Community Unit School District 200 Employee Reviews

Stressfree, enjoyable job working with friendly people
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 20, 2017
Camp started at 7:30 and lasted till 9:30. The head Cross Country coach assigned different counselors to different age groups of runners. Each counselor was responsible for teaching the basics of running to the campers as well as supervising their safety. I learned how to be more patient with people and how to be responsible for people. The employment process was easy and stress free. The work environment was fantastic. The head coaches and counselors became good friends over the course of the job term. The hardest part of the job was keeping the children entertained by running activities and keeping track of all of them. The most enjoyable part was being able to spend time leisurely working in a position that I enjoyed while still getting paid.
Pros
low work hours, outdoors, friendly coworkers, enjoyable work environment
Cons
Early work hours, no flexibility, low pay
CUSD 200 is a district filled with excellant schools. They have created a positive, rich learning environment for all children to flourish and grow.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 8, 2014
CUSD 200 is a excellent school district. I have loved working with the many teams of teachers and specialist over the past 16 plus years. The special needs children I have encountered over the years are the best and it has been a great privileged to work with them and to watch them grow. Being a Paraprofessional although can be a very challenging profession, it is also one that is very rewarding. Helping children with special needs is reward in itself. The smiles, the laughter, the high fives and hugs make it so worth it. It saddens me to have to leave. I am leaving this wonderful job to further my career ambition. Its time to move on and forward. I am excited to start a new career, a new adventure, to learn, to further grow in a different field. I am very thankful for all my experience's that I have had and look forward to new experience's to come.
Pros
The children I work with along with the great teams. The hours as well as the enviroment.
Cons
can be a pysical job. Salary freeze which has been in place for years now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Unit School District 200. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7