Compass Group Employee Reviews

absouletly horrible
Housekeeping Touchpoint St. Vincent's Hospital (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 7, 2018
Poor management, and no team work, everyone is cut throats, and there is no room for advancement with that company in st. vi cent's hospital in Birmingham Alabama.
Pros
its only 8 hours
Cons
poor management
Salary
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mcdough gaDecember 7, 2018
Good company but need to pay more money that salary is for a person who just left out of highschool very low on cleaning products poor mangerment no security at night at the schools bad turn over they just need to be organized
Good place to work with little advancement.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Clarksdale, MSDecember 7, 2018
Have enjoyed working there. Need a better paying position. Relocated and need a shorter commute. I am a fast learner and can work in any safe environment with the proper equipment provided for the job I am doing at the time.
Pros
Cross training in ither areas.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Productive work place. Must like working at a fast pace.
Custodian Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henry County, GADecember 6, 2018
Time management is needed when working at all times. Walking 90 % of the time. Nice place to work. Nice staff that work with the school. Must love children. Must be a people person.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Must be able to walk the whole shift.
Great company poor district management
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2018
The company is great depending on the sector that you work for. The last sector I work for have was very poor management. The district Manager very bad
Pros
vacation time
Fast paced work
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 3, 2018
As a sous chef I did all the entrée all by myself.( Rarely helpfrom our Executive chef). I like to work hard anyways, and also I can planning the menu.
Pros
Work hour
Cons
Site closed
Too many management layers...
Director of Business Development - Facilities (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 2, 2018
Management staff is more interested in talking to each other than training and working with the sales team. Lots of auatonomy to operate, but lack of field level support to succeed.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
management
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Evansville InNovember 30, 2018
Housekeeping it has been people they’re at the hospital not cleaning The room is properly hey seeing that within the company in the atmosphere it was competitive a lot of adults this over the age 45 that has been there for years seem to have the upper hand and lie on others that company saying very racist not only to myself but other employees as well the nurses staff at the hospital is very rude they physically make contact my knocking you down and when I reported it nothing worth talking of action which made me feel like a supposed to take that
safe place to work
Kitchen Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZNovember 30, 2018
• Maintained kitchen under supervision.
• Worked and supervised with 30-40 correctional inmates every day under supervision with a correctional officer in the kitchen area.
• Inventory control maintained documents such as an assistance, kitchen job opening, and food measures.
• Food displays such as: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
• Inspect kitchen food lines and dining areas, before food was served on time for the inmates.
Pros
safe environment
Cons
n/a
great place to work
Caterer\Cook (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 29, 2018
was great group of people to work with. location was very good. Hours were very good also. Pay was my reason for leaving. I wanted more and they were unable to give it to me,
Great place to meet people
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2018
Compass is a great team to work for enjoyed every year I was with them .. Never had a complaint one time. Mangment team was awesome always thought of the employees first.
Unprofessional Unfair work environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 29, 2018
No teamwork, managers not involved, managers always has attitude, lots of favoritism shown. Managers gossip with employees about other employees.. Actually with better management the company may run alot smoother, but management makes for an very hostile environment.
Cons
Work on holidays with no extra pay
work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXNovember 28, 2018
I always have an good day at work with all my coworkers mangers are awesome they have me laughing on my bad days housekeeping not that hard its easy to me.
Pros
Cons
30 mins
Good company
Chef (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WANovember 26, 2018
Having a good time at this job. But always looking for better. Food is free for all the googlers. So no stress about making sales. Just have to know what you are doing to be able to keep up with the hi pace.
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lexington, kyNovember 26, 2018
The management is unorganized and disrespectful. They treat you like a kid and try to talk to you like you're a kid. They show favoritism. They overwhelm you with extra work to do. No wonder the turnover rate is ridiculous.
Benefits
Southwest Memorial Hermann
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  SOUTHWEST MEMEROIAL HERMANNovember 26, 2018
Do not.....Warning do not work for this company the managers are disrespectful it's not worth all the ignorance that goes on no wonder they are always hiring. This is one of the worst jobs I've ever had was working for crothal I will never refer anyone to that company. Ur setting your self up for failure if u ever go work for some ungrateful disrespectful people that truly don't give a dang about their employees.
I would have liked to be promoted
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Social Circle, GANovember 25, 2018
The chef I worked with was very knowledgeable and like the company that compass serviced I would recommend others to work for and with compass group at any of their locations
Pros
Work hours good
Cons
Had meal fee
Great company to work for
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYNovember 24, 2018
I have worked for compass group for 11years. That are a great company to work for. They provide help with schooling through university of phoenix. Room for advancement if you are willing to travel.
Pros
Discount on lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 23, 2018
It is a great company that cares about customers and employees. There is a great team work environment. They offer bonus when you are promoting and increasing sales.
Pros
bonus
Cons
healthcare
Productive and fun work place good staff and good management
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Beebe, ARNovember 21, 2018
Supervisor was really good we got along well with each other and I got along well with the other staff and the teachers were really nice as well and we got to pizza parts every other month
Pros
Pizza partys every other month
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight