Compassionate Care Hospice Employee Reviews

Very stressful place to work
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 3, 2018
You must be very flexible as your job duties will change. You will be dealing with people who are terminally ill and at the end of their life and many families will need extra support. Must be able to work in an ever changing business.
Hard to describe in a paragraph
Hospice Chaplain and Bereavement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 3, 2018
Overall enjoyed my experience.

I am ordained as a Rabbi but work mostly with an interfaith population, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I am very moved by the fact that despite our theological differences, all religions are bound together by the fact that they share a belief in a higher power. Some of my patients called me "father" and I was always accepted by my patients regardless of their affiliation. I prayed and sang "Amazing Grace" and other such songs.

I also enjoyed bereavement, as it allowed me to continue the patient's story to the next generation.

I look forward to be able to share more of my experience in person. !
A Great Company
Hospice Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 22, 2018
Wonderful Management!! Work Mon-Friday(weekend work if you want to pick up)! Holidays off! Paid holidays! GREAT PAY+mileage!! Free Life Insurance! Flexible schedule! Online Education for CCH that is applied directly to your professional license!! Thriving work environment, it’s like Family!! You feel appreciated working for Compassionate Care Hospice(CCH)!!! I won’t ever leave this company! I will work while continuing my education in healthcare! Also, it’s hard to become employed by CCH in our area bc it’s such a great job, no one leaves!! Turnover rate non existent!
Pros
Mon-Fri, No Weekends. Great for a parent! 401k, Paid Holidays! Earn PTO each pay period, Company Phone!
Cons
No 401k match, No Roadside Assistance as other travel companies, Sitting 2 full hrs with patients
workplace
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXAugust 20, 2018
Unprofessional does not respect the employees and they hire horrible nurse to take care of the community. no regard for family and patients feelings. Would not recommend
Finally a hospice company true to their mission
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2018
This company truly lives it's mission from the CEO all the way to the front-line staff. The focus is on placing resources at the bedside/ into the homes of their patients and at their employees fingertips. Their staff have longevity with the company and expertise in hospice. The CEO is fully in touch with what's happening at the staff level in real time. The compliance team is impressively knowledgeable and pro-active. Hospice certified leadership makes all the difference! Their policies and procedures make sense. And their business decisions are driven by quality of patient care. This national company feels more like a small family of professionals, but has the resources of a major market powerhouse.
Pros
Hospice experts, patient-focused business practices
Cons
cost of some benefits high end of normal range
Best Hospice to work at
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSAugust 9, 2018
I have worked at several hospices and this company goes above and beyond for their patients. There is a Full Time Nurse Practitioner and Full Time Respiratory Therapist on staff that see the patients routinely and provide education to the staff and make joint visits.
The patients are mostly cardiac and pulmonary because there are specialty programs. There are a lot of acute care and critical thinking involved. Management is relaxed and doesn't hover over you. They are all nurses and help when needed. They are not unwilling to get in the field when needed. The CNAs are incredible and a huge asset to the nurses.
Pros
relaxed, challenging, great pay, fun, great PTO
Cons
challenging, employer doesn't match 401k
dont go there
call Nurse Compassionate Care Hospice (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 5, 2018
this company in new jersey was a great place to work at first but then became a nightmare. some staff were fired then rehired then fired again, it was a roller coaster ride.
Horriable place to work. Toxic
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2018
Horrible place to work. The management does not respect or care for their employees. No communication. No help in the field. They hire unqualified people. It’s below basic care needs for their patients. Had to leave, such a toxic environment . Do not work here! I’ve never ever been treated so badly.
Pros
Cons
Horrible environment, bad management. No communication!
Terrible Place to Work
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 24, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE!!! I don't know about the other branches but in California the management is terrible. Very secretive and they hire unqualified people for management positions. There is a lot of turnover and very little training.
Pros
Cons
High turnover, terrible communication and disrespectful management team.
my mentor was an excellent hospice nurse that helped me become a confident hospice nurse.
RN, BSN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 17, 2018
This job with Compassionate Care was very good I obtain great experience in the field and understood the care needed for the dying and their family. It was stressful at times and painful to see people suffering, but rewarding to bring them relief at such a difficult time in their lives. This company was very ethical and excellent as patient advocate and taught their staff to be the same. This is one of the reason I enjoy working with my team.
Supportive staff
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2018
- Supportive staff
- Good referral network
- Limited availability of Medical Directorship
- Management does not care about operational issues at the branch level.
- Being under the CIA places a great deal of burden on staff and mangers.
- Higher case load
Pros
Good people to work with. They listen to you and respect your views and ideas.
Cons
Compensation and benefits are below par with industry peers, Medical Directors are contractors who have very limited availability to staff, Poor selection of vendors and overall vendor management.
Great co-workers.
Registered Nurse/Case Manager/Hospice Liaison (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 15, 2018
Hospice nursing is a very rewarding job which was the most enjoyable part of the job. The work expectations were unrealistic with regard to the job I was hired to do. The office crew was fantastic and always helpful.
staff
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Marmora, NJJuly 7, 2018
A family atmosphere found within the staff.
The chance to spend more time with individual patients that needed it. The flexibility that the position involved.
Great experience for getting started into the field of human services
Volunteer/Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 30, 2018
Overall CCH provided me a wonderful work environment to learn more about what it takes to be a human services professional. From the attire, to work culture, as well as giving me the opportunity to learn more about myself and various patients as I worked there. The hardest part was seeing a patient be administered but never seeing them be checked out. Death is a natural process but it is never easy to accept and overcome. The most enjoyable part is being able to provide patients with a smile and making their day, and knowing that you are giving them more reason to live their lives more comfortably and leisurely.
Pros
Good starting work experience, business casual attire, flexible scheduling, some days lunch is paid
Cons
heavy workload, stressful atmosphere, short lunch breaks, outdated technology
Management is the down fall of this office
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 27, 2018
Pay is industry average based on experience. Mileage reimbursement is the lowest in the industry- $0.38 a mile- Which doesn’t even cover your gas expense since territories are not managed correctly and you travel extensively. You are expected to work “however long it takes to get your work done” - the positions are salaried, and staff are often working after hours to complete visits and documentation- without compensation. Assignments are unrealistic based on a 40 hr work week- difficult to provide compassionate care when you’re trying to meet your unrealistic visit expectation. Management is rude and condescending at every opportunity, staff feel beaten at every meeting. Equipment is outdated and literally doubles the ammount of time staff spend documenting instead of tending to the patients.
Pros
Amazing field staff, by far the best out of any hospice
Cons
Management’s nasty attitude and constant need to belittle staff
I enjoyed working for Compassionate Care Hospice
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJune 11, 2018
I have never had any problems working for this company. Do your job the right way, then you will have smooth sailing. Supervisor was great with giving you time off.
Pros
Patient care, voicing your opinion
Cons
N/a
Prejudice Administrator
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 11, 2018
Compassionate Care Hospice has a hostile work environment. The administrator screams, yells, and belittles the staff. The administrator show favoritism and discriminates against people. Do not work here unless they get a new adminstrator.
Cons
Discrimination, favoritism, cut-throat and immature staff. Lots of gossiping in workplace.
Volunteer
Volunteer Visitor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 24, 2018
I had a wonderful relationship with my volunteer coordinator and with the clients I met. It was easy to get in touch with the staff when needed and I felt secure and safe working for them.
Compassionate Care
Administrative Assistant - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2018
I learned so much working at Compassionate Care. The people were great and the work environment was easy going and they make you feel like your apart of their family
productive place to work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport, DEMay 7, 2018
Working for Compassionate Care Hospice has been my first experience in Hospice. Typical day you see 5 to 8 patients in homes and facilities. Charting is done on a lap top. Communications are primarily via e-mail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compassionate Care Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about