Compass Employee Reviews

Summary
Luxury Rental Director (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COApril 20, 2019
Best part of the job was learning from the CEO. Worst part was amount of hours versus compensation. Culture was good. Typical day started at 5 am and ended at 8pm.
Pros
training
Cons
Not enough compensation for amount of hours
Compass
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAApril 4, 2019
Compass is infected by terrible management. No one knows what they are doing and the second people realize that, they get rid of them. They have turned into a really bad corporate company that does not care about their employees, they only care about the agents and will do anything to make sure the agents are happy at the expense of their staff. There is no management, only people that judge you with no insight of what it is you actually do. Really terrible place. I don't recommend working there.
Fair
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCMarch 25, 2019
A great place to work with good people had excellent team work , great upper management most of all I loved spending time and taking care of my patients they became like family
Pros
Good with schedule
Cons
Can be over bearing at times
Superviser
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2019
I didn't want to work there
Manager was bad treat employee bad and not pay good. Maybe not the company but management was really bad. I am glad o don't work with those people anymore.
Great enviroment to work
Morrisons Senior Dining (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 12, 2019
Great work life balance. Compass was always willing to advance your education and career path through inhouse programs as well as tuition assistance. would recomend
Excelente clima laboral
Contadora y administradora (Former Employee) –  Estados UnidosFebruary 11, 2019
El ambiente laboral era muy ameno. Existía mucha exigencia pero realmente era muy grato trabajar ahí. Así mismo, el optimismo y la buena actitud de todos nosotros desarrollaba un progreso diario.
a fun place to work
Cafe Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 31, 2019
prep the items on the line. then take the temps on line. open the pizza sauce, set up for the pizza dough, ready for the students coming in for lunch. get the chicken wings ready for the ovens. Then get soda bottles set in cooler. make sure the ice for soda machine is full,
Pros
receive lunch ticket. ( paid Lunch )
Cons
no cons
A account with a Director and handful of staff that are customer focused.
Chef (Hourly) (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 26, 2019
A focused work environment but friendly.We only serve breakfast and lunch. Most of the menu is pretty standard expect holidays. A great group of people to work with.
Pros
Of course free meals, free uniform, Monday-Friday work week, free parking, A Director who has a work history of growing with the company. A good leader.
Cons
Client prefers a very basic menu
review
Life Guide (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 25, 2019
A typicalday working at compass includes administering meds, cooking for your client, cleaning clients house, exercising with client, running personal errands for client. I personally learned how to manage my time better while working at compass. management was fine, no complaints on my end. workplace culture was fine. hardest part of the job would probably be lifting the clients. the most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed enviroment and atmosphere.
Quick Paced and high energy always something to do
Cashier/Catering (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 20, 2019
Had a wonderfull manager at my account that sadly switched over to another one , new manager dosent seem to know quite what there doing and we've had 2 people quit with out coveravge so the jobs gets a bit stressful. Hour cutbacks on already strained employees sadly. Wonderful people to work with and always opportunites and other accounts. Absoluety love my marketplace team.
Pros
Free lunches, good hours
Cons
Short breaks
Fulfilling!
Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Compass is one of the best companies that I have worked for.

A typical day at Compass is a fast paced, yet relaxing environment. There is no micromanagement and all employees/agents are a super nice.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with new real estate happenings and the most enjoyable part of the job is attending our monthly Thirsty Thursday where our company provides drinks and appetizers to thank us for our hard work.
Pros
Free monthly lunch, free monthly happy hour, 401K, free medical insurance, free work laptop, depending on position: work-from-home options
Cons
None!
Productive learning enviorment
REAL ESTATE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 26, 2018
My boss was a very kind individual who motivated me to do my best every day. The environment was filled with motivated individuals. Was a great place to learn.
Productive and fun working environment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 19, 2018
A typical day there went as such: Go in get a cup of coffee and proceed to my station. Evaluate supplies needed for first daily tasks. Call up the elevator. Collect up the trashes, and distribute buss tubs while greeting staff and customers. Wash, dry, and put away dishes. Organize shelves as I go along. Sweep and mop fridges and dry food stocking areas. unload supplies off pallets and organize new product on shelves while organizing and cleaning as I go along.
Pros
Free lunches while on shift
Cons
Not enough pay
Productive collaborative culture
Associate Broker/Realtor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 20, 2018
I was recruited to Join Compass. It is absolutely living up to its mission to help everyone find their place in the world. The technology platform is hands down the best in the industry, innovating a very dated industry. This allows for a seamless ability to perform my job as broker to service buyers, sellers, and renters of residential real estate. There I also a commercial division, which is rapidly expanding from coast to coast. It’s becoming the “google” of real estate in a modern and tech based world. I’m glad to have made the switch.
Pros
Free lunch, collaborative positive culture
Great Team Poor Management
Administration (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaNovember 13, 2018
I worked for Compass for a year and was thrilled when we first launched. However, more and more Agents, employees and Management from a very well-known traditional RE Company were recruited and everything went down hill quickly. While theres a huge push for collaboration the reality is Managemnt doesnt want to hear from you. So keep your head down and your lips zipped if you want to survive with this company. It was commonplace that we all worked in excess of 10 hours a day and on weekends just to keep treading water; they never hire in advance-its always reactive instead of proactive. Its unfortunate that although this organization is rich in investor money they are poor in collaboration and the culture has shifted from an exciting collaborative community in to one managed by fear and intimidation.
Pros
Coworkers are incredibly talented and bright
Cons
Over worked, stressed out and poor management
I didn't feel like i fit in with my office.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2018
Compass (CEO) have great intentions, however, when it trickles down to staff we aren't that important. They talk highly about diversity but didn't feel that at my location at all.

The company can't keep up with the massive growth.

I know Agents are important because they make the money but Staff is just as important.
Pros
pay good, hours are good
Cons
Lack of management support.
Innovative company
Licensed Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2018
Realtors are given all the tools they need to be successful in their field. Compass is innovative and ahead of their time and offers realtors regular staff training, a collaborate and open work space, and unlimited online tools and resources.
Best Real Estate Broker
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 7, 2018
Amazing company, always stays ahead of other brokerages. Believes in technology, professional marketing, and investing in their agents. Consistently promotes a healthy corporate culture.
I dont know
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 24, 2018
I worked at a hospital cafeteria with compass being the actual hiring company. I really dont have much to say about it since i didnt work there very long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Compass.

Powered by Comparably