Compass Health Network Employee Reviews

Poor management
Addiction Recovery Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MODecember 12, 2018
I worked at Compass Health for 6 months and the management was POOR. The supervisors were absolutely the most disrespectful people I have ever met. Rude to clients and would not give then the time of day and they treated the employees the same way. They were not the ones to work with the clients yet they were the ones to make the final decisions over what would happen to them, it made no sense and it was awful.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No respect
Great job, benefits and always busy.
Family Support Provider (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 10, 2018
Fast paced keeps me on my toes. I enjoy learning the different aspects of mental illness. I have the opportunity to grow to a management position. Hardest thing can't save everyone.
Pros
Benefits make up for the lack of pay as far as I'm concerned.
Cons
Hard to take a lunch sometimes.
Good training
Integrated Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nevada, MO 64772November 27, 2018
The training received is very good and well done. Compass is a s a good company for which to work. Benefits are fair and 401k is better than most I have seen.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Stressful job
Don’t Do It!!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 18, 2018
Senior Managment is too wrapped up in looking for what people do wrong and don’t praise when people do things right. Management micro-manages and doesn’t care about the clients - just the bottom line. The motto is Better and Better but how the employees get treated overall it’s no shock the employees (who are grossly underpaid) are Bitter and Bitter.
Pros
Cons
Too many
all-in-all great place to work
Certified Missouri Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 17, 2018
This is a great place to work. It is fast paced, from the time you get there until you leave (which makes for a quick day). It can be testing sometimes with the clients you work with. But it is very rewarding. I have definitely learned time management working here. The hardest part of the job would be making your contacts as most clients are hard to locate. The most enjoyable part of this company would be the people you work with.
Pros
paid holidays off, insurance and incentives.
Cons
stressful and taxing at times, trying to get client engagement.
Poor management
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, MONovember 14, 2018
The manager talked poorly about other employees, she lied and treated people badly. She chose favorites and treated others like dirt. Horrible culture and stressful not knowing if you’ll have a job the next day.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Terrible environment
Hopes were met with disappointment.
Addiction Recovery Technician (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MONovember 10, 2018
I'll start off by saying that I had a lot of excitement before I started working for Compass Health and now, I wonder how people stay here for more than a day.

The hours are long, the staff are inconsistent and more often than not unhelpful to new employees, and I feel like everyone is just barely getting by. I would not recommend working here at all.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, Inconsistent Training, Long Hours
Poor lazy managment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MissouriNovember 5, 2018
Managment is lazy the supervisor we I'll dump work on you. It depends on if ur in the click. I could say more. The director doesn't even try to fix this place. Management will talk bad about other supervisors. There is no teamwork no consistent for the clients. It depends on who u are
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Inconsostent treatment, poor management
Always changing
Integrated Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 14, 2018
The work environment changes for each office. The job can be challenging but rewarding. Must be willing to keep an open mind and able to change with the job.
Pros
Better pay compared to other companies in the area
Cons
Unrealistic productivity goals at times
Don't do it
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOSeptember 18, 2018
Very overwhelming job, not a good place to start for your first social work, or counseling job. Supervisor depends on whom you get very rude and pushy.
Pros
Cons
Overwhelmingly
This was by far the worse job i ever had
Tech (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, laSeptember 18, 2018
The director did not care about the staff she only cared about the clients. The counselors would talk to the clients crazy. Nobody cared about the well being of the techs we would get belittled by management, the counselors, and the director. Let's not forget all the double shifts the techs would work and not be appreciated for it. You might wish a whole shift by yourself and management will know about and not try to call anybody to help you. And let's not forget the clients pretty much ran the building. They could do whatever they wanted and not get in trouble somehow the techs would get blamed for it. Lastly the intake specialist was allowed to tell all her personal business to the clients and talk sexual with them and never got in trouble for it. Rules change everyday on the spot.
Pros
Helping the clients
Cons
No breaks, messy work environment
Poor Management
Addiction Recovery Technician (Former Employee) –  Linn Creek, MOAugust 22, 2018
Poor management, poor staffing, lack of training to properly complete the job, no room for advancement, added duties that do not fall under your job duties for your position,
Dont care about employees
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 9, 2018
They pay as little as possible to make you work 3 times more then reflected in your salary and there is no job culture the company is deeply divided. They don't understand how to value people unless they are in upper management.
Terrible place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 18, 2018
Supervisors are lacking in management skills. Some are condescending while others tend to be followers. Could say more but the bottom line is do not work here. There are so many wrongs they could not begin to fix it. The incentives along with "time off" is a joke. The morning meetings are useless, some staff member are also useless, and lack education.
Pros
You can quit
Cons
Review doesn't even cover half of the cons
Regional Director expects blind allegiance.
Adult Residential Program Director (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAApril 3, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the results of my skills in helping clients and working with some of the staff who were team-oriented and provided patient-centered care. There was daily turnover in clients because the unit had no Psychiatrist to care for severe mental illness. Clients were admitted with severe developmental and mental disabilities which caused double paperwork to admit, then transition to another level of care. Management was concerned only with keeping the beds filled. The unit was not a detox facility; however, clients were admitted who were not yet detoxed and needed to sleep for 2-3 days before their brains were clear enough to participate in treatment. I learned that I prefer democratic, patient-centered, team-oriented care for clients and will not succeed under authoritarian rule, where spies infiltrate the facility and false praise is doled out, while a knife is at your back.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, staff in constant fear, lack of integrity from management
Management is terrible
Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 14, 2018
Was fired for lack of communication with my boss. When she's the one who trained me. I had 3 promotions in less than a year. I was fired because I wouldn't kiss her butt. She thinks she knows it all, when she knows nothing. Management is very condescending....tell you one thing then an hour later tell you it's wrong. Thought it was a good company, but with management like that makes it bad. Co workers and other employees are great. They just have no clue what it's like behind closed doors. I was a supervisor and things are very wishy washy.
Draining
Addiction Recovery Technician (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 14, 2018
If this were the only responsibility I had in life, I would quit quicker than I did. I worked here as a student and the management was unqualified and did not provide the agreed upon employment.
Pros
Free Dinner sometimes
Cons
The management.
Learned a lot, but management lacks support for their employees.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 13, 2018
Thankful for the experience. Very intense at times. Not a job everyone can do. If you have no boundaries, please don't apply. Team work makes the dream work. Don't count on support from the Director or anyone above. Count on many emails pointing out flaws and few that improve moral.
Pros
Learning experience, helping women
Cons
Low pay, little support
Compass health
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Compass health is a good place for me to open my options in my career to see what next step I would want to take next. I love my patients and staff but I would just like to see if there is better option out there for me
Pros
Good benefits, friendly staff
Cons
The pay
Stressful and long hours
Addicition Recovery Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 27, 2017
Some of the employees there actually work and care while a few of the others are there to just get a paycheck leaving you the work they didn't finish.
Pros
Free meals, great pay
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5