CompHealth Employee Reviews

Transparent, cool, and fun. Great people and all seem to be attractive.
Provider Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2019
This is a terrific place to work. Probably even more so if you are in your twenties and looking to kick off a career that can make great money and lots of friends. Tough if you are older and looking to learn what you are worth sooner than later. Feeling like an outcast most days but there are more than enough opportunities to get to know others, grow, and expand your knowledge.
Watch your back
Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2019
There are perks to working at CompHealth. Insurance and pay is fair. However you better just keep your mouth shut and your head down. Suggestions are not appreciated. It is a do as I say environment. It use to be a better place to work but the CEO retired and it was all downhill from there. You can see this in the Forbes top 100 best places to work. At one point the company was ranked #3 under the previous CEO. They aren't currently ranked on this particular list.
Pros
Pay, Insurance
Cons
Feedback not appreciated, backstabbing, office politics, Management doesn't know how to do the job they are coaching for, many many pointless meetings
Good culture with poor leadership
Administrative Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJanuary 12, 2019
Horrible management. Everything is based off of perception verses actual facts. I was treated horribly by my management team. There are other ares of the company where management seems to be much more engaged in their employees experience
Enjoyed the people I worked with
ARNP (Former Employee) –  Whidbey Island, WAJanuary 7, 2019
I was a locum tenens employee and worked as a hospitalists so my work schedule was 7 on and 7 off. My contract ended and I continued to work with them to find more contract work.
Tough Job
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJanuary 3, 2019
I worked in their sales (ie physician recruiting) and it was a tough job. They attract candidates by the great benefits, work culture and atmosphere, but they have to because there is high turnover. Team leaders seem to have meetings about meetings about meetings and don't spend enough time working with their employees. Top sales reps get special treatment and allowances. But, if you can make the sales and recruit physicians to stop what they're currently doing and travel across the US to some new destination to work, then it is a great company and a great place to work. Loved the culture and upper management. Beautiful new facility with a cafeteria and full sized gym. A lot of meat heads and phony people also work here.
Pros
Culture, benefits
Cons
Very high stress, cutthroat, competitive work environment.
Overall a good company.
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Holladay, UTDecember 28, 2018
The onsite doctor and gym were awesome. We used those all the time for me and my family. The company overall was great to work for, unless you have to miss work due to medical reasons.
They provide travel opportunities
Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT, USDecember 1, 2018
they offer a decent pay and benefits package. They respond fairly quickly with pertinent information. I have found few good travel positions with them.
Cautionary tale
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  UtahNovember 2, 2018
In all of my life I have never heard of a sales based company that fires people who are successfully selling and hitting their goals. There is ZERO job security here. You can be in training and get fired or you could have been there five years and get fired. One minute you can be having a conversation with a friend of two years and the next they are gone. They walk them into a conference room and five minutes later they are gone. They are able to burn through Utah’s young intelligent people because they get 20,000 applications a year. This is damaging their reputation and damaging peoples lives. Nobody is really valuable. Everyone is expendable except upper management. If you are hired make sure you have a back up job lined up.
Pros
Fun at first with good core values.
Cons
Takes over you life with anxiety and they don’t follow their own core values.
I could work when I wanted to
Traveling Histologist (Former Employee) –  AnywhereOctober 16, 2018
I worked when and wherever I wanted to. I got hired over the phone on all my interviews. My jobs all gave me excellent recommendations, and I had several return assignments.
Locum Agency
Anesthesiologist (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAOctober 6, 2018
There is really not more to say other than it is a well organized locum tenen agency that has excellent communication and hiring processes. The agency matches contracted professionals with appropriate temporary work. Comphealth makes the process easy.
Need to Walk the Walk
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTOctober 2, 2018
Core Values are attractive when you look at them from outside, however, Directors and above are not held accountable to live and lead the Core Values.
Fun place to work, but very serious business when needed
Exclusive Client Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2018
Fun place to work, but very serious in business matters when needed. Very competitive rates, employees and executives. It is a fun culture designed to involve the employee and stimulate the mind as much as possible while still concentrating on clientele and effecting the market.
Beware if you take a Physician Assignment !
Physician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 2, 2018
CompHealth assigned me to a variety of jobs as a physician. Most positive, a few very negative. Things changed when I came under the "control" of a new rep. He told me that I wasn't qualified to work urgent care when they had assignmed me to various urgent care clinics over an 18 month period. I tried to get a two day Urgent Care assignment through CompHealth with a clinic that I had worked for many times (in urgent care) . The rep told me I was not credentialed for urgent care and killed the process. Cost me a great assignment and $2400.

