Compass Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,181 reviews matching the search See all 4,167 reviews
poor management
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 24, 2019
poor communication. No respect for employees. No employee loyalty or appreciation. Job is poorly ran and they do not give pay stubs as required. When you ask to apply sick days, it is disregarded.
Acceptable for anyone
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 24, 2019
My experience was okay it has it's ups and downs but that should stop you from trying to seek employment from this company. It helped me gain some confidence and my first steps into the workforce.
Not my best job, did not have work/life balance
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 24, 2019
Hard to meet demands of company and client. I had a hard time finding qualified candidates from the workforce in the area. Upper management was not very supportive .
Pros
Good Food
Cons
Poor compensation for managers, no incentives
good teamwork
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 22, 2019
working hard being on time being clean take notes I love working with Compass Group cleaning cooking stocking skills safety is first recognition for my service opportunities and challenges each day having passion quality and responsibility and good times
Harassment and hostility
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brookwood Medical CenterJune 22, 2019
If you don’t mind being blamed for unsafe food storage, having the food you prepared sabotaged, being cursed at by a 64 year old coworker who is an admitted ex-habitual drug user who spends his shift drinking 2 to 4 energy drinks in order to keep up the pace of the jobs demand and having the executive chef demean you and your work ethic because you called him extremely early in the morning to inform him you’re quitting...work here! here!
Lack of communication between staff and management.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springhouse, PaJune 22, 2019
Compass group looks great on paper but they are in the business of working their staff to the bone to make their budget look great in the end. The management team does not communicate well with employees. They constantly preached what staff should and should not do but they never practiced what they preached! Horrible work environment. Employee moral was very low
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2019
I enjoy working with the kids at this school location in Sacramento. I've also enjoyed working in a fun fast paced environment even throughout weathering different companies.
Worst company to work for, very unprofessional and no structure.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 21, 2019
This company is honestly the worst company I have worked for. They slave and work people to death for an underpay, so much unfairness and favoritisms along with it as well. When it comes to needing you to talk to them about something especially if it something important it is always one sided story and they lie so much to the point where it just even impossible to rely on them for anything. And there never any supplies to clean with it just a sad sad situation I would not recommend for anyone to work here it is a dead end.
Horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2019
Compass group is an unfair company I worked there for three years I've got one raise and I had to speak with someone from corporate he told me he didn't know I've never had an raise or evaluation. They laid me off after three years without a warning at the end of my shift they let me go. I've never called off . I wouldn't recommend anyone work for compass group
Very poor management
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2019
Difficult to be successful with lack management and no disciplinary action for various obvious reasons such as a no-call no-show and other rules. Very little teamwork.
Pros
Free food and interacting with the residents
Cons
Lack of good Management
No it was not a good place
Childrens hospital (Former Employee) –  Aurora COJune 19, 2019
If we were paid more I would of stayed there.dont get wrong I learned a lot in housekeeping from there.as far as managers they needed more training.thats it
Cons
Structured schedules and friendly, hard working coworkers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 18, 2019
Compass Group has been an incredible first job experience for me .
I have enjoyed working for their company. They are very accommodating with my school schedule, and have been helpful in my first job experience.
Great learning experience
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NCJune 18, 2019
Job was a great learning experience on fixing different recipes in a large food setting. Manager was very good at teaching me quality of the foods an the preping of the next day meal that was for served on the hot bar. Compass Group is a good organization to work ..The benefits pkg had some great offers as well as some copayments for the medical benefits being a little costly,Life insurance plan was good for the employee an family..
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
health ins.was expensive, but needed
Big business
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  IrvineJune 18, 2019
Cheap, poor ingredients. They just get these new accounts fill them with cheaper labor and pump out poor product. Turn and burn. Then when the account does poorly they start cutting the dish washer or prep cook leaving the rest to pick up the slack without compensation. If the account no longer has a contract with the client people lose their jobs because of corporates refusal to change with the times. We failed miserably to bring in new customers. I never been given my own uniforms. I never received any training and was expected to preform the duties of three people. There's no communication, you must speak Spanish, no recipes, no definite roles or responsibility delegation. No leadership, no sanitation standards. If you have creative ability, fine dinning experience or education this is not the place to work. It isn't welcome and met with conflict and jealousy. They are stuck on doing the same poor food that they've been doing for the last twenty years.
Great, but hard
Food Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 17, 2019
I was impressed by our managers ability to do her job and stay sane. I knew how hard that place is on her and she kept showing up with a smile and a great attitude.
Coworkers are immature & unprofessional. But it's hard to find quality when you need quantity.
Pros
great management, AMAZING health benefits
Cons
No free lunches, mandatory daily safety meetings
Great customers. Workers are fast- paced and very knowledgeable of our products.
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  NCR World HeadquartersJune 17, 2019
Management needs to get a better perspective on how to manage a fast-paced, high- volume account to better serve the clients. Also, they need to communicate a lot more with their workers, and among themselves.
Community Manager Supervisor A joke
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 17, 2019
The Community Manager Supervisor has no business working in the position . This person never managed and you can tell. This person magnifies everything to give themselves some sort of self importance, because this person knows they have no business working in this position . In a real company this person would not be hired to supervise a loaf of bread !! The fact that this person is in a leadership role sums up how laughable it was to work for Compass. If you told this supervisor that the color white has increased profit revenue 100% , this person would say let’s go with the color gray . Never letting an employee take their own initiative due to deep rooted insecurities . This person actually told me in the beginning in a phone conversation to fake it until you make it . That about sums up this persons ineptness. Who hired this person ??? You have to question that persons judgement!! I took care of the grand opening in the new building and this person arrived and predictable did nothing but over magnify everything . The trip served to absolutely no purpose !! They actually spend money flying this person to sites lol. What a waste of money !! I am sure with 100% certainty that this person is in shock that they allowed her to supervise and get flown around and put up in a hotel !!! I saw right through this person the first time I met her. She knows she is inept , but plays pretend to be a manager all day . I just started a new job and my manager is an actual manager that I respect . Like night and day !! The Friday Community Manager phone meetings serve absolutely no  more... purpose !!! This supervisor arrives to your site, tries to change things that are working well and then leaves . Sound familiar . That’s because that description is the same thing as a tornado !! A tornado arrives , causes chaos and then disappears .
The best thing that came out of this situation was that I worked for Compass for only 4 months.
Pros
$1.50 lunch a day $15.00 credit
Cons
Community Manager Supervisor
Unfair treatment and poor management
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CaliforniaJune 17, 2019
Extremely stressful hostile environment. Unfair treatment and retaliation if you try and bring in the union. High union dues with zero representation or back up. Early mornings, long days, over worked under appreciated. Bad management and everyone seems unhappy there. This place is bad for your health.
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2019
Nice enviorment positive attitude co-workers reasonable pay reasonable hours overall great company to work with. Hiring process was easy have a 2 day training. 90day period
Great place for opportunities
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2019
Don’t expect to ALWAYS be treated fairly. This company has a tendency of taking sides, if you’re perceived negatively by coworkers, management will follow suit and treat you the same way. Great company just make sure you don't form personal relationships. It’s a messy company in that regard.
Pros
Free meal, great benefit program, fixed schedule
Cons
Lack of fairness amongst employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.1K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight