Compass Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun work enviroment
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
-Cold calling, direct mailings, and networking of potential real estate buyers and sellers to hire salesperson in developing new business.
-Analysis of financial statements, liabilities, assets, and net worth of purchasers to property or investment validation
Assess market trends to identify competitive pricing for sale prices and lease rates, as well as various property types including real estate documents, information research, and comparable reports
-Take charge of generating list of properties for sales and lease; reviewing and negotiating offers; and gaining approvals
Fun workplace
Compass @ P.s 56Q SYEP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2017
Its a great job if you like working with children. you must be able to control your anger. you have to have patience's. once you have all of those things working with compass is great.
Productive and innovative
Residential Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2017
Competition is high and demanding. I would recommend this work place to a friend or colleague. They are heavily invested in being a strategic partner with their agents.
Nice enviornment
Cook, customer service (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 22, 2017
friendly fast environment, really focused on saftey and food quality. Management is great! they support you in ever way they can. Since this is a closed cafe to only workers , the customer base is very frienly.
Pros
company cafe
productive, fast paced, eventful
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 11, 2017
I always had something to do, and everyone was amazing to work with learned so much at this job. The job itself was between working at a hotel and being a janitor because students came and went, even if you cleaned the place before it could get messy again.
Pros
great coworkers, always busy
Cons
sometimes low on equipment
Ahead of the industry
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  10 E 53rd St, New York, NY 10022October 3, 2017
Compass is a great firm to work in if you want a fast-paced work culture. Because the company is a startup, there is a lot of internal changes as new board members get hired. All the hired in-house staff is super nice and helpful. As the company has been getting larger this past year and a half, it is taking longer to get questions, concerns answered. I would recommend the work place culture to anyone.
Pros
Advanced technology, ahead of the industry
great place
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2017
Patient care is priority to the owner and the treatting DDS. Each patient is given the time and attention that is deserved. The management is willing and offers to help with what is needed. The staff is friendly and helpful.
Has potential to be a productive work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2017
The company itself has good benefits and has potential to be a great work environment. The problem the company has was with the management itself, they do not value their employees and provide no room for advancement.
Co-workers
Steward Physician's Network (Current Employee) –  E Bridgewater, MASeptember 16, 2017
My Co-workers and my self have a high work ethic and work very well with each other. We are willing to help each other even if the work is nothing related to our own duties.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
No Breaks
Great company!
Social Media Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 12, 2017
Compass is a great company that values its employees. I am a freelancer so I do not get to experience all of the rewards of being a full-time employee, but my experience has been positive.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No room for advancement since I am a freelancer.
great workplace
Sales/Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montecito, CAAugust 3, 2017
Compass is a great brokerage. the atmosphere and people there are awesome. high tech, cutting edge, much better than other brokerages in the santa barbara area.
Compass is a good place but do not offer insurance
DSP (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2017
Compass is a nice company that i would prefer someone if have insurance outside.The company is well staffed and provides the necessary requirements which enables the job to learn smoothly.
Pros
extra hours if needed
Cons
no insurance
Cool
Transaction Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2017
I really liked my manager. That's about it. The real estate industry there is a bit of politicking that one needs to master in order to flourish. The money is OK.
good
Chef (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2017
typical day was good at compass. Lot of catering on a daily basis. Work environment was good. Love the kitchen, state of the art kitchen. Staffing crew was good but upper management could have been better with employees. Promotions should be more available to staff.
Pros
working hours
Cons
upper management could be less stressful
Compass has more negatives than positives
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 15, 2017
Compass has a culture of "everyone except the pilots are expendable" there is a really negative outlook towards management and its hard to tell if its just bitter employees or management does very little to help the employees do their jobs better.
Need to improve the pay
Dishwasher/Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 17, 2017
I was hired in January and was trained for 5 areas. When the reviews for the pay upgrade came they tested me in the area that I was just trained in the day before. They gave 3's even to the people that did the tasks to the tee so no one got the raise that worked so hard for.
Cons
Management, pay, organization
It was Great
Late Night Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 24, 2017
This experience was great. Compass have some very skilled people work for them. I will love to work for Compass. Work for them you can learn a lot. The chef's are great.
Great Coworkers
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2017
Management team ok I feel some things could be handle differently. I enjoyed the coworkers I worked with, I feel more help is needed for the amount of work that is needed to be done but overall I enjoy myself
Pros
free lunch and weekends off
Cons
pay not all that good no room for moving up
getting started
Executive secretary (Former Employee) –  cairoApril 21, 2017
was great chance but not so long get to learn a lot and deal with customers different managers lots of colleges was good chance to get started with work life
great place
food service worker (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMarch 28, 2017
easy to work for very understandable with your personal and work life very easy work if you did your job you extra rewards very small property wish i was still there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Compass.

Powered by Comparably