Community Services Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very stressful/non equal place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 6, 2018
I would never recommend anyone to work there even if csg was the last place to work. The management is terrible, the pay is bad for what they ask u to do. The want u to be transportation, a dsp, and a janitor all in one for 12 dollars and hour. They are limited in vans to take clients out so u have to use ur car that the clients are not insured in. The mangers are very condensing, and only about self. Mangers don’t know clients nor staff no matter how long u or clients been there. Their never in ratio nor do the plan anything with the clients to be intergrated in the community. I can say the clients are nice.,but that’s about it. The managers interview u and tell u all this stuff about what they do to help the clients but it’s all a lie. Most clients sit in the rooms and sleep all day. There is favoritism and racism that they try deny. Mangers talk about u to others in the rooms everyone knows you business. It’s just bad
Pros
Cons
Everything about
Typical Care Taking Job
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 26, 2018
This job comes with the typical stress factors of any care taking position. Most employees feel underpaid and under trained. Job security is nice. Some days are worse/better than other days.
I worked there 17 years ago and have no idea how things are now
Community Residential Rehabilitation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 24, 2018
Honestly do not feel comfortable commenting on what it is like to work there now. There are many different departments and employment options, I worked in, what I think was called, the assisted living program.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Schedule could change when employees called off.
Don't waste your time, Very Poor Management!!
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  HarrisburgOctober 10, 2018
The job itself is not bad but a lot to learn. However, if you do not catch on fast enough and kiss butt you better believe management will do what she can to get you to leave. Most training is on computer. You have very little job shadowing. You are expected to just go out and do the job. If you have an on call position and your out all night you better plan on working that morning as well. Was up for 3 days straight with on call and having to go into the office. Wanted just a few hours off to get some sleep and management told me "that is what on call is about". Major favoritism in this workplace with management. If you work here, plan on kissing butt so your not on the wrong end. I would look elsewhere as no one deserves to be treated the way management treats you here, unless you kiss butt then you may be okay. This place is a joke and very unprofessional!!!!!!!! Good luck if you accept a position here.
Pros
flexible, Company Cars
Your introduction to Human Services
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Steelton, PAOctober 1, 2018
Quality people run the operation in Steelton (here I worked) and honestly do the best they can with what they've got. It is a difficult environment and community to work with, but the right attitude helps. They help a lot of people with severe and acute mental illness get back into independent and supported living.
Pros
Relaxed environment, meet interesting people, help others in need
Cons
pay is low and the availability of hours fluctuates greatly for p/t
Adult Program...awful to work at!! Residential was decent!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 25, 2018
The Adult program (New Holland Avenue location) was not at all a good place to work! No team environment whatsoever, and really no training time at all, as they seem to be short staffed continually!!
For anyone thinking about CSG, go for office work, or Residential...stay far away from the Adult program!!!
Pros
Residential in the homes work is decent, pay is fair.
Cons
Adult program is awful to work for..no training, no team, makes a new person feel unwelcome!!!
Heavy work load many open positions low coverage
Residential Group Home Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 4, 2018
Low pay for pressure to perform Excellent quality work. overworked employees and management that do not care about their workers. I work many different shifts due to staff shortages.
support directive
Direct Support Provider (Former Employee) –  Mountville, PAAugust 21, 2018
Helped the clients with what they needed. Take clients to work and out to different restaurant to become a member of society. Also distributed their medication to them in the mornng
Allot of nice people. Staff and clients
Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PAAugust 15, 2018
It's not a bad place to work. You get to meet allot of people and become friends with them. My day starts sometimes at 5:00 in the morning or sometimes at 5:30. The hardest part is when the clients don't obey the rules and let you know if they are going or not. Some wait until the staff gets there and calls in to say that they want to go and I am already on the road. I then have to make a second trip to pick them up.
Pros
You work a split shift
Cons
Some don't obey the rules.
taking care of mentaly chalenged peaple
Residential Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 31, 2018
was a good place to work for, always something new. The pay was comparable to the job. Made me feel good knowing I was making a difference in someone's life.
Pros
good hours
Cons
sometimes difficult patients to take care of
great job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 26, 2018
as always, the individuals in this kind of job is what makes the job heartfelt. They are the reason most of us enjoy our jobs here. management is generally compassionate about life situations. it is a set schedule and some of the set shifts are not cool, but some people may need those days and hours. otherwise, this is a great place to work
Pros
the individuals we serve
Cons
minimal pay raises
Rewarding job
Alternate Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at Community. I worked with great families and clients. The clients abilities varied and the job I performed could not be limited to any one specific task, but I liked that about the job I did with CSG. My only reason for seeking other employment was I did not make enough money to pay for all my bills and expenses.
worst place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 27, 2018
Management is out for their selves and do not help staff. They do not approve your days off a lot. Benefits are ok, some staff you work with are alright while others would through you under the bus to protect themselves.
Poor management
Mental health direct support specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlas, PAJune 25, 2018
The residents are great and some of the staff are great to work with. You have favorites in the place so things that's shouldn't be overlooked are when it's certain people. The program director doesn't wanna hear any issues going on. Pto is supposed to be good but you can't use it unless you find someone to cover your shift. If you actually do your job then you won't be treated the way u should be.
Pros
Residents, health insurance, some staff
Cons
Management, favoritism, can't use pto
Great company to work for
Mental Health Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring Grove, PA 17362June 22, 2018
Great company to learn and grow in if you have the right management. Great benefits and tons of time off. I have learned a lot since beginning with this company.
Good program & people
Support (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 15, 2018
Good work, caring company, but pay could be better. Little room for advancement. Hours not always enough for some staff. Sometimes chaotic in day programs but generally treat people very well.
Pros
friendly & caring administrators
Cons
pay, limited advancement
Good place to work, but understaffed
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Catawissa, PAJune 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time at CSG. The staff got along pretty well, and the individuals were great to work with. The only complaint I have is that CSG does not promote themselves well enough to spur awareness of employment. We were consistently understaffed.
Pros
Good work environment, great staff
Cons
Not enough staff
Poor management, low pay, STRESSFUL place to work
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 16, 2018
If you like to work for a company who gives you NO raises and keeps piling more and more work on you, than this is the place to work. If you like to work with managers who are hypocrites, then again, this is the place to work. Finally, if you want to work with a manager who has no empathy or any idea how to properly handle staffs' needs, than this is the place you want to work for. Good Luck!
pleasant atmosphere
Group Home Advisor/Supervisor, Liz Snyder (Former Employee) –  Mountville, PA 17554May 3, 2018
Community Service was a great place to work. The residents were a pleasure to assist. The families were very involved in the resident's life which was very nice to see.
Pros
schedule
Cons
short staffed
Employee (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 29, 2018
Good place for either a person first starting out, or wanting a lasting career. Good chances for advance with and without schooling. Man diverse work experiences/opportunities.
Pros
Good benefits, good staff (most of the time), nice working environment, embraces technology advancements, good communication with employees
Cons
Hires people that are unqualified at times, keeps people on board who should be terminated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Services Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight