Community Trust Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive Place to work
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJune 7, 2018
I started out in the back office posting peoples loan payments. I worked in that part for 10 years. I moved up to Loan Officer Assistant. As a Loan Officer Assistant I answered phone calls, greeted customers and made sure they was directed to to appropriate places. I helped with taking loan applications, closing of loans and putting the loans together to put inputed on the system. I traveled some to the Court Houses for filing fees and lawyer offices. We had a weekly meeting and I kept up with all the minutes. I also helped with balancing the ATM machines and done audits.
Its what it was.
Loan Review and Input (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYApril 26, 2018
If you are not a total company employee, you will not last long with this company. Management doesn't always support their employees, nor do they do reviews or raises in a fair manner.
Pros
Hour for lunch
Cons
Last supervisor, do not support the employees
Not a GOOD place to work
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAFebruary 8, 2018
I was a Personal banker/teller for Community Trust Bank and I was responsible for opening accounts, deposits, cashing checks, with-drawls, and payments. The vault had to be balanced daily as well as my cash box. I had to make sure I was following bank procedures at all times.
Great place to work and learn
Teller (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJanuary 10, 2018
Great place to work at and learn the basics of becoming a teller. Everyone is really helpful and supportive of your learning experience. The environment was some what relax but also on top of your duties as well.
A Summer Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2017
Due to me being only mid-way through college at the time, my extent of tasks I was allowed to perform was pretty limited. Still, I was tasked with organizing and re-filing an entire room full of loan and mortgage documents.
Pros
The feeling of accomplishment after those thousands of files were finished
Cons
Nothing, really
Review Clerk
Review Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYDecember 1, 2017
Stressful job and sometimes seemed as if nothing was ever good enough for the company. they did offer amazing benfeits and I left because I got a better job offer.
Benefits
Cons
Stressfullness
Productive environment
Back-up Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYSeptember 30, 2017
On a typical day I would process transactions for customers, weather it be for a deposit, cashing a check or loan payments. Everyday we would balance the vault and ATM. Along with processing reports for federal cash pickup/drop off. The hardest part of the job was finding the branch manager when you needed him. Most days we would have to call his cell phone for approvals. The best part of the job was my customers that came to see me every week or other week.
Pros
Monday - Friday job and only 1 Saturday a month
Cons
Management not consistant
very good place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYAugust 21, 2017
very good place to work. great group of people to work with. its very hard to learn at first but once you catch on its a walk in the park. its a little stressful dealing with that much money though.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not paid enough
Don't expect advancement.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 20, 2017
It's a great job to build your resume, but don't expect to move up or get paid more. The hours are generally good, but expect to work weekends. They are pretty strict on what days you can and can't go on vacation.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Insurance Data Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJuly 13, 2017
Setting up insurance ticklers on commercial loans. Tracking ins on all loans. Dealing with loan officers. Basically having my own space and privacy to do my work.
Pros
Week days, my own space.
Cons
Poor pay.
Perfect opportunity!
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMarch 21, 2017
I worked for CTB for 4 years while in college. I started as a part time teller, and within a year and a half moved up to head teller. The company has amazing opportunities for sales incentives. If you work hard, you are rewarded greatly. I had an excellent group at the branch, and management was personal and professional. Loved working here!
Pros
Incentives for sales
Cons
Working some Saturdays.
Turnover high, customers can be hateful
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYFebruary 27, 2017
Great interacting with customers, but as a teller, never felt the job was safe.
Hours can be long day
Too many people would call in.
Great workplace and friendly environment
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 20, 2017
This place was a great place to work at while in college. They worked around my extremely hectic schedule and the individuals I worked with were a great asset to my advancement.
Great co-workers and company poor pay rate
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hamlin, WVJanuary 16, 2017
I loved my job, the company, my co-workers but as a part time position the pay rate wasn't enough to make ends meet for my family. After I left they did raise the pay to $10/ hr (had I made that much I would never have left).
Cons
Unsatisfactory pay rate
great place to work
Teller/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJanuary 2, 2017
i opened accounts and cd and basic deposits and withdraws of checking and savings accounts. I also helped with loan processing
Pros
free account set up
Cons
short breaks
Professional banking institute
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 29, 2016
Manager at Community Trust Bank. My experience with the company was outstanding. Moved from teller, head teller, customer service representative to branch manager.
Friendly and professional work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILAugust 24, 2016
A typical day at work could be very busy or very slow. This job taught me very much about the unpredictability of working with the public. Made some very good life long friends in fellow coworkers. Management was great, truly enjoyed working for this company.
Smalltown Bank with Big City benefits
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJuly 26, 2016
Teller duties, cash checks, deposit cash/checks, loan payments, address changes, debit card issues, overdraft issues, etc.) The Best/Hardest part about my job can be the customer.
Hometown Business
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJuly 26, 2016
Perform Teller duties(cash checks, make deposits, payments, run coin, etc.) The Best/hardest part about my job can be the customers I feel that is probably anywhere that you deal with the public
Pros
Small hometown feel
Cons
No room for advancement, pay is not competitive
Fun, high paced workplace.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2016
We enjoyed having a great culture of values and morals that enabled us to have a good work relationship, and good energy to bring and keep customers at the bank. The hardest part of my job was that there were no growth opportunities. But I loved helping my customers feel comfortable with their products and feel sure about their decisions with the products received. I enjoyed helping my coworkers as well, and talking to them.
Pros
Good medical benefits, helping other locations, meetings.
Cons
No advancement opportunities.