Compass Group USA Employee Reviews

Great workplace balance
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Norwalk,CT.August 5, 2018
From experience, Morrison really should screen possible managers. Maybe give a probation period for management. Possibly get feedback from employees that are in direct communication with.... Have a. mandatory meeting monthly with all employees and management. Meetings make it. ( celebrate Birthdays,.Compass employee aniversaries. Open communication with staff and employees. Management must, and I say must give their worker a feeling and sense of inclusiveness.
I set up all school events that went on during school hours .
Lead day porter supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 31, 2018
I want to ware house work . So I'm looking for a change . I've been cleaning for schools for 5 years and I'm not going any where . I want to try something different .
Pros
The hours .6 to 230
Cons
Not paid well
Fun place to work
Unit Director (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 25, 2018
i Enjoy working here . Very large company. Upline is always available, also training and development plan for young managers are available. There are a lot of advancement opportunities.
Professional environment
Dinner chef (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 23, 2018
Compass Group is a large company that specializes in fine ding. They consistently provided us with the tools necessary to do our job. Management listened if there was an issue and they always made sure their clients were well taken care of.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
At times, the company seemed too large.
Good Food services company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2018
This a good place to work and they do offer great benefits insurance, vision, dental, retirement plan 401k. It is excellent if you need an opportunity to work in food services industry..
Pros
Yes you can eat for free during your luch time
Cons
30 min of break when you work at least 8 hours
A solid company to work for.
Executive Chef The Waters of Plymouth (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 15, 2018
Compass USA is a good company. I have enjoyed my time with the company and feel that the experience has been beneficial to my growth as a Chef. I believe that they have allowed me to enrich the lives of the residents I serve.
Pros
Excellent health care and benefits.
Cons
Lack of direction from senior management.
A busy place but great work environment.
Pizza Chef. Prep Cook. Action station (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
Your are busy the moment you clock in and stay at a steady pace throughout the day. I really enjoyed working there, Supervisors and Co-workers were so easy to communicate and work with.
Pros
Great work hours.
Cons
Pay could be better.
Decent first job
Cashier, Cook, Clean (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 8, 2018
Was a good first job but as a college student I was able to be coded as part time which meant some unfair things. I enjoyed my co-workers but after about a year into the job the management/supervisor position seemed to be inadequate for the person they gave it to. A lot of problems started to arise. However, I would still recommend the job to someone just starting out.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
No benefits for part time people (even when working full forty hours)
Obligation
Correctional Foodservice Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 27, 2018
The the best of my knowledge, Compass Group USA was dissolved, or was absorbed by Trinity Food Service, of which I have no opinion or experience with.
My reason for wanting to leave is the lack of hours and layoffs.
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 26, 2018
I have learned alot there and I do like my job but I need more and I need change. It is a faced paced place at times and others it's very slow. You do get the chance to learn all jobs there because they are always short handed. ok
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Layoffs
work place culture
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
Overall, this was a good work environment. Nice hard-working people. Job growth is available if you are kitchen staff, however if your talents lie on the business side you may have to relocate.
Pros
Free lunch, good people
Cons
management
A good company with poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2018
The company culture is inspiring but the management don’t follow that culture. I work in Baltimore, MD and the FNS Director and his assistant are the worse management people I’ve ever met. We have really valuable employees but our turn over is really high due to the way they are treated.
Also, as a manager I get PTO but holidays are taken out of my PTO.
Overall Compass Group is a good company but they have to be careful when hiring unit Directors.
Pros
Meal plan, fair salary
Cons
Poor management, HR don’t help
Cashier
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLMay 28, 2018
I enjoyed working for compass. Management could work on developing better communication skills. Its a fast pace work environment on your feet meeting customer needs. I enjoyed interacting with customers most.
Pros
Customers employees
Cons
Lack of communication
Do not work here through a temp agency
Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2018
The Temps get treated bad and looked down on and they usually will not hire you unless you work as a temp for 2 or more years. You will also do all the work while the full time compass employees sit around talking and doing nothing.
Pros
great break room
Cons
Temporary employees are not treated the same
Challenging but rewarding place to grow careers
Production Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2018
A typical day coulkd including managing hundreds of people, food and events. Our kitchens never stopped. I learned that hard work pays off, I was always promoted about every 2 years.
My management was good to me as long as I managed my business well.
The workplace culture was lacking in care and inabilities, the job was expected to get done no matter what!
The hardest but fun part of the job was the many hats worn to keep contract business in place.
Pros
great career growth
Cons
Tough business to manage
High paced
DIRECTOR OF FOOD SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 16, 2018
I love to be busy,everyday is pretty much a fast paced working environment. This makes my job fun for me. Compass Group has some great benefits, but they have higher expectations than is possible, at times. Management has a lot of responsibilities. I am a hands on manager that is willing to do what it takes to get the job done and done right. I am willing to get my hands dirty and I am willing to do the same jobs that I ask my employees to do. I love to have a relaxed, clean, and fun working environment ......yet I want things done properly keeping food safety a top priority. Customer satisfaction is extremely important and customer retention a priority. Staffing is the most difficult part of my job. It is so hard to find good, dependable help. I try to be respectable and fun to work with, but I draw the line.....between boss and friend. We are at work more hours than at home, so it's great if we can have fun while getting the job done.
Pros
fast paced, good benefits
Cons
lots of paperwork, high expectations without the resources needed to meet them
Did not like the culture of catering dept. at my location
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMay 14, 2018
I did not fit it with the culture. Very business minded on how to raise the bottom line. I learned how to use the Catertrax system that is very routine for Compass Group Catering.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits, overtime
Cons
Short breaks, fast paced environment
n/a
Catering Director (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 14, 2018
It is a large company that has great opportunities, you must read the description closely for the respective area. Make sure to ask job related questions.
Awesome place to work
BISTRO SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2018
Made alot of very good friends. Bosses pay attention to what you do and show appreciation. I was recommended for all my hard work,as well congratulated for my move
My Favorite Job
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Compass. If I had the opportunity, I would go back. They were extremely flexible when I began to transition from high school to my college career. They really do promote from within and it is not hard to advance in your career with Compass if you apply the dedication.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
12 hour work days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.