Compass Group Employee Reviews

Not worth it, horrible horrible company (just look at all the other reviews!)
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Beaver County, PADecember 10, 2017
Favoritism*drama*lack of respect*no care for people and their home lives*very very low pay with **maybe** a 15 cent raise after 3 years of working*their meal planning is based off money as the residents complain frequently about how terrible the meals are*meals are cold by the time the residents receive them due to old/broken equipment*same meals almost every day*some people can no call no show several times in a month and still have their job and other receive "points" against them even with a 7 day in advance call off*bad management leads to good employees leaving their job* Basically, this is a horrible company to work for, and I feel sorry for the residents as they deal with the repercussions of it all. I wish I was exaggerating all of this, but I'm not. It is terrible. Not to mention Ive recently noticed other jobs in my area, the SAME type of job, pay 5 dollars more!! I will be finding another job very soon.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything, literally
Worst job ever
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 9, 2017
Seriously underpaid. Terrible work environment everyone just talks bad about each other behind everyone’s backs. Patients don’t even want someone coming in their room. You work 12 hours a day but you’re there for 13 so if you work consecutive days in a row you don’t have time for anything in your personal life.
Pros
Found a new job
Cons
Pay, coworkers, stress level, work load
Not a good place to work at all!!! I wouldn't recommend nobody to work here even if they needed a job. Management is the worst!
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 9, 2017
Not a good company to work for! The worse company to work for actually. I wouldn't recommend this job to no one not even my worst enemy. Management, Management, Management that's all I need to say. Absolutely the worst! The only thing good about this job is going home. I really dont think that this company is going to survive long because of how they treat their employees.
Pros
On your on...I guess
Cons
Poor company, no customer or employee concern
Suprvisor/Senior Cook (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 9, 2017
Managers focus is on money. NO concern for customer satisfaction or employee satisfaction. HR does not provide support. Over 1 hold on phone and no email responses.
Pros
not a good company over, just do your job
Cons
no concern for customer satisfation or employee satisfaction
I wasn't told I would be the main dishwasher
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Gladwin SchoolsDecember 8, 2017
I thought I would be doing food service, as the ad stated. I did very little food service and did major dishes and pan washing. It was very hard, back breaking work. I feel that they should put in the ad that more than half of your work load is Dish Washer!
Pros
Got to work with the kids
Cons
washing huge pans in huge sinks
Fun place but no growth
Cashier (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 5, 2017
It was a great place to work at. Mon-Fri, no weekends and latest that you're there is 7pm if you're the closer that day. Managers were nice and cool but weren't the best at managing. They focused more on having fun. Hence why I said no growth. But other than that, it was a nice experience.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Little pay for the amount of work
Drama and favoritism
Employee (Former Employee) –  League City, TXDecember 5, 2017
Don’t do it! Horrible management. Unorganized and full of drama, favoritism and back stabbing. Too much work and never enough people to do it. They promise the residents 5 star service but never want to hire enough people to do it. You are constantly overwhelmed with work and the raises are pennies not dollars. They do not care about the employees or the residents, only the bottom dollar. There is no one on Management staff you can confide in or trust. Worst place I’ve ever worked.
Pros
The residents are sweet
Cons
Too much work, always understaffed, favoritism, drama, no one knows how to do their job
fun
Food Service Contractor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 5, 2017
Great place
to to work if you are interested in food.you can grow and learn just remain confident and be strong in your decisions and excel. this place can be grat for cooks in the making.
competetive school dining
DIRECTOR OF DINING (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 5, 2017
Overall a good place to work No real room for advancing unless contracts for new school districts were received. Hiring stay at home parents and grandparents.
Pros
quality of life type of job, no weekends, rarely any nights
Cons
no room for advance, 7 years in same position, more lateral moves than anything
Very Fun Workplace
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2017
I loved working for compass group. I hope to find a better job in my field ging forth with my life. Its a very great atmosphere. Ienjoyed taking care of customers in such a high volume area.
Fun and Fast paced work
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJDecember 2, 2017
I loved it when I worked part time at Compass Group. Managers were friendly and at the same time they want to keep the work perfect. They will help us with our work when we asked them. other workers are also friendly and when we ask for help they will.
Pros
Free lunches
Terrible work environment
Unit Director (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 2, 2017
Compass Group had a terrible work environment. There was tons of favoritism and also harassment. I was pushed out after I had surgery and returned to work. Upper management made decisions that made no sense and treated workers and lower management very unfairly. They chose to advance the workers who agreed with them, even if the didn't work very mush or have good ideas.
Pros
I can't think of any.
Cons
Terribel workplace culture
N/a
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 2, 2017
A good company to work if you love working wit elderly people.
They work good with your school schedule
They always recognize a hard and fast worker that is always on time
If you like working with people and helping others it's a great job.
Patient Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 1, 2017
I liked the job but the management was horrible. Don't get me wrong my immediate supervisor was amazing, but the manager was horrible. I would still be there if it wasn't for her.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
shift work, no holidays off, management
Fast paced and productive
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2017
You have to be very efficient and dedicated while filling that particular position for that job. Being on time and ready to work with no excuses is needed as well as being respectful to everyone despite the way they treat you.
Pros
Daily Meetings
Cons
Short Breaks
Reviw Summary
Barista and Front of House Lead (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 1, 2017
Nice place to work. Day shifts, Monday through Friday. Lots of advancement opportunities. Free lunch or breakfast, you can choose one. All the free soda and juice you can drink.
Ugly ways they handle everyone
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 30, 2017
Management sucks here. They dont care about anyone but themselves. They write you up no matter what even if you have a drs note from being in the hospital after a car crash and cant make it to work before. They write you up if you wear ur uniform. They dont want any good people workinh for them. They play favorites there real bad. I loved what i did but couldnt stay bc of the people. I have kids i dont have time for their stupidness !! Also their pay is like 7 an hr..!! Really thats to low especially for someone like me that has kids at home.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Management and low pay
great workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INNovember 29, 2017
great work with good employees, fun to work with and management were flexible with scheduling and allowed you to work overtime, lack of job advancement and low pay
Great place to work at
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2017
Really nice customers, employees were nice and hard working. Flexible schedule, managers were very nice and they would try to work with you if you had an issue.
Managment is great
Chef Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 28, 2017
Not trying to speak for anyone else but my own personal experience. i worked there for a few months, and enjoyed most of time there. I found the place to be a little lack luster. Not that a job should have it but growth did not seem like an option. There was one cook who was where he was for a while. which is what he wanted but not myself. I had asked for a higher pay when hired and was told that he wasnt really allowed to go higher then what he gave me. A few months later a new employee comes in with what i had asked for. little things boil the pot.
Pros
good pay, good hours, experience
Cons
short breaks, standing all day, high expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.