Community Youth Services Careers and Employment
You’re seeing all 23 jobs at Community Youth Services because we can’t find any available jobs at Community Youth Services close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 653 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Other than team communication, absolutely an ideal work environment for people passionate about making a difference. Plenty of growth to be had with leadership relatability to those being served.
I really enjoyed the concept of this position. However there was so too much unprofessionalism with the staff when working on the floor in front of the kids…ie., arguing with other staff in front of the residents. I noticed a lot of “clicks”between the older staff, and newer staff was a lot of times singled out, which I find very unfortunate because this program is all about giving these kids a pleasant experience while being here. Lack of communication causes constant chaos, and the turnover rate is beyond. Very disappointing.
Energetic and meaningful but politically indoctrinating at times for the youth and staff. Management was communicative and supportive. What made the work worth it was being able to be there for the youth and having so much support from management and some staff.
There is no structure, and leadership never comes around unless for a photo op. HR lowballs pay to those who do not sit behind a desk and work the floor while acting as the funds come from their own bank account. While using the excuse, there is no funding, or the funds were reallocated from their primary purpose. There is a lack of professionalism when interacting with parents or coworkers. Staff hide in offices instead of doing their job and interacting with the children. This agency has a high turnover rate.
The job is not very challenging and it feels like there is little I can do to personally change better the lives of the kiddos I come across. However it is still rewarding and can be fun.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 12 questions about working at Community Youth Services. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Community Youth Services employees.
Insights from 6 Indeed users who have interviewed with Community Youth Services within the last 5 years.
If we have had experienced with working with at risk yout? and how do we cope with youth who have trouble adapting to a setting?
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Community Youth Services