CommutAir

CommutAir Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA12 reviews
I am a current employee with commutair. The people I work directly with have been fantastic to me. Other flight attendants will assist you and have sat down with me to help me pass my training. Wish there was more training. I wasn't chosen for the Thailand trip from Human resources that was offered for union members. HR will be taking them. But all in all enjoy the job and travel.
What questions did they ask during your interview at CommutAir?

How would I handle a disgruntled customer and emergency situations.

How are the working hours at CommutAir?

Hours are long and management is hard to deal with when it comes to being flexible for family events or emergencies
Pros
Fun people and awesome pilots
Cons
Not being treated fairly for going on trips with HR; favortism with union
Stay away! They messed up my taxes and I owe the IRS 8 dollars. The planes aren't stable. I had a decompression. And they lied about everything in training. The pay is trash McDonald's make more. The management is bias and pathological liars. The union rep is also a flight attendant! So expect them to be bias too! The plane slid off the runway! One flight attendant was attacked on Fox News
This company is horrible. From day one, Company has been completely disorganized. The instructors would rather take a three hour break on scheduled and to keep us at the training center longer so we could not study for exams instead of just do what they were supposed to do. Instructors never knew what they were supposed to be teaching and when they were supposed to be teaching it. Getting out on the line, there is very low pay and at the union does not want to do their job. IAM ( Flight attendant union) representatives Who are supposed to be working for the union are busy gossiping and causing drama and spreading lies that could get people fired. The company does not pay enough and the travel benefits are horrible. Retirees go ahead of you. It’s impossible to commute and get home. The uniforms and everything are overpriced and not very good. The only thing I can say is that in IAD The in-flight supervisor there is the best. Nobody is happy to work here and everybody has a horrible attitude because the company is so bad. People are leaving left and right including myself for better airlines or a different career.
Good flying job, overall; plenty of IFR and visual approaches and landings, takeoffs, different airports, hotels, buses, taxis, airport lobbies, jetways.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I couldn't believe that I just started working here and had a medical emergency at home with a family member and they allowed me to take the time I needed to get everything taken care of. They have been flexible with my schedule and my family needs.
Pros
Management and HR has been easy to work with
Cons
Don't know yet
I've been reading a lot of negative reviews and I understand some people have legitimate grievances. That being said the job is what you make of it. Sure working reserve and not getting paid for all of it sucks but that's part and parcel of being a flight attendant. I've been doing it for a few months and honestly, I'm having a blast! If you're looking at getting into being a flight attendant for the first time this is a great place to start.
Pros
Great co-workers on the line, pilots and other flight attendants alike, plus free flying on united!
Cons
Crew scheduling doesnt think ahead and being on reserve sucks in general.
Myself and another, flight attendant, got cut the day before final exam. We were never told why we were cut, fully. We passed all our exam, up-to-date.

This company is very cut throat. They don't care about their own employees. They don't want them to succeed. I was assured after quitting my job after 20 years, graduation rate is 95%. They failed me because they didn't favor me. I feel the instructors were more worried about, "smoking," then training.

On a positive note, myself and my fellow, flight attendant, work for other regional companies, PSA AIRLINES and another competitor, make more sense money then the "CommutAir Flight Attendants," lol.

Go PSA AIRLINES, for giving me a chance, regional "American Airlines," voted the best airlines, 2017, lol.
Pros
Cons
Bad trainers!!!!
The pay and benefits for new aircraft technicians is very good. However experienced technicians do not get compensated very well. Management was a mess but has improved over time. Training on the aircraft is provid and advancement opportunities are there for anyone interested.
Pros
Training, Flight benefits, competitive health benefits
Cons
Long hours as required, Lack of experienced techs.
This company is going more and more down hill with each year that passes. Management is poor/unprofessional and you get treated very poorly as a FA. Crew Scheduling is difficult to interact with and they clearly show that they have no concern for the well beings of the FAs. This company is very unorganized and you will probably be able to see this before even making it through training. Also, if you are based in IAD, expect to be on reserve for a very long time!

This company pushes relocation but neglects to mention how expensive it is to live in the areas surrounding IAD. Not to mention the pay is terrible and is barely enough to get by. I would not recommend working for this company! There are plenty of other regional airlines that will allow you to get experience as a FA without the stress and anxiety.
Pros
The amazing FAs that you will meet during training
Cons
Don't Do It!
Make sure you ask the right questions during ground school. None of the actual job experience of being a reserve flight attendant and what it truly means to sit at the airport every day and not fly is explained to you before youre too far in to change your mind. This airline needs an upgrade and an overhaul badly.
Pros
Ground school is fun and the hotel is decent.
Cons
There is NO at home/short call reserve, only airport reserve, When you break down the hours youre essentially getting paid minimum wage, You spend more money on food and uniforms than you actually make for your first couple of pay checks, The planes are broken down and poorly maintained.
I like this place. The QC department knows its stuff, and the fleet is continually being upgrading. They are warm and friendly, if a bit frenzied sometimes. The new aircraft take some getting used to for this relatively young staff of mechanics.