Community of Hope Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A LOT of work with little to no recognition
(PSH) Stability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2018
The case managers work there but off, but receive little to no recognition. You have a flexible schedule, but most is spent during paperwork, because they have multiple documents that need to be completed or multiple spreadsheets you have to complete. You really have little time to really provide the assistance your clients really need.
Poor Environment for people of color
Health Center (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2018
There were a lot of people of color who had been with the agency for many years suddenly deemed unqualified to continue in there position and were let go one by one.
Great Work Life Balance
Patient Accounts Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2018
I 100% love my job. Community of Hope provides me the work life balance I missed in previous jobs. I work really hard and there is certainly a lot to do, but the day goes by fast. My team is small and new to Community of Hope,but we work and collaborate well together. We are like a little family. Community of Hope is flexible and an excellent workplace for people with families and/or college students. Community of Hope is all about the community and you can see that passion for greatness and excellence everyday.
Pros
Great Hours, Work Life Balance, Flexibility
Cons
No Cons
Productive and Fun place to work
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2018
Community of Hope is very Mission driven, it has dedicated people who love what they do. The people are friendly and they love the Community in which they work
Pros
Great team Morale
Cons
Alot of meetings, sometimes not enough time for my work load
Family Oriented
Prenatal Care Coordination Specialist / CLC (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2018
Great company to work for. They just need to give fair and accurate annual raises. The relationships built with staff and patients is something not found at all doctors offices.
Director in Housing (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 5, 2017
Community of Hope cares about its employees and clients. They are constantly working to make sure services are actually helping the clients and that employees have good work-life balance. They look internally first for promotions and do regular supervisor trainings for all supervisors. There are two all-staff meetings/retreats each year to help employees get to know each other and for staff recognition. Upper management does a good job at hearing concerns from all staff.
Pros
Ability to learn and move up, great atmosphere, decent pay
Cons
Too many locations
It is volunteer work!
Kitchen Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 17, 2017
My church is a wonderful place to volunteer and serve the Lord.I volunteer every year to fed the homeless and make sure every guest is comfortable and fed every night.
Poor experience
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hope, WASeptember 29, 2017
If you are looking for a culturally competent work place, Community of Hope is not the place that. Management lack prior medical experience and are totally disconnected from the populations they serve.
Medical Assisting
Medical Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2017
I was the receptionist for the doctor office floor. I would come in at 8 AM, check and see which patients were coming in for the day then I would sit and verify people's insurance. Mind you guys, this was my internship so I did have days where I independently worked however most of the days I was just assisting.
Excellent Place to Start Career
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2017
Wonderful staff, great work/life balance, positive energy! Staff work well together and make you feel welcomed. Opportunities to grow and learn a plethora of information.
Pros
atmosphere and work/life balance
Cons
travel and monotony
The worst place ever to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  4 Atlantic St, S.W.March 11, 2017
Management has no clue on how to manage any department within Community of Hope. They have managers managing departments with no experience,they claim you can move up within but not true. They ask you for your opinion or thoughts and us it against you to get ride of you,and will try every time when there's meetings for your thoughts,not good then have weekly check ins and put you on a performance evaluation then at the end of the evaluation they let you go. So if you're looking to work there I would not,you will not be happy very stressful work place. You are only liked if you just keep quite and not give an opinion then they will like you or if you speak in a proper tone of voice they will love you and move you up within the company.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not to have an opinion if you want your job
Enthusiastic and Dedicated Workplace
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2016
Working for a nonprofit means you're likely not to make as much money as other places, but COH was always a great place to work. Nearly everyone is friendly and good at their job, and likewise almost everyone is very dedicated to the causes the organization promotes.
Pros
Decent benefits package, extensive PTO/sick leave
Cons
Limited operating budgets
Excellent place to work
Workforce Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 26, 2016
This company is an excellent place to work if you enjoy doing nonprofit work. Excellent benefits and bonuses when I was there. I am not quite sure that it is the same now.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Dental Clinic
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2016
Community of Hope has a good mission statement that is great and they do great things for the community but they don't take care of the employees. Management take care of management, they don't look out for the employees. Management needs to step down for their pedestal and look at they people that help to run Community of Hope because without the employees you can't run a company,that's why the turn over rate is so high. I personally would not recommend this company.
Pros
hours, pretty building
Cons
to many
Family Atmosphere
Community Resource Counselor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2016
Working at Community of Hope is great. There is a sense of family and a welcoming atmosphere. Staff are friendly and managers care about the well being of employers.
Nice work place but changing
Housing (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2016
If you are interested in moving up or moving sideways to another department, if upper management doesn't think that will be a good fit, they seem to block you from that opportunity. Or if they already have someone else in mind they'll allow that person to not have to meet the same requirements as you and will allow them to "learn on the job". There are a lot of politics at play. The mission of the organization seems very unrelated to our families and more related to numbers.
Workforce Development Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washibngton, DCDecember 1, 2015
Muti-task, Customer Service, Health Care Professionalism. Great place to work, very supportive and patients are always first.
not a very good company
Washington, DC - RESIDENT MONITOR (Current Employee) –  Hope, WANovember 2, 2015
bad environment

bad communication

minimal hours

rude and unorganized staffing

unsanitary work environment

v very hostile environment
Pros
very quite during the day
Cons
to many
Outreach and Enrollment Assister (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2015
COH is a great organization to work for and is doing awesome work in the community. It provides healthcare, housing and supportive services to undeserved residence in the D.C metropolitan area.
Community focused non-profit organization
Workforce Development Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2015
Community of Hope has allowed me the opportunity to grow into a new career field. My position as Project Assistant to Workforce Development requires a high level of multi tasking abilities. We conduct a Customer Service Soft Skills training that has numerous components, from onboard testing to class situational roll plays and mock interviews. I am responsible for assisting the program manager as necessary. My daily task includes contacting current, past and prospective student to schedule meetings and offer assistant with job placement. Creating and maintaining reports and spreadsheets for data compilation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community of Hope. Our community is ready to answer.

Community of Hope Reviews by Location