CompHealth

CompHealth Employee Reviews

United States161 reviews

locumrecruiterassignmenthousingtravelcontractfacilitycompensation

Solid Recruiting Firm

Things at CompHealth are great. They can really help you succeed in your role and everyone wants you to. The only problem I had was management changing and not offering much advancement. Otherwise, great place to work.

Pros

Great work/life balance, Pto, nice people

Cons

Salary could be bumped but commissions are solid

you are away from home for weeks on end

this is a good travel company. they do what they say there going to do. also they put most things in writing so there is no misunderstanding. money is more than 2x working in a fixed company setting. low experience requirements. Started traveling with only 18 months experience.

CompHealth insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Bad experience several years ago. I was treated by credentialing staff as if there was a stigma to being a locum physician.

Overall poor experience. I got along well with the hospital nursing and other staff with the exception of the nurse manager who kept telling me that other physicians were complaining about orders I was writing. I personally contacted the physicians and none indicated that there were any issues. the physicians were friendly and helpful. I saved their phone numbers and co-managed the patients with them, yet the nurse manager kept trying to convince me that the doctors were angry with me. It was a strange and hostile environment to work in.

Pros

Not many

Cons

You get the strange sense that Comp Health works with facilities to smear physician reputations

Terrible Management- Low rate

Bait and switch- lots of red tape for everything - I was remote but wasn’t compensated for any expenses- rate much lower than other remote SLPs at my location- simple requests had to go through layers of management and were often made too late

Pros

Remote

Cons

Low rate- poor management

Good company to work for

Supervisors / managers were easy to reach and always provided good support. Pay was reasonable. Benefits were good, as well. Overall, I highly recommend this company.

Worked 1travel assignment that lasted 5 weeks

Accepted one local travel assignment with this company. Position was with a SNF as interim therapists while Company had been bought out, to provide continuum of care. I have no opinions about management because I had little interaction with this company and have no recall of it's policies

I enjoy my recruiter she is always looking out for my best interest.

CompHealth is a great company. They support me in all my travel assignments. My recruiter looks for the best possible assignment for me. Great company to work for.

Very supportive during my contract

Housing was very nice, clinic was nice and I received adequate EMR training. The town was lovely and weekends were lots of fun exploring the area. Clinic staff very helpful.

They work to accommodate your needs

I have enjoyed two assignments over the past 2 yrs. One was for 3 months the other was for 4months. They were help with any issue you might have run into

Pros

Paychecks and benefits

Cons

Being away from

good bosses

great environment , fun people, good pay, not anything I would really change or have them do differently . really a great group of people overall. love the location also

Ping pong and cafeteria

Great work amenities like ping pong and cafeteria and telephone sound booths. Also, great gym and locker room, access to bike rental, close to walking and biking path.

Basically a call center

This is basically just a call center now. Employees, no matter their seniority, have no autonomy in their work. The base salary is decent but the commission structure is abysmal. You won’t make much off of commission for quite a few years.

Worked as physician Locums. Charlatan

CompHealth is one of several locums Tenens companies with which I have worked but the only one which has operated with “scum bag” behavior. They have a very prohibitive contract and physicians should be aware that every sentence in it is meant to allow the company to take advantage of you. They will not pay you and will find any excuse to allow the client to say they will not pay your overtime. Working conditions will be terrible but they will do nothing to speak with the client. Clients/hospitals love them because they give them “fresh meat” to use and do nothing require them to honor any compensation contracts.

Pros

Cons

Unfair unethical work practices

Pure business model about making money

Putting people first is at the core of their values, yet it is apparent that Capital investors and leadership are only looking out for their own gang. Turnover is incredibly high, morale continues to get lower, and the ongoing changes to the configuration of compensation and expectation for an employees opportunity for success gets further and further from the majority of staff. Leaders are clearly soldiers and do not wish to or have the ability to question the antiquated model of managing expectations or people and the reality of growing the business and the challenges the company must address. It is very disappointing, and I expect they will see significant losses in the future unless they care to evolve.

Pros

Work from home. Thank you COVID

Cons

Poor and inadequate compensation, inexperienced and unqualified managers, terribly monotonous daily tasks which are not conducive of modern strategy, a incredible focus on taking advantage of others

Not the company it was 5+ years ago.....

this company used to live by their core values, putting people first, continuous improvement, integrity and ethics, etc..... They still mention it in almost every meeting but I feel that it's not just something they say and not really live by. Even after their employee opinion survey skewered CompHealth they still have not made any of the changes that people had suggested that could help them stay competitive. In just the last 4-6 months CompHealth has had many tenured sales reps who have been there for years leave due to this awful culture. After covid hit in an effort to keep as much business as possible they issued a mandatory 250+ calls per week. even to reps who had been there for 25 years! These reps who operate mainly off of emails where they get on average of usually about 40 calls a week but with a 3000 day book of business have to make the same amount of calls as brand new reps who have no business. This company will not change unless upper management changes. Just a bunch of good ol' boys who have been with the company in it's hayday not accepting the fact we are not the best anymore because we have not changed or adapted. This is now a call center with no culture. It used to be a great company but now just struggling with change they won't accept....

