Compeer Financial Employee Reviews

Great Ag Company
Director (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNNovember 14, 2018
Great individual people working with great clients. Management is old school and not super creative, but good humans. They like to promote within so need to train people more into each role. Very flexible work environment, supportive and a really good place to work.
Great Place to Work
Senior Director, Client Service and Operations (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IASeptember 6, 2018
Company allows for independence and decision making. Good benefits and friendly team members. Opportunities exist for employees to participate in new endeavors.
Good company.
Credit Processing Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNJuly 26, 2018
I'm posting this because Indeed is requiring me to... I worked at Compeer Financial under the ProPartners Division in Lake Elmo. It was a great company to work for. I was only an intern though. Good people.
relaxed, busy work environment.
loan doc service (Former Employee) –  Stewartville, MNJuly 2, 2018
Say good morning, Set up my work and desk. Always looked in my file to see what I left for the next day and finished that first then went and retrieved more work off web, I learnt a lot about loans in what information you need and what was required to get papers done. Management treat you with respect and very good to you. I loved working there. Everyone friendly, helpful, and informative too. To remember all the different types of loans. I loved the challenge of making sure I filled all the paper work correct and remembering all the different things to do on each loan.
Pros
free drinks, lots of free dinners.
Cons
no cons.they are very good to there employees
Management is unskilled and cliquish
Senior Software Designer (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILMay 10, 2018
There is a giant chasm between how the business users feel about your work and what the management thinks of you. Management is very cliquish, if your are not in the clique then they will hold a grudge against you. Management wouldn't know talent if it smacked them in the face.
Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIAugust 8, 2015
They could do better in this. Their management in Rice Lake branch could definitely use some more training. Not professional at all.. Other than that it was a good company to work for. Great Benefits
Productive workplace with recognition
Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 29, 2014
Working for AgStar Financial Services has set me up for my long-term career. I have learned so much professionally and enjoy everyone I have had the pleasure of working with.
fun workplace
Crop Insurance Reporting Intern (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, WIDecember 18, 2013
Good work/life balance.
Not as many options for advancement.
Great overall place to work.
Good co-workers and friendly atmosphere.
Internship Program
Crop Insurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Worthington, MNSeptember 16, 2013
AgStar has a wonderful internship program that allows students to feel like their work is important and their dedication to AgStar is valued.
Company that truly cares!
Client Solutions Associate (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 19, 2013
Working for AgStar has been a very fulfilling experience. They truly believe that treating their employees well will result in pleased customers. The benefits are outstanding, and they are always willing to do what they have to in order to help you advance in your career.

If you are looking for a job in finance/agriculture, I would highly recommend this company.
Great place to work!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 18, 2013
This is a great company to work for. I've worked for a few different companies in my career and AgStar is the best by far. They value us as employees, they value our ideas, and like to promote from within. It is also a company that gives a lot back to the community, which is important. I am proud to say that I work for them and think they do a great job in serving our clients and surrounding communities. I truly believe they are a company that puts the client and their success first.
Pros
great corporate culture, very charitable
Willing to train
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  MankatoApril 18, 2013
AgStar hired me fresh out of college 7 years ago without any real life financial experience. Since then, they have provided high quality training opportunities that have enabled me to grow in my career.

Now as a more seasoned employee, they continue to retain me on the team not only through fair base salaries and competetive benefits, but more importantly by the team that I get to work with on a daily basis. The respectful team member relationships at the office I work at are world class, which makes coming to work every day a true joy!

Only frustrations revolve around the continued change that occurs as the company strives to move to a higher level of standardization. This is ultimately a good thing, but it can be frustrating while the changes are being designed and implemented, and then redesignd and implemented further. The end result will be world class, but somewhat painful along the way.
Pros
fair pay rates, quality co-workers, willingness to train
Progressive, Friendly Place to Work
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNApril 18, 2013
There are many things about AgStar that make working here special. I will tell you that I have held positions with several other companies and have never worked at a place that had such a strong culture as AgStar. What I mean by that is that I know why I’m doing the work I’m doing, who it will benefit and how, and how I should do it. I remember being at an orientation after a few months of working here and we made a list of “what we do at AgStar” and we came up with a list of products and services. Then as we nailed down what we really did a member of the executive team suggested that we make the dreams of farmers come true. I really think that that statement was true. We help farmers achieve their goals and help them protect their crops.
I love my co-workers. We all support each other and work together to achieve the goals of our team. We have great management that guide and challenge us appropriately. People here are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and provide the help necessary to create a great end product.
Pros
benefits and perks, work environment, compensation, work culture
Cons
short term disability
Great Place to Work
AgStar Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 18, 2013
I have worked at AgStar for a little over two years now and my expectations have been exceeded. AgStar is a Top 100 Workplace in Minnesota, and as a team member that is very apparent. AgStar truly cares about their team members, and will go above and beyond to do what is best for their clients. If you can get your foot in the door at AgStar, I would definitely suggest it!
Pros
benefits, team-oriented, friendly co-workers, enjoy coming to work
Passionate people; Company does what's right for its clients!
AgStar Team Member (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNApril 18, 2013
Mission driven organization
"Family friendly"
Flexibility
Training opportunities
Recognition
Team Building days
Holiday Party held annually
They hold an annual conference of 3 days of fun (and paid for by AgStar) - we've been to San Fransisco, Hawaii, Milwaukee, Chicago
Free parking
Free pop, coffee, tea, etc.
Pros
awesome benefits, especially 401k match/contribution
HR Intern
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 30, 2013
Awesome place to work for, I didn't know what a good company was until I started working here. The company is always growing so there are many opportunities and they treat their team members like gold.
Not a good fit
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 1, 2012
Billion dollar ag lender with heavy emphasis on revenue. Management worried about making a profit. Not fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compeer Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight