Community Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Supported Persons are great, management is poor
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTMay 4, 2019
Working for the supported persons was amazing, rewarding, and fun. However management was atrocious.
We (my team in my house) was so short staffed our manager had us picking up hours and working 50+ hours a week (per staff member). Threatened us with write ups because we didn't want to break company policy (3rd shift wasn't allowed to drive or pass meds unless it's an emergency, but we were driving and passing meds). Told us we would be written up if we called out.
The summer before I left I was pregnant and came down with a stomach bug, followed by the flu. My manager wouldn't help me find coverage and threatened me with write ups and a chat with the executive director if I didn't come in.
I worked up until 11 days before I gave birth and the manager made rumors about me that I purposely went out "early" to mess up her scheduling.
Pros
Memories with individuals
Cons
Management, hours, pay
House managers are very Under trained
Direct Support Professional (DSP)Professional (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, DEApril 5, 2019
Community systems is a great company with great individuals/ Clients However the turn over is high they have a open door Policy for any problems but does nothing but Sweep everything under the rug. The employees are not team players and they will work you until you can’t work no home/job balance supervisors will call you anytime day or night.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No team players
group home
Educator Counselor (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTMarch 26, 2019
With poor support group work can be extremely stressful. With a good work environment and united team the job can be more than enjoyable. The idea that there is never an annual raise lowers the productivity of employees.
Pros
vacation
Cons
no raises
It a fun working environment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 6, 2019
I love the people I surrounding my self with. And I also like my job that I'm doing, helping people with Disabilities and in path change in their lives. Also create different pathway for them.
Place of integrity
Supports Leader (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 3, 2019
The executive director is a fair man. When things are not operating as he wish he will allow the person or persons involved to receive more training if needed and a chance to redeem oneself. He is also a person who.leads bu example.
Pros
The standard are set high
Cons
Every leader is not as integral
a casual work place
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTFebruary 10, 2019
I enjoyed working for Community Systems and would accept a position with the company again.
The training CSI offers is thorough and efficient.
Management is fair and they advocate for the individuals that are under their care.
Pros
CSI offers many incentives
Cons
their full time employment is only 32 hours; no overtime
Assisting individuals with disabilities to live their best lives. Fun and exciting place to work.
Assistant Manager, Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 21, 2019
A great team to work for. Very exciting adventures to explore, while helping other to live at their fullest potential. Very cleaning and particular about work appearance.
Stressful yet enjoyable
Educator/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 3, 2019
working with people with disabilities can be challenging and rewarding. At times management was not around to be of any assistance making times stressful.
Very active and physical work
Educator/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTDecember 13, 2018
The work chores were not as stressful as it was to deal with unmotivated staff. Management did provided the support but for some this line of work was an opportunity to make money doing nothing.
No support from upper managment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTNovember 16, 2018
Does not follow their own mission. Very little support From upper managment. Lots of favouritism. High volume of staff turnover. Salariwd employees arw overworked!
iffy company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 21, 2018
This is by far the worst company to work for! the culture is horrible and there is no work life balance. They expect you to dedicate yourself to the company while not being compensated. the house in Arlington is the worst!!! The Managers do not know how to mange effectively nor communicate.
Pros
I see no pros
Cons
benefits, culture, work life balance, hostile environment
each home differs
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Sandwich, MAOctober 1, 2018
each home i was placed in was a different family dynamic. cared for many wonderful clients with in a few towns. over all was a good work environment and had some great coworkers. each house was managed by different people.
Nice company to work for
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DESeptember 30, 2018
Encouraging and nice place to work. You must love working with people with disabilities and be open to the challenges that come with balancing your responsibilities as a manager and working in shift
group home third shift
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CT 06790September 19, 2018
the house I worked at was not an easy one. the staff was very clicky and rude to me as a new employee, the staff would show favor residents and only work with the ones they wanted and never help the other ones.
Pros
great career advancement opportunity
Cons
stressful and dealing with rude coworkers.
Productive and great place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DESeptember 1, 2018
Making individuals enjoy their everyday life in the comfort of their own home .Assisting them with doctor appointments, shopping, daily life, financing. Other duties included Documentation, housing keeping and assisting with health care services.
Great mission and values
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTJuly 30, 2018
Very mission driven company. They like to hire within and give current employees opportunity for growth and advancement. Offers many trainings to better your knowledge working with in human services.
Csi
Medication Administer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 26, 2018
Being a direct support professional is already stressful enough but also very rewarding. It helps having a manager who makes the workplace a team and not a competitive environment. The company needs a lot more security and check ins
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Manager
Csi
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTJuly 14, 2018
although the work environment can be hectic at times there is always someone to help you you just need to ask for it. Compensation is comparable and plenty of useful incentives, you just need to utilize them.
Pros
Plenty room for advancement
Cons
Alot of pointing fingers from Higher Ups
Community Systems was a fun work place
Senior Counselor PT (Evenings) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 12, 2018
Community Systems was a fun work place I would work there again I would help the MR clients with there day to day. I provided counseling as needed and teach daily living skills as well
Pros
great location
Cons
horrible hours
Great place to help those in need
ASSISTANT PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTJune 20, 2018
I have been working with CSI for the better of 16 years. I even left after having my daughter and came back to work in just 7 months. I missed it! You form bonds not only with co-workers, but with the people you are caring for. There are a ton of employee benefits and the longer you are there, the better they are!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.