COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION Employee Reviews

Great place for nursing high turnover for social workers
LVN Nurse/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2019
I loved this job as a nurse you work as part of a team in the ACT social worker model for treatment. You work directly with the psychiatrist and other nurses. However there is little to no training or. directions from the director of nursing.
I have worked at 3 locations within the company.
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2019
Two locations had excellent management, one not so much. It's a non-profit and cannot afford to pay very well. But the parent company is really trying to offer good benefits to make up for it. Good place for practicum students, pre-docs, and post-docs if you can afford lesser pay.
Pros
They are fantastic about not making you work off the clock.
Cons
Hourly pay is not good even if you have a doctorate.
Typical work day
Outreach Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2019
CRF had flexible work hours and ability to work from home if approved by your team lead. Most of your day is in the field visiting with the clients that are homeless and living in Board & Care, Intermediate facilities, and private resident. As a nurse my duties consisted of giving psychiatric medication via injections to clients. The hardest part of the job consisted of trying to locate clients when they were on the street.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
flexible work environment
Great co workers
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 2, 2019
Poor pay for cost of living. Productivity requirements. Employee safety is at risk in office. Great coworkers who care. Management top heavy. Tons of paperwork.
Pros
Free street parking if you get there early enough
Cons
Healthcare fair, retirement a joke
Mixed feelings
Mental Health Counselor / PSR Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 13, 2019
Mixed feelings, some good things, some bad, but more bad than good. Little time for self care. Definitely learned a lot and gained valuable experience working with different populations. But once heard good people don't last long, I can understand that statement after working for multiple programs.
Making a Difference
Clinician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2019
CRF is dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative. I never have the same day as before because the people we serve all have unique needs. I learn something new every day, and while it can be stressful at times, I know I'm making a difference. My manager and team are really supportive. Benefits are great, including health insurance and time off. We have to do a lot of documentation, which is not my favorite part of the job, but I get why it's necessary.
Pros
Benefits, team culture, and company mission is real
Cons
Paperwork
Very disappointed
Administrative Assistant I / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 12, 2019
Office Manager was a joke and was on a power trip, micromanaged everything I did.Worked at Senior Impact and the staff and Program Director was outstanding.
Pros
Pto, Sick, Benefits are outstanding
Cons
Manager was a joke. Was not trained very well.
na
Alcohol and Drug Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 24, 2018
OK to work for. Good For College students poor salary small office space. However nice co-workers pays for parking working the community is a plus for the population they served
Pros
na
Cons
na
Extra work always
N/A (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2018
Will never run out of work, understaffed, underpaid. Management seems to know but laughs about it, Haa ha Job Security. For a place that does mental health they do not care about the mental health of their staff.
Aide
Aide (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 27, 2018
I work with mentally challenger individuals who want to help me in the garden, etc. I help with any chores that need to be done and I can help members in the computer room
Pros
Good people
Cons
Part time
Intense collaberative environment to grow as a therapist
PSYCHOSOCIAL REHABILITATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2018
I have gained valuable experience in working with clients in crisis suffering varied psychiatric symptoms and struggling with substance use. The work environment is positive and collaborative.
Okay place to get experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
CRF is a great company to gain experience and there are opportunities for advancing your career, however management needs to work on a better method for documentation of actions performed so that it does not interfere negativly with work/life balance.
This a fun and great company to work for.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2018
I loved working for this company for over 15 years. I had a family emergency and I had to take a leave of absence for over a year.

I would consider working for them. For example, the have a great training program for new employees.
Pros
Free food and paid lunches.
Cons
I had a family emergency and have to be gone for over a year.
A great learning center.
PSR Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2018
If you are new in the field or working on your internship, CRF is an outstanding learning facility due to you will work with a wide range of mental illness. You will learn the DSM V, assessments, discharge planning, individual service plans.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
pay is low for all the work you do.
great company!
Certified Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I worked for Ezperanza Crisis Facility and loved it. I worked 3 days a week 5 hours a day. I ran groups and help clients going through crisis issues. Helping them cope with some of there problems and helping them with how they can better solve them or work through them.
Well experienced staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2018
The group works as an ACT team and meets daily for morning meetings. Thereafter, each team member is assigned duties for the day. Typically meeting a handful of clients daily.
Co-workers are nice, and the population of people we work for are great
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2017
Teamwork is important, fast paced, stressful sometimes with no help
Co-workers were great
It was nice to help clts in need
Nice holidays off
Nice dayshift hours, but too much paper work to be completed at home, with no overtime pay
Pros
free lunches sometimes, good pay, nice holidays
Cons
case load difficult, too much paperwork, lots of work done at home-no overtime pay
Poor pay, poor leadership for young clinicians
PSR Specialist / Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2017
Pay is way under rate for master's level clinicians. Hardly anyone, including "Directors" at programs are licensed clinicians. CRF offers many trainings, but I don't think I grew clinically in this position due to lack of quality supervision and management. Job is also quick pace - I never took a lunch break the entire time I worked at CRF and worked lots of un paid overtime
Pros
good vacation and benefits
Cons
pay, workload, supervison, management
A great training foundation
Assistant Program Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
Teamwork
advancement is political
day is stressful
diversity workplace
time management is challenge due to the heighten/crisis situation- unpredictable
Pros
Time off
benefits
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
Community Research Foundation is a great place to work! The staff is amazing and the benefits are awesome. Since it is a non-profit organization; wages and advancement are not really available unless you are clinician or Psychiatrist.
Pros
Paid lunch, benefits, employee morale