COMMUNITY RESIDENCES INC Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTOctober 27, 2018
There have been times where management and career advancement has been weak, but the mission and goal of the agency is positive. If you are willing to work hard, you can be employed for a long time with this agency
Pros
flexibility, Pto
Cons
lack of direction, not always appreciated by upper management
Productive & Motivational Place To Work!
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTOctober 11, 2018
I would highly recommend Community Residences Inc as a place to work. If you are interested in human services and have a passion to help people then this is the place for you. You are able to work with inspiring people every single day to make someone else's life a little bit better. Bring a great attitude to work every day and enjoy what you do and it will not feel like work.
Pros
Great organization
Hard working place to manage.
Lead Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 11, 2018
Working in a group home of 5 residents with high functioning behaviors can be very stressful and tiring, but patience is they key to working with them.
Pros
The clients of the company
Cons
Pay rate, and overtime.
Terrible management
Manager (Former Employee) –  NewingtonSeptember 3, 2018
CRI is a company that strives to better the lives of Connecticut’s most needy individuals. This is an area where they excel. However upper management is terrible, unfriendly, unsupportive and has a limited understanding of the the true work that is being done. No positive feedback is offered. There are multiple budgetary cuts made throughout the year affecting salary and the number of holidays off being offered. Despite these cuts workload is not changed and workload expectations frequently increase without compensation. No raises or cost of living increases! Despite the good work that can be done it is not worth it to work for the salary and poor benefits in an environment that doesn’t appreciate the work of staff .
Pros
Provides valuable supports
Cons
Terrible management, benefits and salary
No thanks
Residential Instructor/ Day program instructor (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTJuly 2, 2018
Literally use this place for the paid training and run!!! I took a pay cut by moving to day program I had to get out of residential. Been with the company for 4 long years and I feel like it's been an eternity. I'm single mom and my schedule works for me and my kids but I barely make ends meat due to the terrible pay smh.
Pros
They hire anyone
Cons
They hire anyone, paid pennys
Great work place
Assisting an individual (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VA 20151June 13, 2018
Great place to work with great management team.
I learnt great job skills everyday.
the culture at my workplace is phenomenal
Most enjoyable part is the great teamwork with teammates
Mental Disabilities
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTJune 13, 2018
In a residential home; assisting 6 teenage males with every day life skills, medical needs, recreational needs and social needs. A new house for these guys
Pros
Loved the guys
Cons
Under staff
Family feel
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 22, 2018
I have been working for CRI for 2 years now and all though it may be some on shift or staff issues, which happens at all jobs. I have had a great experience working from direct care support, to mentor , to now assistant manager. Plenty of growth opportunities for the right person looking to grow in a company. Easy work days of outtings , family style dinners and evening meds and showers before bed. Cant complain about the work I do.
Pros
overtime available, group trips, family feeling at work
Cons
expensive medical insurance
great place
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTMay 13, 2018
I enjoy working for community residences inc. I have been working there for some time and they pay at least the minimum I believe we should start at in this field. Hoping to move up and get better pay.
Poor upper management
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTApril 25, 2018
I worked for CRI for almost 11 years. In those years they didn't give any raises to myself or my staff. (I was a program manager) My work load increased as did my staffs, with no incentive to stay.
worked with great people
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 24, 2018
Work was fun, management not so much . The place was not run as well as it could have been . i felt that with proper management the place would of been a dream job.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
managment
Non-Profit
Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington vaApril 19, 2018
Community Residences is a non-profit with a reputation for quality care for over 40 years. Staff have an unconditional compassion for individuals with disabilities. The clinical staff, including the PMs, Counselors, Social Workers, Case workers, Nurses and especially the Direct Support Professionals are expected to work long demanding hours with a rate increase amounting to enough to buy a Subway sandwich on pay day. Thanks for the increase.
Good company
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 10, 2018
Direct contact with clients
Sensitive to client needs
Good experience for students
Supports employees
Several locations
A lot of work
Drive for a portion of the job
Structure Environment
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 28, 2018
Community Residences was a wonderful agency to be employed with. They are very diverse and have a high expectations of there employees. The management team are empathetic when needed. You have opportunities to advance with the agency if having the proper credentials. Community Residences are a professional agency that cater to the individuals that are provided services. I even liked the fact of them investing a activities coordinator that always had good ideas for activities for the individuals.
Pros
Family involvement, Person Centered, Engagement of Activities.
Cons
Agency located in Chantilly Va.
Corrupt, crooked, unprofessional upper management No appreciation for staff
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 26, 2018
CRI is by far the worst company an individual should ever work for. Upper management such as Behaviorist, Coordinators, Directors & LPN’s are very rude, unprofessional power tripping individuals who do not have an open door policy. They steal company money, they disrespect staff as if they are less than, just a horrible company who work you to death for little pay or no pay at all, since the HR dept always mess up your hours!!!!
Pros
Growing a bond with the individuals
Cons
Low pay, upper management, no open door policy, corrupt
a typical day
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTMarch 12, 2018
This is a 6 bed group home specializing in the management of health, safety, and well-being of developmentally disabled residents. As the LPN, I am responsible for medication administration, respiratory/ tracheotomy/suctioning management, G-tube feedings and care, wound dressing, direct patient care, overseeing RI tasks, monitoring medical, physical and behavioral changes in individuals on a daily basis, clearly documenting any issues in clients’ files using the DAR formula for charting and reporting to DDS.
Not really a forgiving company
Awake Overnight Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTMarch 11, 2018
They don't believe in second chances as a whole. I feel like people are entitled to making mistakes and if they learn from them, they should be forgiven. CRI doesn't believe in that and I question the integrity of the company and the mission statement they stand behind.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 26, 2018
Working with this company is a learning process and has thought me to be more patient in life. The environment is stress free if no incidents happens and if you have any incidents happens please do your incidents report and be more accurate.
Pros
Stress free environment
Cons
You will be fired if found sleeping
Struggle with positive feedback
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTFebruary 7, 2018
Company that does not promote the good of its workers. This company also minimizes growth within the company and shows a lack of diversity in upper management.
Worst place to work
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTFebruary 5, 2018
CRI doesnt care about their employees. They'll fire a single homeless mother instead of other disiplinary actions due to circumstances. They demand so much but have not given the staff any raises. Management isnt helpful. Super visiors will go on vaction and leave the clients with no food. Most of the time you dont even see the managers. They will take benefits away from residential staff due to "budget cuts" but wont cut pay from those getting paid more than residential staff. Their staff has to work two or more jobs to support a family and to fight off eviction notices and CRI doesnt care or try to pay their staff more.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY RESIDENCES INC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about