CompHealth Employee Reviews

Don’t expect to have an opinion
Sales (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTApril 29, 2019
It’s the CompHealth way or no way. They feel their business is “too complicated” to get expert advice from outside the company. If you’re “in” with those that have been there for 12+ years it doesn’t matter if you’re talented or not, you’re safe. If you’re not then you must abide by the way you’re told.
Pros
Good money if budgets are set correctly. Often times we were told they weren’t.
Cons
No creativity can be used.
Family Oriented
Senior Anesthesiology Sales/Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 6, 2019
Great place to begin your recruiting career, learn business development and is an on-going learning process.
Many work incentives and fun activities and flexible work schedule.
Pros
Exciting
Cons
Commission plan is not lucrative
Fun place to work
PHYSICIAN RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityMarch 20, 2019
Very fun place to work. Culture emphasizes how company makes an impact in community. Lots of meetings. I worked in sales/doctor recruiting which was not the right position for me and was offered to be put in a other position rather than perfomance plan.
Pros
Company activites, free food
Cons
Pressure on sales positions
Transparent, cool, and fun. Great people and all seem to be attractive.
Provider Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2019
This is a terrific place to work. Probably even more so if you are in your twenties and looking to kick off a career that can make great money and lots of friends. Tough if you are older and looking to learn what you are worth sooner than later. Feeling like an outcast most days but there are more than enough opportunities to get to know others, grow, and expand your knowledge.
Watch your back
Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2019
There are perks to working at CompHealth. Insurance and pay is fair. However you better just keep your mouth shut and your head down. Suggestions are not appreciated. It is a do as I say environment. It use to be a better place to work but the CEO retired and it was all downhill from there. You can see this in the Forbes top 100 best places to work. At one point the company was ranked #3 under the previous CEO. They aren't currently ranked on this particular list.
Pros
Pay, Insurance
Cons
Feedback not appreciated, backstabbing, office politics, Management doesn't know how to do the job they are coaching for, many many pointless meetings
Good culture with poor leadership
Administrative Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJanuary 12, 2019
Horrible management. Everything is based off of perception verses actual facts. I was treated horribly by my management team. There are other ares of the company where management seems to be much more engaged in their employees experience
Great company
contract laboratory (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJanuary 10, 2019
Great company to work for. Provided everything I needed for a work assignment. Communication was always professional and opened. would work for this company again.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
ARNP (Former Employee) –  Whidbey Island, WAJanuary 7, 2019
I was a locum tenens employee and worked as a hospitalists so my work schedule was 7 on and 7 off. My contract ended and I continued to work with them to find more contract work.
Tough Job
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJanuary 3, 2019
I worked in their sales (ie physician recruiting) and it was a tough job. They attract candidates by the great benefits, work culture and atmosphere, but they have to because there is high turnover. Team leaders seem to have meetings about meetings about meetings and don't spend enough time working with their employees. Top sales reps get special treatment and allowances. But, if you can make the sales and recruit physicians to stop what they're currently doing and travel across the US to some new destination to work, then it is a great company and a great place to work. Loved the culture and upper management. Beautiful new facility with a cafeteria and full sized gym. A lot of meat heads and phony people also work here.
Pros
Culture, benefits
Cons
Very high stress, cutthroat, competitive work environment.
Overall a good company.
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Holladay, UTDecember 28, 2018
The onsite doctor and gym were awesome. We used those all the time for me and my family. The company overall was great to work for, unless you have to miss work due to medical reasons.
They provide travel opportunities
Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT, USDecember 1, 2018
they offer a decent pay and benefits package. They respond fairly quickly with pertinent information. I have found few good travel positions with them.
Cautionary tale
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  UtahNovember 2, 2018
In all of my life I have never heard of a sales based company that fires people who are successfully selling and hitting their goals. There is ZERO job security here. You can be in training and get fired or you could have been there five years and get fired. One minute you can be having a conversation with a friend of two years and the next they are gone. They walk them into a conference room and five minutes later they are gone. They are able to burn through Utah’s young intelligent people because they get 20,000 applications a year. This is damaging their reputation and damaging peoples lives. Nobody is really valuable. Everyone is expendable except upper management. If you are hired make sure you have a back up job lined up.
Pros
Fun at first with good core values.
Cons
Takes over you life with anxiety and they don’t follow their own core values.
great
Certified Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Gautier, MSOctober 29, 2018
Recruiter was helpful and did not have any problems with CompHealth. Always available if I had any problems and corrected quickly. Would work for them again if the opportunity was available.
I could work when I wanted to
Traveling Histologist (Former Employee) –  AnywhereOctober 16, 2018
I worked when and wherever I wanted to. I got hired over the phone on all my interviews. My jobs all gave me excellent recommendations, and I had several return assignments.
Locum Agency
Anesthesiologist (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAOctober 6, 2018
There is really not more to say other than it is a well organized locum tenen agency that has excellent communication and hiring processes. The agency matches contracted professionals with appropriate temporary work. Comphealth makes the process easy.
Need to Walk the Walk
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTOctober 2, 2018
Core Values are attractive when you look at them from outside, however, Directors and above are not held accountable to live and lead the Core Values.
Fun place to work, but very serious business when needed
Exclusive Client Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2018
Fun place to work, but very serious in business matters when needed. Very competitive rates, employees and executives. It is a fun culture designed to involve the employee and stimulate the mind as much as possible while still concentrating on clientele and effecting the market.
Beware if you take a Physician Assignment !
Physician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 2, 2018
CompHealth assigned me to a variety of jobs as a physician. Most positive, a few very negative. Things changed when I came under the "control" of a new rep. He told me that I wasn't qualified to work urgent care when they had assignmed me to various urgent care clinics over an 18 month period. I tried to get a two day Urgent Care assignment through CompHealth with a clinic that I had worked for many times (in urgent care) . The rep told me I was not credentialed for urgent care and killed the process. Cost me a great assignment and $2400.

What kind of company approves credentialing for 18 months and then claims that the doctor is not credentialed for urgent care and kills a job opportunity? ! He also told me that as an Internist (even with extensive experience in urgent care) that CompHealth's insurance would never allow me to work in urgent care again even though the mal-practice insurance company allegedly approved me in the past. I have No claims. No complaints.

Don't sign up with this company because they may turn around and bite you on the butt. You are nothing but a pawn when you work with CompHealth. They do have a lot assignments available but be aware that you will be working with bullies. And after you leave CompHealth you cannot get another assignment with any company they introduced you to for TWO years !

They own you lock stock and barrel..
Pros
A lot of jobs available
Cons
Read the review.
great culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cascade, MIJuly 2, 2018
CHG is a great place to work-their motto is "putting people first" and they truly use that in all of the decisions that they make! The company continues to grow and there's career advancement if you're willing to relocate to the various offices that they have throughout the US.
Great Company
Sales Leadership (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTJune 26, 2018
I have worked for CHG for over 4 years and it has been a great place to work. The cultIre is awsome and their are many growth opportunities. They pay special attention to the engagement of each employee to help everyone feel heard and happy.
Pros
Great culture, flexible work hours, on site gym