Community Solutions Inc Employee Reviews

Management not supportive, clients great to work with
Human Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJuly 28, 2018
Management does not support staff whatsoever. Not only are they often short staffed, many times employees are bending over backwards covering shifts and working a lot of overtime with no thank you or support from management for time away. Often times you’ll even be working alone, even though it’s against policy. Pay is not sufficient enough for the work and stress employees go through. Staff talks negatively about other staff. New staff follow policy while staff that have been employed for years do not and management does not care. They care more about the clients instead of staff, but at the same time don’t always help the clients with what they need and thus the clients take their frustration out on staff. If you want to gain experience with the clients, I recommend the experience but working with the horrible management is not entirely worth it.
Great Place
Multisystemic Therapist (MST) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2018
I love working in the community as an MST Therapist. There is no greater reward than seeing a family or individual set goals, work towards achieving them, and reap the benefits of their hard work.
Pros
Helping the community
Company review
Program Director II (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMay 1, 2018
It is a good company. I believe in it's mission statement. It is the type of work that there is never a dull moment. I am part of management and we help each other out.
Very bad work place!!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 22, 2018
This had to be the worse job I ever had. The management from the top with the CEO down to the supervisor was just terrible. The communication needs to be better, the job expectations are a lot higher than they should be for the pay.

This place was so unprofessional, I knew from my 3rd day I would not last long. It was just a matter of finding a new company.

Do yourself a favor and look over this job listing. They are always short staff, it is clear why!!

Pros
the clients
Cons
everything else
on call
Multi-Systemic Therapist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 19, 2018
hours were flexible which was a pro and a con, as your schedule revolved around the families you served. On-call 24/7 takes a toll on a person and leads to burnout.
Challenging yet compensating
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 1, 2018
Challenging cases yet rewarding to see successes. Great team to work with. Great manager. Have only good things to say about this non profit. Great op.
Worst Job I Ever Had
Human Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 27, 2018
This was by far the worst job I ever had. Quite possibly the worst management in the history of management. They do not care about their employees and do not have your back at all. This place is a revolving door at every level, no one stays for long. Do not even bother going in for an interview. It is really a horrible place to work, filled with people who hate their lives and you are vastly underpaid.
Cons
Poor Management, Low pay, potentially dangerous work
Productive environment with recreation for clients and staff including field trips to various locations
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 16, 2018
Community Solutions Inc was an excellent company to be employed with great benefits and a wonderful and caring staff. The work was fast paced but never boring. Working with parolees was challenging and provided may rewarding situations. Weekly supervision meeting with the director was very informative and supportive. The company provided verious training classes in Conn. every two months and participants received awards bases on their participation.
Pros
Wonderful cohesive staff
Cons
Travel distantace
Vindictive work site
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 13, 2018
Working with the clients was the most rewarding part of this position. Management, on one hand promotes the best, yet will find any excuse to terminate you if certain employees dislike you. You are required to manipulate fellow employees to get ahead. Case managers who do not want to see you succeed will twist situations to their satisfaction. I do not recommend working here unless you document every action you take. Be specific with every word you state. Do not have personal conversations with employees of any sort. Do not trust anyone who works there. You are basically a pawn in their atrocious game.
Pros
Finding out the clients are people
Cons
Finding out employees are worse than the clients
There is accountability with in the company
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 14, 2018
Managemant is pleasent
The workplace is very quiet
The hardest part is getting the field people to work together
Most enjoyable was 4 day work week.
Pros
pay is very low
Cons
work four 10 hr days
Worst job I ever had
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 15, 2017
CSI is by far the worst place I ever worked, very political and unorganized. Management will do everything to throw someone under the bus. There is no team bonding, it was almost like our supervisor was against us. I never delt with Micro management until I came here. If you want a stress free environment do not apply here.

The only pro working here are the clients. But when you work for such an unorganized and careless company, it starts to take the joy away from even the client interaction.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Everything else aside from the clients
Poor leadership and awful work expectations.
Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2017
Working at the Atlanta office was agony and defeat. I developed medical problems and anxiety there. Please reconsider!!! Sedgrid and Ty were appointed from Mars and were leading the staff to daily war battles through ineffective leadership and little guidance. The model is great but it doesn't apply to the demographic and population served. They are dogmatic and very passive aggressive...Run in the opposite direction.
Pros
Consistent pay.
Cons
Everything ...
Hard work
Community Counselor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 19, 2017
This job required you to work a lot of unpaid hours completing therapeutic notes, Court reports, Cat Reports, and monthly/weekly reports. Most times you weren't paid for extra hours worked while completing documentation.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Lots of unpaid worked hours
Fast paced, mentally challenging job
Human Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 19, 2017
Good stepping stone for criminal justice field, supervisors are really straightforward and give good advice. The pay is not sufficient based on daily tasks
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Low pay
Day at work
Case Manager Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 12, 2017
My typical work week can be stressful but enjoyable. I enjoy helpings others to makw changes in their life and become positive citizen in our community.
Pros
Employed
Cons
N/a
Good place to work.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Community Solutions, Inc. The staff were awesome! I always felt supported by my supervisor and team leaders and it was an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Supportive environment
great place
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2017
Working here is fun never a boring day always exciting. Meet great people from all backgrounds. Great training provided by company and advancement. Have learned alot working here.
Pros
good advancement
Cons
pay not great
Community Solutions, Inc.
Multisystemic Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLAugust 16, 2017
Immediate supervisor was professional, qualified. Some co-workers were competitive and cut-throat. One office staff member favored certain employees over others. Travel in local area involved in the work. Weekly (at rented office in next city) and monthly meetings with higher staff required at Orlando office.
Pros
Some flexibility in schedule, local travel.
Cons
Competitive coworker, favoritism by one office staff member.
MST at Community Solutions
Multisystemic Therapist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 28, 2017
If you are a seasoned therapist an MST therapist position at Community Solutions is probably not the job for you. MST calls for clinically micro-managing therapists to adhere to the model to ensure the model is being followed. A seasoned, well experienced therapist may find the over abundance of paperwork, supervision and consultation a bit much. This is a great position for a new clinician...lots of support, oversight and a great opportunity for some real clinical experience.
It's about the best pay you will get for a full-time therapist position at an non-for-profit. Good benefits. (you don't need a license so LPCs or LCSWs would do better in private practice or elsewhere)
In rural areas you could be in your car quite a bit...more time spent on the way sessions than actually working with clients.
Pros
good pay for an LPC at a non for profit
Cons
in rural areas you can be asked to drive an hour plus to clients' homes
home based
NJMST Program Director (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 18, 2017
Lots of transition and not enough support for employees. Company would benefit from restructuring. Typical day at work is not organized or planned. May be beneficial for new grads.