Compass Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment, team approach
PLMHP (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NESeptember 20, 2019
A typical day at work would depend on clients schedule, it would involve going into the homes of clients and working with them individually and as a family to improve their mental health and relationships, and growth.
Best Brokerage Ever
Santa Barbara Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa BarbaraSeptember 12, 2019
In 30 years a Brokerage finally got it right. We work out of the Santa Barbara office and John N & Bridget were incredible during the interview and hiring process!!!
Great
Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2019
It is a great experience working under the Compass umbrella. They are an amazing company to work for. They are always listening to feedback and looking for a way to grow.
Good Co workers
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 9, 2019
It was a team effort. Management was good and everyone was on board to success of the week. They also had a great open door policy. The owners were great as well.
Not great
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 4, 2019
Company really only focuses on the real estate agents so may be a better fit if you are an agent. Staff/ employees are not treated well.
Compass
Housekeeper/Discharge (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 2, 2019
I enjoyed doing the work I was doing and working for Compass. I wanted to work in healthcare, so I got a chance. The staff was friendly and professional.

I need a change of environment because at the time I was having personal problems. A relocation have help me a lot.
Pros
Compass has a experience benefit plan.
Cons
I worked the ground floor so getting a relief was difficult to find for me to get time off.
Work-Life Balance and Company Culture A Pluss
ILS Independent Living Support (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 29, 2019
Compass is a wonderful company to work with. They care about their employees and it shows within the management and across departments. Working with adults with disabilities is taxing, but management provides key trainings which create better employees.
Pros
Paid Training, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
N/a
Great opportunities to advance
Site Manager, Parker University (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2019
Great team to work with and good leadership. They allow me to run my business and support me with my client. I feel I can make a difference here not only for my company but for my client as well.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Allow you to make decisions and run your business.
Cons
Sometimes they can be slow to react.
Ridiculous and Unrealistic Work Environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDAugust 24, 2019
My time here has been abysmal. Perhaps it's that my personality clashes with the culture here, but I just could not feel comfortable even after trying to stick around for two weeks. In the particular office I worked from, they would blast hip hop music, which was very distracting. They also have an overly competitive work ethic, doing bets and dares without regard for other individuals interests. There is also a "Challenge Friday" where people throughout the office challenge one another to complete more sales, which initially sounds like good friendly competition until they explain to you at the last minute that you are betting to be humiliated in front of the whole office by getting a pie slapped in your face while still in your office clothes. Maybe I'm just not a fan of being humiliated, or maybe I'm missing the point, but nothing about that experience is encouraging to me, period. I can't stand that this job managed to be so disappointing in such a short period of time. It had a lot of promise, it felt like the work environment was going to be friendly and casual with a business persona to it, but its a sham with a business suit tacked on.
Fast paced company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2019
Growing too fast and losing its culture. The emphasis is on the customers and the pressure is on the employee. Agents are brought on and then lost in the shuffle.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
productive environment where every looks out for each other is available to help
Family Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 19, 2019
I have nothing but good things to say at compass, The staff are very professional and work together to achieve a common goal. When you are given tough cases, the supervisors and clinicians are very thoughtful and take the strength based approach to assist our families.
Social Media Marketing
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAAugust 17, 2019
I have learned more about social media marketing as Compass is enthusiastic about that aspect of growing their business. They encourage all employees to use Workplace rather than e-mail.
overrated brokerage. Not a tech company or supportive to top producing agents
Agent/Realtor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2019
I am realtor at compass and while I do like the IT department and office managers (I've never seen or met a regional manager) the marketing staff and onboarding team is almost useless. They claim to be a tech company but there are templates that the marketing team tells us to use when I need help. I just started last month and my time is limited. Why are we giving up so much of our split for such little support, only for the CEO to use agents to get funding to go public? It's a sham. Most of the marketing teams are fresh college grads that know very little about real estate. We have to ask for everything, even folders. They will take almost any agent that has sold a few homes a year. The culture is awful. There is nothing special, yes there are some cool templates and a cool app. Other brokerages have that too. run for the hills
Great
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2019
Over all working for compass was a great experience I got t ok learn so many new things and met new people who showed me lots of existing new things that made my job alot easier!
Really enjoyed my job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, TNJuly 26, 2019
My job at compass was In the bakery which i had done for a few years....would still be at the compass group but took on another job else where..Employees was very friendly and helpful .Awesome Chef manager..Hours was very good because i worked while my kids was at school
A typical day at work
Catering Assistant/Server (Current Employee) –  Fca Chrysler buildingJuly 25, 2019
I learned at about catering met a lot of good friend and people through out the building it has switched company while I have been there from Aramark to compass
Low pay, racial division and poor management
housekeeping (Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2019
I like the job at first, I was promised hours, promotes from within company but a few hours after being at work I saw it all wasn't true. Employees constantly walked off job because if one supervisor who h was Hispanic didn't like you, she would lie to the head supervisor and you would get reprimanded for this you didn't do.
the worst place to work
Program Coordinator for 1 day (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 3, 2019
if you have any pride in yourself do not even apply here. . but its an easy place to clock in and not actually be at work then get paid some managers told our class. they are too occupied to keep track of time in and out. if you are dishonest like this, its the perfect place because they are all dishonest we were told. the director cussed and talked about drinking and all her men during the minimal training. when she left the room 4-5 times an hour everyone was looking around wondering what this is about! people left when she did and 3 didn't come back the next day. we started with 13 and ended up with 2. i quit after 1 day when they wanted me to take a person to the Dr and i had never even seen them before! they bother you all the time begging you to work and text all hours of the day. i have heard them talking about the managers then talk to those managers about others. so much drama and the office workers will tell you this.
Pros
not one
Cons
no benefits, no staff stays, paychecks always wrong
Clients are the best part.
DIRECT SUPPORT STAFF MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2019
This place is hard to describe it not for the clients it would have been terrible. The management staff seem to have had no real concept of what they were doing at times and had a lack of professionalism. Some of the clients they have are some of the most difficult clients you could have but not all of them. Getting to know your clients and them knowing you.
Pros
Some of the clients
Cons
Over all running of the business and the pay.
Innovative Brokerage
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 14, 2019
Compass is an innovative Brokerage.

Creative Work environment
Innovative marketing
Positive workplace
Strong leadership
Offers furthering education and virtual training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Compass.

Powered by Comparably