COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
This a fun and great company to work for.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2018
I loved working for this company for over 15 years. I had a family emergency and I had to take a leave of absence for over a year.

I would consider working for them. For example, the have a great training program for new employees.
Pros
Free food and paid lunches.
Cons
I had a family emergency and have to be gone for over a year.
great company!
Certified Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I worked for Ezperanza Crisis Facility and loved it. I worked 3 days a week 5 hours a day. I ran groups and help clients going through crisis issues. Helping them cope with some of there problems and helping them with how they can better solve them or work through them.
Well experienced staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2018
The group works as an ACT team and meets daily for morning meetings. Thereafter, each team member is assigned duties for the day. Typically meeting a handful of clients daily.
Co-workers are nice, and the population of people we work for are great
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2017
Teamwork is important, fast paced, stressful sometimes with no help
Co-workers were great
It was nice to help clts in need
Nice holidays off
Nice dayshift hours, but too much paper work to be completed at home, with no overtime pay
Pros
free lunches sometimes, good pay, nice holidays
Cons
case load difficult, too much paperwork, lots of work done at home-no overtime pay
Poor pay, poor leadership for young clinicians
PSR Specialist / Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2017
Pay is way under rate for master's level clinicians. Hardly anyone, including "Directors" at programs are licensed clinicians. CRF offers many trainings, but I don't think I grew clinically in this position due to lack of quality supervision and management. Job is also quick pace - I never took a lunch break the entire time I worked at CRF and worked lots of un paid overtime
Pros
good vacation and benefits
Cons
pay, workload, supervison, management
A great training foundation
Assistant Program Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
Teamwork
advancement is political
day is stressful
diversity workplace
time management is challenge due to the heighten/crisis situation- unpredictable
Pros
Time off
benefits
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
Community Research Foundation is a great place to work! The staff is amazing and the benefits are awesome. Since it is a non-profit organization; wages and advancement are not really available unless you are clinician or Psychiatrist.
Pros
Paid lunch, benefits, employee morale
Fast-Paced, Dynamic Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2017
As alluded to, no two days are the same here. Nonetheless, everyone looks out for each other, knowing that it is in the client's best interest. It is therefore easy to become friends with these and contribute to their recovery.
Competitive pay
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at DTI is high stress and even though the culture is high stress the enjoyable part of the day is seeing clients. Management works with the staff and is flexible.
Pros
flexible
Cons
high stress
Management is not supportive
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 4, 2017
I loved working with this population, however it is not an easy population and the support and feedback fromt eh management team was not supportive when working on a crisis.
Fun and opportunities for professional growth
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2017
Senior IMAPCT is an assertive community treatment program dealing with co-occurring disorders. There are 100 clients shared among 10 clinicians. Management is very open to feedback and is understanding of stressors that arise in the work place and makes good attempts at helping their employees keep from BURNOUT. Hardest part of the job is progress notes, most enjoyable part of the job is learning and growing professionally from interactions with clients and team members.
Hardcore
Practicum Student Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92154April 23, 2017
Real deal clientele and time management. There is not a lot of opportunity for laziness at CRF. Good luck if you are given an opportunity. Plan to learn non-stop.
Great company
MFT Intern/Licensed MFT (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 5, 2017
This is a great place to do an internship. The team and management is very supportive and fun. The salary is lacking however. You will work hard for your clients and is rewarding.
Tight-knit family atmosphere
MFT/PCC Practicum Trainee (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaMarch 2, 2017
The work is very challenging, but there is a lot of support. You can try out new things as far as therapeutic techniques, without anyone breathing down your neck. I gained so much experience here, I am a changed person, and much more professional thanks to these people.
Pros
lots of opportunities to get started in your career
Cons
lower pay
Very fun and the staff is awesome
Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2017
If I could have gotten full-time with benefits I would have continued to work for Community Research Foundation. Although the job was stressful, the staff, supervisors, and program managers were awesome, helpful, and knowledgeable. I had a great time working there.
Pros
Awesome management and helpful staff. Lots of trainings.
Cons
Very few full time positions available.
Supportive management
Lead Clinician (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Outpatient services at CRF allow for flexibility, independence, growth and freedom. Productivity is hard to learn to balance at first but management is supportive and trainings and supervision is great for professional growth. Staff get along and management model open door policy and friendly relatable attitude.
Pros
paid lunch, 9-5 hours, free clinical supervision
Cons
salary
The people who work in that place are people who love and care about their job.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2016
This work gave me the experience to understand and obtain additional (clinical) knowledge in regards cultural, therapy and different population.
Pros
team work
Be prepared
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 23, 2016
The consumers need a lot of help. Prepare, research and train to do right by the consumers. Great work can be done but do not do it alone. Seek help from your team.
Pros
workload is high
Cons
good benefits
Nice people. Nice PTO benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2016
They don't pay very well. They are nice folks to work with. They offer 5 weeks paid time off - so that's good. They don't offer family insurance coverage that anyone could afford.
Pros
generous time off
Cons
low pay
Great place to work, great learning environment
Counselor (practicum trainee) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2016
I received wonderful support and instruction about counseling in the mental health field while completing my fieldwork studies at Jary Barreto Crisis Center.