Compass Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,978 reviews matching the search See all 3,835 reviews
Excellent Leadership
Assistant Director of Nutritional Services (Current Employee) –  Mt. Clemens, MIMarch 25, 2019
Happy to See all the Growth! Excellent Job Culture, Compensation & Benefits.
Looking Forward to Career Potential with the Company!
It's a Tremendous Feeling to Make People Happy Everyday and Make a Difference!
good company to work for with room for growth
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 24, 2019
I learned a lot for a managers standpoint, there was a lot work on the computer. There was a lot of support from other managers, they cared for thier employees and managers.
Pros
kept busy, solid company
Cons
too many managers
Great!
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Kemp, TXMarch 24, 2019
I’d definitely work for this Company again! Gave me great time with great people in a great environment! They value certification very much which you can do in your paid time.
Pros
Free lunch, Bonuses, school holidays off
Cons
Pay
worst place i’ve ever worked.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 24, 2019
the management is trash. the coworkers are trash. you don’t make enough for what you do. the people surrounding you are the rudest people you’ll ever meet. genesis is a joke. i rarely got any time off and i work my a** off. they don’t treat anyone fairly. i could go on all day but it’ll all be negative.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
everything.
it was fine
Retail Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 24, 2019
The company is ok, not the best not the worst. Not a ton of information shared without being at the top. It is hard to do your job without knowing what is expected or needed of you.
Stay away!
Custodian/Office Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, NJMarch 24, 2019
No good to work here. Bad manager who lies for hisself . He lets good workers go and talks about everyone to everyone. Facilitties people here abuse workers as well. Many sexuel misconduct here but they get rid of.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Bad maneger, bad facilittes people, bad lyers..
High Stress,Fast-Paced, No Day is the Same
Catering To You Associate (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 23, 2019
The job is very demanding. If you are a Catering To You Associate you have to learn the required diets for the hospital which are covered during training and you need to have some food safety experience. Basic over view: You can have up to 30-36 patients and its just you to all of them you take each meal order and deliver and pick up those meals. They use a tray system which means you build the trays and load them onto carts get on the elevator and deliver to your specific floor. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for all the patients on the floor. You can and will get called for anything that the patient needs/wants nursing will call and change diets and its your responsibility to handle it. Most of the time there is not a safety net for the day to day work flow so if you get behind or are late you WILL SPEND THE REST OF YOUR SHIFT PLAYING CATCH UP. Some supervisors/management are good to help others are not. Its hot or miss.
Pros
Full Time/Benefits
Cons
Stressful Shifts
Not a good place to work.
Senior custodian (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 22, 2019
Work day is great. Very busy. The hardest part of the job when people don't show up to work and makes hard for everyone else that showed up for work. Very tiring coworkers always fighting with one another. The company does not care about their employees. To many problems supervisors does nothing about the problems at work.They don't care about what a person or their families go through.
Pros
Vacation time sick time. Benefits
Cons
People not showing up to work.
Great team but every site is different
Catering Director (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 22, 2019
If you work at the right site you will have a great team, but every site is completely different. I enjoy the work but the hours to do your job effectively and support your team as a salary manager is high. Expect to work and be a team player this is not a "thats not my job" kind of place. Everyone helps everyone...but like I said before if you're at the right site.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Number of hours for salaried
Creative allowance and awesome boss
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILMarch 21, 2019
I really enjoyed working for compass group. I had a very understanding boss. Unfortunately, I needed to take time off. But grateful for the opportunity I had.
Pros
Paid time off and benefits
Cons
No cons
Great Place
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2019
I had no intention of leaving this great company my sector was sold and I was part of the sale. I would return in a heartbeat. I spent a great number of years and have strong relationships with many team members at Compass I started when it was just a small company and was part of its growth.
Management needed changed
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 20, 2019
Wonderful person to train me, unfortunate person in charge of hiring employees that needs replaced. Enjoyed working with the teachers and students. Miss my,former workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No healthcare
Excessive Management Turnover, NO Communication
Catering to You Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMarch 20, 2019
My opinion has changed over the course of working here, multiple Patient Service Managers since I started.

Shifts varied with some on 12's, 8's, and 4 hour shifts. In the diet office, the current PSM will try to work with you to accommodate your schedule, but it can be changed at a moments notice, constantly check the posted schedule.

Lack of communication between managers leads to no one ever being on the same page and different job expectations for different people.

The diet office can be overwhelming for the most part, but there is a sense of teamwork between the other catering associates, they will try to help you, but they can be overwhelmed to. If you don't have great time management skills, this job is NOT for you. You must be a self-starter and be able to balance a lot of tasks at once.

Outside of the hectic management, crazy hours/shifts, and heavy workload, it can be super rewarding. Most of the patients love you, who doesn't want food? And the coworkers you have can be some of the best people you've ever got to work with.
Pros
Coworkers, full time benefits
Cons
Lack of communication between management, sometimes unfair expectations
If you like to leave work angry everyday, this is for you!
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 19, 2019
This is a place where management loves their bonuses and could care less about anything else.

It's extremely understaffed making you extremely overworked.
The $12 an hour isn't worth it.
They do what they can to get you to go home early but won't help when you're short that person.
They have health care but it's almost nothing.
They hire anyone they can find.
They don't train, so if you have time, it's up to you.

I worked there for 6 years. I left work angry everyday and hated my job. I no longer work there and have lost quite a bit of weight and feel so much happier.

There is so much better out there...skip this one and keep looking!
Pros
You can leave early and management doesn't seem to care, it's very hard to get fired
Cons
No free lunches, full time is really part time, not much for time off
Fun workplace
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 19, 2019
It was a great place to work. My contact workers were friendly and great to work with. Management was great they were always on top of things and made my job a whole lot re easier
Pros
Great team.
Cons
Low pay and no holiday pay
Great place to work with a wonderful cafeteria
Senior Sales Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 17, 2019
Compass is a great company and one of the best in Charlotte . I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a job .The Management team has implement a great culture for and work atmosphere I loved it very much.
Pros
Great Peolpe and a very good business culture
decent job
Dishwasher. Clean dishes, put dishes away (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NYMarch 17, 2019
Extremely fast paced working environment. Not enough teamwork, or communication. Decent training. Expect other duties: mopping, heavy lifting, bending, stretching, reaching, squating, getting wet. That's your basic job essentials. Pay is low, hours are low. If students take a break - spring break, summer break, winter break - don't expect hours. Job can be fun, no screaming/yelling/criticising management team.
Pros
fun job, respectful managers
Cons
no team work when needed, low pay, low to no hours, bad communication skills
Poor upper management
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 17, 2019
12+ hour days, A huge disconnect with upper management and workers. You hardly even see upper management come in at this branch. They take advantage of lower management and workers. What I’ve learned working at this branch is they will work you to death treat you horrible and then kick you to the curb.
It is an understatement to say how poor the upper management is here. They are young and inexperienced combined with lazyness and a poor attitude towards there working staff. You would only have to be desperate for a job to want to work here. All of the talented people that they had have moved on to better things and the garbage has stayed mostly because they wouldn’t make it anywhere else. I would not recommend working at this branch.
Pros
Hmmm, still thinking.
Cons
Overworked employees, inexperienced upper management.
Terrible Management
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMarch 16, 2019
The cleaning company I worked at for 2 yrs lost there contract so Compass Group took over and things went from fun, relaxed, and reliable job to them cleaning house and firing everyone. I used to really love my job until Compass Group came and it became a living nightmare. The Manager is horrible his a retired military n he doesn't know what his doing I wished they never came to Rochester Hills,MI. I don't advice anyone to work for COMPASS GROUP cleaning company the worst place to WORK.
Pros
Cons
Temporary job bc of new managment they dont know what their doing n its just not worth staying
Worked at a compass in a hospital
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2019
Enjoyed working at Compass until the hours were cut and had to seek employment with more hours to pay bills. Staff was friendly and easy to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight