CompHealth Employee Reviews for Physician

Beware if you take a Physician Assignment !
Physician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 2, 2018
CompHealth assigned me to a variety of jobs as a physician. Most positive, a few very negative. Things changed when I came under the "control" of a new rep. He told me that I wasn't qualified to work urgent care when they had assignmed me to various urgent care clinics over an 18 month period. I tried to get a two day Urgent Care assignment through CompHealth with a clinic that I had worked for many times (in urgent care) . The rep told me I was not credentialed for urgent care and killed the process. Cost me a great assignment and $2400.

What kind of company approves credentialing for 18 months and then claims that the doctor is not credentialed for urgent care and kills a job opportunity? ! He also told me that as an Internist (even with extensive experience in urgent care) that CompHealth's insurance would never allow me to work in urgent care again even though the mal-practice insurance company allegedly approved me in the past. I have No claims. No complaints.

Don't sign up with this company because they may turn around and bite you on the butt. You are nothing but a pawn when you work with CompHealth. They do have a lot assignments available but be aware that you will be working with bullies. And after you leave CompHealth you cannot get another assignment with any company they introduced you to for TWO years !

They own you lock stock and barrel..
Pros
A lot of jobs available
Cons
Read the review.
Poorly run, poor communication.
Physician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2017
Any self respecting doctor would not give the time of day to this company. Unfortunately, I had the experience of working with them. It seems like most of the coordination and actual "footwork" of this company is a bunch of 20 something year-olds trying to make a quick buck. I would avoid at all costs. Unless, you have zero self respect.
Good job
Locum Tenens Physician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 17, 2016
seeing lots of patients in a busy primary care setting, most patients are underserved and work in rural areas, it is a good place to work
Good opportunities after residency
Physician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC areaJuly 22, 2014
I finished residency, and wasn't sure what to do next. Did locum assignments for a year.

Pros with locum - traveled to different locations, made wonderful friends, saw how different health facilities worked

Pros with CompHealth - very efficient with paperwork, pay checks deposited regularly, responsive to travel crises (broken down cars, change of airports), happy with accommodations, friendly staff

Cons with locum - some sites are terrible with temporary physicians (I.e., poor orientation, onerous call schedule). Also, work is not steady (May have a month off before getting an assignment.).

Cons with CompHealth - mixed feelings about the physician recruiter. Was aggressive in getting jobs for me, but also was aggressive in pushing jobs that I did not want or that made me uncomfortable. My locum experiences were positive, until against my gut feelings, I accepted one ill-fitting job. However, these tactics must be industry-wide, as recruiters from other companies have treated me the same way. Advice - check worksite out before agreeing to the contract. If your intuition tells you to check out, get out!
Pros
Excellent administration; responsive to problems
Cons
Remember their job placement is more important than your job needs