poor leadership for young clinicians
PSR Specialist / Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2017
Pay is way under rate for master's level clinicians. Hardly anyone, including "Directors" at programs are licensed clinicians. CRF offers many trainings, but I don't think I grew clinically in this position due to lack of quality supervision and management. Job is also quick pace - I never took a lunch break the entire time I worked at CRF and worked lots of un paid overtime
Pros
good vacation and benefits
Cons
pay, workload, supervison, management
A great training foundation
Assistant Program Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
Teamwork
advancement is political
day is stressful
diversity workplace
time management is challenge due to the heighten/crisis situation- unpredictable
Pros
Time off
benefits
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
Community Research Foundation is a great place to work! The staff is amazing and the benefits are awesome. Since it is a non-profit organization; wages and advancement are not really available unless you are clinician or Psychiatrist.
Pros
Paid lunch, benefits, employee morale
Fast-Paced, Dynamic Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2017
As alluded to, no two days are the same here. Nonetheless, everyone looks out for each other, knowing that it is in the client's best interest. It is therefore easy to become friends with these and contribute to their recovery.
Competitive pay
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at DTI is high stress and even though the culture is high stress the enjoyable part of the day is seeing clients. Management works with the staff and is flexible.
Pros
flexible
Cons
high stress
Management is not supportive
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 4, 2017
I loved working with this population, however it is not an easy population and the support and feedback fromt eh management team was not supportive when working on a crisis.
Fun and opportunities for professional growth
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2017
Senior IMAPCT is an assertive community treatment program dealing with co-occurring disorders. There are 100 clients shared among 10 clinicians. Management is very open to feedback and is understanding of stressors that arise in the work place and makes good attempts at helping their employees keep from BURNOUT. Hardest part of the job is progress notes, most enjoyable part of the job is learning and growing professionally from interactions with clients and team members.
Hardcore
Practicum Student Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92154April 23, 2017
Real deal clientele and time management. There is not a lot of opportunity for laziness at CRF. Good luck if you are given an opportunity. Plan to learn non-stop.
Great company
MFT Intern/Licensed MFT (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 5, 2017
This is a great place to do an internship. The team and management is very supportive and fun. The salary is lacking however. You will work hard for your clients and is rewarding.
Tight-knit family atmosphere
MFT/PCC Practicum Trainee (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaMarch 2, 2017
The work is very challenging, but there is a lot of support. You can try out new things as far as therapeutic techniques, without anyone breathing down your neck. I gained so much experience here, I am a changed person, and much more professional thanks to these people.
Pros
lots of opportunities to get started in your career
Cons
lower pay