Community Resources for Justice
Happiness rating is 49 out of 100

Community Resources for Justice Employee Reviews

United States125 reviews

houseclientovertimesupportresidentindividualstaffcare

Employees were commendable as they do their best to ensure the clients needs are being met.

Its decent but management sucks. They will take a long time to respond when an employee has immediate issues with whats happening in the program. Not very proactive.

You do not want to work for this company they do not care about their staff

Community resource for justice suck the pay rate is very low for all the work that you do higher up do not care about their staff all they care about is having a body in the building

Community Resources for Justice insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Awful work environment

The upper management is a joke… No help, makes things worse for the programs, they lie to make themselves look good, pass the blame on to the next person.

Rewarding

I’ve worked for the company for quite a few years now. The pay may not be the best but its a very rewarding job. You become attached to the individuals you serve. It’s always so great to see them living their best life. I feel we generally have a great staff and everyone is typically happy. Management could not be more flexible. I’ve never had any issues getting time off whether its planned ahead of time or I call 20 minutes before my shift with an emergency. They are always very accommodating! They always seem to be helpful in any and all aspects of the job.

Great Growth

I was here and saw there were employees who advanced further in the company and it gives you motivation. The supervisors and management are very open and supportive. They are sure to help and train you whenever you need. They also offer you a lot of certifications and more hours if you ever need.

Awful place to work

Directors don't help managers at all. Instead they pawn there work onto the managers who already have too much work. Directors tell the managers do whatever you need to do to make things look good. Then lie when things don't go right. Constantly told we are just body's and are replaceable.

Clueless bosses

There are bosses that tell you to do one thing and then 12 other things on top of it all. Favoritism, nepotism too. Probably the worst company I’ve worked for

Overworked and understaffed

Constant call-outs by front desk staff leaving administration to pick up the slack. Staff are never held accountable for no-call no shows and even sleep on shift. Staff whether administration or front-desk are referred to as “warm bodies” and replaceable. There is no work/life balance because there is always an open shift that needs to be covered and you are expected to answer your phone even when you are not on call. Salary does not match the level of responsibility and tasks.

There is not resources or justice

I wish I stayed away too much was going all this talk about the non important stuff instead of dealing with real issues, no one respect each other, etc

Plenty of overtime, but not enough staff and pay is lower than competition

Great place to work if you want overtime. They are working on getting staff and there is advancement possible. Pay is lower than other similar companies in the area.

Pros

Plenty of overtime if you want it

Cons

Not enough staff, lower pay

Low pay, demeaning job.

Mandatory 16 hours on weekends. Company doesn't care about the staff or clients, just the income from the clients. Sadly, they will hire anyone, and not get rid of the people that do nothing.

Great for those who want to help people in need but low pay

Working here is amazing and worth it but the pay is very low compared to the work that needs to be done. There are days that are worse than others and those are the days that make me question the pay. There is room for growth but you need to be flexible and want to help.

Like other reviewers stated, management sucks.

The organization is unorganized. Management is impossible to contact. Calls and messages regarding urgent matters go unanswered leaving direct care staff to make decisions meant for upper management only for them to turn around and tell you how you should have done it differently.

Pros

Plenty of overtime

Cons

Lack of support from upper management Over worked/ under paid Protocol supersedes compassion always

Rewarding and encouraging place to work.

I have been with the company a little over a year and it has been so rewarding. In my previous job I didn't feel support from the top and here I get support from the top down. They are always looking for ways to help us become better at our job and offer flexibility that has worked for me and my family.

Pros

encouragement, flexibility and competitive wages.

Great mission, great people

CRJ has an amazing history and great people. Like everywhere there are improvements to be made, and the HR team and executive leaders are working on improvements every day. It was a great place to work and I'd recommend it to others.

Pros

Opportunities for growth, strong HR support

Cons

Can be overly beaurocratic, low startind pay due to contract limitations

Staff not treated well or compensated appropriately.

Community Resources for Justice overall structure and Management have a lot of concerns. Unfortunately staff and Lower level Manager/Supervisors are treated as expendable and morale is very poor. There is a negative culture that exists in many aspects of the company with no urgency to fix. CSMA Leaders are the worst of the group they continue to create a work culture that is very negative while offering no support during these very difficult times. Seniority and loyalty mean nothing they continue to lift starting wages and keep everyone's pay the same. Retention is possibly the poorest I have ever seen in a company with a group of leaders who don't care enough to make appropriate changes.

Cons

Salary but have to work a lot of extra hours

Family Oriented

I’ve been with CRJ for almost 3 years and I have never had an experience like it. I truly feel part of a family. There’s a deep sense of team work and fulfillment and to be in a small but growing company like CRJ keeps you connected with one another. Helping individuals who have been previously incarcerated is not only a joy but a sense of purpose and fulfilment. Being a veteran from the military I can see why CRJ relates to me so much. A duty to serve others is the reason why I joined.

Pros

Teamwork and Benefits

Cons

Busy Schedule

Awful low pay

Bad place to work low pay no support from upper management. Burn out job. They lie. They play favorites. Clients were the best part of the job watching them succeed..

Pros

Clients

Cons

Some days are easier than others but serving humans is a vocation and its joyful

Working with CRJ for 3 years has been a true live's experience. Some days are glorious but there are gory days too. It is satisfactory for me and fulfilling to be of service, even when it is difficult. The training process in CRJ is great and timely. Most days are interesting with activities from doctor's appointments to meaningful day activities, and it gets easy when service is the primary motivation. The work culture is nice and we get paid for every hours spent on the job. The job is quite relaxing but dealing with humans turns to be difficult especially when dealing with persons with disabilities and behaviors. I like the job because it is like a vocation but as a vocation, the payment is still a little under the level of competing non-profit making companies around, even though CRJ has some great benefits.

Pros

The staff is lively and there are always possibilities of working overtime, taking individuals on vacation and being paid, and the joy of working in human service.

Cons

Sometimes individuals are really hard and can be brutal too, Some individual's care would require a pay and experience of CNAs.

Great Learning and Supportive

Have been working for close to 2 yrs now and l am enjoying my work with the support of my staff and the two RD{Residential Director}. I have been able to Learn so many things that l might not be able to Learn in my MSc degree.

Pros

Awesome Environment

Cons

Short of Staffs

Positive Workplace Culture

The most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunity I have to contribute. One of our three divisions provides direct care to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. I am responsible for the helping our Directors and Program Managers hire staff that will provide nothing but exceptional care to our clients. I retired from the Military and have family members with similar disabilities. Community Resources for Justice has allowed me to serve in a different type of way and continue working in a job that has purpose. There is a "family" type of atmosphere that fosters teamwork and a drive to work even harder.

Pros

Benefits, Flexibility, Growth Opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Resources for Justice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight