Compass Health Network Employee Reviews

Always changing
Integrated Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 14, 2018
The work environment changes for each office. The job can be challenging but rewarding. Must be willing to keep an open mind and able to change with the job.
Pros
Better pay compared to other companies in the area
Cons
Unrealistic productivity goals at times
Don't do it
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOSeptember 18, 2018
Very overwhelming job, not a good place to start for your first social work, or counseling job. Supervisor depends on whom you get very rude and pushy.
Pros
Cons
Overwhelmingly
This was by far the worse job i ever had
Tech (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, laSeptember 18, 2018
The director did not care about the staff she only cared about the clients. The counselors would talk to the clients crazy. Nobody cared about the well being of the techs we would get belittled by management, the counselors, and the director. Let's not forget all the double shifts the techs would work and not be appreciated for it. You might wish a whole shift by yourself and management will know about and not try to call anybody to help you. And let's not forget the clients pretty much ran the building. They could do whatever they wanted and not get in trouble somehow the techs would get blamed for it. Lastly the intake specialist was allowed to tell all her personal business to the clients and talk sexual with them and never got in trouble for it. Rules change everyday on the spot.
Pros
Helping the clients
Cons
No breaks, messy work environment
Dont care about employees
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 9, 2018
They pay as little as possible to make you work 3 times more then reflected in your salary and there is no job culture the company is deeply divided. They don't understand how to value people unless they are in upper management.
Terrible place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 18, 2018
Supervisors are lacking in management skills. Some are condescending while others tend to be followers. Could say more but the bottom line is do not work here. There are so many wrongs they could not begin to fix it. The incentives along with "time off" is a joke. The morning meetings are useless, some staff member are also useless, and lack education.
Pros
You can quit
Cons
Review doesn't even cover half of the cons
Regional Director expects blind allegiance.
Adult Residential Program Director (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAApril 3, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the results of my skills in helping clients and working with some of the staff who were team-oriented and provided patient-centered care. There was daily turnover in clients because the unit had no Psychiatrist to care for severe mental illness. Clients were admitted with severe developmental and mental disabilities which caused double paperwork to admit, then transition to another level of care. Management was concerned only with keeping the beds filled. The unit was not a detox facility; however, clients were admitted who were not yet detoxed and needed to sleep for 2-3 days before their brains were clear enough to participate in treatment. I learned that I prefer democratic, patient-centered, team-oriented care for clients and will not succeed under authoritarian rule, where spies infiltrate the facility and false praise is doled out, while a knife is at your back.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, staff in constant fear, lack of integrity from management
Management is terrible
Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 14, 2018
Was fired for lack of communication with my boss. When she's the one who trained me. I had 3 promotions in less than a year. I was fired because I wouldn't kiss her butt. She thinks she knows it all, when she knows nothing. Management is very condescending....tell you one thing then an hour later tell you it's wrong. Thought it was a good company, but with management like that makes it bad. Co workers and other employees are great. They just have no clue what it's like behind closed doors. I was a supervisor and things are very wishy washy.
Draining
Addiction Recovery Technician (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 14, 2018
If this were the only responsibility I had in life, I would quit quicker than I did. I worked here as a student and the management was unqualified and did not provide the agreed upon employment.
Pros
Free Dinner sometimes
Cons
The management.
Learned a lot, but management lacks support for their employees.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 13, 2018
Thankful for the experience. Very intense at times. Not a job everyone can do. If you have no boundaries, please don't apply. Team work makes the dream work. Don't count on support from the Director or anyone above. Count on many emails pointing out flaws and few that improve moral.
Pros
Learning experience, helping women
Cons
Low pay, little support
Compass health
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Compass health is a good place for me to open my options in my career to see what next step I would want to take next. I love my patients and staff but I would just like to see if there is better option out there for me
Pros
Good benefits, friendly staff
Cons
The pay
Stressful and long hours
Addicition Recovery Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 27, 2017
Some of the employees there actually work and care while a few of the others are there to just get a paycheck leaving you the work they didn't finish.
Pros
Free meals, great pay
Cons
No breaks
great working environment.
Lead Addiction Recovery Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MODecember 2, 2017
i loved working on the unit clinton adol has the best staff ive ever worked with and the supervisors and directors were very helpful . the clients we had were sometimes difficult but you are always learning how to respect the different people we provide services to.
Pros
coworkers are like a little family
Cons
no breaks
Great place to work!
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, MODecember 1, 2017
I have worked for compass for 5 years as a nurse and must say I have enjoyed every minute of it. Compass is a employee friendly company. Each year I have received a raise and a bonus. I love my supervisor she has always been there for her nurses. They are also a health promoting company they encourage healthy living with incentive bonuses .I am surprised to read negative reviews I have had a very positive experience with this company and look forward to another 5 years!
Pros
enviroment
Cons
sometimes to busy
Managers
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAOctober 18, 2017
Compass work environment is dog eat dog. Management is vindictive, looks any reason to employees if they disagree with the way the organization is run. All the facilities in Louisiana are dumps and the buildings should be condemned.
Pros
There are no pros.
Cons
Too many to list.
Company info
Integrated Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, MOOctober 2, 2017
I recently worked for this company. The company requires a huge auto insurance policy. This policy has to be in place within 30 days. This was not what was said at orientation. My auto insurance was 400 a month for all of my family. The policy needed to be upgraded due to their policy and my insurance went from 400 to 745 if I decided to change it. I said I cannot afford that on my pay. Now I have to resign because I cannot afford my auto insurance policy. Do not get a cell phone through this company as it will cost you big time in the long run. They will take all of your last check if you quit and then you have to transfer services which will cost you deposits. This will leave you paying more for the device and it has to be done within 24 hrs. You are then required to take over a two year contract that the company no longer has responsibility for. All of this was just within my 30 days and now screwed. They will not help put you in another position or find other ways to keep you with the company. I did not get a chance to be there long enough to know the supervisors. As for the company I did not get time to deal with anymore than that. It does seem to be stressful with all of the computer training and documentation. to much work and stress for the salary.

Note: Health insurance does not cover spouse
Pros
Flexable schedule, Nice Supervisor
Cons
Health plan does't cover spouse, Stress, Cell phone Policy, and Auto insurance Policy
Not a great place to work
Special Project Billing (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOAugust 23, 2017
I worked in the billing department, the upper management is only concerned with their own advancement and wage increases, they do not fight for their overloaded staff. They are constantly changing the rules for the underling and not upholding them on their end.
Its a corporation with main concerns no longer in regards to the consumer.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOJuly 31, 2017
I worked for Pathways under Compass health Umbrella. When I first started it was great. However Compass has expanded and is now the umbrella for, Crider Health, Pathways, and Royal oaks, and more. They have forgotten the importance of being person centered.
Pros
Flexible schedule, I loved with working with consumers.
Cons
Lacks honest structure. No longer about person centered care but rather capital gain.
Higher Management is clueless
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 30, 2017
I worked here for over 5 years which is unheard of for the position I was in due to them being unable to keep employees. Unfortunately the company has gone downhill for employees since merging with a larger company. While the immediate supervisors try to help, the people higher up who are making the decisions for your job are clueless about how the job goes and whats best for the client and employee. Clients are no longer the center focus of the job but instead money and paperwork. Sad to see such a former great company sell out, also sad for the clients.
Pros
clients
Cons
management, life work / balance, high burn out, terrible benefits and pay
Poor Pay, Rewarding Job
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raymore, MOJune 17, 2017
The pay is absolutely dreadful. They offer bonuses as an incentive but they are almost impossible to meet. Productivity requirements are unrealistic. Insurance is cheap so that is a plus.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Pay, office space
Do not work at Compass (Crider) - Horrible!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 14, 2017
I worked at Crider in Wentzville also known as Compass Health. You will see they have hundreds of ads on Indeed looking for people, that is because they can't keep employees or they fire good hard working employees and don't even tell them why. I saw 8 people fired who loved their jobs and did wonderful work just because the boss didn't like them or someone in the group didn't like them. So what they're left with is caddy rude workers. I highly recommend not working there or even applying, I wish I never had. It's not a job you can depend on because you'll think you're doing great and you'll get all great reviews and you'll walk in one day and be fired and they'll not even give you a reason. The management get away with goofing off during the day and tattling on the people under them if they don't like something you said or did. This is the worst place to work for in our county. If you get a job here don't count on it for the long term. Very few people made it past 6 weeks, I made it a year and got fired for unknown reason even though every review I had was excellent. It's very sad how terrible this non-profit is since they're supposed to focus on helping people.
Pros
Cons
Fire people on a whim with no explanation, terrible management, low pay, stressful environment, competitive, clique working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4