Compass Counseling Services of NOVA Employee Reviews

Great employees and management!
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 1, 2017
Compass is a great place to work for work/family balance. Pay is great but hours are not guaranteed. They are very interested in enhancing your education and knowledge and have many ways to achieve that goal.
Pros
education, experience, teamwork
Cons
not enough hours
Excellent environment and support
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 9, 2017
highly recommended workplace, great support and environment for tough clinical work. The services provided are highly needed around the community and Compass does so with high quality and ethical consideration.
Excellent place to work and gain experience!
IIH/MHSS Worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 22, 2016
I just wanted to take the time to place a review for Compass Counseling to help those of you who are seeking employment in the area. There are several agencies to choose from that are always hiring to fill community based services in the Fredericksburg area so it can be difficult to make the decision on where to work. I wanted to high-light my experience here as I have worked for other agencies in the area to provide some perspective.

When I applied; I received an e-mail from the program director who introduced himself and wanted to set up a time to talk on the phone to get to know me, introduce me to what Compass had to offer and get to know me a little bit. The conversation was natural and I felt at ease during the conversation. From there I decided to pursue the opportunity further and scheduled an interview with the program director. When I arrived I was greeted by the friendly staff and completed the application. I was very nervous as always for my interview.

From there I conducted my interview with the Director and another supervisor. They both put my mind at ease and stated they really like to get to know potential candidates and want to make sure Compass is a good mutual fit. This was probably the most natural and friendly interviewing experience I have ever had and I left feeling really good about the company.

I decided to accept the position and from there I participated in a very extensive training program. This agency focuses on training and preparing staff as much as possible to work in the community setting. They offered training focusing on a wide range
  more... of issues that we might come by working in the community with at risk youth.

From there I was assigned my clinical residency supervisor who is wonderful and supportive. However, it does not stop there, all supervisors work together to provide training and support and all staff are encouraged to contact and collaborate with the leadership team at any point they may need for consult. crisis, etc.

Compass provides ongoing trainings for the team based upon current issues or concerns that come up to make sure the team is equipped and well informed. The work environment is highly supportive, team oriented and up beat.

Recently, the Clinical Director and Director of Operations hosted a company wide picnic at a wonderful lake house with activities and food for the whole family. Special events like this are ways the management shows appreciation for its employees that they realize are doing really hard work.

In summary, doing community based work is not for everyone, the hours are not traditional, working in the community and homes can be hard and stressful and these types of jobs are typically not something someone does for their whole career. However, the experience you gain is priceless in preparing you for licensure and your long term goals. Compass has always supported that and understands if your vision is beyond them long term. However, their are always ample leadership opportunities and outpatient positions available for staff that want to grow with the company.

If you are considering employment for community based work do yourself a favor and interview with this Company. Their values, ethics and focus on the well being of its employees make it stand out while doing some of the hardest jobs in mental health!
Pros
Work Culture, Positive/Supportive Leadership, growth opportunities
Cons
Hours can sometimes be hard to maintain due to clients canceling, etc.
Supportive and nurturing work enviornment
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 4, 2016
Whether you are a seasoned veteran or new to the field, you will find a home here at Compass Counseling. Compass Management puts Clinician needs first, understanding that a happy and supported Clinician is going to be able to provide a happy and supportive role in the clients they support.

Compass also has resources to support those going for licensure by offering Supervision and practicum hours.

Hours are flexible and you make your own schedule. Majority of the hours are evening and weekend as the population we serve is usually school age.
Pros
Trainings, company picnic, monthly staff meetings with lunch provided, weekly access to supervisor, mileage and social/therapeutic reimbursements
Cons
health care coverage only available after two months of full time hours billed
Terrific work environment
Full-time clinician-Resident in Counseling (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 31, 2016
I am a Resident in Counseling and have worked at Compass for more than a year. I have worked for other agencies and, while some may pay more or some may pay less, Compass has the best work environment of any agency I have associated with. Management is exceptional. Opportunities to develop and grow abound. This agency is ethical as well as efficient and is a wonderful place to learn your craft, perfect your craft, or simply practice your craft. Compass has the finest Resident/Supervisee program I have seen, anywhere. There is a multitude of practice modes, so finding a fit for time and focus of interest is easy. The work is great, the people are great, especially for a graduate student or recent graduate working toward licensure, but even those with a full and unrestricted license will find this a fulfilling place to work.
Pros
Fabulous environment and people; many different opportunities; excellent training
Cons
Can't think of any
Compass offers a supportive environment and encourages professional growth.
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 31, 2016
Compass offers so many opportunities for professional growth and provides a supportive work environment. Compass encourages clinicians to gain experience in a number of different settings (i.e. Therapeutic Day Treatment, Intensive In-Home, ABA Therapy, clinical assessments) in order to create well-rounded clinicians who are confident in providing quality clinical interventions to clients. Supervisors are supportive of clinicians and work hard to assist clinicians to continue to develop their clinical skills and reach their professional goals. Supervisors and administration are organized and professional. Compass offers a residency program for clinicians that are on the LPC and LCSW track in which clinicians are provided with clinical trainings, group, and individual supervision to count toward licensure. Compass continues to grow as an agency and offers a lot of opportunity for advancement within the agency.
Pros
Free residency supervision, training program, opportunities for advancement, experience in a variety of programs, and professional growth, friendly environment, supportive supervisors
Cons
Most positions require evening hours due to the clients Compass serves
Compass is a GREAT company to work for.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 2, 2016
Although I have only been with his company one month they are so very very organized. Then send everyone a email to invite them to the meetings and all I have to do is click yes and it is automaticly sent to my calendar. Then a day before the meeting we receive a reminder. and also through the calendar it beeps to let me know the meeting is in 15 minutes so I can complete what I am working on. I have never worked at such an organized place as this in all my years of working.

The people her are so friendly and nice. Everyone is treated like one big family member. They offer help to you always.
Pros
All training's are paid training's.
Cons
no set data collection forms it is left up to the clinician

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Counseling Services of NOVA. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about