Compassionate Care Hospice Employee Reviews

Racist, poor Management
Yes (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 15, 2018
Poor Management, Racist, Favors Caucasian, Social worker who drinks on the job while visiting patients on their last days of living, Hostile work environment, no communication from staff, the list continues
Pros
Cons
Too many too ADD
Rewarding
Intake - Admissions Coordinator - Current (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GADecember 9, 2018
It’s awesome! Just being part of such a loving, caring, compassionate and winning team makes it all worth being here. Everything else is an added bonus. I really love getting calls from patients or family members and at the end of the call I hear that sweet laughter. Just making them happy and feeling cared for is such an amazing reward.
Pros
Love my Co-workers and all that I am a part of at Compassionate Care Hospice
Cons
N/a
Don't keep it real
CHHA (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJDecember 4, 2018
They tell you one thing then get rid of you the next like you did have years put in the company. The company was good when I first start it. It was a great company in 2011-2015
Pros
learn different things
Cons
poor communication
Good on call support and a very giving staff.
Feild Lpn (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 3, 2018
I had a really supportive team when I worked for CCH. Embarking on a career in hospice can be scary and full of sudden surprises that may require a rapid response to help your patient to return to a level of comfort that allows the patient to have the best quality of life. My favorite assignment was wound care.
Pros
Christmas bonuses
Cons
Administration changes
Great place to wrk
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJDecember 1, 2018
Great place to work,
Fair, equitable competitive salary.
Busy day. Able to manage time independently.
Wear and tair on the car the only down side as too many miles on my car now.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
none to think of
See below
Hospice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 31, 2018
No flexible time
No time options
PRN not available
Lack of acceptable vacation time for very stressful job
Have had 4 direct supervisors in the last 8 months
I started in January and am now the most senior case manager
Intake Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 26, 2018
For the most part it is a good place to work. Management is fair and work with you if you have problem. Management builds team spirit. Field nurses have a flexible schedule, as with most home health and hospie agencies
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, On-call
Cons
No real advancement opportun ities
caring for a transitional patient
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 13, 2018
I was able to step in with prayer to help this family deal with a transitional of a very young patient which was a very hard case to deal with but after prayer a strong sense of peace came over the room was the best experience to have witnessed.
Family oriented environment.
Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Compassionate Care Hospice is an amazing place. I am currently an Intern while attending Berkeley College. Wonderful group of people and a productive workplace.
Pros
Free lunches.
Unprofessional
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Rather not saySeptember 25, 2018
The management likes to seem like they are in your corner and that they have your back. They say all the right things, but are lying to your face. After giving no guidance, you are expected to know how things work. After realizing the job was never going to be what I was told it would be, I choose to leave and gave 2 wks notice. Four days later, I was told, via e-mail, that I was no longer needed. Not even the respect of a phone call. Very disappointed in the lack of professionalism.
Pros
Very nice co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons
No guidance or training. Lack of communication from mgmt. Lack of honesty and professionalism
Nice fun place to work
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 8, 2018
Compassionate care was a very nice place to work . Management always made sure at staff meeting they fed us good food. They also gave out little gifts at the meetings to show appreciation
Very stressful place to work
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 3, 2018
You must be very flexible as your job duties will change. You will be dealing with people who are terminally ill and at the end of their life and many families will need extra support. Must be able to work in an ever changing business.
Hard to describe in a paragraph
Hospice Chaplain and Bereavement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 3, 2018
Overall enjoyed my experience.

I am ordained as a Rabbi but work mostly with an interfaith population, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I am very moved by the fact that despite our theological differences, all religions are bound together by the fact that they share a belief in a higher power. Some of my patients called me "father" and I was always accepted by my patients regardless of their affiliation. I prayed and sang "Amazing Grace" and other such songs.

I also enjoyed bereavement, as it allowed me to continue the patient's story to the next generation.

I look forward to be able to share more of my experience in person. !
A Great Company
Hospice Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 22, 2018
Wonderful Management!! Work Mon-Friday(weekend work if you want to pick up)! Holidays off! Paid holidays! GREAT PAY+mileage!! Free Life Insurance! Flexible schedule! Online Education for CCH that is applied directly to your professional license!! Thriving work environment, it’s like Family!! You feel appreciated working for Compassionate Care Hospice(CCH)!!! I won’t ever leave this company! I will work while continuing my education in healthcare! Also, it’s hard to become employed by CCH in our area bc it’s such a great job, no one leaves!! Turnover rate non existent!
Pros
Mon-Fri, No Weekends. Great for a parent! 401k, Paid Holidays! Earn PTO each pay period, Company Phone!
Cons
No 401k match, No Roadside Assistance as other travel companies, Sitting 2 full hrs with patients
workplace
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXAugust 20, 2018
Unprofessional does not respect the employees and they hire horrible nurse to take care of the community. no regard for family and patients feelings. Would not recommend
Finally a hospice company true to their mission
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2018
This company truly lives it's mission from the CEO all the way to the front-line staff. The focus is on placing resources at the bedside/ into the homes of their patients and at their employees fingertips. Their staff have longevity with the company and expertise in hospice. The CEO is fully in touch with what's happening at the staff level in real time. The compliance team is impressively knowledgeable and pro-active. Hospice certified leadership makes all the difference! Their policies and procedures make sense. And their business decisions are driven by quality of patient care. This national company feels more like a small family of professionals, but has the resources of a major market powerhouse.
Pros
Hospice experts, patient-focused business practices
Cons
cost of some benefits high end of normal range
Best Hospice to work at
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSAugust 9, 2018
I have worked at several hospices and this company goes above and beyond for their patients. There is a Full Time Nurse Practitioner and Full Time Respiratory Therapist on staff that see the patients routinely and provide education to the staff and make joint visits.
The patients are mostly cardiac and pulmonary because there are specialty programs. There are a lot of acute care and critical thinking involved. Management is relaxed and doesn't hover over you. They are all nurses and help when needed. They are not unwilling to get in the field when needed. The CNAs are incredible and a huge asset to the nurses.
Pros
relaxed, challenging, great pay, fun, great PTO
Cons
challenging, employer doesn't match 401k
dont go there
call Nurse Compassionate Care Hospice (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 5, 2018
this company in new jersey was a great place to work at first but then became a nightmare. some staff were fired then rehired then fired again, it was a roller coaster ride.
Horriable place to work. Toxic
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2018
Horrible place to work. The management does not respect or care for their employees. No communication. No help in the field. They hire unqualified people. It’s below basic care needs for their patients. Had to leave, such a toxic environment . Do not work here! I’ve never ever been treated so badly.
Pros
Cons
Horrible environment, bad management. No communication!
Terrible Place to Work
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 24, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE!!! I don't know about the other branches but in California the management is terrible. Very secretive and they hire unqualified people for management positions. There is a lot of turnover and very little training.
Pros
Cons
High turnover, terrible communication and disrespectful management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compassionate Care Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.