Community Resources for Justice Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
It was a relaxing at sometimes and stressful in certain situations
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Shirley, MAJune 14, 2018
It's not a bad place to work if that's what you want to do till you retire. there are opportunities to grow in the company but it wasn't for me due to the school scheduling conflicts
Pros
Very relax and overtime was always available
Cons
Getting pulled to other locations due to short staffing
Dedicated Team
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 24, 2018
I had a great supervisor and an excellent team at our house, it is a challenging place to work. I think the people we worked with really need our help. I appreciated the opportunity to work at CRJ.
Pros
Flexible hours, Overtime
Cons
I would like more day hours
Not the best place to work.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 12, 2018
Your work day could be anywhere from 1 to 16 hours, there was very little management support. Bringing issue's to your supervisor was encouraged, but nothing was done about your concerns. There was to much favoritism from supervisor and staff, and to much lying went on. The best part of the job were the individual's I cared for.
Cons
No real lunch breaks and pay was very low.
Not worth the money at all
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winchendon, MAJanuary 20, 2018
Don't get me wrong the clients for the most part were amazing the staff, the management was horrible They treated you like you are nothing more than a warm body to keep the place going so they didnt have to bother to come in the pay was very little for the amount of work you have to do and even worse if something happened to you in one of the more aggressive houses you have to chase them down to cover your bills or the "payed" time off they promise you this was by far the worst place i have ever worked it turned me off from wanting to work in places like this ever again i do not Recommend working here at all and will never step foot in this place again
Pros
Over time
Cons
No breaks at all little to nothing for raises and they DO NOT value their employees
Management could care less
Assistant Clinician (Former Employee) –  Shirley, MAJanuary 18, 2018
After weeks of being severely sexually harassed and assaulted, management proved that they did not care about me as a loyal employee. Extremely disappointed.
Pros
mileage
Absolutely awful
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winchendon, MADecember 6, 2017
This company is terrible, the managers and supervisors are all having intercourse with each other, they make a million different rules for each house, the lazy employees get to keep their jobs and do absolutely nothing all and the good employees get mistreated or fired because they refuse to abuse the individuals. This place is absolutely terrible and I would not recommend this company to anyone unless you’re a power hungry, abusive, evil person.
Pros
Cons
This company literally stole all of my time and tossed me aside
no perks
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2017
essentially zero perks at CRJ. very little vacation/sick time. no socialization for employees. never any catered lunches or holiday parties. very few holidays off (only major ones)
Awesome place to work.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 5, 2017
Great place to work. The people are friendly, the job while can be stressful is very rewarding. the company takes great pride in there employees and there clients.
Pros
Friendly accomadating, pleasent place to work.
Cons
can be stressfull
okay place to work
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MASeptember 29, 2017
CRJ was not a terrible place. I just think I have reached the potential I am able to reach here. No room for growth - no compensation for experience etc
Pros
time off
Cons
pay sucks
Do not work here
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Walpole, MASeptember 24, 2017
Management is a joke!

Company does not pay enough in wages
YET
employees are expected to use their own cars and their own gas to transport clients here, there and every where!

The only thing good about this place was a few co workers. The benefit package is pretty good!
Benefits
Cons
Low wages, management is a JOKE
Horrible place to work for.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winchendon, MASeptember 19, 2017
You think you're doing something great ( working with people who need help) so you ignore the fact that management is using you like a rag doll. I worked 70+ hours a week there. Once I got hurt in a restraint it's like I was a horrible employee. I put everything into that place just to get treated like garbage . I wouldn't recommend this company to my enemies.
Pros
Cons
Not enough pay, no breaks, horrible management
ok
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MASeptember 11, 2017
jobs good staff are helpful clients are good would highly recomend working there. very friendly enviortment people are helpful and everyone works togther
No support from management, horrible compensation
Program Monitor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2017
Absolute worst company I've ever worked for. I cannot believe that this place is still running. Upper management was so rarely in the building that residents who had been living at the program 3+ months STILL had never seen their faces, and barely knew their names. Unless you're upper management, you're getting paid an embarrassing amount and working 10+ hours extra a week just to finish your work load OR cover for other people's shifts, since they're too cheap to hire new staff. The turnover rate has to be record breaking. The residents are more willing and likely to support the staff than management is. Overall a sad, sad establishment that is in desperate need of a new director.
Pros
Near Starbucks
Cons
Everything else
Terrible Management, Ignorant HR department.
MAP Certified Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 15, 2017
This is one of the worst companies you'll find in Massachusetts. Before leaving CRJ I personally reported dozens of employees for stealing from Clients, incorrectly distributing medications, falsifying documents, stealing from the company and for directly placing Clients in harms way. Almost nothing came of this, nearly everything was swept under the rug and most of these employees were actually promoted to manager and supervisor positions. If you're looking for a place where you can pick-on, harm and steal from mentally handicapped people then this is the place for you.
Pros
Unlimited overtime.
Cons
Stressful, Very unprofessional and unorganized Management.
Very good place to work. Great staff.
Landscape Laborer (Current Employee) –  2 altieri ct, Milford MA.August 4, 2017
My typical day at work is wlasy very good as i have to work by myself haven taken instructions on what to do and what is expoected of me.

The management is very encouraging and trhe staff members are very helpful.

Great healthcare plan is in place and should there be any work hazzard, the management takes it up without descrimination.
Pros
Greta staff and management.
Cons
Would have loved to work on a differnet level.
Awful company from the top down.
Meaningful Day Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wendell, MAJuly 31, 2017
CRJ is doomed for failure and this breaks my heart to write this as the clients(patients) really do deserve more than they get. In my time working there I saw multiple instances of fraud, client abuse, theft from clients, a daily onslaught of verbal abuse and degradation towards the disabled as well as staff assaults on clients. When problems are reported the buddy system takes precedent over client safety and well being . This is hands down the worst company I've ever worked for and I've always left previous employers on wonderful terms. CRJ doesn't have it in them to allow this to happen. The worst infraction is the "team" working as the employee advocates in Human Resources HATES CRJ employees and never completes a task without major attitude and never correctly. Avoid these people like the plague.
Pros
Great client experience
Cons
Crj
Challenging and rewarding.
Office Manager, Medication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 25, 2017
Working with individuals with disabilities is my passion. It is unfortunate that CRJ needed to close their doors in the CT operation. Working with clients and staff has been the most satisfying piece of my position. Working with the Boston team from a distance has had its challenges but overall very positive. I would have stayed in my position with this company for as many years as possible had they not shut the doors. My day was filled with diversity not limited to be including monthly reporting, payroll for CT, personnel records, staff expense and mileage reporting, scheduling trainings as needed, medication coordinator, approving all supply orders, petty cash and so much more.
Pros
Staff, administration, hours were 8 hours including lunch
Cons
salary
hated the irresposible staff
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  West Boylston, MAJuly 19, 2017
typical day at work was ok easy and calm. i learned that ther is a lot more lazy people that work for these kinds of companies. management was ok. the culture was out of this world. the hardest part was the restraints most enjoyable was the clients
Not productive, dont follow mission statement, no management
Program Monitor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2017
I work at the female inmate facilty and is the worst. Management is never there. They only show up on or twice a week or not all at. They are always depending on PM to run things. Residents are not hold accountable for anything neither does staff. People call out more than they come to work or are always running late. They expect people to get stuck if thier relief is not coming. There is no breaks or lunches, even if you work 16 plus hours in a day.
Pros
tons of overtime
Cons
bad schedule, toxic work environment, terrible management
I like working in a place that keeps me busy and has tasks for me to do.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  2087 petersham rd athol maApril 26, 2017
Over all not a bad place but could have used more sturucture and known tasks that's needed to be done. They needed to let new workers know more about what they needed to do and be done at the work place and not figure it out on their own.
Pros
Community outings
Cons
No scheduled breaks