CommutAir Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHApril 15, 2019
Very poor management. People are very discriminating and rude especially the Senior Manager, Software Development and the CTO. This place requires a complete reorganization in the team structure.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Lots of pressure, no encouragement or team spirit
Challenging and Rewarding
Controller (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHApril 12, 2019
The job at commutair is extremely challenging as you never know what to expect from operations. Each day brings its own challenges but it also is extremely rewarding as you overcome those hurdles and see the aircraft flying and delivering passengers safely to their destination.
Great place to Start your career
Scheduling (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHFebruary 23, 2019
Many opportunities to advance with training available to move into a new role. They promote from within and offer a family friendly work environment. HR is helpful in ensuring employees are taken care of first when opportunities for promotions are available. Office space is limited. Pay could be better but flight benefits are good.
Pros
Ability to advance
Cons
Pay and office space
Sad state of affairs
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHFebruary 8, 2019
As a Sr. Manager with Flight Experience and multiple positions in this Company for the last 6+ years, I can honestly say I’m shocked at the way HR and the CTO run this company and are involved in ALL things and ALL Departments... pilots are quitting , people are leaving , and yet nothing is being done about it...

A major reorganization is due if we are to continue flying...
Pros
Great team
Cons
Poor management that is constantly medaling
Safety Specialist, Intern (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHFebruary 7, 2019
Commutair is a great place to work. Friendly culture and environment brings excitement to the table. Travel benefits is an add on to those who love travelling along with family and friends
HR/IT is killing the company - run
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHFebruary 1, 2019
Run for your lives... This place is sinking fast, because of the HR Director, the Chief Technology Officer, along with the Senior Manager Application Development. I've been here for 10 years and am leaving because of all the prejudices associated with these three individuals. The HR Director received a $33K bonus (Verified with copies left on a copy machine) for reducing everyone's pay raise potential. Now we are all limited to our raises, and she nets the profits. The Chief Technology Officer, along with the Senior Manager Application Development only hire people of the same origin, and talk down to and about all others.

Now HR is asking people to write fake reviews to boost the rating ... it is sickening...!

This place needs a complete reorganization, before all the remaining good people leave...
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor management
A True Review
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 29, 2019
I have been contemplating writing this but have decided this should be known. A typical work day in management is being micro managed and fighting with human resources on how doing your day to day work should be accomplished. Human resources is involved in everything you do at CommutAir and for what reason no one knows. They even help us decide what maintenance we'll do today. I have learned that you cannot trust human resources and to keep to yourself. We have more lawsuits because of them then you could ever dream. Workplace culture is crazy. No one is happy and our annual raises have been cut so that another may prosper. The most enjoyable part of this job... knowing there might be a change with a new ceo and possibly a change in the human resources department. One can only hope this post isn't removed like the last person who tried to stand up!
Pros
Employees that you work with, discounted flights
Cons
Fighting with human resources everyday and not having a voice
Great working environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  EWRJanuary 28, 2019
very collaborative environment. given opportunities to present your ideas , people are willing to listen and appreciate. everyone is friendly and accommodating
Pros
Great learning opportunities
Cons
Pay could be better
Growing with room for advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 28, 2019
I have been at the company for 2 years and have been promoted 2 times. They take care of their employees. HR is helpful and easy to work with throughout any transition into a new job within the company.
Pros
Good internal promotional opportunities
Cons
Not enough time in day to keep up with growth
It is what you make of it
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  IADJanuary 20, 2019
I've been reading a lot of negative reviews and I understand some people have legitimate grievances. That being said the job is what you make of it. Sure working reserve and not getting paid for all of it sucks but that's part and parcel of being a flight attendant. I've been doing it for a few months and honestly, I'm having a blast! If you're looking at getting into being a flight attendant for the first time this is a great place to start.
Pros
Great co-workers on the line, pilots and other flight attendants alike, plus free flying on united!
Cons
Crew scheduling doesnt think ahead and being on reserve sucks in general.
Miserable place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 2, 2018
This may be the worst company to work for. The operations center is a disgusting, filthy place. 30 people packed in to a small room with bad lighting, poor heat/ac and dirty carpet. Management is abusive and at times it feels like a you are working at the circus. Terrible hours, low pay and no potential for advancement. Steer clear of this company at all cost.
Lack of team work and cohesiveness
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHNovember 29, 2018
Work days are disjointed with a lack of team effort to share lessons learned. Everyone gets assigned tasks independently causing duplication of efforts and replication of work tasks. No one knows what the common goal is and why jobs are assigned.
Pros
Free flights on airlines
Cons
long days, no direction or common goals.
Great people
First Officer (Pilot) (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 11, 2018
Great people and many opportunities to increase flight hours. The company recently obtained its 30th airplane. They are expanding the fleet to 61 within the next two years. This makes for 14 month upgrade times from First Officer to Captain. It also gives many opportunities to fly extra hours.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities for rising in seniority ranks
Cons
constant travel
Terrible company. Do not work at CommutAir
First Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 14, 2018
Coming from another regional as a pilot. This place has a terrible pilot contract. Very little provisions to protect the pilot from abuses by scheduling or management. This company is run like a mom and pop operation. Some of other crew members can barely speak English, which is semi-important in the cockpit. I left for greener pastures.
Horrible Stay Away!!!!!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  IADAugust 5, 2018
Myself and another, flight attendant, got cut the day before final exam. We were never told why we were cut, fully. We passed all our exam, up-to-date.

This company is very cut throat. They don't care about their own employees. They don't want them to succeed. I was assured after quitting my job after 20 years, graduation rate is 95%. They failed me because they didn't favor me. I feel the instructors were more worried about, "smoking," then training.

On a positive note, myself and my fellow, flight attendant, work for other regional companies, PSA AIRLINES and another competitor, make more sense money then the "CommutAir Flight Attendants," lol.

Go PSA AIRLINES, for giving me a chance, regional "American Airlines," voted the best airlines, 2017, lol.
Pros
Cons
Bad trainers!!!!
Great Start to Aircraft Maintenance Career.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJune 17, 2018
The pay and benefits for new aircraft technicians is very good. However experienced technicians do not get compensated very well. Management was a mess but has improved over time. Training on the aircraft is provid and advancement opportunities are there for anyone interested.
Pros
Training, Flight benefits, competitive health benefits
Cons
Long hours as required, Lack of experienced techs.
Productive and Supportive
Maintenance Controller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 19, 2018
Nice company with very supportive and diverse employees , Indoc training , Nice and neat work place , supportive management and balance work place to work
Productive and lenient workplace
A&P Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 19, 2018
Growing company with tons of opportunities. Offers a chance to new technicians on developing their trouble-shooting skills and perfecting different methods to accomplish a task.
Do not work here!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  IADFebruary 25, 2018
This company is going more and more down hill with each year that passes. Management is poor/unprofessional and you get treated very poorly as a FA. Crew Scheduling is difficult to interact with and they clearly show that they have no concern for the well beings of the FAs. This company is very unorganized and you will probably be able to see this before even making it through training. Also, if you are based in IAD, expect to be on reserve for a very long time!

This company pushes relocation but neglects to mention how expensive it is to live in the areas surrounding IAD. Not to mention the pay is terrible and is barely enough to get by. I would not recommend working for this company! There are plenty of other regional airlines that will allow you to get experience as a FA without the stress and anxiety.
Pros
The amazing FAs that you will meet during training
Cons
Don't Do It!
Crew Scheduler
Crew scheduler (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 30, 2018
I can not say enough good things about the crew scheduler position. It is a fun job and you work with a great group of people. The new manager of crew Scheduling is awesome and the job is very rewarding.
Pros
Job is flexible, flight benefits, great people