Community Services Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
worst place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 27, 2018
Management is out for their selves and do not help staff. They do not approve your days off a lot. Benefits are ok, some staff you work with are alright while others would through you under the bus to protect themselves.
Poor management
Mental health direct support specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlas, PAJune 25, 2018
The residents are great and some of the staff are great to work with. You have favorites in the place so things that's shouldn't be overlooked are when it's certain people. The program director doesn't wanna hear any issues going on. Pto is supposed to be good but you can't use it unless you find someone to cover your shift. If you actually do your job then you won't be treated the way u should be.
Pros
Residents, health insurance, some staff
Cons
Management, favoritism, can't use pto
Great company to work for
Mental Health Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring Grove, PA 17362June 22, 2018
Great company to learn and grow in if you have the right management. Great benefits and tons of time off. I have learned a lot since beginning with this company.
Good program & people
Support (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 15, 2018
Good work, caring company, but pay could be better. Little room for advancement. Hours not always enough for some staff. Sometimes chaotic in day programs but generally treat people very well.
Pros
friendly & caring administrators
Cons
pay, limited advancement
Good place to work, but understaffed
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Catawissa, PAJune 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time at CSG. The staff got along pretty well, and the individuals were great to work with. The only complaint I have is that CSG does not promote themselves well enough to spur awareness of employment. We were consistently understaffed.
Pros
Good work environment, great staff
Cons
Not enough staff
Poor management, low pay, STRESSFUL place to work
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 16, 2018
If you like to work for a company who gives you NO raises and keeps piling more and more work on you, than this is the place to work. If you like to work with managers who are hypocrites, then again, this is the place to work. Finally, if you want to work with a manager who has no empathy or any idea how to properly handle staffs' needs, than this is the place you want to work for. Good Luck!
pleasant atmosphere
Group Home Advisor/Supervisor, Liz Snyder (Former Employee) –  Mountville, PA 17554May 3, 2018
Community Service was a great place to work. The residents were a pleasure to assist. The families were very involved in the resident's life which was very nice to see.
Pros
schedule
Cons
short staffed
Employee (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 29, 2018
Good place for either a person first starting out, or wanting a lasting career. Good chances for advance with and without schooling. Man diverse work experiences/opportunities.
Pros
Good benefits, good staff (most of the time), nice working environment, embraces technology advancements, good communication with employees
Cons
Hires people that are unqualified at times, keeps people on board who should be terminated
Great flexibility if you work PRN
Mental Health Direct Support (Current Employee) –  Central PAApril 25, 2018
CSG offers great flexibility if you're working PRN (as needed). That's the one thing that has me contemplating whether or not I want to give up this job; I worry that I wont find another part time job that's as flexible.

The pay, for a PRN job, isn't bad. However, I definitely couldn't survive on that if I worked full time. I'm not sure how others do, especially those who have kids.

The location I work at is a stressful environment mostly due to staff. The atmosphere is constant negativity, no teamwork, arguing, etc. It's unprofessional and nothing is ever done about it, despite having brought up concerns/ideas/suggestions to management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unprofessional work place, low pay, drama
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Lock Haven, PAMarch 31, 2018
Management was easy to get along with and work with. A normal work day is bathing, feeding, cleaning, laundry and more. The residents were enjoyable to be around. The bad part of the job was giving them there medicine.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Giving medicine

Want to know more about Community Services Group, Inc.?

Ask a question
I loved working there.
Direct Services Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 28, 2018
I enjoyed working with the Mental Health population. I found myself wanting to do more for them then I was so called allowed to. I learned so many things about myself as well as the programs provided to the consumers. I gained confidence in myself as a care provider. CSG is an exceptional company and I am proud to had worked there

The Director of the program I was involved in was great. My immediate Supervisor was also very good. The middle manager over my immediate supervisor appeared to have favorites, it was obvious. I was not one of them. She would not allow me to do anything extra for the residents. Such as was not allowed to transport items to one of the residents in my program so the grandfather did not have to make the 60 mile round trip. I will never understand that. She denied anything I wanted to do for them.

The only recommendation I have is controlling the schedules for PRNs or trainees. There was inequity in how the hours were assigned. It wasn't organized except for on a calendar. If you were lucky enough to get on the calendar or were part of a cliche you received hours.

The hardest part of the job was seeing residents suffer from their illnesses, understanding that some may never recover or cannot.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making my residents laugh, dancing and singing with them. I enjoyed listening to and conversing with each and everyone of them. I would provide cigarettes, soda, candy and some cash when they were running low. And the best part is seeing the residents progress within their recovery. It is
  more... a beautiful thing.  less
Pros
I felt it was a good wage and believe that CSG does a lot for their employees.
Cons
No schedule when there could be for PRNs. Inequity of hours alloted.
awesome
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Mountville, PA 17554March 21, 2018
Awesome to work for, great residents, staff , enjoyable , recommend highly, cleaning, cooking, growth , smiles, fun with the job and position, job security is great
Management in dire need of sensitivity training...and A LOT of it!
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 16, 2018
There is no employee interaction unless you are established. Favoritism and cut-throat ethics are rampant in the Harrisburg location. Management offers NO constructive criticism but plenty acknowledgement of an employee's short comings. If you are excited to receive all training of the job from online courses and webinars, minus in-person shadowing or guidance, this job is for you! Good luck...the turnover is VERY high! Go ahead, accept a job position with this organization and particular location and let us know how it works out for you...
Pros
Company cars provided for travel and somewhat decent salary
Cons
EVERYTHING other than access to compan cars for travel and a somewhat decent salary
It’s okay
Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 6, 2018
Working with kids is amazing, however, the hours are awful. You’re not guaranteed hours as a tss. In my experience I put In more than what I received from the job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
its a ok place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAFebruary 28, 2018
csg is a decent place to work the staff is sketchy. i loved the work i was doing just not my co workers that did what was best for them an d not the clients
Pros
learn new things
Cons
the drama
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Mountville, PAFebruary 27, 2018
Great job, competitive and great training east to work for and flexible. A lot of support they care about their individuals. Benefits perks. Pay rate is also good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
If you like to be micro-managed...this is the place for you.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster County, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Worked here for over 10 years. I had to leave because I felt I was forced out of my job. The micro-managing became so terrible that it became impossible for me to do my job. My direct manager at the time I left would not listen to any suggestions that were made and everything had to be her way, no exceptions. Also, it seemed that no matter how hard you worked, it was hardly ever recognized. If it was, there was always a nice little comment made like, "You did good, BUT..... In addition, the pay was terrible for the amount of work that was placed on you and you hardly ever received a raise. In fact, it was more important for CSG to give out BLUE BUCKS to employees than real money. Good luck if you choose to work for this company!!
Pros
Gained Experience
Cons
Micro-managing, no raises, low pay
Good job with some downsides
Direct Supports Provider (Current Employee) –  Catawissa, PAFebruary 8, 2018
A good job that is a rewarding experience working with people with disabilities. Only problems is being short staffed can cause issues getting time off at times.
Pros
Good staff to work with, reliable schedule
Cons
Staffing issues, pay, time off can be difficult at times
Work Experience
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 8, 2018
Learned different strategies and interventions with individuals with special needs. Team worked well together and had each other's back. When problems occurred we worked together as a team to come up with solutions.
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
Not able to get enough hours
Management is horrible, unfair, play favorites
Behavorial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 6, 2018
Management is poor, communication is a struggle. You get different answers from different management then get disciplined for something you were told to do. Lack of support, require you to be overworked to the point there is no way to keep up with the job load and then let’s just fire you for no reason without ever being written up....really professional!
Pros
Salary
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Services Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight