Compass Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,584 reviews matching the search See all 3,281 reviews
This is a okay from but it’s to stressful when u have to double cover all most every day
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
The people are nice and some of the managers are to .. the staff are okay the patients are wonderful it just the job and the work u have to do it isn’t worth $10 wen ur double covering every day
Not a good place to work.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 17, 2018
At first it seemed to be a great place to work. Football season is the only time you will get your hours. Its a seasonal job with to much off time. But overall there are a lot of great people to work with.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
To much off time
Chartwell Food Seervice is Bad place to work !!!!
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIAugust 16, 2018
Don't waist your time with this company - Chartwell - !!! Bad place to work !!! Chartwell is not a good place to work !!
Back stabbing fellow employees. Very Very Bad manager.
Not worth the money you make. Bad Bad Bad
Worst management I've ever seen
Barista (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 16, 2018
The benefits of this job were the kind and familiar customers and the wage. I had plenty of fun when I was working here as long as I was never around the managers. Management here was completely hostile and uncaring, taking hours away at random and constantly uprooting established employees to "make room" for new employees that hardly ever stayed longer than a few weeks. Even the leads were constantly mistreated by the managers here. I had to get a hold of the HR department information from another disgruntled employee in secret because everyone who works here is terrified to be caught complaining.
Pros
Free food and coffee, friendly customers
Cons
Productive and very interesting place to work lots of great people
Washington University Bon Appetite (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2018
I'd say a typical day at work with the company was great lots of cool smart people to meet a lot of great energy.I learned so much different things every day because of its so many smart students around. It is a multicultural workplace. the most enjoyable part of the day is serving the children.
Great for Growth
Sr. Director of Food & Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2018
They provide the training and support team necessary to assist with career development. Benefits and salary packages offered here are competitive against other corporations.
productive busy work enviornment
RETAIL CATERING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Lookout Mtn, GAAugust 15, 2018
Fast paced, high volume account. Some work days were very long and we were always short staffed which made it very stressful. the salaried position was changed to hourly which didn't work for me.
compass group
Cook (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 15, 2018
it was a good experience working up there at compass group i learned alot working up there management was ok. the hardest part of the job is working with people that dont like to do there jobs the most enjoyable part of the job is serving the public in a timely manner
Pros
free lunchies
Cons
short breaks
Great Company with plenty of benefits and opportunities for growth
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 15, 2018
A Company that is well defined with processes and systems in place to help the organization run successfully. Plenty of opportunities to move up in the company with multiple benefits.
Pros
Competitive salaries and benefits
Compass Group is a decent place to work
Senior Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2018
Although the turnover in the department where I work is very high, those who are able to grasp the concept of the work we do are utilized effectively.
Excellent People to work with but pay rate is not worth the job
Sous Chef/Prep Cook/Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAAugust 14, 2018
If the pay rate and the schedule was better, the job would be ideal. Other than that, the people I worked with are great. Most of the people I worked with were great too.
Management is lazy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 13, 2018
Management is very lazy at this location, one just sits and stuffs her face all day, the other is so crippled she can't even walk. I can't work for somebody that can't physically train me. The only good thing about this job is that you are guaranteed 40 hours a week. Pay is too low for the bs you put up with. They do not appreciate their good employees.
Pros
Full Time hours
Cons
Terrible management and low pay
Lack of communication
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 12, 2018
There is a break in the communication between management and employees. This causes confusion and poor work environment. With the lack of proper information and guidance for employees to accomplish the desired job the end result tends to be a poor outcome.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hostile work atmosphere
needs changes
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYAugust 11, 2018
the pace is fast and i think their expectations are for you to catch on quick...altho i appreciate getting hired if youre not physically fit dont apply...they really need to break new hires in slowly...and not expect them to do 10 things in an hour...maybe organize a little better so workers arent overwhelmed where theyll want to walk out....10 minutes is not enough time to fill a milk cooler...you ll be on your feet all day in a hot area with no air circulation...but the days go by fast...
Pros
work day flies some coworkers are helpful
Cons
too much to do in little amount of time
Very stressful job no benefits
Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 10, 2018
I work for some good time over 10 hrs a day, they had me work several Saturdays promising extra money, they didn't pay me for any Saturday that I worked. They don't take care of the employees, I had to leave due to an emergency they fired me pretending it was job abandonment when I had called them.
Pros
Cons
Stressful
Challenging
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 10, 2018
Since my time at Chartwells / Compass at the University I've been trying to come up with five single words that would describe my experience. I'll list them in order of most appropriate first.
1. Stressful
2. Overwhelming
3. Challenging
4. Confusing
5. Frustrating

In my job history I've probably never had a job as frustrating as this one. If you join management in any capacity, prepare to have a limited work life balance. The pay is appropriate but the work load and schedule is not consistent. This is due to mainly the ebb and flow of the University. Summers you may be laid off even if management promises you'll be kept. During school times business is brutal due to the high traffic. I had many days without a break. Labor was kept low and we ran on low crew counts often. There is a very corporate mindset which prizes image above all else. Management says the right things but in reality some of those things never come to pass or seem to be outright lies. Low performing employees are coddled while high performers eventually leave due to standards and policies not being enforced consistently. Lots of gossip and backbiting among employees. The positives are the benefits, free shoes, free meals. If you are beginning your work life and are young, this might be a good place to start. You'll learn how to navigate a corporate world. If you can handle high amounts of frustration and stress you'll fit right in.
Pros
Benefits, Meals, Shoes
Cons
Inconsistent work schedule
Rough
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 9, 2018
It is very very fast paced. They keep the staffs hours VERY lean. Does not hold contracts and if they do not find you another place to work you are going to scramble to find a new job.
productive and fun enviroment
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 9, 2018
A typical day at work consist of prep and keeping the salad bar stocked. As well as dealing with customers and keeping my area well cleaned. The management works with me on my scheduling issues and are available when ever i need them.
Pros
the hours
Stressful work environment with minimal pay
Café Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAAugust 9, 2018
The work itself is not bad, but dealing with the poor management and toxic workplace culture is. This creates a high turnover of employees, so only those with thick skin will be able to handle it. The job is physically taxing - lots of standing, bending, and squatting, as well as some heavy lifting.
Pros
Free meals, paid time off, sick time, no nights or weekends
Cons
Long hours, standing all day, poor management, workplace harassment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 8, 2018
Compass group is vry busy restaurant ,there food is very low price .The managements are very friendly and easy to work with. They work so hard to systsfy their custmors.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Flexable schdule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight