Compass Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

productive adn playing games with patien
Medical Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 12, 2019
VERY FUN TO WORK AT AND REALLY LEARNED ALOT THERE the food was good liked working with the patients and was glad I learned how to run the front office
Poor leadership skills
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSMarch 10, 2019
Poor management at all levels . Hr personnel lacks appropriate skills,favoritism throughout company , lack of training left to fend for yourself then would be in trouble because it was done wrong.would not recommend this job to ANYONE, BEEWARE .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor leadership throughout agency including Director and human resources
Opportunity given to learn about mental issues how to treat people with mental disorder
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAFebruary 24, 2019
Hours we're flexible ,offered full time benefits,They was always room to expand learning.Patient care was excellent.Pay rate in Louisiana was extremely low
Benefits
Cons
Not room to grow for advancement
Great company to work for!
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Crowley, LAOctober 11, 2018
Compass has the best employees. Always willing to listen to new ideas to better the work place for staff and patients. A great place to work. I have learned so much information from working at this company & truly blessed to have had the experiences to better myself and help others around me.
Unethical practice leads to closure of office
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVSeptember 24, 2018
This business is closed. When it was open there was a lot of shady things going on. Attempts to bring them to the attention of the owner were not successful. One day they were closed and said that none of us had jobs anymore.
Stressful and emotionall tolling
Children's Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSJuly 10, 2018
Very stressful, no leadership from supervisors, left to fend for yourself with little training other then sitting on a computer all day. No support from other staff. Employees were racist.
Horrible
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAApril 5, 2018
Very cut throat...poor management..always firing people
..have to be in the clique..very stressful...was treated badly when I resigned...worked evenings..busiest and most stressful..very cutthroat..horrible ace to work
Pros
Good insurance pay ok
Cons
Poor management
Decent work
LPN (Former Employee) –  MultipleJanuary 17, 2018
It was a good job for LPN in psych field. I worked a good bit as PRN float pool. They are not very concerned/empathetic when you have family traumas, though.
Plenty of Activity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2017
Fun Place to work, but it was a fairly new agency, and it grew very rapidly. This agency tried to provide the services, but I felt that what was missing was "qualitied mental health providers". During this time period, in Nevada, to work in this field, a degree in Human Services, was Not required. This lack of education, I felt led to a poorer "Delivery of Service" experience.
Pros
Monthly training was provided by License Professionals
Cons
High turnover of clients. Had to be approved every 3 months for services.
neautral about the company
Rehabilitation Practitioner QMHA (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 12, 2017
when I first started, the management was wonderful but the company had a high turnover. So the management turned awful. After that they lost a lot of people.
Pros
flexible
Cons
everything
great support from management
Day treatment coordinator QMHA (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 7, 2017
A typical day at Compass behavioral health consisted of clients based interventions. As a psychosocial rehabilitation specialist I would assist clients in gaining the skills needed to obtain various skills, such as, emotional regulation, conflict identification and resolution, time management, and various other goal as suggested form their treatment plans.
Pros
great management and support
Cons
no benefits
Find other employment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSMarch 29, 2017
Leadership is poor! Most in directors positions lack the actual leadership skills to maintain a positive work environment... programs are more focused more on billing than actual client care! Fraudulent billing is often over looked as it's money in the pocket... benefits are lack luster... HR can be vendictive and deceitful at times.. often problems that are brought to the attention of those in charge are never resolved or addressed.. pay rate is not good... and raises are never given
Mental Health tech
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 28, 2016
Implement individual treatment plans, record patient behavior and provide a safe and supportive environment for the patients, also aid and assists patients with grooming needs, bathing dressing etc. BLS/CPR Certified.
Great Benefits/Stressful Environment/Poor Leadership
Administrative Assistant/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSJune 30, 2016
The program director at the outpatient building is deceitful and revengeful. She has no use for employees without a college degree.
The Clerical staff is great, the HR department employees are sweet, but at the same time they do not look out for the best interest of the employee.
I enjoyed my position, and working with the clients.
Pros
Benefit Package is Amazing
Cons
Politics, and they only push for you to bill, they are not concerned for employee family's
great agency to work for
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed being a BST and PSR provider for Compass. Wonderful supervisors and coworkers. I loved the work. The only reason I resigned was due to my husbands orders to relocate.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
2nd best place I ever worked.
Behavioral Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Springvale, MEApril 16, 2016
Management is always behind you and there when you need them. They understand life happens and are flexible as long as it doesn't interfere with the families needs. The Program Managers and CEO of Compass are easy to talk to and bring issues to.
A pleasant environment to work in
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 27, 2015
Enjoyed my job here...Working with the different clients and helping them in certain situations helped me to learn some things about myself.
Pros
We were shown that we were appreciated as a person and the work we performed
Cons
Healthcare
Non profit organization, very satisfying work.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSOctober 18, 2015
I have enjoyed my employment at Compass very much. I have learned a great deal about being in a leadership position. My fellow co-workers are wonderful and for the most we work as a team which I feel is most important for a business to be successful.
Good Job, NO SHIFT DIFF!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 6, 2015
NO SHIFT DIFF! Ask for more money if you want to make more or nights or get on the day shift. Night shift is not worth loss of family time if not making more money. Love my co-workers, with the exception of a few chronic complainers. NOT a hard job. Only 16 bed unit.
Pros
16 Bed Unit
Cons
No shift diff! I repeat, No shift diff!!
Well managed not-for-profit organization.
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSJune 3, 2015
As a mental health assistant, I worked with children in a school setting. I was able to learn and teach coping skills to the children in order to assist their prosperity while in the community. I am a very easy person to work with and got along well with all of my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with children and their families.
Pros
Great benifits and bon
Cons
Not many breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.