Compass Group USA Employee Reviews

Compass group is pretty great.
Cake Decorator/Baker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2018
I'm not sure if this applies to all Compass groups. I work on a banks campus. We work early morning to early afternoon, we have off weekends and all bank holidays. The only down side is that there is not to much room for growth since we are limited to size. Also I wished they paid more. The company is great, they are laid back and cool. They do run a background check at the banks request, I'm not sure if they hire felons or not. You get to eat extremely cheap. Its 8 dollars a week for breakfast and lunch, half off for other things.
Pros
Great company, great benefits, great schedule
Cons
Pay is decent, but not competitive
Great Company has seen better days
Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 10, 2018
This company is dwindling and has over the last few years. It's a great job if you can get in the doors. They offer you less hours currently great for parents with kids in school. They are typically operational during the day and you get weekends off. Overtime offered.
Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 4, 2018
Room for advancement, multiple job opportunities, leadership training and family oriented. Provides opportunities to explore other aspects for the company for various career opportunities. Management programs to enhance employee advancement.
I love my night crew people and my management team and cooks and chefs. They are all awesome and work well together.
Food Service/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 2, 2018
It is a highly demanding stressful job at times but I love the physical work of the job and you stay busy the whole shift you're working. I don't intend on leaving.
Pros
great coworkers and free meals
Cons
none really to me
Great food and good people
Director (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 1, 2018
I love the job but don't have a life outside of work. Company requires too many tasks not related to our jobs. Turn over has become a problem with in the last several years.
I learned a lot from working various concepts and being able to train for those concepts and participate in store openings i
UNIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2018
I had the opportunity to work at the Washington Navy Yard in a multi concept atmosphere.
The staff was diverse and a pleasure to work with. The management staff was well versed in the various concepts and we were able to conduct a lot of cross training.
Great Culture!
Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Terrific culture that is engaging and places high value on relationships.
Demanding fast pace where you can make an impact.
Rewarding because you are allowed to contribute and implement your ideas alongside others.
Awesome place to work.
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2018
I really liked working with this company, the management was good, they worked with you on scheduling. the co workers were good. I liked working in a College environment over all i really enjoyed my employment there!
Pros
free dinner
Cons
some people needed to be retaught how to work :)
family atmosphere
SUPERVISOR AND DIRECTOR OF STUDENT RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 17, 2018
Love my job but looking to grow financially. Would like to advance. Great people and atmosphere, but turn over is low so very little opportunity to move up.
Ok place to work for
OPTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 14, 2018
Many different accounts if you pair up with the right on you will loce your job but if not you will not it will be pure heck. Account managers are not trained properly in diversity and business ethics.
Great workplace balance
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Norwalk,CT.August 5, 2018
From experience, Morrison really should screen possible managers. Maybe give a probation period for management. Possibly get feedback from employees that are in direct communication with.... Have a. mandatory meeting monthly with all employees and management. Meetings make it. ( celebrate Birthdays,.Compass employee aniversaries. Open communication with staff and employees. Management must, and I say must give their worker a feeling and sense of inclusiveness.
I set up all school events that went on during school hours .
Lead day porter supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 31, 2018
I want to ware house work . So I'm looking for a change . I've been cleaning for schools for 5 years and I'm not going any where . I want to try something different .
Pros
The hours .6 to 230
Cons
Not paid well
Fun place to work
Unit Director (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 25, 2018
i Enjoy working here . Very large company. Upline is always available, also training and development plan for young managers are available. There are a lot of advancement opportunities.
Professional environment
Dinner chef (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 23, 2018
Compass Group is a large company that specializes in fine ding. They consistently provided us with the tools necessary to do our job. Management listened if there was an issue and they always made sure their clients were well taken care of.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
At times, the company seemed too large.
Good Food services company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2018
This a good place to work and they do offer great benefits insurance, vision, dental, retirement plan 401k. It is excellent if you need an opportunity to work in food services industry..
Pros
Yes you can eat for free during your luch time
Cons
30 min of break when you work at least 8 hours
A solid company to work for.
Executive Chef The Waters of Plymouth (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 15, 2018
Compass USA is a good company. I have enjoyed my time with the company and feel that the experience has been beneficial to my growth as a Chef. I believe that they have allowed me to enrich the lives of the residents I serve.
Pros
Excellent health care and benefits.
Cons
Lack of direction from senior management.
A busy place but great work environment.
Pizza Chef. Prep Cook. Action station (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
Your are busy the moment you clock in and stay at a steady pace throughout the day. I really enjoyed working there, Supervisors and Co-workers were so easy to communicate and work with.
Pros
Great work hours.
Cons
Pay could be better.
Decent first job
Cashier, Cook, Clean (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 8, 2018
Was a good first job but as a college student I was able to be coded as part time which meant some unfair things. I enjoyed my co-workers but after about a year into the job the management/supervisor position seemed to be inadequate for the person they gave it to. A lot of problems started to arise. However, I would still recommend the job to someone just starting out.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
No benefits for part time people (even when working full forty hours)
Obligation
Correctional Foodservice Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 27, 2018
The the best of my knowledge, Compass Group USA was dissolved, or was absorbed by Trinity Food Service, of which I have no opinion or experience with.
My reason for wanting to leave is the lack of hours and layoffs.
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 26, 2018
I have learned alot there and I do like my job but I need more and I need change. It is a faced paced place at times and others it's very slow. You do get the chance to learn all jobs there because they are always short handed. ok
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Layoffs