CompHealth Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, but very serious business when needed
Exclusive Client Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2018
Fun place to work, but very serious in business matters when needed. Very competitive rates, employees and executives. It is a fun culture designed to involve the employee and stimulate the mind as much as possible while still concentrating on clientele and effecting the market.
Beware if you take a Physician Assignment !
Physician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 2, 2018
CompHealth assigned me to a variety of jobs as a physician. Most positive, a few very negative. Things changed when I came under the "control" of a new rep. He told me that I wasn't qualified to work urgent care when they had assignmed me to various urgent care clinics over an 18 month period. I tried to get a two day Urgent Care assignment through CompHealth with a clinic that I had worked for many times (in urgent care) . The rep told me I was not credentialed for urgent care and killed the process. Cost me a great assignment and $2400.

What kind of company approves credentialing for 18 months and then claims that the doctor is not credentialed for urgent care and kills a job opportunity? ! He also told me that as an Internist (even with extensive experience in urgent care) that CompHealth's insurance would never allow me to work in urgent care again even though the mal-practice insurance company allegedly approved me in the past. I have No claims. No complaints.

Don't sign up with this company because they may turn around and bite you on the butt. You are nothing but a pawn when you work with CompHealth. They do have a lot assignments available but be aware that you will be working with bullies. And after you leave CompHealth you cannot get another assignment with any company they introduced you to for TWO years !

They own you lock stock and barrel..
Pros
A lot of jobs available
Cons
Read the review.
This is a Locum Tenum job finding company.
ARNP (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMJune 10, 2018
This company will find available Locum jobs for ARNP and PA's. They have better benefits than most Locum companies and a competitive salary. Free Housing and a 6 figure salary are the normal.
Pros
Salary and benefits.
Cons
unpain time between assginments.
Great
Psychiatrist (Former Employee) –  Locum positionJune 4, 2018
Great experience even when I just had part time job for few months in 2011-12?
I left the clinic assignment due to difficulties with staff and my recruiter helped me phase out of the position very nicely.
Pros
Very attentive and effective
Cons
Good for the right person
Physician Recr (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTApril 20, 2018
This job requires complete dedication to succeed without feeling burnout, Good for the right person in the right circumstances. They force you to grow individually and that is priceless. But you must be in the right mindset to do well long term.
Pros
Potential for good pay, personal growth experience
Cons
Stressful, will make you cry, very competitive, and sometimes out of your control if you don’t have prior training to prepare you better.
Cutt throat, work for pennies, you're just another number
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 5, 2018
CompHealth has the mentality that if they hire you then you owe them everything and they have NO problem firing you. It's the first place I've ever worked where I would be chatting with a co-worker one minute and the next minute they were gone and their desk was being cleaned out. It doesn't matter if you've been there 20 minutes or 20 years the loyalty to you is the same. I've witnessed numerous employees get completed blindsided by being called into a conference room and being terminated. They are burning through the available workforce in Utah and their reputation and employee attitudes are suffering because of it.
Pros
Fun at first
Cons
Absolutely zero job security
nothing to say
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTMarch 22, 2018
CompHealth is a huge company with alot of employee's. If you are looking for a large company to work for then this is where you should apply. They may have changed their name?
Excellect company for travelers
travel microbiology technologist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 20, 2018
Decent travel company, had my back. Sometimes housing placements were an issue depending on the area I was sent to. One has to look at this type of position as an experience and a way to travel. Often times people are grateful for your help. Great way to get experience, but do carefully screen the facility you will be working for and make sure to heed any red flags during the interview process.
Pros
na
Cons
No vacation time, contract based
Great culture with encouraged work - life balance.
MEDICAL STAFF COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 3, 2018
CompHealth is a great place to work, there is an onsite gym, a kitchen with healthy food choices. The culture encourages employee recognition and strives to put people first.
I don't want to say anything here
Search Consultant Surgery Team (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 31, 2018
I don't have anything to say. Great company, poor leadership unfortunately. All boys club, they don't let women advance in the company. Work life balance is somewhat of a lie there.
Great Opportunity to Learn and Grow
Entry Level - Promoted (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 26, 2018
I've been an employee of CompHealth for over 15 years. CompHealth offers a great culture and environment to grow and build your skill set. The opportunities are unlimited to anyone who is interested in wanting to make a good - great income, open to growing and learning, have exceptional benefits and great culture. If you lack a good work ethic- don't bother- you wont last here. All those who have been successful on the long term- are dedicated employees and give CompHealth as much as CompHealth gives them back!

Love this company. I love working with a company that helps make a difference in so many communities and patients lives.
Pros
Flex Time, Pto, Commission, Volunteer time off, Company paid benefits
Cons
The ability to work from home more would be great. ( i know it is not always feesible)
Good culture, like coworkers
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale Beach, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Good culture, enjoy working with my employees. Depending on the teams managers can micro manage too much. Stressful to hit numbers that may not be realistic.
Pros
Excellent benefits, onsite health clinic, gym, fun activities
Cons
Micro manage, can be stressful, depends on team and having a good leader
Productive workplace
Pediatric Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2018
CompHealth is overall a good company to work for. It definitely rewards and treats the sales reps better than any of the administrative staff, which was unfortunate.
Pros
Busy and productive environment
Cons
Lack of appreciation for administrators
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2018
Friendly atmosphere
Good benefits
Advancement opportunities
The biggest issue was the company was moving towards an automated system for Locum Tenens Payroll
Excellent Company
Traveling Histology Tech (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHDecember 10, 2017
The staff at the company really care about you and are concerned about you and your well being. They are willing to accommodate and help you with just about anything. They don't take days to respond they are very quick. I love Comp Health
Great company
staff OTR (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 26, 2017
Great company to work with. I got a great contract, my recruiter worked hard to satisfy all of my needs. Great housing placement. Great support while working.
Poorly run, poor communication.
Physician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2017
Any self respecting doctor would not give the time of day to this company. Unfortunately, I had the experience of working with them. It seems like most of the coordination and actual "footwork" of this company is a bunch of 20 something year-olds trying to make a quick buck. I would avoid at all costs. Unless, you have zero self respect.
Locum tenans company
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2017
Great rapport with recruiter. Recruiter maintained contact with me during my assignments and supported my decisions without any pressures. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with this company. They kept me flowing with work.
Great company support
PTA (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NC, Tallahassee, Fl.June 13, 2017
Very quickly resolved any problems with housing and very helpful with all aspects of being a traveling therapist. Great help in getting licenced in the state of employment. Showed much concern about your happiness and safety while on assignment.
Love flexiblity
FNP (Current Employee) –  VariedMay 8, 2017
Locum provides flexible scheduling and good work life balance. sometime difficult to get placements in desired locations. Pay is good. Housing is also good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about