CommutAir Employee Reviews

Productive and Supportive
Maintenance Controller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 19, 2018
Nice company with very supportive and diverse employees , Indoc training , Nice and neat work place , supportive management and balance work place to work
Productive and lenient workplace
A&P Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 19, 2018
Growing company with tons of opportunities. Offers a chance to new technicians on developing their trouble-shooting skills and perfecting different methods to accomplish a task.
Do not work here!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  IADFebruary 25, 2018
This company is going more and more down hill with each year that passes. Management is poor/unprofessional and you get treated very poorly as a FA. Crew Scheduling is difficult to interact with and they clearly show that they have no concern for the well beings of the FAs. This company is very unorganized and you will probably be able to see this before even making it through training. Also, if you are based in IAD, expect to be on reserve for a very long time!

This company pushes relocation but neglects to mention how expensive it is to live in the areas surrounding IAD. Not to mention the pay is terrible and is barely enough to get by. I would not recommend working for this company! There are plenty of other regional airlines that will allow you to get experience as a FA without the stress and anxiety.
Pros
The amazing FAs that you will meet during training
Cons
Don't Do It!
Crew Scheduler
Crew scheduler (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 30, 2018
I can not say enough good things about the crew scheduler position. It is a fun job and you work with a great group of people. The new manager of crew Scheduling is awesome and the job is very rewarding.
Pros
Job is flexible, flight benefits, great people
Better off at Burger World
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJanuary 9, 2018
Make sure you ask the right questions during ground school. None of the actual job experience of being a reserve flight attendant and what it truly means to sit at the airport every day and not fly is explained to you before youre too far in to change your mind. This airline needs an upgrade and an overhaul badly.
Pros
Ground school is fun and the hotel is decent.
Cons
There is NO at home/short call reserve, only airport reserve, When you break down the hours youre essentially getting paid minimum wage, You spend more money on food and uniforms than you actually make for your first couple of pay checks, The planes are broken down and poorly maintained.
okay
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHOctober 3, 2017
the time I had flying with this company was very hard at the time due some issues with some og the class mates some of them were very cut throat to get you kicked out of training just keep you eyes open
Nice work place
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2017
Very nice airline
I learned the job perspectives
Management was on the level of college of hiring sudents to do the job
I would work there again if I had the chance
Lead Scheduler
Crew Scheduler Lead/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHSeptember 13, 2017
Nice environment, a little stressful, management is not well put together. Not really a place for advancement. 10 hr shifts with 3 days off. Meeting different people from different backgrounds.
What a joke.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJuly 20, 2017
With the help of United Airlines, this company had an opportunity to make a difference in the aviation community. Instead, They are an embarrassment to the field. They know it, and the defeatist leadership does nothing about it.
Pros
Do nothing and it's okay.
Cons
Do everything and it's just okay.
This company is a joke
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHMay 29, 2017
I was training to be a flight attendant and I made it into 3 weeks. I got sent home because they quizzed us on the same night as practicals and they should have given us a break. And I got sent home because I missed by one point. I also didn't receive my full payment when I was told I would and they mailed me back my uniform and I had to mail it back..shouldn't have even had to do that! This company is so unorganized it's not even funny. Having one flight attendant on the plane is a bad idea. Nobody stays with this company. They expect to expand but they end up sending home more people..good luck expanding!! And I was told I had to wait a year to reapply but it wasn't guaranteed I would get back in...it's pathetic that I finished 90% of the training but have to wait a year..yeah there is no future for this company!!
Pros
Great classmates
Cons
Management, poor treatment
exciting
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2017
Waitress in the sky
Learned the safety of the flight crew and passengers come first
I felt more like my own manager
Stressful but rewarding workplace culture
Hardest part of the job preparing passengers for emergency landing
enjoyable part of the job is landing safely
Pros
Taking off and landing safely
Cons
Being away from home to much
Commut QC Department
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAJanuary 8, 2017
I like this place. The QC department knows its stuff, and the fleet is continually being upgrading. They are warm and friendly, if a bit frenzied sometimes. The new aircraft take some getting used to for this relatively young staff of mechanics.
Fast paced and busy
Senior A&P (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 5, 2016
a very fast paced and busy company to work for. Adding more aircraft and people to service them . Great bunch of co-workers and management.
Pros
4, 10 hr days
Cons
feast or famine, either your super busy or your waiting for work
Unorganized, chaotic, abusive - overall bad experience
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHApril 19, 2016
If you plan on accepting an offer, then you may want to reconsider. Salary is low and the benefits are awful. People in the corporate office do not receive any vacation for the first year. Then you get one week after one full year. You eventually get 3 weeks vacation but only after you've been with the company for five years. So you may be able to fly, but you won't really have any vacation to use. Sick days are accrued at a snail's pace. They won't disclose this information to you until you are offered the position so make sure to inquire about it up front. The environment is mixed with really good people and really unethical ones. Unfortunately, the good people have their hands tied when it comes to trying to make change. The environment is overall unhealthy. Turnover is an issue because of it. This company has the mindset of old corporate america. I made a huge mistake taking the job I I was offered and voluntarily left after a very short period of time. If you take a job with this company, then I truly hope that your experience is different. However, the problem truly does start from the top then moves down so I don't see anything changing anytime soon. Good luck.
Pros
Middle management is pretty good, upper management is not.
Cons
Low pay, bad benefits, tumultuous work environment, boys club mentality, unethical approach with private information
Great place for new dispatchers
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2016
For all new dispatchers looking to get a start in the industry look no further. Absolutely delightful work environment...Chief Dispatcher is extremely knowledgeable and the dispatch team's experience is just another perk for a newbie. I have 0 regrets about choosing Commutair and if anything I feel blessed that they chose me.
Pros
relaxed work environment with a seasoned support group.
Cons
cold cleveland.
Stay Away From Crew Scheduling...
Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 11, 2016
There is no easy way to put this. I've seen a circus performance ran better than this department. The rules change every second to benefit one person and upper management supports these actions 100%. If you decide to work here prepare yourself to be pressured, bullied and intimidated by not only this department head but all other departments too.
Pros
There is nothing good to say about this department, it's the most mismanagement department in the city of Cleveland and I mean the worst I've ever seen.
Cons
Where to begin. The poor individuals working in this department are pressured, bullied and intimidated. Little to no training but expected to perform by day one.
Grreat place to work for
AIRFRAMES AND Power plant Mechanic for DH8 (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 21, 2014
I had a great time working for Commutair and would if they ever come back might work for them again.
great shift,
Aircraft detailer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2014
very good place of employment, weekends were free and benefits are good, management could be a little better but overall it was a good job
A great environment for someone starting their career.
Airline Pilot (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 18, 2014
It was a lot of work but never dull and in a short time I learned a great deal.
Great Company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 12, 2013
Customer Service Manager
Responsible for ticketing, security screening, ramp procedures,
Cargo and weather reporting for the station

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CommutAir. Our community is ready to answer.