Compact Power Services Employee Reviews

It was an okay place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 6, 2018
I worked part time at Compact Power Services for about 9 years when they tell me they are not letting people work part time anymore. They offered a full time position but they didn't want to pay any more money to do it.
Pros
Extra money
Cons
No notice of part time job ending.
Great Job, poor local management
FSP (Current Employee) –  SCJune 25, 2017
Working with the customers is excellent. Very rewarding work repairing retail machinery.
Training is poor, be prepared for a steep learning curve. Repairing the equipment is not the issue, the constant reworking of internal policies and systems with little documentation makes staying on top of current policies an uphill struggle.
Management on a local level is poor. Once a week conference calls telling you the latest reason why you might get fired this week.Do not expect positive feed back.
The other employees take a while to get to know as you we almost never see them in the field.
Hardest part is the constantly moving guidelines.
Working with the customers is very rewarding.
Pros
Mostly you are independent when on calls
Cons
Poor lower management, morale is low.
Fsp
Field Service Professional (Current Employee) –  USAJune 2, 2017
Every day driving around the city from store to store fixing equipment failures, most of them caused by negligent operators, and asking my manager for my promised review since one year ago.
If you are a person with quality culture, the Performance bonus
is impossible thing as it is not based on quality but quantity,
Managers talks rhetorics about quality and customer service but they always push for numbers and lower cost and always decide for mediocre solutions.
Pros
you are not chained to a chair as FSP
Cons
No career advance, no training, no education, lot of hassle to get a review.
They will work you to death if you let them.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 4, 2017
They do not keep promises and will not compensate you on them. Expect to be overworked and underpaid for the duration. What you negotiate up front is what you will stick with for over many many years. I saw 1 raise in over 5 years.
Great place to learn
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 27, 2017
I was an intern so this was a learning job for me. Management was very nice and helpful. Resourcess were plentiful. Pay for employees was competitive.
The best Field Service job I had so far.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 19, 2016
I loved this company. They had great training, etc. But then they were bought out by another company. So then my manager was in my area, not 3000 miles away. My service area was pretty big before that. Then the new manager hired 3 more part time people in my area and I had to train them. Then he made me part time. When I was down to 10 hours a week I quit on a Friday and started another job on the following Monday. This job went from the greatest to the worst.
Pros
I loved working at Air Force bases.
Cons
When the job went to part time.
Click mentality and poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 27, 2016
I worked at Compact for many years. There was no advancement and no raises unless you threatened to quit. HR was a nightmare that would spread gossip about employee's and staff. There was no accountability for mistakes. There were a lot of great people that came through and most of them are gone due to the problems.
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
click's, no accountability, no raises
It a vrey educational workplace
Machinist/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 7, 2015
I have learned a lot about the machine tool industries that I did not already know. and I knew a lot. they have taught me how to repair a wide variety of machines.
Cps
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 17, 2015
This job to me was more for a single or retired person. You never knew how far the place was until the assignment was accepted. Meeting new people was a daily part of the job. Some people were very patient and enjoyed that you were repairing their equipment while others were expecting the job to be done the day prior. I really enjoyed learning how to repair and trouble shoot things. The hardest part of the job was when you went to a sight to repair something and you've never done it weather you have all the right tools to fix the issue.
Pros
Meeting new people every time there was a new assignment.
Cons
Not knowing what tools to bring when there was a new task.
Enter Tech orders
Inventory Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 29, 2015
Enter Tech Orders

Great co-workers

No goals to reach - can work at any speed

No rush on job

Great job for beginners

Great starter job

nothing to really say
Pros
Free Breakfast on Fridays
Cons
Poor Management
Job was nice work
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 12, 2015
Compact power was a great company to work for. Then they bought out DOC and renamed them to Compact Power Services. The management there was poor. The other employees from DOC was lazy and very disrespectful. Head of HR chewed on pencils and told other employees confidential information about other employees. You had to find a new job to get a raise or get a promotion. Management didn't listen to their employees at all.
Interesting kind of position
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Brewster, NYSeptember 17, 2014
All work was dispatched via telephone communication.
I worked on many types of light industrial equipment. Time and work schedule was very flexible. Co workers very helpful and willing to give technical assistance.

Hardest part of job was substantial travel from job to job.

Most enjoyable, out on my own almost like being self employed.
Pros
Using my hands as a mechanic, parts dept. dependable
Cons
low compensation for travel expenses
Horrible company to work for
Part-time Service Technician (Former Employee) –  wichita, ksMarch 31, 2014
Horrible leadership. Part time pay for full time work without benefits. Very bad morale with coworkers. Good ole boy system.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Good company
Field Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 11, 2013
They are a new company and don't really know what they are doing. management does a lot of shady things
Flexable schedule
PT - Maintenance Tech for Commercial Properties (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake city, UtFebruary 22, 2013
Great team work and staff though out of state office. Would be emailed a job list and follow a route to complete work.
Pros
pay
Advanced notice of work performed
PT - Maintenance Tech for Commercial Properties (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2013
I would receive a email of jobs that needed to be completed and would responed with a scheduled route plan. The staff were great to work with though they were out of state. Answered any of my concerns/questions in a timely fashion.
Pros
great team and pay
Cons
some over night work
Complete assignments that is all.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 19, 2012
~ Does Not Give Reviews

~ NO Raises

~ Low Fuel Compensation (For use of employee auto)

~ Micro Manages Employees

~ Low value and respect for its employees
Stay away, they will use you !
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 16, 2012
After more than 30 years in the field service industry I really must say that this company is undoubtedly the absolute worst I have ever come across. They will promise you the full time work but will only hire you part time and then will give you minimum hours if that, but will expect you to jump through hoops for them when they are feeling gracious and decide to throw you a bone. Seriously 3 hours of work if that over a months period of time, and to think that I left a secure full time position with benefits to go with this company on the promise of you will be so busy. I don't even want to get into their business ethics and how they are billing major retailers who do not even know whats taking place. The inventory waste is incredible, but that doesn't matter because it is being covered by unsuspecting retailers.
The best thing I can say about this company is "STAY AWAY" !
Cons
just about their whole business and people approach.
Multi-tasking all day long, Very Productive Workplace
District Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 8, 2012
Service call management from inception to close; updating calls daily with appropriate notes and progress
Dispatch appropriate technicians to calls, monitoring drive times, parts used and travel
Daily Communication with District Service Supervisor and technicians to order parts and track their delivery.
Prepare and send estimates or quotes to customers to increase not to exceed limits on complicated jobs
Monitor billing and payroll for exceptions regarding labor hours, parts used, mileage and job completion
Troubleshoot Levolor calls and coordinate preventative maintenance projects with monthly deadlines
Answer 92% of all phone calls in my Queue and make Outbound calls also, informing customers in service or parts delays as well as when corporate decides not to repair certain equipment.
We try to instill a Team Environment while still maintaining Competition among co-workers.
Pros
wear jeans on fridays
Cons
compensation and healthcare
Repair various industrial systems
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, Co.January 3, 2012
Great working environment with a supportive team.
Independently maintain and repair various industrial systems for Home Depot, Lowes, Wal Mart, Costco, Dick’s Sporting Goods and others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compact Power Services. Our community is ready to answer.