COMPASS MEDICAL Employee Reviews

Politics, favoritism, management runs the show
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 16, 2018
Management is filled with individuals who are blind to situations that are important. Rather than hearing their employees out they pick and choose who to listen to. There is bullying and favoritism no doubt. You can bust your behind and know more about your job than the average job but if your not a favorite you will not grow you will be taken advantage of and dragged along. You will not be given opportunities. Rules don’t apply to everyone either!
Pros
Coworkers become family
loved it at first
Medical receptionist (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 14, 2018
I loved this job at first then I realized I was being set up for failure. Not trained properly at all. The people that worked there was for the most part great. The supervisor was best friends with the girl who trained me, turned out to be a bad mix. I was not trained correctly at all then blamed for their lack of training.
Small work space but effective
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 8, 2018
This outpatient clinic attached to a doctors office is a tiny work space but there are only 4 employees. These other four employees basically become family. The direct manager of the lab makes sure there is a great mojo since quarters are tight. The patients are satisfied when they see the same faces every time they come in and the employees make a note to get to know them. Its a great small lab to work for. The manager of the site kind of stays out of the lab so when the lab needs something its difficult to get her attention which is a downfall. However, the small place is pretty fast paced as they have like 15 doctors. No weekends or holidays, not much space to grow in the lab but the hours are worth it and flexible.
Stressful environment
Administrative Assistant/Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  East Bridgewater, MAAugust 27, 2017
The company has bad morale which makes for very unpleasant work days. Employees do not seem to want to be there, long wait times on the phones and then an unhappy person picks up to greet you. No way to treat patients.
Welcoming, fun, nice work environment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAAugust 2, 2017
Compass was a great work environment. Very positive and upbeat. Everyone was nice and friendly. Everyone was great. I personally left compass due to the travel and schedule. I have no problem with traveling and with working weekends but at the time I had found something closer to home with a set schedule and better pay.
Great
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJune 28, 2017
A lot to learn and room for growth. Excellent employer and happy patients. Always busy never dull. Full of great energy. Great employees. Always a pleasure to see patients get well. They are always timely and always excited for their treatment.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
No benefits
Productive nice place to work with good pay
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 16, 2016
pay is good. Management is great. Staff become like family. Overall productive and nice place to work. they also have great benefits and you should utilize them.
Pros
Staff is like family
Cons
Sitting down for 8 hours
Poor work environment!!!!
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 11, 2016
I have to say I NEVER worked in a place where people treated you like pure garbage! From the Dr's to the nurses and even management!!! I was belittled Infront of other staff members from someone who is suppose to be "HIRE UP" no people skills what so ever! Unless you enjoy working around DRAMA then Compass is your place to be! Not a place I would send a family member to be seen by a Dr or a place I would recommend my worse enemy to work!! Better management and a class on people skills!
Pros
None!
Cons
Drama'
Terrible Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Bridgewater, MAMay 21, 2016
Focused more on patient surveys and making the offices look pretty than actual patient care.

Management is inexperienced and cannot answer questions. They change schedules without asking.
Compass Medical
Associate (Current Employee) –  South Easton, MAFebruary 13, 2016
Poor management communication skills.
Management does not value the opinion of employees thus choosing to thrive on the results of recent Press Gainey reviews from patients . These reviews consist mainly of patient complaints by which could be resolved by recognizing these complaints stem from poor work flow, prompted by the refusal of management to see the situation for what it is.
Instead the pressure is put upon the employees to do more, muliti task and cross cover job positions each day , creating inter office tension and malaise which is then read by patients as they interact with employees thus causing the complaints from these same patients. A cycle that will not end until management hears the voice of their own workers . But again they choose to thrive on the drama of complaints and trying making patients happy at the cost of the harmony of their own employees.
Pros
Good crew. Employess work well together.
Cons
Weak management

Want to know more about COMPASS MEDICAL?

Ask a question
Productive and great learning experiences
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  east bridgewater ,maOctober 12, 2015
Helpful upper management and co-workers, friendly work environment. Always learning new skills with positive direction.
Pros
Great benefits
fun work place
Administrative/phlebotomists (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, MAJune 10, 2015
I was lucky to work with people who always are willing to teach you new things. I have learned to do all aspects of operations by working in a small office
Pleasant environment, average pay grade and benefits
Clinical Coordinator/Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMay 4, 2014
Pleasant environment with average pay grade and benefits. Company was sold and management had a different healthcare management style.
Pros
pleasant peers and environment
Cons
company sold
Difficult Management
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  East Bridgewater, MAMarch 10, 2013
Little to no communication with management. Overall workplace environment was pleasant. Great team and co workers. Supervisor was extremely disorganized and not professional.
Pros
great team to work with, health benefits were inexpensive
Cons
lack of communication with management, computer system was slow consistantly
Compass Medical
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJanuary 25, 2013
I would say compass medical is a great place to work for the experienced medical assistant. you do everything that a medical assistant can possibly do. I love working here but would like to grow in my career.
Very professional practice.
Senior Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abington MAFebruary 28, 2012
This is a very professional practice. Everyone is like a big family, helping each other, lots of laughes and good time both at work and out of work. Exceptional patient care. Would still be there had we not moved to Western MA.
Pros
very pleasnt practice with great benefits.
Cons
occasional long hours.