Community of Hope Employee Reviews

This was a volunteer community service job
Volunteer - Front Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2019
I loved working here I love the people the atmosphere it was a great place to volunteer and give back to the community. If I did not live so far out I will be continuing to volunteer there. Love everyone there God bless
A fun and nurturing environment with great discounts and community events.
Volunteer/Advocate (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTJune 20, 2019
I love the work COH does for women in our community. COH strives to give their excellence to the community around them. I sort and organize donated items to give back to the community.
Pros
fellowship and community
It’s a small church and I was the only paid employee.
A/V Tech (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 8, 2019
Working at the church is different because my hours were scheduled around service times and also family times. Work each day becomes unpredictable because there may be a mass I have cleanup or a clogged drain I have to unclog so I worked earlier then I need to so I have time to take care of stuff like this. Sometimes I’m just waiting for the service to start when nothing has gone wrong. I basically get along with every buddy well which includes the staff in the congregation.
Pros
Church environment, I believe in doctrines they teach at this church I work at.
Don’t accept offer
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 23, 2019
If you do work there. Maintain to yourself. This place it’s a each to its own and managers and high power are quick to blame things on you. Pressure for you to get learned on the first week. If not you’ll be micromanaged, getting in trouble and pulled aside for little meetings. You get threatened by patients and they don’t do anything. They come to the clinic looking for you. No overtime, no raises and No growth in the company. All they care is if you give to the company who pays you.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Everything else
community health
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Hope, WAJanuary 1, 2019
one of the top places to work in Washington, Dc
hardest part of my job is my communte
I learned how to manage and educate low income population about their dental health
Cons
paid holidays vacation student loans
Love this company!
Rapid Rehousing (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 23, 2018
Community of Hope genuinely cares deeply about their employees and the families that they serve. It evident that the company values growth in it's employees.
A LOT of work with little to no recognition
(PSH) Stability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2018
The case managers work there but off, but receive little to no recognition. You have a flexible schedule, but most is spent during paperwork, because they have multiple documents that need to be completed or multiple spreadsheets you have to complete. You really have little time to really provide the assistance your clients really need.
Great Learning Environment for Prospective Medical Interpreters
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALAugust 1, 2018
A typical day at work would be seeing between 4-10 patients and interpreting between the physician and patient during a 15-25 minute interview process. The workplace is very friendly and respectful. After a few weeks at CHHC, your medical vocabulary, both in English and Spanish, will expand greatly.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Only open on certain days
loved helping at risk population, room for growth and promotions, compensation was good & there was flexibility allowed as long as your work got done
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 21, 2018
Great job. Opportunity to help at risk families in a shelter setting. Flexible hours which allowed for the work/life balance, compensation was good. The job offered growth and promotion potential for those who had a good work ethic, great job performance and willingness to strive to be efficient and effective on a daily basis.
Pros
rewarding job, promotion potential, and continuous opportunity to grow
ok place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2018
ok staff fun to work with management is very understanding. Team filled environment. I love working in this community serving the population of people that we do.
An interesting place to work.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hope, WAMay 9, 2018
The Community of Hope was by nature a very complicated organization. When working with the population involved, it not possible to function as collectively or consistently as I would have wanted. We were a "services" oriented organization. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful experience.
Pros
An excellent area in which to learn new tings
Cons
Poor Environment for people of color
Health Center (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2018
There were a lot of people of color who had been with the agency for many years suddenly deemed unqualified to continue in there position and were let go one by one.
Great Place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Garner, NC 27529March 18, 2018
Learned that volunteering at a food pantry is humbling because other people don't have certain needs like a full pantry or clothes. Serving people humbled me.
Great Work Life Balance
Patient Accounts Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2018
I 100% love my job. Community of Hope provides me the work life balance I missed in previous jobs. I work really hard and there is certainly a lot to do, but the day goes by fast. My team is small and new to Community of Hope,but we work and collaborate well together. We are like a little family. Community of Hope is flexible and an excellent workplace for people with families and/or college students. Community of Hope is all about the community and you can see that passion for greatness and excellence everyday.
Pros
Great Hours, Work Life Balance, Flexibility
Cons
No Cons
bad experience
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCJanuary 31, 2018
Working here will make you feel like you are under surveillance. You are constantly being watched and your job performance always being questioned even when you are doing your work. They also love to shuffle people around to fit their needs, and not based on qualifications. Don't think the opportunity for advancement is real, they side step you into roles they need covered and will have you doing two jobs for one check.
Productive and professional workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 30, 2018
I love Community Of Hope it was a great experience to work at Community Of Hope.I was with Community Of Hope for 4 plus years I resigned to persue better opportunities.
Pros
family environment
Cons
title abuse
Productive and Fun place to work
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2018
Community of Hope is very Mission driven, it has dedicated people who love what they do. The people are friendly and they love the Community in which they work
Pros
Great team Morale
Cons
Alot of meetings, sometimes not enough time for my work load
Very Fun place to work, people genuinely like to come to work here, very mission driven
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 28, 2018
A typical day consists of followup emails and preforming Credential duties for New providers or updating current providers.

Some minor Billing and posting payments to accounts
Pros
VERY family Friendly and Cultural based.
Cons
not enough time alloted to do all my work, alot of meetings
Family Oriented
Prenatal Care Coordination Specialist / CLC (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2018
Great company to work for. They just need to give fair and accurate annual raises. The relationships built with staff and patients is something not found at all doctors offices.
Director in Housing (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 5, 2017
Community of Hope cares about its employees and clients. They are constantly working to make sure services are actually helping the clients and that employees have good work-life balance. They look internally first for promotions and do regular supervisor trainings for all supervisors. There are two all-staff meetings/retreats each year to help employees get to know each other and for staff recognition. Upper management does a good job at hearing concerns from all staff.
Pros
Ability to learn and move up, great atmosphere, decent pay
Cons
Too many locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community of Hope. Our community is ready to answer.