Compassionate Care Hospice Employee Reviews

Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2018
- Supportive staff
- Good referral network
- Limited availability of Medical Directorship
- Management does not care about operational issues at the branch level.
- Being under the CIA places a great deal of burden on staff and mangers.
- Higher case load
Pros
Good people to work with. They listen to you and respect your views and ideas.
Cons
Compensation and benefits are below par with industry peers, Medical Directors are contractors who have very limited availability to staff, Poor selection of vendors and overall vendor management.
Great co-workers.
Registered Nurse/Case Manager/Hospice Liaison (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 15, 2018
Hospice nursing is a very rewarding job which was the most enjoyable part of the job. The work expectations were unrealistic with regard to the job I was hired to do. The office crew was fantastic and always helpful.
staff
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Marmora, NJJuly 7, 2018
A family atmosphere found within the staff.
The chance to spend more time with individual patients that needed it. The flexibility that the position involved.
Great experience for getting started into the field of human services
Volunteer/Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 30, 2018
Overall CCH provided me a wonderful work environment to learn more about what it takes to be a human services professional. From the attire, to work culture, as well as giving me the opportunity to learn more about myself and various patients as I worked there. The hardest part was seeing a patient be administered but never seeing them be checked out. Death is a natural process but it is never easy to accept and overcome. The most enjoyable part is being able to provide patients with a smile and making their day, and knowing that you are giving them more reason to live their lives more comfortably and leisurely.
Pros
Good starting work experience, business casual attire, flexible scheduling, some days lunch is paid
Cons
heavy workload, stressful atmosphere, short lunch breaks, outdated technology
Management is the down fall of this office
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 27, 2018
Pay is industry average based on experience. Mileage reimbursement is the lowest in the industry- $0.38 a mile- Which doesn’t even cover your gas expense since territories are not managed correctly and you travel extensively. You are expected to work “however long it takes to get your work done” - the positions are salaried, and staff are often working after hours to complete visits and documentation- without compensation. Assignments are unrealistic based on a 40 hr work week- difficult to provide compassionate care when you’re trying to meet your unrealistic visit expectation. Management is rude and condescending at every opportunity, staff feel beaten at every meeting. Equipment is outdated and literally doubles the ammount of time staff spend documenting instead of tending to the patients.
Pros
Amazing field staff, by far the best out of any hospice
Cons
Management’s nasty attitude and constant need to belittle staff
I enjoyed working for Compassionate Care Hospice
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJune 11, 2018
I have never had any problems working for this company. Do your job the right way, then you will have smooth sailing. Supervisor was great with giving you time off.
Pros
Patient care, voicing your opinion
Cons
N/a
Prejudice Administrator
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 11, 2018
Compassionate Care Hospice has a hostile work environment. The administrator screams, yells, and belittles the staff. The administrator show favoritism and discriminates against people. Do not work here unless they get a new adminstrator.
Cons
Discrimination, favoritism, cut-throat and immature staff. Lots of gossiping in workplace.
Volunteer
Volunteer Visitor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 24, 2018
I had a wonderful relationship with my volunteer coordinator and with the clients I met. It was easy to get in touch with the staff when needed and I felt secure and safe working for them.
Compassionate Care
Administrative Assistant - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2018
I learned so much working at Compassionate Care. The people were great and the work environment was easy going and they make you feel like your apart of their family
productive place to work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport, DEMay 7, 2018
Working for Compassionate Care Hospice has been my first experience in Hospice. Typical day you see 5 to 8 patients in homes and facilities. Charting is done on a lap top. Communications are primarily via e-mail.
Janice Ealy
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 7, 2018
Have a great day at work ,love my Patients,I Learn a lot about my patients culture and life,Love taking care of them,and communicating with them,My Team is amazing ,and so is my Boss,The most enjoyable part of my job is, coming in and get my patient ready for the day,and making sure they are settle in in the night.
Office Job
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MA 01801April 24, 2018
A typical work day consisted of answering the phone, charting charts, filing away charts, and attaching charts online. I learned how to work efficiently and in an organized fashion.
Independent visitations with Hospice Patients and families.
Regional Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJApril 15, 2018
Very rewarding in ministering to families who's love one are approaching end-of life. Providing spiritual support across all denominations is very rewarding.
Pros
Indepenent scheduling, not based on time spent but rather quality of visit.
Cons
Number of Clients that exceed the number that is listed as normal responsibility.
Outstanding
Intake Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 11, 2018
Management and staff cared for each other. Always willing to hear the staff. Family office environment. Staff appreciated for all the hard work. Paid for work put in.
Cons
I would rather not comment
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 9, 2018
I worked at Compassionate Care Hospice as a prn chaplain. I was not properly trained by the other chaplain. I was however trained by the social work. Communication between management and employees was very poor. I an hoping the environment has improved. I believe management has changed since I left Compassionate Care Hospice.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
poor communication
Love this job!
Hospic Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  North Hampton, NHMarch 27, 2018
I am a per diem social worker, I wish to work 10-16 hours a week.
When senus is low I have no hours.
I love the staff and the patients I am looking to work more consistently.
Pros
Wonder staff and patients
Cons
Too few hours
Medical Records
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMarch 15, 2018
It was stressful. The hardest day part was waiting for the staff to sign Documents that needed to be signed and filed. Management was great. Enjoyable part was completing my job.
Pros
They would order food or desserts.
Cons
It wasn't Accounts Payable
Not Perfect But The Right Things Matter
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Virginia, FloridaMarch 14, 2018
Compassionate Care is a great company that provides outstanding care to patients and families, coupled with a great work environment and advancement opportunities. I have been at the company for over 3 years and it was the best decision I ever made.
Pros
Lots of PTO, growth opportunities, allow leaders to lead.
Cons
technology left something to be desired but is consistently improving
Small Hospice Company dedicated to the underserved population.
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioMarch 8, 2018
At the time I worked for Compassionate Care Hospice, it was a new company in northeast Ohio, a highly competitive market. The management at the time was passionate about patient care, but not as interested in market share.
Poor management
Finance (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 7, 2018
Worked in Finance the manager who is also the owners DIL hasn't a clue! No concise direction, plays games etc. Expects too much and doesn't care an ounce about the staff.
Pros
Staff
Cons
expected 10-12 hour days and paid for 8

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compassionate Care Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.