Community Systems, Inc.

Community Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA31 reviews
A typical day at work involved helping all of the gentlemen with day to day activities and self care. Sometimes it required me to take them out into the community and other times it meant taking me to the doctors office; psychiatrist, general practitioner. One of the hardest parts of my job was learning how the people I supported expressed their needs because 2 out of 4 of them were completely nonverbal. I did, however, enjoy spending time with some of the residents when their mood was stable.
CSI use to be a fun place to work, where the CEO advocated for pay increase. The language of this company now is, "Pay cut, Fired, wont get paid if etc.". Great leadership is never displayed through threats. This company has lost sight of the vision, whereas it's just a phrase on paper. At one point CSI was selective in its hiring process, now anybody can work with your loved one. The company is ran like a cult, monkey see monkey do, with no perspective in sight. Perhaps that is why numerous counts of abuse and neglect go unreported because people wanna keep their jobs.
Pros
Leave cash out
Cons
The entire company
Community Systems Inc. is an awesome place to work. The persons being supported are very worthy. Management is very understanding. I've learned that people are attracted to energy and if your intentions are pure interactions with consumers are pleasant.
completely disrespectful manipulative staff members unorganized does not pay employees correct amount of hours unprofessional wouldnt recommend a dog to work there
I love the people I surrounding my self with. And I also like my job that I'm doing, helping people with Disabilities and in path change in their lives. Also create different pathway for them.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
This is by far the worst company to work for! the culture is horrible and there is no work life balance. They expect you to dedicate yourself to the company while not being compensated. the house in Arlington is the worst!!! The Managers do not know how to mange effectively nor communicate.
Pros
I see no pros
Cons
benefits, culture, work life balance, hostile environment
Community Systems was a fun work place I would work there again I would help the MR clients with there day to day. I provided counseling as needed and teach daily living skills as well
Pros
great location
Cons
horrible hours
This isn’t a good place to work. It didn’t feel like a non profit. You couldn’t communicate with management because they’re always busy. What I mean is they appear to listen to you but don’t comprehend what you say because they’re thinking about something more important to them (I guess???) A couple of them should take a communication class. One pro is that some of the coworkers are interesting and down to earth and there’s free food here. There you go two pros to end this horrible review!
great place to work at, I enjoy working at CSI. I would not change this company. Productive and fun workplace. The individual we support are loving and kind.
This company claims to promote from within and also an equal employment one. I don't see that. All I see is a poor management that gives positions to family and friends irrespective of experience and years with the company.
Pros
Cons
Alot
I enjoy working at community systems. The staffing is pretty acceptable and interacting with the people can be pleasant. I would still like to be involved with the company after leaving.
community systems was a very exciting fun to work and a great learning experience. I enjoyed my clients and co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
CSI was a great place to work. The company has experience in opening homes in the community for with disabilities to live productive lives. Company built brand new homes from the ground up. Company had great leadership and a great foundation.
Pros
Great leadership. Employees were very respected.
Cons
N/a
it was very challenging the experience i got was very learning trying to deal with mentally challenge adults was the hardest part, but i loved it alot
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Challenging
While you you can also have fun and you can travel wig individuals you work with. There is also growth within the company and you get a chance to meet new people.
It was a decent place to work. You really have to trust and rely on your co-workers as the job needs everyone's cooperation and involvement. If someone is lazy or fails to fulfill their duties, it will weigh on others and make things more difficult.

I assisted adults with intellectual disabilities in a group home to reintegrate back into society as contributing members in their communities and social groups. During my time at CSI, I managed clients' finances, personal, and medical records. Each shift I would administer medications and carried out treatments as ordered by nutritionist and physician.

Once a month I would help formulate assessment plans for residents to achieve their short term and long term goals per their individual support plans.
Community systems is a great company, the work place culture felt very at home the work team worked very close togather, thier very hands on with the people supported and train employees with the best information.
New director is always changing things in the company. Some for the better and some for the worse. The changes have begun in the last 3-4 years. The company is a great place to meet some great people.
I enjoy working at CSI although recently we have had budget issues due to funding and poor planning. The communication between the staff and upper management is poor though and I have not received a pay raise in 8 years. That being said I love the individuals we support and feel good that I am helping people with mental and physical disabilities that need help
Pros
Relationships with individuals we serve. Good vacation compensation
Cons
Low pay and poor communication with upper management
Was given the opportunity to learn new skills and then provided teaching moments. Supported others by providing one on one coaching and guidance daily.
Pros
Supportive Manager
Cons
Not having a consistent schedule.
In the home that I managed was a fun home. Co-workers was a joy to work with and a driving force of help, fun ideas, creative ways to communicate with all persons supported. The persons living in this home took wonderful vacations, very active in their community and great family involvement. When there was no family, everyone took turns taking them to their home for family involvement. The hardest part of this job was to understand the cycle of life then helping everyone in the home to accept the loss of a family member. Working thru this process and keeping the family member alive in their hearts.
Pros
Wonderful staff and great vacations with a person supported.
Cons
Dealing with the loss of a person supported.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.