Compass Group

United States4,160 reviews

Found 4,160 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,238 reviews
groupcheffoodfreemeallunchmanagerkitchen

Great experience

I was a great company to be apart of .leaving my teammates was a struggle for me we became a family. I had to keep seeking to improve my career at any means necessary.

Job experience that I have gained.

It’s an up and down schedule which doesn’t help home life if you have kids. I have friends there. The food is ok. Management needs improvement. They are currently short staffed so everyone is doubling their duties there and that doesn’t help.

Self reliance=experience to run your own business

Coffee shop inside a medic building self ran by the 2 baristas the work there. Ran as smoothly aa possible without help from bosses that weren't on location. Regular employee customers were nice for the most part. Making coffee great! Could be beneficial to let workers make tips since company doesnt compensate for experience

Un trabajo estresante

Es un trabajo de cocina si te gusta la cocina sabes lo que no tengo comentarios sólo deberían mejorar su salario bonos he instintivos.

Pros

Ninguno

Cons

Ninguno

My skills are appreciated and our team is goal oriented and successful

I have worked for compass with Eurest and unidine , my experience is that it is a very professional environment and creativity is expected and appreciated

Don't go there ever

A lot to do in so little hours. And also had to use the potwash machine. And dishwasher. And empty the bins and food waste. And sweep and mop the floors. It was so much stressful Do not take any job with this company. Too many managers .

Cons

Too much to do. In the hours

Productive fun workplace

I have No complaints enjoyed my time with compass looking toward to opportunities in the future. Good management good brokers. Best for an experienced agent.

Best Company to work for

The absolute best company I have ever worked for. The collaboration and culture are the most wonderful aspects of working here. I am blessed to call Compass home.

Good job

Has its issues. But overall good company. Pay could be better but if you have a good staff then can be a rewarding job. Work life balance is very good.

Poor management

Poor management, always baby steps, been over a year. Manager always say" First I heard of it!"Told in person, texting themMost everyone here is quitting.Have my 10 year certificate for working for compass group.This is the poorest run

The workplace was horrible

Extremely understaffed; callouts were the norm, management had no idea what they were doing, and pay was an absolute joke. Jobs nowadays offer $12/hr and expect employees to be upbeat and happy, meanwhile their job is lousy and they’re struggling to make ends meet.

Good Company

Overall Compass Group really stands behind their claims of in house advancement. However, you are under paid for all the work you put in. If you are blessed enough to habe great leaders teaching you and guiding and mentoring you...you will continue to advance and excel at your job. Unfortunately, within this company like many others there are a few bad apples. I would not let that discourage your desire to advance. There are really good people within this company that far outweigh the negatives. If I had to give any criticism it would be the low pay for leadership. And the lack of acknowledgement at times for all their hard work and sacrifices. I also wish we had better training in the systems and in new job roles. Hopefully this too will change as time goes on! I totally still stand behind my company and look forward to many more years with them.

n/a

A typical day at work is Order processing.Try to learn new vocabulary for catering and culinary assisting. Administrating work for Head Chef for everyday event and conferences.

Poor Management

The kitchens are small and need more workers but have no room to hire more people. The management isn't willing to work with schedules. They discourage talking or having friendships with coworkers.

Pros

Free food.

Cons

Aweful management

Room for growth, training available

Working for compass work group started off as an amazing experience, I was very excited upon getting hired. After some time I was extremely overworked and underpaid. I was put to work an entire shift alone on multiple occasions without management or a supervisor present leaving me overwhelmed. Anytime I reached out for support I was shunned away and there was always retaliation. Such as a write up for a made up scenario or me being given harder or more task then others. There was an entire family in kahoots with a man in the management office and they’re family would pick and pick at me while I was doing my best. The guest were amazing and I loved working there. I even made some really good friends there. Everything was great until they changed management and the family they had running the area were abusing their authority. I hope things have changed since then. Although I appreciate the learning experience and opportunity, this work environment impacted me, my productivity, and health horribly at the time.

Pros

Free lunches, great break time, benefits, you can meet great people here

Cons

Management, lack of communication

No very hostel

They fond any little thing to get you in trouble and they call you to the office for other reasons and they make you over think your job proformice and they always bring up the past and it makes you think your no good to do your job

Pros

No I could think of

Cons

No free lunch

Quite literally the worst job Ive ever had.

Management is a hot mess. Higher ups very standoffish and unapproachable. Pay is a joke for the amount of work expected.Good for students who live at home without bills. Cannot possibly survive on such low pay. Especially in 2022! No systems in place and inefficient protocols. Forced to take break even if you dont need it. Job is easy overall but morale is horrible. Couldn’t wait to clock out and go home. Mostly Everyone speaks spanish and barely any English so theres zero communication. Kitchen is filthy dirty and “cooks” are all from temp agencies who seem like they don’t even want to be there. Awful awful awful place to work. Enter at your own risk.

Poor management. Lack of communication. Stressful environment. Manger has the tendency to yell and raise voice when concerns are brought forward. Lack of supplies, when you ask for them met with annoyance.

Pros

Pay

Enjoyed working with the people and schedule I needed always had shift coverage by management when needed. Would enjoy the relationship with others and the team work.

Very unorganized

I worked here for about a year, and as far as feeling belonged you really do, and work as a team! But too many people calling out, and then they ask me after I covered 3 days in a row working doubles. I couldn't cover another shift after working 1st to work 3rd plus I have a family... But with that being said she literally got upset with me, and that's crazy! People talk about you behind your back including the manager with other employees and then the manager tells you the employees were talking about you.... It's crazy!!!

Stopgap

Best utilized as a job until you find one you want. While the managers and staff were decent, executives suffer a massive disconnect from reality on the day to day functioning of their locations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Compass Group.
Powered byComparably