Compass Group USA Employee Reviews

I really liked working here I got along well with the students.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2019
This was my favorite job right here the environment was always positive if you started your day off sad by the end of the work day your guarantee to be smiling
Pros
The food was always good and many options for you and the students
Cons
The long bus ride was the only thing I didn't like about working here but I put that on the side
unprofessional
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKMarch 5, 2019
I have only worked for compass for a month at the local hospital where I live. and the night manger is really rude, and unprofessional. he caused a scene and made me cry infront of everyone... I would not recommend working for this company.. They only care about their self..
Great Company
Human Resources Manager (multi unit) (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 4, 2019
Great company to work for. Many opportunities for growth and advancement. Learning and development. Have been extremely motivated and engaged the entire time!
Pros
Meet and work with many people!
Cons
No cons
El hambiente en general es agradable. Los directivos son injustos a veces. Algunos miembros del management no son profesionales como devieran ser.
Cook/prep/to go (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 4, 2019
Dan Preparaición para que aprendas el trabajo, el trabajo es muy fácil, te dan 8 horas para laborar. Derecho a vacaciones pagadas, el lunch es muy economico para los empleados. El salario no es tan bueno, pero creo que pueda de mejorar.
Pros
El lunch para empleados, es muy economico.
Cons
El salario es bajo
Employed with opportunity
Treasury (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2019
Leadership does not cultivate or capitalize talent. Routine schedule, career paths are undefined. The most enjoyable part of the job are the associates, relationships built with colleagues.
Pros
Cafe onsite
Cons
Leadership
very on going work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2019
management could be better. the work culture is okay a lot demands . the hardest part was dealing with all the gossip .. other then that I enjoy being around the people in the hospital, specially the patients
Short time with company over 10 years ago
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 11, 2019
I worked for Compass Group at a small conference center in NJ back in 2008. I was hired to do sales and then the economy tanked and I was laid off. I don't blame them.
Pros
Decent company
Cons
Decent company
Good Overall
Resident District Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 7, 2019
I enjoy Compass Group overall. I think the potential is there but just behind on the current trends that I hold most passionate. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Long Long hours
Legal slavery
Area cleaner (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 6, 2019
You will be made to do numerous jobs will 5 managers hee hee and haw haw all nite.Others are sitting in there cars going home etc etc while your busting your butt .Management does absolutely nothing they do not support there employees.Very stressful if your not a favorite of the managers.Only incentive to work here is a employee referral bonus an they will do everything in there power to not give you the bonus when it's all said and done
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad management an no incentives
fun productive workplace
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 6, 2019
A typical work day consisted of me switching between cashier, sandwiches, and baking. Working at this job I learned a lot of patience dealing with so many personalities.
Fun place to work and grow
Business Management Intern/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Helpful staff and seniors. Managers and Directors and humble and helping. Promotions will come if you deserve. Best place to grow if you work hard and be sincere to your work.
Great Leaders
Catering Director (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 2, 2019
Couldn't ask for better bosses, great schedule, and very supportive management team. There are lots of areas to transfer and grow within the company.
Excellent Company
CERTIFEIED DIETARY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Treated fairly, excellent company to work for! Largest food contract company in the world. Plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company. Compass Group actually cares about their employees!
Good big company
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 11, 2019
It's a very large corporation. There is job security but a lot of anonymity to your work. There is a lot of bureaucracy as well. If stability is more important than creative freedom, this is a good place for you.
Overall
Cashier and Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2019
If you enjoy working in food service I would highly recommend this company. The wages are fair and the benefits are excellent. The staff and management are very professional.
Not bad just poor bipolar bosses
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 7, 2019
This company could care less about employees pure drama at the hospital were I worked HR sucked
.Very unprofessional environment mangers lie and fuss with you.Favoritism snitches wackos you name it this is in Virginia.
Pros
Most co workers are cool
Cons
Poor Management
If you have a work ethic. Stay away
Office Manager/Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2019
They don't care if you want to work and care about your job, Don't worry if you care about food safety they wiil make sure you no longer care because they don't
Follow what the dining manager and assistant do and you will not have to work and can work high, disappear for hours to smoke more poy. Keep alcohol in a water bottlr in your car and enjoy throughout the day.
Being a great Supervisor
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALJanuary 1, 2019
I love being around people. Especially when I am serving them with great customer service. I want to treat people how I want to be treated. No matter how a customer is upset my job is to keep the customer calm and never let them see you get upset.
collaborative, fun, quick paced environment
Assistant Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILJanuary 1, 2019
Inclusive culture where opinions are valued and employees work together to meet a common goal. Loved working with the seniors they brightened my day everyday.
Pros
work-life balance
Great place to be at some point
Unit Controller/Café Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2018
Compass Group is a bigger Organization in which RA. I have been working with Restaurant associates for more than 3 years and I had a lot of promotion but the pay is not competitive. if they like you, they will give you more money or better position, but if they don't no matter hard you will work you will stay at the same rate even getting promoted
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
healthcare