Compass Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Rainbow Recovery Center - Shut doors.
Peer Counselor - Certified (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 28, 2018
It was a necessary service in the community. the particular program lacked financial backing.

There were so many clients in the homeless society needing mental health services. We paired the clients to resources and set goals. We often discussed deeply personal hurts and peer counselors were available also to motivate, support, encourage and celebrate achievements with them.
Pros
rewarding experiences
Cons
insufficient hours to put me at full-time
Systemic Prejudice and Racism
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 22, 2018
Peer Center management didn't properly address systemic prejudice and outward racism of employees towards clients and coworkers. The overall atmosphere of the entire Everett Broadway campus was cut-throat and non cooperative among fellow co-workers, and culturally insensitive to the demographic served. Employees retaliated against complaints, co-workers gossiped and there was little team building causing cliques in the workplace. Private Health Information was often mishandled carelessly in the Peer Center specifically. Management overlooked and issues minimized. Also, when faced with hardship human resources provided no respite or resources.
Pros
working with homeless demographic, working with clients in recovery
Cons
institutional race class and able isms, poor management, employees doing work not assigned to job (eg. janitor providing incompetent counselor work)
Too many office politics
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Crowley, LAMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed the work and my co-workers but upper management played the blame-game and would throw you under the bus to protect themselves in a heartbeat. You constantly have to watch your back.
I wish I never left my old job for this place
staff (Former Employee) –  WAApril 24, 2018
If your looking to drown in paperwork and deal with union- this is the job for you. surprised this place is still in business. most of the staff have no idea what there job duties are and if they do they try everything in there power to get out of it. Management is caught between union and work expectations- every week you get new changes with no real goal. Lots of paper movement but not real quality work is done for the actual clients. having work in the field for over 15 years and never have I experienced a place full of poor work ethic and little to no accountability amongst managers and staff- truly there is no interest in the clients here. Tax payer dollars are being wasted. Save your time and efforts and save your self from this black hole.

I'm assuming they provide good health insurance because you'll likely end up needed it due HIGH burn out rate.
Pros
good insurance.
Poor management
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WAMarch 29, 2018
Poor leadership and local management. Un-supportive work environment. Management did not provide leadership. Low pay. A lot of paperwork documentation.
Stressful job with low pay
Addiction Recovery Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 22, 2018
Was a good job at first. You don't get much training and you are thrown into the job and usually have to learn for yourself. Upper management doesn't care about your personal well-being and will replace you if need be.

If it weren't for management, job is wonderful. Very rewarding job with the ability to help a lot of people. Coworkers are wonderful as well.
Pros
plenty of opportunity for overtime and free food
Cons
Poor management
Poor mangement
ART- ADDICTION RECOVERY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Linn Creek, MO 65052February 24, 2018
The job itself is great . The management is poor. There are a lot of favorites and that should not be in a work force. There is a lot of favorites and in the workforce that should not be.
Pros
Working with clients is great
Cons
NO break NO lunches Long Hours. Subjected to contagious diseases
Great place
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 21, 2018
I love working for them. Great coworkers and management. Everyone steps in to help each other. I wish my position wasn't contract based. I would love to work here on an everyday basis.
N/a
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2018
The company is ok, especially if you have a family their very understandable. Management is ok as well, mines was awesome, very understandable and compassionate.
Clinician Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 6, 2018
The program manager was hot/cold. For no apparent reason she would be rude, unwelcoming and micromanaging. On other days, she was sweet, and very helpful. It created an environment of anxiety. The intern supervisors were so overworked they were extremely unhelpful and responded to questions with..."ask another intern." The guidance and mentorship just was not there. I learned most by doing my own research, which is the best way to learn! I don't regret my time here but probably would go with another community mental health site if I had to do it all over again.
Great managment team.
Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WAJanuary 15, 2018
Worked with clients with acute mental illness in a home-like atmosphere in a 24 hour setting. Excellent services provided with medication management, living skills and ADL's. Housing options offered for folks needing living support and guidance. Crisis intervention and non medical detox available.
Pros
Close to home. Good people to work with.
Cons
Stressful and difficult to serve clients.
Great company. Local ownership
Administration (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 13, 2018
Great company to work for. Great education and accountability is getting better by the day. Local ownership that employees a lot of local people in different locations across Louisiana.
Pros
Caring individuals
Cons
Healthcare market stability is worrisome
Fun place to work.
Property Management Assistant/ Maintenance (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIDecember 5, 2017
The management is great. the Doctors are fantastic. the clerical staff is beyond helpful and nice, overall it is a fun, relaxing place to work. without much advancement.
Great Place to Work
Integrated Health Specialist/Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 26, 2017
A job where a counselor in the initial stages of his career can learn so much and gain so many skills that are vital to his career. The ability to grow in the company is great, also.
Stressful and hard working job, fast paced.
Regional Housing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 21, 2017
THis is a stressful and fast paced work environment with great a management team and wonderful co-workers. I enjoy working with the clients and staff.
The job was pleasant at first, but after transferring to a different facility everything went south.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LANovember 3, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people and being a part of their progress in healing. The downside to working for this company is that the company does not care about your health or family emergencies, all they care about is that you are at work no matter what.
Pros
meeting and helping others from different backgrounds and cultures
Cons
Company does not care about you personally or your health
Great Benefits, Cut Throat Company
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crowley, LAOctober 11, 2017
Very stressful, all women in power. If you have an opinion you get fired. Amazing benefits, nice people to your face. Behind your back, your just a number.
Benefits
Cons
Stress
Not a team orientated work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COOctober 3, 2017
The management is not very strong, not there to help you, calls you out on all the bad you do, but will not give you credit for all the good you do either. Low salary for all the employees. Likes to give other employees raises if they threaten to put their two weeks notice in, so they stay. Will work you to death and NOT pay you for all the overtime that you put in. But, expect that you get all jobs completed for a five people that you are short of having.
Moderately relaxed work place, yet stressful work demands at times due to client needs and structure of Health Homes.
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 25, 2017
Work is overall balanced. Not so stressful, yet because Health Homes is new program it is at times extremely stressful. High demands to finish project within sometimes a week timeframe. Management is trying to hire more staff and is doing great to improve how we receive referrals, do outreach, and segment our days to complete documentation and see clients. Expected caseload between 50-100+ according to...I think HCA?...or DSHS?

Clientele I work with is likely to cancel appointments, which does become frustrating. Database can glitch at times. Molina lead are not helpful is referral process.

Too much sitting between putting data in the computer, typing up tx related documentation, calling 100+ clients per week, driving to see clients, and sitting when visiting client(s).

Pay is not that great for someone with 6 years of mental health experience and a Bachelors in Psychology. Compass Health does bump up your pay one a year. They are union so they base your pay on how much work experience one has had and not on your education level. I think they are finally working on improving the pay, especially for students who need to pay off college loans, pay for rent, groceries, bills, etc.

I would say there is always room to improve, but it has been a very good experience overall working for Compass Health in the last 2 years (well...almost 2 years) and with Health Homes specifically as I have received that the best pay yet when I was hired on with them.

I hope this is more insightful. I and other professional have been in other jobs with Compass Health that were far more
  more... stressful, but overall I would not complain about this organization.  less
Pros
Fairly good work benefits.
Cons
Wish there was more concern for employee's family life.
great place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 12, 2017
Enjoy compass very much. supportive and easy documentation system. I like my fellow workers in a difficult environement. The staff i work with work hard and deserve acknowledgement and recognition which I dont feel they get too much of. also they need to move their family /employee appreciation day to a real place even the park to get off their driveway.
Pros
easy going place
Cons
marketing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight