Compass Group USA Employee Reviews

Compass Group
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2018
Compass Group is a great company to work for, they have good benefits and work life balance. Both of the district managers I have worked for have been amazing and so helpful. The two General Managers I have worked for have been disappointments. They don't care about anyone but themselves and have no work ethic.
Pros
Benifits, work life balance
Cons
GMs
It use to be fun, then it wasn't
Grill chef (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2018
I worked for Compass as a grill chef since 2009. I started out at $10.00. after 8-9 years I was just barely making $11.50. Thats just a $1.50 more than when I started. I was looked over for advancement. .
Poor Management and aggressive/uncaring HR team
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Limestone, MENovember 15, 2018
Average days at work were okay. Co-workers and supervisors were easy to get along with. The work itself isn't bad, but the way that this company manages their employees is simply wrong. They will back unethical behavior of their managers (such as discrimination) to the extent that even their HR representatives don't take human relation complaints as a valid grievance. If you do try to report the behavior of a manager, be prepared to be accused of having an ulterior motive or a vengeful attitude. Also, expect to do things that aren't in your job description. I was cooking in the kitchen more than doing dishes in the dishroom.

Should be 0 stars.
Pros
Free food, an in-the-trenches sort of bond with your co-workers
Cons
Management, Hr
Good company if you don't have career ambitions
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2018
As a hourly employee, this is a good company to work for because of the benefits and comfortable and safe working conditions. The major problem with this company, at least the division named Eurest, is that it is near impossible to move up as a line cook. They do not develop their entry-level talent. If fact, the better you are on the line, the less likely you are to move up. Total catch-22. I would advise anyone applying to Compass to come in as at least a sous chef if you want to work for a salary. Otherwise either work in their corporate office or forget it altogether.
Pros
Health insurance and paid days off.
Cons
Lack of career advancement opportunities for line cooks.
good place to work
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 2, 2018
good creative place to work, lots of freedom, holidays off, good pay, world wide company with plenty off room for growth,. Management willing to help with your caree.
Team atmosphere, team building events
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at Compass. I was thoroughly trained, was encouraged to ask for clarification and questions in general, and had morning and afternoon breaks. Escalated issues were stressful but had the opportunity to request help from senior staff. I learned a great deal and became confident in my position.
Pros
I worked 4 ten hour days, yearly review and raise
Cons
Stressful at times
Great hours and consistant schedule
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAOctober 23, 2018
Work is great although there is little to no room for advancement and the pay is pretty low compared to how much it cost to live and you still live pay check to pay check. The management team is great but some of the older people that have worked there for a while are a bit miserable at times. Its very great to interact with the people that work in the building and finding out their cultures.
Pros
Consistent schedule, no nights, no weekends
Cons
Low pay and little room for advancement
Compass group is pretty great.
Cake Decorator/Baker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2018
I'm not sure if this applies to all Compass groups. I work on a banks campus. We work early morning to early afternoon, we have off weekends and all bank holidays. The only down side is that there is not to much room for growth since we are limited to size. Also I wished they paid more. The company is great, they are laid back and cool. They do run a background check at the banks request, I'm not sure if they hire felons or not. You get to eat extremely cheap. Its 8 dollars a week for breakfast and lunch, half off for other things.
Pros
Great company, great benefits, great schedule
Cons
Pay is decent, but not competitive
Great Food, Great People Great Results
HRM (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Compass and would recommend this company. During my time at Compass in Memphis, Lisa A, Rich S, Bryan H, Arthur, Sharon and Jeff made everyday an adventure. The staff was always willing to go the extra mile for me and the patients. What an incredible experience that my job was to take care of the people who feed the sick.
Great Company has seen better days
Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 10, 2018
This company is dwindling and has over the last few years. It's a great job if you can get in the doors. They offer you less hours currently great for parents with kids in school. They are typically operational during the day and you get weekends off. Overtime offered.

Want to know more about Compass Group USA?

Ask a question
Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 4, 2018
Room for advancement, multiple job opportunities, leadership training and family oriented. Provides opportunities to explore other aspects for the company for various career opportunities. Management programs to enhance employee advancement.
I love my night crew people and my management team and cooks and chefs. They are all awesome and work well together.
Food Service/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 2, 2018
It is a highly demanding stressful job at times but I love the physical work of the job and you stay busy the whole shift you're working. I don't intend on leaving.
Pros
great coworkers and free meals
Cons
none really to me
Great food and good people
Director (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 1, 2018
I love the job but don't have a life outside of work. Company requires too many tasks not related to our jobs. Turn over has become a problem with in the last several years.
I learned a lot from working various concepts and being able to train for those concepts and participate in store openings i
UNIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2018
I had the opportunity to work at the Washington Navy Yard in a multi concept atmosphere.
The staff was diverse and a pleasure to work with. The management staff was well versed in the various concepts and we were able to conduct a lot of cross training.
Great Culture!
Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Terrific culture that is engaging and places high value on relationships.
Demanding fast pace where you can make an impact.
Rewarding because you are allowed to contribute and implement your ideas alongside others.
Awesome place to work.
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2018
I really liked working with this company, the management was good, they worked with you on scheduling. the co workers were good. I liked working in a College environment over all i really enjoyed my employment there!
Pros
free dinner
Cons
some people needed to be retaught how to work :)
family atmosphere
SUPERVISOR AND DIRECTOR OF STUDENT RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 17, 2018
Love my job but looking to grow financially. Would like to advance. Great people and atmosphere, but turn over is low so very little opportunity to move up.
Ok place to work for
OPTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 14, 2018
Many different accounts if you pair up with the right on you will loce your job but if not you will not it will be pure heck. Account managers are not trained properly in diversity and business ethics.
Great workplace balance
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Norwalk,CT.August 5, 2018
From experience, Morrison really should screen possible managers. Maybe give a probation period for management. Possibly get feedback from employees that are in direct communication with.... Have a. mandatory meeting monthly with all employees and management. Meetings make it. ( celebrate Birthdays,.Compass employee aniversaries. Open communication with staff and employees. Management must, and I say must give their worker a feeling and sense of inclusiveness.
I set up all school events that went on during school hours .
Lead day porter supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 31, 2018
I want to ware house work . So I'm looking for a change . I've been cleaning for schools for 5 years and I'm not going any where . I want to try something different .
Pros
The hours .6 to 230
Cons
Not paid well