Community Services Employee Reviews

As an IT
Caregiver for senior citizens (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 20, 2018
I have passion about data processing because i believe in systematic order. Collecting data and organizing it into meaningful records is such a delight
test of patience
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 4, 2018
I have nothing to say about the job its a good job but the company lack communication within its own. Management is not the best, and I don't believe they don't like to work with there employees to help keep there jobs.
Cons
communication
I am a Mom currenrly wantining to get back into work
Mom (Current Employee) –  Kennedale, TXMarch 28, 2018
I love being a stay at home mother, but its time to start working. my second child is starting school and she will be out of the house, so this will be a new chapter
Assess a person's resume
Special Needs Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 1, 2018
Each patient's culture diversities are not typical, so I consider each patient as atypical person and situation. Specially, when I assess the patient, I consider many facts to patient's concern and considerations.
Pros
Not have enought time to think...
Cons
Meet new persons
Productive and stimulating and challenging
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 24, 2018
My experience has been very rewarding and a value cannot be placed on the level of growth and experience I have gained. I would recommend the experience to anyone who wants to help others.
horrible company
Assist people with developmental disabilities (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2018
the only positive thing about this company is working with the people they support. the compensation isn't even worth coming to work for. The HR department doesn't return calls in a timely manner. your paycheck is almost always wrong and they give your personal information out to anyone in the company looking for coverage for a shift
management
Residential Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Providing day to day oversight of staff; ensuring staff are equipped with the necessary skills needed to provide correct and adequate services to the people we support.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
extensive work hours
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 2, 2018
understanding management always there to suport you. Work well as a team getting things done for the individuals we serve. Willing to work together to help there staff to make sure they have the trainging and skills for the job.
Student registered nurse
Registered Nurse Student (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 1, 2018
gave flu shot immunizations to students when I was in nursing school. this prepared me of how to relate to patients and how to interact with them as well
pk
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Oak Grove, KYFebruary 1, 2018
Ok place to work just no benifits at all other than paid time off days which you have to earn day shift fast paced second shif a little more relaxed third shift busy doing floors location is very beautiful managment is somewhat ok.

Want to know more about Community Services?

Ask a question
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 31, 2018
Work environment is very healthy, fun loving, productive, ready to adopt new changes, learning
Fun and rewarding
Craft Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 30, 2018
A typical day working at Christ The Good Shepard, is arriving at the church and getting everything ready to start the day. I learned how to be organized and time management. The workplace culture was very interesting the age rage was from small children to working with and older group of people. The hardest part of the job was gathering up all the children and trying to get them to sit down so they can take instructions on how to do the crafts. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the look on the kids face once they have completed their craft and how happy they looked at their outcome. The management was always fun to work for they helped provided direction when needed.
intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2018
I do intern work as a social work graduate student.
Mainly, it includes two parts.
First, learn how to help clients in different kinds of service work like benefits application, second language learning, job training etc.
Secondly, cooperate with the instructor on major projects and learn how to make improvement in the process.
Horible Managers
Direct Care Worker / Synod (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 4, 2018
The managers ( E.B) and supervisors (K.D) were HORRIBLE. they talk to people as if we are beneath them. they make such a laid back, relaxed job the most stressful job you can ever imagine to work at. Horrible! And Synod backs them both to the fulliest, so that makes them horrible too!
Its enjoyable
Tutoring (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 24, 2017
Is very enjoyable and fun and learned that kids can be less stressful sometimes.The management is helpful and workplace culture is relaxing.The hardest part of the job is to deal with kids that dont listen sometimes.
Pros
good food
Cons
many hours sometimes
The program is productive and interesting.
Vocational Counselor/ Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Montgomery Village, MDDecember 13, 2017
I work as " RSS" residential support staff.My day at work is always busy and challenging. I learn how to be professional and how to assist individuals that need to be helped. The management offer the employees training from time to time.
The hardest part of the job is to remain patients through out different individuals and situations at all times. The culture of the workplace is consist of professionalism , respect and hard wprk. The most enjoyable part of the job are the learning experience and the opportunity to help others who are not able to help themselves.
Pros
There is no free lunch as such.
Cons
Because of the nature of the job, there is break as such.
Community Services
Intern (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 29, 2017
Amazing , hard working people. Completely recommend to work for them. Fast paced and personal Fulfilling place to work if you have a heart for the community
Cons
The volunteer work was very easy and simple. Productive and great time management.The community were very nice and paid on time
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 27, 2017
The volunteer work was very easy. I just had to walk their dogs for two hour bring clean up after them then bring their pets back home back home. Cut their grass mince every two weeks and clean up after myself when I’m done
Pros
Free lunch, Extra tips
Cons
Good company to work for
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2017
There's room for advancement, lots of time off to prevent burn out. The staff for the most part we're good, some bad apples but that's to be expected working in this field (or anywhere, really). The individuals were awesome. I find myself thinking about them often. Just really hated being on call.
Pros
Individuals
Cons
Oncall
Excellent Work Place
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Maryland, U S ANovember 7, 2017
Coached Adults and Children.
Learn the importance of giving chance and believe that everything is possible with effort.
Excellent management and professional working environment.
Pros
Free Lunch