Community Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

group home third shift
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CT 06790September 19, 2018
the house I worked at was not an easy one. the staff was very clicky and rude to me as a new employee, the staff would show favor residents and only work with the ones they wanted and never help the other ones.
Pros
great career advancement opportunity
Cons
stressful and dealing with rude coworkers.
Productive and great place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DESeptember 1, 2018
Making individuals enjoy their everyday life in the comfort of their own home .Assisting them with doctor appointments, shopping, daily life, financing. Other duties included Documentation, housing keeping and assisting with health care services.
Great mission and values
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTJuly 30, 2018
Very mission driven company. They like to hire within and give current employees opportunity for growth and advancement. Offers many trainings to better your knowledge working with in human services.
Csi
Medication Administer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 26, 2018
Being a direct support professional is already stressful enough but also very rewarding. It helps having a manager who makes the workplace a team and not a competitive environment. The company needs a lot more security and check ins
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Manager
Csi
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTJuly 14, 2018
although the work environment can be hectic at times there is always someone to help you you just need to ask for it. Compensation is comparable and plenty of useful incentives, you just need to utilize them.
Pros
Plenty room for advancement
Cons
Alot of pointing fingers from Higher Ups
Community Systems was a fun work place
Senior Counselor PT (Evenings) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 12, 2018
Community Systems was a fun work place I would work there again I would help the MR clients with there day to day. I provided counseling as needed and teach daily living skills as well
Pros
great location
Cons
horrible hours
Great place to help those in need
ASSISTANT PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTJune 20, 2018
I have been working with CSI for the better of 16 years. I even left after having my daughter and came back to work in just 7 months. I missed it! You form bonds not only with co-workers, but with the people you are caring for. There are a ton of employee benefits and the longer you are there, the better they are!
Nope.
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 31, 2018
This isn’t a good place to work. It didn’t feel like a non profit. You couldn’t communicate with management because they’re always busy. What I mean is they appear to listen to you but don’t comprehend what you say because they’re thinking about something more important to them (I guess???) A couple of them should take a communication class. One pro is that some of the coworkers are interesting and down to earth and there’s free food here. There you go two pros to end this horrible review!
Great place to work at
Educational Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 29, 2018
great place to work at, I enjoy working at CSI. I would not change this company. Productive and fun workplace. The individual we support are loving and kind.
I wont recommend this place of work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 24, 2018
This company claims to promote from within and also an equal employment one. I don't see that. All I see is a poor management that gives positions to family and friends irrespective of experience and years with the company.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Has great potential
Counselor (Former Employee) –  VAMay 16, 2018
Great vision in mind but with the current management I don’t see it growing. The communication with upper management is non existent. You can also hear them bad mouthing other employees through the walls. It’s extremely unprofessional and hurts company morale.
A rewarding job with great people.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 30, 2018
It is a very rewarding job working with people who have physical and intellectual challenges.We go out and do activities in the community and work on goals for independent living.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Not enough money
Loved my team
Educator Counselor (Former Employee) –  DelawareApril 17, 2018
I enjoyed working here once I got on a great team. My individuals are what made me stay so long. Once you build a bond you have to keep it up. This job is not just for a paycheck you have to love what you do.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Hr cuts
Rewarding and Fun
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Prince George's County, MDApril 8, 2018
A substitute teacher is assigned to work in the absence of a regular teacher to aid students in understanding a subject matter, as well as to provide skills required for programmed lessons and purposeful training for the classroom he/she is assigned. Substitute teacher duties includes:implement teacher lesson plans, give out class work and assignments, and ensure effective discipline and class control.
I have learned that diversity is key in learning and communicating in life. You must adapt and understand your morals and values within all occurring events in the work place. The hardest part of my job would be different language barriers. The most enjoyable part of my job is giving the gift of education and love.
Participants are wonderful
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTFebruary 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at the group home with staff and participants. I gained allot of expiernce while I worked for the company. There is bit of office drama
Pros
Participants nice
Cons
Office staff drama
CSI review summary
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MA 02360January 15, 2018
I have learned an exceptional amount from my time with CSI. I feel it has adequately prepared me to take the next steps in my career. It has pushed me to strive for more and realize my actual value as an employee.
Fun and productive
Educator Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 4, 2017
community systems was a very exciting fun to work and a great learning experience. I enjoyed my clients and co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
Many fun experiences, can sometimes be stressful
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Sandwich, MANovember 17, 2017
in the right situation this can be a great job. Every day is different and you have opportunities to do many fun and new things while helping to improve and support the lives of those with special needs.
Pros
free food, activities
Cons
low pay for the work, understaffed, poor leaders
Opened group homes for people with disabilties.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Burke, VANovember 14, 2017
CSI was a great place to work. The company has experience in opening homes in the community for with disabilities to live productive lives. Company built brand new homes from the ground up. Company had great leadership and a great foundation.
Pros
Great leadership. Employees were very respected.
Cons
N/a
Direct Support Person (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 25, 2017
I worked here for 7 years. I enjoyed my job. They treated their employees very well. The benefits were good. I only left because I moved out of state.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.