Compass Airlines Employee Reviews

Good vibes, team players learn something new every day.
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2018
Learn something new every day.
Fast paste.
Management is good.
Benefits are grate.
Line maintenance is fun.
Typical day at work. Plan the day out per plot aircraft schedules.
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Not enough pay
Unbelievably low pay for amount of work and responsibility.
Maintenance Controller. (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 21, 2018
Poorly run operation with no incentives for going above and beyond. Constantly short staffed. Very few resources to keep the fleet going with lack of foresight and planning by management to anticipate business needs.

Compensation was horrible. Managers at McDonalds make more than those who are expected to manage a fleet of airliners.
Pros
The people I worked with.
Cons
Everything else about the company.
Great place to starve to death. Good people in the field
Flight Attendant Compass Airlines Regional Line (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2018
In my opinion, Compass Airlines lacks is professionalism and on going training for their FA's. The pay is also the lowest in the industry to date. I however did enjoy the people in my class and my fellow FA's in flight. We were all in the same situation which was intelligent, professional people trying to make since of an unintelligent work ethic and company.
Pros
Travel and great people to work with
Cons
Pay, time away, lack of training and professionalism.
good experience
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed by time at the company. I learned a lot and gained a lot of experience. It had helped me be independent and i had a lot of travel experience.
Good Start
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2018
The management needs restructuring and more consistency. Over worked and underpaid. It was useful for getting my foot in the door as a flight attendant.
Sometimes smaller is better!
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  West CoastSeptember 8, 2018
This experience turned out to be much better than I thought. Most of the crew members become like family on trips. Seen places I’d never seen before on the job and with flight benefits! We get 11 days off a month and can somewhat bid for our ideal schedules. You have to really understand what his lifestyle entails and really want to do this in order to be happy on the job...I’m happy!
Pros
Crew, travel, vacation travel!
Cons
Pay is at the low end to start. Concerned about company’s future.
Enjoyed most of the crews i flew with and the destinations
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2018
Arrive at the airport for designated flight. Board plane and do pre-flight checks, insuring all equipment is there and in compliance. Welcome passengers and assist when needed. Inflight monitoring for safety. Beverage/meal service. Landing and deplaning procedures. Every flight was the same, and different. The people and the situations make every flight unique. The only time we dealt with management directly was during recurrent training once a year.
Pros
The crews. The passengers. The opportunity to experience different cities.
Cons
Constant flux of the different cities with different time zones. hard on the body
Nothing good to say about this dump
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 23, 2018
Worked for compass for 6 years. The only positive was the crews, management was aweful, corrupted and just plain uneducated. They fired people like they changed their underwear and did not care whatsoever about good employees. Just an aweful place overall.
Pros
Travel benefits if you could get on
Cons
Management, the air they breath
Fun work place, great team
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2018
It was overall a good company and good experience. I was able to meet people from all over the country. The hardest part of working there would be just being away from home. But it was worth it because it was an amazing experience.
Termination without reason
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 2, 2018
I worked for compass airlines for five months. I showed up, did my job and followed the rules, I was frustrated when I would be removed from an assignment when you were assigned a full trip. The paid guaranteed hours were very low which makes it hard to live in the big cities that they are based in. I was terminated for no reason that I could find out even through channels that are supposed to be explained got a call out of the blue and had to leave my house and move back home.
Pros
Fun to fly, you get flight benefits.
Cons
terrible scheduling, not good supervisor staff, no explanation of anything.
Unpaid overtime
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 18, 2018
Overworked and with unpaid overtime. Increased work days per week with very little down time in between. Unhappy employees and facility equipment are not provided to perform required duties.
Compass has gone down hill
Works in HQ (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 25, 2018
Compass used to be the premier regional airline. Poor management and lack of a functioning Hr department has turned Compass into a joke. TSA legal department is now the HR department and the hr or recruiting department in MSP doesn’t know what they are doing. Poor management acrossed the board. Compass hides the truth from there employees. Bring back old management and bring Compass back to life.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Fun working environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2018
This job is a lifestyle, and not just for anyone. You have to be able to stand hours on end. Make sure people are comfortable and put people before yourself. The hardest part about this job, is the pay and not having a set schedule.
Pros
Flying for free
Cons
Pay, waiting for the phone to ring
Great place to start a career
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2018
It is what it is, a regional airline, and a place to start. Relaxed vibe in the SOC. Pretty good management, fair and friendly people. Great flight benefits!
fast paced and fun
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2018
I loved being a flight attendant for Compass Airlines, I loved the trips, interacting with the passengers, working with my fellow flight attendants and following the orders of the pilots. The only thing I disliked is how long you're on reserve for.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
very little pay, working on your feet all day
Management is incompetant
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2018
The Manager always leaves early and is buddies with ine of the supervisors so he gets away with a lot including creating a hostile work environment with his crude jokes
Laidback office
Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 23, 2018
the job itself is easy, spend most of the day rearranging crews and flights. Answering phones. Employees can be kind of rude. But the environment is pretty relaxing. All the supervisor except one are extremely nice and helpful. 4 10hr days a week isn’t bad, gives you a chance to use the benefits.
Pros
Laidback, flight benefits with delta and American Airlines
Cons
the pay is horrible, the shift hours
Awful regional airline!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2018
I worked at Compass Airlines for more then 3 years. They lie a lot to their employees, they twist the contract to suit them and they fire people to question their integrity or shortcomings.
Pros
Flight bennies and health care
Cons
Their are so many cons!
Inflight Supervisor in SEA-TAC is shamefully unprofessional
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2018
Knocking back shots at the bar between unnecessary harassing calls to flight attendants and threats constantly. My advice is STAY AWAY and save yourself the investment.
Pros
non rev
Cons
charlotte osuna
Productive and Challenging with a Little Excitement
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2018
There was never a typical day at work, everyday was full of surprises especially in the airline industry. If there was one thing I learned, it would be the importance of time management and maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
Pros
Flying to different cities and meeting new people
Cons
Time away from home