Community Youth Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Contract Therapist
Family Preservation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 29, 2018
I provided therapy for clients in their homes, schools and in the community. My job was flexible and I had a great clinical supervisor.
I would highly recommend this job site.
Great co-workers, tough work
Youth Partner (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 22, 2018
I really enjoyed all the people in the building, and how much they cared about impacting youth. Contractual requirements for the position were not always communicated directly.
Pros
Good vacation/ sick time package. Great benefits.
Cons
Minimal breaks, high expectations to recieve responses from a population who is inconsistent
A typical Day
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 26, 2018
A typical day for me consists of community meetings, managing 4 programs and making sure day to day operations are successful. The programs were a young adult shelter, a drop in center and 2 street outreach programs.
fun but overwhelming
Associate Counselor (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 27, 2017
it's a great place to work and provide support and guidance for at risk youth. We work a lot with youth who are runaways, homeless, juts go out of detention and parent don't want them, who suffered from suicidal thoughts, depression and/or are abuse and neglect within household or foster homes.
Pros
food, fun staff
Cons
no breaks
Typical Non-Profit Environment
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 12, 2017
Typical scarcity complex seen in most non-profits. Employees are underpaid for the work, asked to pick up extra duties with no known relief. Most of the people are fantastic and make coming to work a pleasure. However, there are a handful of very toxic folks that make it more difficult to get work done. The processes are old paper process with resistance by managers to change what they are doing to create efficiency and cost savings. I enjoy the autonomy in my position and appreciate being in a decision making position. The supervision is limited for my role and there is no one with the same experience or education who can be a mentor or is there to bounce complex problems off.
Pros
Fantastic benefits - 100% paid benefits and a generous paid vacation and sick leave accumulation.
Cons
Gossip is tolerated and islands between staff are the norm.
Excellent company
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 14, 2013
Working with the individuals was worth it...There was some power struggle issues,,but well worth it
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Healthcare
Youth Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYSeptember 1, 2012
Very necessary service provided to the youth in our society. It is very challenging job, but seeing the children improve their behavior and attitude is priceless.
Pros
i get to make a difference in the lives of many children.
Cons
very low salary for the responsibility expected from employees.
Good excperiance
Youth Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 14, 2012
Knowing that I can assist for a better future of tomorrow for the children in the home makes me feel better. The workers are very positive.

Want to know more about Community Youth Services?

Ask a question