What kind of company approves credentialing for 18 months and then claims that the doctor is not credentialed for urgent care and kills a job opportunity? ! He also told me that as an Internist (even with extensive experience in urgent care) that CompHealth's insurance would never allow me to work in urgent care again even though the mal-practice insurance company allegedly approved me in the past. I have No claims. No complaints.

Don't sign up with this company because they may turn around and bite you on the butt. You are nothing but a pawn when you work with CompHealth. They do have a lot assignments available but be aware that you will be working with bullies. And after you leave CompHealth you cannot get another assignment with any company they introduced you to for TWO years !

They own you lock stock and barrel..
Pros
A lot of jobs available
Cons
Read the review.
great culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cascade, MIJuly 2, 2018
CHG is a great place to work-their motto is "putting people first" and they truly use that in all of the decisions that they make! The company continues to grow and there's career advancement if you're willing to relocate to the various offices that they have throughout the US.
Great Company
Sales Leadership (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTJune 26, 2018
I have worked for CHG for over 4 years and it has been a great place to work. The cultIre is awsome and their are many growth opportunities. They pay special attention to the engagement of each employee to help everyone feel heard and happy.
Pros
Great culture, flexible work hours, on site gym
Cons
This is a Locum Tenum job finding company.
ARNP (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMJune 10, 2018
This company will find available Locum jobs for ARNP and PA's. They have better benefits than most Locum companies and a competitive salary. Free Housing and a 6 figure salary are the normal.
Pros
Salary and benefits.
Cons
unpain time between assginments.
productive and nurturing work enviornment
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 9, 2018
• Responsible for the placement of providers into client facilities.
• Averaged 80-105 cold calls per day.
• Negotiate contract terms with candidates on extended offers.
• Conduct reference verification and arrange interviews.
• Maintain database regarding status of potential candidates.
• Develop marketing strategies within my targeted market.
• Presidents Club Award Winner 05/14, 06/14, 07/14
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
several weekly meetings
Great
Psychiatrist (Former Employee) –  Locum positionJune 4, 2018
Great experience even when I just had part time job for few months in 2011-12?
I left the clinic assignment due to difficulties with staff and my recruiter helped me phase out of the position very nicely.
Pros
Very attentive and effective
Cons
Good for the right person
Physician Recr (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTApril 20, 2018
This job requires complete dedication to succeed without feeling burnout, Good for the right person in the right circumstances. They force you to grow individually and that is priceless. But you must be in the right mindset to do well long term.
Pros
Potential for good pay, personal growth experience
Cons
Stressful, will make you cry, very competitive, and sometimes out of your control if you don’t have prior training to prepare you better.
I found CompHealth to be a grinding experience with little to no training.
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 15, 2018
This was without a doubt the most difficult job I've ever done. And regrettably there was little to no training involved, to keep one's head above water you will find in necessary to work extremely long hours with some weekend as well as taking the work home with you at night.
Management was little help in problem resolution, and was entirely caught up in driving sales numbers.
They talk a good game but their values are not what they state and wave around freely.
Many of the people are fine folks but there is a very high turnover rate, so much internal competition.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
More work to earn money than I've ever been involved in, simply not worth it at the end of the day.