Pros

onsite gym, game room, cafeteria, beautiful building

Cons

CR is much more difficult and stress related than a PR, upper management, call center, locums is a frustrating sales job. roller coaster of emotions

Great culture, terrible compensation

Fantastic training program. You will know what you’re doing by the time you’re set free to sell. That said, this company is THE MOST EXPENSIVE company in this sector. They RAIL their clients which makes it very difficult to compete. If you do find success, they pay you with peanuts. People with multi-million dollar books of business barely scratch 6 figures because they reset your pay scale every year. If you perform to the same level you did last year, you won’t see much of a bonus which is where we earn the majority of our income. Good first job out of school to get acclimated to corporate culture, but certainly not a long term career type of company.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Terrible compensation, no opportunity for advancement

Management is AWFUL! RUN

They do not care about their employees. They do not provide training once you get to the floor or your department. They just tell you to make calls and refuse to spend time to train you on the department that you work in. If you take time off they hold it against you. It's all about the "good old boys". I FOUND OUT THAT THEY ARE THE BIGGEST COMPANY IN UTAH THAT HAS TO PAY UNEMPLOYMENT. They do missive lay-offs. #1 in Utah for pay out to the unemployment office. If you work here, just plan on it being a matter of time until you are laid off. The culture is a joke, they don't care about getting to know you. The management is the hardest part along with not being trained in your specialized department. THEY LIE ABOUT THE PAY. They only want you to think you COULD make that, but as soon as you get a good check they will lay you off. Everyone that isn't laid off leaves like I did.

Pros

The Cafeteria

Cons

They lie about the pay, they have their favorites, no data or polices to back up what management says.

Fun way to travel the country and see new cultures

As working any Locum’s assignment things change so always be flexible and have a back up plan. It is a good way to advance your skills and be challenging for new ways of doing medicine and improving skills.

Pros

They take of most of the administrative duties and licenses and travel

Cons

Some assignments end earlier so have your future assignments lined up

Supportive Company/ Pay not the most competitive

I have loved working with CompHealth. My recruiter is supportive and easily accessible. There are not always assignments in the desired areas and the pay can be lower in comparison to other travel agencies. My concerns are more so with the specific district. Overall, this is a great company and very attentive to your needs.

Pros

Great benefits, communicative/supportive, and weekly pay checks

Cons

lower rates, not always assignments in desired cities

One of the best out there...

I worked for CompHealth for almost 4 years as a Locums Doc. Multiple rural placements across the country. Compensation was lower than it should be, which means they are keeping more of the money *I* am earning. That being said, my recruiter worked hard to get me placements that I truly enjoyed for the most part. He made sure I had appropriate housing (apartments or small homes...not sleazy hotels) and that my travel was covered (including private vehicle mileage). Malpractice with tail is part of the normal contract. In addition, if you request it, the credentialing department will use your CV to fill out most of your credentialling documents, assuming that it is reasonably up to date and thorough. This will save you countless hours of YOUR more valuable time in the process. The ladies in credentialling were very kind about it when I requested it.Always remember, the recruiters ultimately work for those who pay them...the hospitals, not you. Negotiations will always be to CompHealth and the Hospital's favor, but win-win solutions can be had.

Pros

appropriate housing, travel reimbursement, and placements

Cons

pay lower than industry standards, no benefits / retirement

Proceed with Caution

Started out as a great experience. The pay was very good and my travel, rental car, and lodging were all provided. I only had to pay for gas and food. I was receiving outstanding reviews from the hospitals where I was working. I devoted a considerable amount of time to the company and missed two consecutive Thanksgivings and Christmas with my family. I felt I had a great rapport with my representative at the company and felt supported. Unfortunately, when there was a conflict with hospital administration and unsubstantiated allegations by a sociopathic staff member whom I had expressed concerns about, CompHealth did not want to hear my side and sided with the hospitals in terminating my assignments with the hospitals. As a result, CompHealth severed all affiliation with me at a time when providing locum tenens services was my sole source of income and when my opportunities were limited due to the rise of Covid-19.

Pros

Good pay. All arrangements made by CompHealth

Cons

Lack of support when false allegations made by the facility

Common questions about CompHealth

Answered by current and former employees at CompHealth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompHealth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits