Compassus Employee Reviews

Great mission
HOSPICE CARE LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2019
Working here was great, very competitive. A lot of staff was overworked due to turnover. Offered a lot of training and recognition for hard work. Good cultural and great with patients an families.
Pros
Work environment, benefits
Cons
work life balance
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJanuary 6, 2019
This company can do better if they was to look out for there employer and not just work them so much. This company have had people leave. Need improve
good corporate support
Hospice Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 3, 2019
Good Company with strong corporate training processes, and corporate support, lacking local support for field personnel and local presence, local management lacking
Disorganized no one knew how to use the computer program
Field Nurse for Hospice (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78411December 23, 2018
Morning meeting, get assignment and start seeing patients. Management was ok but no one knew how to use the computer program which didnt help me. The computer program was the hardest part of the job. I did not enjoy this job.
Pros
taking care of patients
Cons
computer
Nepotistic. Negative. Zero structure.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 18, 2018
I worked there for 2 years. I never got any kind of training, or an evaluation, or raise. One of the top managers brothers runs a successful competitive company and we were constantly having to sign forms stating that we weren't working for him or sending him information. So lots of paranoia. Any complaints filed w HR were supposed to be anonymous but no one cares about confidentiality and would let everyone know who specifically complained so everyone is scared. Anyone raising questions about process or questioning certain managers will be labeled a snitch. If you get approved for PTO, and fall out of the family's graces they will tell you it is canceled last minute. Lots of abusive language and racism. The field staff have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet. There are not enough patients. Family members of top said manager get raises and promotions and extended lunches. There are 5 people working in the office directly related. Lots of distant relatives as well. Crying every day is normal for everyone. Be prepared for random office staff meetings where top managers burst into tears and you feel left out for being less emotional and volatile. You will be threatened. Maybe the company itself is good, maybe it's just the management. The benefits are so bad no one takes care of their health. Management makes fun of people with the company's health plan saying openly that it is terrible. Departments will gang up on eachother. Fighting is encouraged and will label you as tough. It will steal your sparkle and make you think something is wrong with you.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Benifits. Nepotism. Negativity.
focus on quantity( money and numbers) not quality
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTDecember 13, 2018
Very disorganized and demanding. Focus is on numbers (quantity) over quality of care. The CEO in the Orange office was pushing numbers and accepting referrals (admissions) without the appropriate nursing staff to provide quality and safe/ethical care to the dying patients and their families. CEO is very demanding of the nursing staff and overworking some very caring and hard working nurses creating an unsafe environment. Also. the benefits are the worst I've seen for working families especially single parents. The benefits offered to working families are shameful ( ultra expensive) and another clear example of the for profit culture at Compasses. If you value your nursing license steer clear of Compassus. I do not recommend this company.
Pros
a few staff members.
Cons
quantity over quality...focus on making money over ethics
Great team and direct manager
Hospital Marketing and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 9, 2018
Compassus was a nice place to work. Many changes took place while I was employed Eventually the company went under in Kansas City. The direct vision of the company wasn't very clear.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor management
Compassus is a Hospice group
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, SCNovember 26, 2018
Third largest hospice group in the US
Christian based company.
Built on compassion and love
I recruited volunteers to be companions in patients home and facilities.
Once I find someone I inview them, then train them and supervise them.
Work day consist of interviewing potential volunteers,
Traveling to communities ( facilities) to market Compassus Hospice by providing ice cream socials and other events.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Loosing a patient
Was fine until management
IT (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 14, 2018
Horrible company. Lack of communication between corporate and field. No real management support nor growth opportunities. Lots of harassment and illegal activity.
Pros
Having a paycheck
Cons
Favoritism, no growth, horrible management and communication.
Poor mangement and dishonest from all administration
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  missouriNovember 14, 2018
The work environment was toxic. I was treated unfairly and with absolutely no respect. I attempted to call HR and was never helped with my complaints. I would not recommend this company to anyone at any position.
Pros
Cons
poor work environment, dishonest, no loyalty
Not a good place to work
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 12, 2018
Good place when i first started. But management and turnover is very high and it became a very stressful place to be. They are always looking for someone to get in trouble. Life, school, and anything else that may be going on in your life is none of their concern and they make it very clear.
Pros
patients
Cons
bad management
Amazing plce to work.
Bereavement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMNovember 11, 2018
Great culture, benefits, and compensation. Very rewarding place to work. You can directly impact peoples lives when they most need support. I feel very lucky to work here.
Hospice Chaplain (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PANovember 8, 2018
I enjoyed the work and was allowed to manage my own schedule with minimal interference from management. Unfortunately our office was faced with managerial challenges as census declined and directors changed. Staff's spiritual needs were well-recognized and a welcome part of my responsibilities as their only chaplain.
Quality Agency with excellent management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 8, 2018
typical day- 5 patients. PT's only, you keep your own patients, and an excellent continuum of care. I Learned a great amount with the OASIS training every 2 weeks. Very supportive management, excellent EMR with real time apps. Highly recommended employer
n/a
RN CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 7, 2018
Great place to work with hands on management. PCC lead by example. She would move to the field to meet patient needs and help her staff at the any time.
Legacy’s staff is amazing
Refugio, TX (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 2, 2018
They are a great company to work for, I love working with the handicap and elderly , the hours are to my liking and if I have any problems they are right on top of it. I have never had a problem
Internship
Administrative Internship (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GANovember 1, 2018
I did my internship at Hospice Compassus (Fayetteville, GA) and I loved it! The volunteer coordinator is awesome and sooo nice. Everyone was nice actually. I learned a lot and wish there was time for me learn much more !!!
Pros
Helpful, Dependable, Kind
Cons
N/a
Great Company
Leader (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 1, 2018
I truly feel this company is the best one I have ever worked for. I feel appreciated and cared for by the leaders of the organization. Passion and purpose describe my experience with Compassus.
Pros
Compassion
Benefits
Do not work there
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 31, 2018
Horrible company. Do not work there. There is no job security. Management is cut-throat. You never know how many hours you will be able to work from one week to the next. Overturn is terrible. They lie to people in order to hire them.
Pros
Cons
Cut-throat leadership
Home Health Provider
Home Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXOctober 26, 2018
Working for Legacy was great. The employer really went out of there way to accommodate a suitable work schedule for both client and employee. All staff members were always very curtious.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Some clients require 7 day care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compassus. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight