Compass Group Employee Reviews

Not bad place to work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INOctober 20, 2018
Overall was a great place to work, management could have been better. I learned a lot about supervision and was very proud to have worked for them. I had to leave for personal reasons unfortunately.
Housekeeper Orlando ,Florida
Housekeeper Aide (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaOctober 19, 2018
Where do I start . EVS Orlando nemours stay away . This place is nothing but drama coming to work everyday is like coming to live talk show 97% of the employee there is Spanish they don’t speak English there and it hard to understand what they are saying . I was there for long hard 9 months . I see things there hear things mangements is sleeping with each and I. The hospital rooms yes I seen it myself . One team leader is still there after getting so much write ups .the staff isn’t friendly and they have no problem selling you out if you don’t do your work .
Pros
None you don’t get anything
Cons
Health benefit good
Great Company
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2018
Compass Group Is A Great Company They provide you with excellent benefits . I Learned How to Make deposit count draws down , i learned how to fix customer complaints. And i learned how to train my new employees
Pay us way to low they will always have a high turnover
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2018
7.25 for housekeeping here smh not enough to live on at all look what all you have to do they pay more at hotels for Memphis compass group got to get better
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay
Fast paced corporate kitchen
LEAD COOK (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 18, 2018
Depending on your skill set, you will be following a structured menu and recipes etc. If you show a higher kitchen IQ they will let you create your own product.
Pros
Benifits..
Cons
Its a kitchen man. It's stressful hard work.
Horrible experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 18, 2018
This is a horrible workplace management sucks the company tried to takes the employees vacation paid hours , making you borrow time that will result in no vacation hours at all
Very poor management, needs to be held accountable.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2018
I worked for Compass Group for 8 years. It was great when you first start working for them and saying “yes” to everything they are asking of you. They started making us working on our weekends off, doing openings and if we told them “no,” then we had to find a salaried replacement to go.
Pay is competitive based on experience, but expect a ton if corporate paperwork, and very little bonus potential. Budgets are unachievable.
Upper Management has little to no training, and is last minute on all assignments/deadlines. A very stressful environment. Management asks to manipulate numbers, and then we are held accountable for the changes.
A very cut throat, dishonest, every man for themselves environment.
Pros
Competitive pay, good benefits
Cons
Working on weekends off
Cut Throat corporation
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2018
When you're in with the right people it's great. When you're not it's bad. It can be a great company if you are an hourly associate. Great hours and benefits. If you're salary, they work you to death.
Pros
work life balance for hourly associates
Cons
politics, shady business, unfair treatment based on sex
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2018
Good place to work needs improvement in Management the workers work together as a team sometimes the managers help the food is great some areas are really short handed
Pros
Wellness Days a year
Great Client
Assistant Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2018
Flexible reasonable hours as long as we got our job done.
Client was the best to work for
Had a great Managers team.
The City was a great place to work in
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Working holidays
Great Work Place
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
My time at Compass has been everything I could have hoped for. My time there I was able to learn so much about me and how the food and support services industry works. There's great career advancement and the people there are awesome to work with.
it's like a box of chocolates-never know what you're going to get
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 16, 2018
day/night report from supervisor before your shift begins, daily cleaning with in patients as well as turn over rooms as the patients being discharged from the hospital.
Pros
free uniforms
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Busy place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 14, 2018
Co-Workers were great, food was great, and you were always encouraged to learn new things and broaden your knowledge. Continuous training was provided. Everyone was nice and positive and there was never a shortage of coffee.
Pros
Free lunches and the people
Cons
the never knowing what building you would be working in everyday.
No work life balance
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2018
Company will send you anywhere during the off season, there is no work life balance, and they will not promote you unless you have a previous relationship with someone at the job.
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  NJ AND PAOctober 14, 2018
The clients are great people top work with.the work day seems to go fast because your busy.get all holidays and weekends off. good benefits,early hours.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
some long nights
Fun entry level kitchen
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 13, 2018
I worked in the Cafe of a large cell phone provider. I ran the deli counter for the midshift of the day. Usual tasks included: slicing meats and cheeses, building sandwiches ahead of time, and to order, tearing down and closing the station, and sometimes running the cash register or stocking the salad bar.
Pros
free starbucks, meals were subtracted from paycheck for $15 a pay period
Don't do it
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 12, 2018
This was a horrible place to work. They don't care about their employees. They have high turnover. The pay is horrible. I would never go back. The management was horrible.
Pros
Cons
Pay. Disrespect. Everything.
Worst Professional Experience
Senior Catering Director (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2018
I was hired as a leader for an account transitioning from one Compass vendor to another. From the beginning there was no structure, no plan, no communication. As a new employee I’d have expected some sort of company orientation, but there was none. The senior level management that came from other accounts to lead the transition were demeaning and borderline harassing, which was brought to the attention of even-more senior level managers and yet nothing was done. The staff that stayed on from the previous vendor was the most unprofessional that I’ve ever come in contact with and had no desire to do quality work. It was so unbearable that a number of managers hired for the transition left a few months in and those that were still there were looking for new employment.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessionalism, disorganization, lack of communication
Time goes by fast
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
Work schedules:
5:30 - 1:30 - Opener
6:15 - 2:30 - Lunch Closer
7:00 - 3:30 - Assistant Managers Assistant (lol)

The job is nice, it goes by so fast and its quiet and peaceful.
I was a lunch closer, a typical day at work would be to come in at 6:15 and fill up anything that we will need for lunch such as cups, salad dressings/toppings, crackers, salsas, napkins, utensils etc.
then at 9am we will close breakfast and we would chill for 15min, after that we will start setting up for lunch. so we would take out the soups, cut desserts, cut lemons, bring out cold drinks, put rolls out etc. After that at 10:30 we would take out 30min break and we would go back to work at 11:00pm. From 11 to 1:30 we would cashier and time would fly by. Cashiering is easy, because everything is easy to read, you don't need to remember anything and they write down what food they got from what station. After its 1:30 you close the gates and clean up. After you clean up you just clock out and go home.
A fast easy day, management was nice too, my assistant manager was friendly and really nice to get along with.
But one thing you should know is that all compass group restaurants are different, they have different managers, different rules, maybe different schedules?
C-Suite Guest Service Agent/Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
I was unhappy almost the whole time working for this company. Not only do i disagree about the management but I also disagree on how they treat their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight