Community Support Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Company
Transportation Driver (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 22, 2018
Great people to work for. Love this job, but unfortunately, Im not getting enough hours. Every day we pick up clients and take them to their appointments. When they are done, they call us and we take them home. I have learned to be patient with people and care for those whom are mentally ill. There is no hard part, just need to have a heart.
Pros
Great people to work for and awesome clients.
Cons
Not enough hours, no benefits
I loved the people I worked with.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 8, 2017
My Supervisor was understanding and I believe she was the best Supervisor I ever had and working with other people was great. I also had a chance to take a position in Medical Records. I learned new skills from Medical Records.
Pros
Hours was good and the people I worked with.
Cons
Poor management, stressful and low pay for the job
Awake Overnight Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 21, 2017
The training period was intense and there is no time to really process all the information.
The hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with the clients behavior because they can be aggressive. You have to watch them at all time. The worst part is that the company has camera everywhere and in their residential they have more than 6 camera per house. That can be pretty annoyed sometimes due to the fact that even the clients don't have privacy in their own home nor the caregivers. In addition, supervisors verbally abuse caregivers sometimes. You spend your time caring for people going from feeding them, assist them in bathroom and they can have accident all day long and supervisors don't even show appreciation. that can be so frustrating. No holidays, you work 365 days/365days, No overtime. If you want to take days off, you are responsible to find your own back up.
Pros
outdoors with clients
Cons
no paid holiday.
productive and meet new people
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 30, 2017
I love working here everyone is nice. Great place to work! You feel a sense of wealth helping people here. It is very good pay for the job. Im only part time hoping to become full time.
Rewarding Work
IA (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 31, 2017
The job is stressful, but so rewarding. The people we serve make the job so worthwhile. Sometimes communication breaks down from top to bottom, which can be difficult. It is great that you can work other contracted hours or sub for additional wages.
This is a tough job, you MUST love your work
Vocational Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 12, 2017
This company operates on a shoe string and has many challenges that make the working environment a challenge. The work is extremely rewarding but you must love your job because you will not be compensated for your labor.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Everything besides rewarding work
Caring Minds
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bunkie, LAApril 6, 2017
Community Support Services, Inc. is dedicated to establishing rapport and providing support to its variety of clients--both children and adults with challenging disabilities. Community Support Services, Inc., is also dedicated to the mental, physical, and spiritual health of its employees. There is constant training and updated material being provided to us. I do this part-time because I have a full-time job as a teacher. I visit clients in their homes and provide constructive counseling support to help them manage their daily lives in spite of their disabilities. The hardest part of the job is when clients are not truthful because it becomes more difficult to address any problems they are having. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people and seeing the difference/progress that is actually being made in their lives. This job has taught me how to be more accepting of people and to respect people and their differences.
Pros
family environment; physical, mental, and spiritual support; calming office atmosphere; helping others who need it the most
Cons
not being able to help some clients to better themselves
Fun workplace and with great workers
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 16, 2015
Had the most fun at this job. Co-workers were great and supervisors were very honest and chill. Even thought this is a top notch work place, they helped you every step of the way and made sure you made no mistakes and if you did they helped you fix them.
The population we serve are wonderful, interesting, funny and intellegent.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 5, 2012
A typical day at work is none stop motion. From the time I walk in to the time I leave, I am constantly on the move. I'm checking the building, assisting staff with room set ups, complications, searching information, answering questions, fixing machines, locating staff or consumers and checking different things that need to be addressed, throughout the office.

The hardest part of my job is the lack of general communication between staff.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the consumers. The continuous joy the consumers have brought to me over the years is priceleess. Each day I learn something new, behaviorally and emotionally. I also learn new things about my self in dealing with them.
Pros
we have many different and interesting events throughtout the year.
Cons
we do not get paid holidays.