Play YouTube video button

United States187 reviews
Featured review
Compass Health Network selected this as a representative review
Good training
The training received is very good and well done. Compass is a s a good company for which to work. Benefits are fair and 401k is better than most I have seen.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Stressful job
Behavioral and community health that really cares about employees and clients.
I have worked for other healthcare organizations and Compass really tries to take care of their workforce and their clients. I can honestly say that i have never had a job where I felt as appreciated as I have here. Every workplace has it's challenges and behavioral health can be extra difficult at times, but Compass works hard to keep up a conversation about working through those hard times and the management does it's best to solve the problems in a way that benefits the community and workers. This job has been a rewarding challenge and I know that my work is doing something to make the lives of others better.
Hreat place to work if u sre doing it for sll the right readons. The women need dtruvture and consistency
Terminated unfairly ,.all of the clients where crazy about me
I gave my clients 110 and 10 of me. I had issues with attendance due to family and had to do fmla shortly there after there was a bogus complaint and I ended up fired. All thought I was on the phone the whole time with supervisor during this episode she never spoke up
They want you to agree with them.
I was fired for disagreeing with them. I was told to consider what I wanted to do and my first day back after traveling, I was fired. Not a good way to run a company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Coddling clients
Terrible
“Management” is a joke. For some reason everyone talks with an upward inflection which makes meetings terrible. A lot of concern goes into whether or not they can bill Medicaid. Co workers were shady. Management will lie right to your face. Seems like things change every day, not stable at all. Don’t do it, there are far better places.
Pros
You get a paycheck?
Cons
Working at Compass
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Rewarding work with areas for growth
A typical day at CHN includes coworkers greeting one another and building one another up. Working with our patient population can be both rewarding and challenging at times, however coworkers and direct supervisors are available for support. The hardest part about working for CHN are the many changes that we experience as we are a rapidly expanding and growing agency. The advantage to this rapid growth is that there is always room for advancement and building a solid career. Overall, the pay is competitive, the environment is supportive, and the work is rewarding.
A great place to work
Compass Health Network has proven to be a company where I can build my career, while also being surrounded by caring and supportive coworkers. While things may be ever changing, and additional demands placed frequently, they come from the desire to be better & better and match the change within the mental health field. The 401k match is incredible and many other generous benefits are available. I do not regret the past four years I have spent at this agency, and look forward to many more.
April 24, 2020
• Thank you for sharing your experiences as a current Therapist with Compass Health. We are glad that you have been able to develop professionally and appreciate the many benefits that we offer. With your continued commitment, we are able to continue inspiring hope and promoting wellness within the communities we serve. You are an excellent example of the dedicated team of professionals that makes it possible! Thank YOU for being a Compass Champion.
Dedicated to Mission
Compass Health Network is a great organization that continuously strives to improve the lives of its customers and employees. It's a great place to work!!
April 24, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to review Compass Health Network. As an organization we are committed to becoming a center of excellence while fulfilling our mission of inspiring hope and promoting wellness each day. As a manager, you play a key role in fostering the great culture at Compass. Thanks!
Not a healthy workplace
Upper management berates employees and treats them poorly. Leadership is erratic in decisions. Management plays favorites and use people for their own gain.
April 24, 2020
Thank you for your feedback regarding your position as a former Director at Compass Health Network. We regret that your experience was not the better and better culture for which we strive. Please reach out to Diane Coletta, Vice President of Human Resources, at dcoletta@compasshn.org to discuss your experiences privately.
Stressful with unfair and unrealistic company demands
Higher ups make unrealistic demands of those that actually work with clients. Plus the constantly add more tasks required and more unmoving requirements to prevent lower ranking employees from getting anything. No sick time, constantly requiring you to use hard earned PTO time for weather closure or when you're actually sick. Very stressful without proper support.
Avoid please to save yourself
The people working in the operations side with clients have the best intentions however a strong disconnect exists between people on the ground and "Leadership". As a community support specialist with a social work background, I greatly enjoyed the clients I met, and the work we attempted to accomplish. I started working here feeling like I could make a difference and change the toxic culture co-workers told me about however after four years found it to become more toxic and people fleeing from their positions. The company began having us carry GPS trackers for "safety" that also has a recording feature management can listen in on. This feature became a "spy" device that allows management to ensure correct treatment is being given and to subtract from our productivity "units" if it was not deemed appropriate under whatever guise they came up with to save their own appearance. Training is little to none, support from leadership even less, and work/life balance and support non existent. There is talk about taking care of yourself as a good social worker should however the profit driven/abusive work culture destroys any notion of this being a priority as you have been taught in your schooling.
You may think you might be the different type of person that will change the culture or it will not affect you however I have seen much better people than myself come with that idea and leave greatly disheartened. Actually everyone over four years.

This company and leadership is very much like many stock market driven companies where they rely on the healthy intentions and sacrifice of
 - more...
May 5, 2020
We regret your experience at Compass was not the Better and Better culture we aspire to provide, and we appreciate the feedback. CHN leadership is accessible at multiple sites, and because of this, we are able to have open communication with team members on an ongoing basis. According to our most recent employee satisfaction survey, we saw the greatest improvement related to communication with, notably, no team members indicating dissatisfaction in this area. We also provide opportunities for input and feedback to include employee advisory committee members in each region and an annual B2 break where each employee has an opportunity to attend and meet with CHN executive leadership. Employees are also encouraged to submit any ideas to assist in us being their employer of choice through our suggestion box. In addition, team member support and safety is a priority at Compass. As such, we provide numerous tools and resources for work in the field to include a phone, a laptop, and a GPS device. These tools allow our integrated health specialists to maintain contact with their team, supervisor, and, with the GPS, emergency personnel in the event of an emergency.

If you would like to further discuss your experience, you may contact Diane Coletta, VP of Human Resources, with any additional feedback, at dcoletta@compasshn.org.
Wouldn’t recommend
It all comes down to how many billable hours/contacts you can get. You can provide quality, clinical care to your clients, but if you don’t hit 20-25 contacts a week then you’re looking at a disciplinary plan. You are encouraged to take PTO if you aren’t going to meet productivity, which means you’ll never be able to take an actual vacation. Almost everyone works off the clock out of fear that they won’t meet productivity if they do paperwork on the clock.
Morale is ALWAYS low among the staff and it’s near impossible to have a positive attitude when everyone is fearing for their jobs if they don’t meet unrealistic productivity requirements.
Company is cares only about revenue..
The Company claims to be a great employer for people with Bachelor and Master degrees in the Human Services Professions.
Unfortunately, the Integrated Health Specialists who see the clients in the community and make the Company lots of money, are not treated with respect by managers, supervisors, and sometimes clients. Supervisors behave like bullies and they are condescending and rude.
Some challenges like most places
I love my job of assisting people with their needs for a better life. Finding housing that they can afford is the most difficult thing. I've had some great supervisors and some not so great. Same goes for some of my co-workers.
Serious Management Issues
I did not realize how detrimental working for this company was for my well-being until I left. The middle and upper management often made you feel as though they were out to get you or that you were not valued as an employee/expert, much less a person. Many, many of the clinicians themselves are wonderful coworkers and talented practitioners, but the management ruins any sense of camaraderie and purpose out of the job.
Great company culture
This company has an excellent company culture that focuses on high levels of both employee and customer satisfaction. I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience with Compass Health
Amazing place to work
I was with this company for over 5 years and I was never unhappy! Truly the best management team I have worked with...and the company cares about their employees. Family first, and a great work/life balance.
Not very good Company
Bad experience, management was not helpful and and very toxic environment. Had several opportunities to make things work but was not available or helpful.
Pros
not flexible
April 15, 2020
We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience in the integrated health specialist (IHS) position. We aim to provide the appropriate tools and resources to equip employees to find success in their roles. Additionally, creating a positive working environment is a top priority. Please help us in meeting our goals to be an employer of choice by sharing your thoughts with Diane Coletta, Vice President of Human Resources, at dcoletta@compasshn.org.
New employees are not trained, welcomed or included. New employees are quite often bullied. It is so amazing to me that this company is a human servic
Where do I begin. The consumers are great to work with. Most of the therapists have no social skills and are very arrogant. There is a Champion training which is a joke. Upper management does not associate with workers, CEO rarely speaks when he walks past you. Many of the middle management staff are BULLIES! They scream at employees and demean them in front of others. IIIPpProductivity
Pros
Cons
Productivity expectations are a joke! Its all about the revenue!!!
April 15, 2020
Thank you for sharing your concerns. It is unfortunate this was your experience as a Compass Health Network employee. Our goal is to foster a culture of world-class customer service and respect for our customers as well as our team members. We continually identify ways to ensure our team members have the tools necessary for overall effectiveness and efficiency in the IHS role to include relevant and applicable training.
In addition, our leadership team encourages consistent input and feedback from our team members. We provide these opportunities through employee advisory committee regional representation and an annual opportunity to meet with the CEO and other executive leadership. You are encouraged to contact Diane Coletta, Vice President of Human Resources, at dcoletta@compasshn.org.
Fair
Ok place to work if you like being talked down to, you are always wrong even when you were in fact right. Would NOT recommend this place for work or treatment.
April 15, 2020
Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your experiences as a customer service representative. Communication is key to Compass Health Network’s goal to be a Center of Excellence and Employer of Choice. We continuously strive to maintain effective communication as an organization. If you would like to share constructive feedback in regard to our areas for growth, please contact Diane Coletta, Vice President of Human Resources, at dcoletta@compasshn.org.
Toxic work environment. Company does not care about their employees.
Compass Health is all about the money and not at all about helping their clients. They also stress out their employees so much there really is not any room to breath. Their expectations of their employees are ridiculous and they do not play fair. They micromanage their employees and it is sad. They don't consider their employees talents and skills. Employees are to do it their way and there is no other way. Their way or the highway.
April 15, 2020
We appreciate your feedback regarding your former position of CPRC supervisor. It is absolutely a priority of ours to provide the necessary services to individuals in need in our communities. With over 400 new customers enrolling in services provided by the IHS role each
month, it is imperative we reach those individuals in their time of need. Through our customer care data, we monitor services provided to ensure our customers’ needs are met as far as timeliness, accessibility, and quality of services. We are driven by our mission to inspire hope and promote wellness for our customers, while meeting regulatory and accreditation standards guiding those efforts. We continually identify ways to ensure our team members have the tools necessary for overall effectiveness and efficiency in their roles. We truly believe the best “us” results in the best experience for our customers.

Additionally, we do understand that healthcare is a demanding industry. We offer our employees training regarding symptoms and support for compassion fatigue, mindfulness, and work-life integration.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7